Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This is art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

G1ZM0 posted:

I wonder if they will wipe tokens when the event ends.

It's in the FAQ somewhere- after the event ends you have 1 week to turn in leftover tokens and claim the winning weapon, they do get wiped/made useless somehow on the reset after that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I want more iridescent shaders like dawn to dusk

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm a spaceman shootman give me all the crazy sci fi colors

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

These factions are an event? They're not going to be permanent like D1? I didn't pay too much attention to the update blog as I assumed they were just bringing them back and when everyone was saying, "we have to pick the one that wins or we don't get the gun" (yeah I know you can get it for 50k if you don't).

I figured the competition was a weekly thing or something and if Dead Orbit or whoever was always winning they'd scale up the other factions so it rotates through them somewhat.

So these dudes are gone in a few weeks or what?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

96 spacejam posted:

These factions are an event? They're not going to be permanent like D1? I didn't pay too much attention to the update blog as I assumed they were just bringing them back and when everyone was saying, "we have to pick the one that wins or we don't get the gun" (yeah I know you can get it for 50k if you don't).

I figured the competition was a weekly thing or something and if Dead Orbit or whoever was always winning they'd scale up the other factions so it rotates through them somewhat.

So these dudes are gone in a few weeks or what?

Looks like it. I'd expect it to recur monthly or however long it takes to cycle through all the 1-week special events they end up introducing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My prediction is two weekly events, IB and faction week. So they have a week of downtime between and that means both run every month.

With schedule adjustments for the holiday events they almost certainly have set up already.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Akuma posted:

Are you crashy people on Pros? On a Poor the only crashes I get are coming back from rest mode.

I'm on the standard. Hopefully it'll get better tonight when there's more people logged in. :suicide:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I've had it crash on me once so far. It's weird seeing a PS4 game just eat it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The DO pistol seems quite good. It has boring perks but really seems to have high aim assist and handling

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sure would be nice of bungie to update the API with the new guns so we could slobber over their stats.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Sure would be nice of bungie to update the API with the new guns so we could slobber over their stats.

Yes. Ugh.

FWC energy scout Pleiades Corrector seems like maybe a winner?

*Lightweight
*HCR
*Rampage

200rpm so the impact is a little low. Allows the HCR to kick tho. Reticle moves up and to the side when firing but resets really fast and doesn't take too much to control it when spamming. Handling is breezy.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

cvnvcnv posted:

Pleiades Corrector

This is a really dope name.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

IronSaber posted:

I've had it crash on me once so far. It's weird seeing a PS4 game just eat it.

I know, I've had eternal load flights and bungie noun errors, those aren't that surprising. But the BSoD is new to me.

On the upside, I have finally unlocked the Voidlock and it's bottom tree. Devour, grenade, grenade, grenade, Devour, ad infinitum. Every gunfight is now a canvas begging for my paintbrush to slather it in purple.

I am become Sizzurp, the Herald of the dread god Khruhnk of the planet Co'Dine . All shall firmly grip the chalice of the Void and sip deeply. Amen.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
As people realize that 90% of the people in their clan don't play any more and look for a new one, a reminder that the OG clan is still around:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2082950

We don't have any fancy services you need to sign up for, no funny kid movie references or anything, so if you want a no-frills clan that just plays w/o much fuss, request and I'll approve you. No need to poop up the thread with "I sent an invite..." posts.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Father Wendigo posted:

I know, I've had eternal load flights and bungie noun errors, those aren't that surprising. But the BSoD is new to me.

On the upside, I have finally unlocked the Voidlock and it's bottom tree. Devour, grenade, grenade, grenade, Devour, ad infinitum. Every gunfight is now a canvas begging for my paintbrush to slather it in purple.

I am become Sizzurp, the Herald of the dread god Khruhnk of the planet Co'Dine . All shall firmly grip the chalice of the Void and sip deeply. Amen.

This is art

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Looks like guided games is fully available now. Guess we'll see what that means though.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Can't wait to see the salt from people who think they should be able to Guided Games the raid without a mic or even the sound on.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I got the NM scout out of a cayde chest, just in time to get 7 more of them from faction engrams

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Joke's on you, stop giving Cayde money.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm gonna buy that drat New Monarchy Sidearm with a fat 50-stack of Glimjamins

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Waffle House posted:

W... why?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Waffle House posted:

only if they win, so fat chance

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Hulk Krogan posted:

This is a really dope name.

Yes, the seven sisters of the Pleiades are hot B-type stars and oh yes they need correcting. :fap:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

If you play Hunter, the Suros sidearms coupled with the Mechaneer's Tricksleeves make for a REALLY fast-firing experience. Tricksleeves give you a crazy buff to reload and handling speeds, and Suros FullAuto sidearm like Dead Man Walking already is quite fast.

You can very efficiently discharge 16 rounds (Dead Man walking) in someone's face, and with a blink-and-you'll-miss-it-reload then immediately dump out 16 more.

I totally thought they were garbage, but figured that I'd get the Raiden's vest pretty soon after the game launched, so I took a chance when getting them from Sloane.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

only if they win, so fat chance

I think other factions can still buy the weapon, just at 50k glims, which im pretty sure is gonna happen (The NM sidearm costing the manybucks because NM loses and is a stinky faction boooooo)

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 26, 2017

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Waffle House posted:

I think other factions can still buy the weapon, just at 50k glims, which is indeed what I'm predicting.

Yes, anyone can buy the weapon of the faction that wins the faction war

So if NM wins you can buy it.

I don't think they'll win.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

So the new nightfall is:

Timewarp: zero hour - The mission timer cannot be extended
Torrent - Power erupts from within. Your abilities recharge much faster. Use them to shatter your foes.

Is this as fun as it looks or is it just a steaming pile of garbage? On a side note, I'm all sorts of miffed that bungo is promoting skipping content. This most recent nightfall timer is just loving infuriating. Adding content and then telling people to ignore is is dumb and awful and anybody who likes it should feel bad.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Mithross posted:

Yes, anyone can buy the weapon of the faction that wins the faction war

So if NM wins you can buy it.

I don't think they'll win.

I think FWC will win cause of the weapons.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Hulk Krogan posted:

The raid auto rifle (or any AR with a big mag) + a titan wearing War Rig is what you want.

http://i.imgur.com/QoNxlvA.gifv

The Hakke Halfdan-D is the best for war rig. Slowest Rof, it's in its own class, and still gets 4 rounds on each proc. Also has outlaw if you ever do have to actually reload.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

d3lness posted:

So the new nightfall is:

Torrent - Power erupts from within. Your abilities recharge much faster. Use them to shatter your foes.

Is this as fun as it looks or is it just a steaming pile of garbage? On a side note, I'm all sorts of miffed that bungo is promoting skipping content. This most recent nightfall timer is just loving infuriating. Adding content and then telling people to ignore is is dumb and awful and anybody who likes it should feel bad.

Shutup idiot

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mazerunner posted:

I got the NM scout out of a cayde chest, just in time to get 7 more of them from faction engrams

Whoa I got one too

Whoa

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
3 strikers running double pulse grenades on the nightfall is just :discourse:

Our top scorer had 1 precision kill, and we didn't have more than 10 between the 3 of us.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I'm so excited to get home from work and run the Nightfall. Obtaining the Rat King feels certain. I imagine Devour Warlock is going to be purple rain during the nightfall.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Got the fwc hand cannon, and it looks fuuuuuuun. My only regret is that it's kinetic so I can't use it and better devils at the same time

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

PathAsc posted:

Got the fwc hand cannon, and it looks fuuuuuuun. My only regret is that it's kinetic so I can't use it and better devils at the same time

I've got the AR 5 times now. And the rad as gently caress scout once.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

God the FWC warlock set sucks. It's so ugly.

The NM Titan set, on the other hand, is swanky.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
So we killed Calus earlier this afternoon except we didn't kill him. We two phased him, but got him to the burn phase right as the buff on the last platform ran out. He then bugged out and went immune while doing his shield/burn thing and we wiped because we couldn't damage him.

We only got two more attempts in, couldn't kill him and the group ended I think. I feel pretty bad for the people in the raid who hadn't killed him before.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

d3lness posted:

So the new nightfall is:

Is this as fun as it looks or is it just a steaming pile of garbage?

Is a really fun NF. is also easier than normal, so a good time to complete rat king.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Does the Sentinel's rallying force ability (heal on melee kills) stack with Mask of the Quiet One?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hell yeah that fwc hc is cool, high impact is great.

Hoping to do calus and maybe rat king tonight