Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm glad more people will be encouraged to play Doom as everyone should RIP AND TEAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Policenaut posted:

For those of you who want to play Voez on your TV or with buttons: Voez is getting a physical release early next year that includes the option to play docked and also to use a controller. No word yet as to whether or not they'll also include it as a free update to current digital owners but I can only assume they will?

It'll be interesting to see how the controller works in the game

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LethalGeek posted:

I'm glad more people will be encouraged to play Doom as everyone should RIP AND TEAR

I'm so happy that it's coming to the Switch of all things. However, there's no way I'm going to buy it again. Especially since the MP was pretty bad.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Lessail posted:

It'll be interesting to see how the controller works in the game

I can't imagine it working well, I guess you have to use the thumbsticks to move some of the notes left and right? Sounds like a nightmare

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Every time a Steam World game gets announced I see a lot of dudes talk about how much they love it and they can't wait for more so I went ahead and grabbed 2 just to check it out myself. I mean I spent my entire afternoon playing it and it's 2:00AM right now but I don't see what the big deal is??? It just ate up my day???

Though seriously I have no idea what the story of the game I just played was and despite the credits rolling and nothing really being said when I start the game back up it feels like I'm missing something. The game is just Bizarre

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I used Pac Man to get the Mii costume in Mario Kart and the helmet has animated Pac Man chomping down while racing. It's definitely my favorite outfit so far. Are there any other animated Mii outfits?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I have 0 amiibos, what are the best ones aka ones with the most uses?

Black King Conga
Mar 30, 2011
Just got my switch. Holy poo poo! Zelda is awesome. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the freedom they give you at the start. I'm getting my rear end kicked a lot!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Alan_Shore posted:

I dunno but the squishy Metroid one is best.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
If Splatoon characters are in Mario Kart 8, does this mean we might see Pikachu in MK9?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

BisterdDave posted:

If Splatoon characters are in Mario Kart 8, does this mean we might see Pikachu in MK9?

Pokemon Company strongly dislikes stuff like that so probably not.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Alan_Shore posted:

If you're only buying Amiibos so that you can use their functionality, then just buy an action replay amiibo (with power tag) from GameStop and emulate them all.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

BisterdDave posted:

pikachu isn't old enough to drive

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Zelder posted:

pikachu isn't old enough to drive

And Baby Peach is?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Twilight Princess amiibo is obviously the best one. Wolf Link in BotW is adorbs and awesome.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

BisterdDave posted:

And Baby Peach is?

Royalty can do whatever they want

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

A Metroid is loose, but Samus is on the case.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

what? Pikachu is merchandised out on every single item in my home. Or is it just other video games?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

well why not posted:

what? Pikachu is merchandised out on every single item in my home. Or is it just other video games?

Crossovers are not the same as general merchandise, because your property is in someone else's control, even under license, to create something that'll be seen in the same light as your own games. Some companies really don't like that.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Bought Xenoverse 2 + DLC, Pokken & Steamworld Dig 2 a few minutes ago on the eShop. The switch library is amazing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Black King Conga posted:

Just got my switch. Holy poo poo! Zelda is awesome. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the freedom they give you at the start. I'm getting my rear end kicked a lot!

Zelda is GOTY for sure, and getting your rear end kicked a bunch in the beginning is completely normal. The only penalty for dying is a small loading screen. Get inventive with how you approach problems in the game, nearly everything is a valid solution.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
I only just found out that the Xenoverse 2 you guys have been talking about is not the same as Xenoblade 2 :doh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean it's not far off

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

XyrlocShammypants posted:

There's no shame but I think its helpful to talk people out of the Switch version if they can get it on PC or PS4. Is portability worth the big hits to performance and cost? For example, no one talked me out of NBA2K18 because early footage looked decent. Turns out the performance is actually really mediocre and it totally wasn't worth. So gently caress ya'll for not saving me money!

As someone that has played NBA 2k every year since 2k9, the Switch version owns.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Nintendo supposedly supports two step authorization now.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Steamworld Dig 2 is fun but the trial of skillness and trial of rockets can both go gently caress themselves

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There are plenty of Pokemon in Smash Bros, don't see why they'd trust Nintendo to use them for that but not for Mario Kart.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Is Dragonball Xenoverse 2 a fighting game?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope they do a Steamworld Heist 2 at some point since I liked that one a lot

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

irlZaphod posted:

Yeppers

Everyone please buy it and send screenshots of your receipt to Bandai Namco with a note saying "FighterZ on Switch please"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

It is and it's surprisingly fun as a nostalgia trip. It's a little grindy but that's only if you're really into playing dress-up with your custom z-man, which if you are - you probably won't mind about the grinding.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/911213521530163205

Atelier coming to Switch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad the Switch is a Vita but also popular now

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Dawn of the anime tidal wave

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nintendo, who introduced us to the voice app for their online, has beaten Sony to TFA security and changeable nicknames :lol:

Also RE: Revelations 2 will be the first game outside of 1-2 Switch to make use of the IR camera

Simple but effective and will work much like the reload did in best version RE4 Wii. Much like putting a clip you just move the camera closer to your hand

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah Sony's had 2FA for over a year now

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah Sony's had 2FA for over a year now

Isn't it still a SMS system? If that's changed since I last recall then oops my bad!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It's still SMS, but it's better than nothing.

Also it's a bit finnicky on Vita iirc.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah it's still SMS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

thexerox123 posted:

There are plenty of Pokemon in Smash Bros, don't see why they'd trust Nintendo to use them for that but not for Mario Kart.

If I recall it took Nintendo some time to get pokemon into Mario Maker and even then they weren't allowed to use their cries until a couple months into the games life. TPC is weird.

• Locked thread