Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I want to play with the war hydra super flank fire breath attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Welp, guess I'm not sleeping tonight.

See ya'll in about 5 hours.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

madmac posted:

Honestly Skrolk just looks a lot better in general. Skrolk is this crazy strong Magic Rat with a bunch of unique powers and items and crap who's also kinda decent in melee, while Queek is just your extra-stabby generic Rat Lord except he can't ride any bigger rats.

Not to say Queek isn't worth taking for a spin but I don't think he'll get much play even in MP. [B]Life is tough out there for melee duelist lords without a mount.[/]

Salacious slander of Sigvald!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Tardcore posted:

same, but I have no obligations and plenty of caffeine.

Does keeping my job count as an obligation?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Deakul posted:

Welp, guess I'm not sleeping tonight.

See ya'll in about 5 hours.

Should sleep for 5 hours instead

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

madmac posted:

Honestly Skrolk just looks a lot better in general. Skrolk is this crazy strong Magic Rat with a bunch of unique powers and items and crap who's also kinda decent in melee, while Queek is just your extra-stabby generic Rat Lord except he can't ride any bigger rats.

Not to say Queek isn't worth taking for a spin but I don't think he'll get much play even in MP. Life is tough out there for melee duelist lords without a mount.

queek has the advantage of having only one other nearby enemy LL

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

He also has that Vermin Bravery skill that aoe pushes back all enemies and gives him a run speed buff.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Phrosphor posted:

He also has that Vermin Bravery skill that aoe pushes back all enemies and gives him a run speed buff.

Yeah, but so do regular Warlords. And they can ride Bonebreakers.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Popete posted:

Does keeping my job count as an obligation?

I quit my job and it's awesome. You should quit too.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ammanas posted:

Should sleep for 5 hours instead

Good idea, actually.
Just gonna set my alarm.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
In the grim future of 3:30 AM, there is only (total) War(hammer 2)

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Also structuring your life around a videogame release is small.minded, you are made for better things. It's a fun distraction from things that matter nothing more :)

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Nah

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Ammanas posted:

Also structuring your life around a videogame release is small.minded, you are made for better things. It's a fun distraction from things that matter nothing more :)

actually we're rats

we're the rats

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Ammanas posted:

lol, good one

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
i'm playing as a giant dragon ogre to prepare for my adventures as a fat rear end frog.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I bet this post is tiresome, but steam says the unlock is due for ~1 am here in Texas (CST), is that about right? Or is it midnight PST as usual?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

basic hitler posted:

I bet this post is tiresome, but steam says the unlock is due for ~1 am here in Texas (CST), is that about right? Or is it midnight PST as usual?

2:30 plus however long it takes to actually play after unlocking.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

When the Skaven and Lizardbros make an alliance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYlJG8hOgyI

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Ammanas posted:

You make a good point but I'm incredibly stupid so I'm doing it anyway.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Does anyone know if modding will be enabled from the beginning? Going to give this a try unmodded, but I got a feeling I want a no aggressive AI agents mod...

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

It's 12 CST. Where's my game CA?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

SirPhoebos posted:

It's 12 CST. Where's my game CA?

it's 2:30 CST I think, although steam is saying about an hour so idk

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Tardcore posted:

it's 2:30 CST I think, although steam is saying about an hour so idk

Steam says "about an hour" as soon as the countdown ticks under two hours. Maybe it'll release at midnight PST rather than 0030 (why then of all times?) but I wouldn't expect much earlier than that.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Is there a good reason to set the rollout so late? why not midnight local time, and who cares if a few people game the release time by a few hours. isn't that kinda loving pointless hair splitting?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

basic hitler posted:

Is there a good reason to set the rollout so late? why not midnight local time, and who cares if a few people game the release time by a few hours. isn't that kinda loving pointless hair splitting?

Because you want your people in the office in case stuff breaks on release day.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Does anyone have the details on what spells are in the new lores of magic?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
wheres the rats

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

wheres the rats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SIlYiiCGLI

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I was going to start with a Dark Elf army and self-destruct my entire empire in a slave revolt but then I watched a video of a High Elf campaign where the guy playing used Influence to buy a Lord with the title "The White Lion" which made him a High Elf wearing a magical Lion pelt wielding a large two-hander axe, and his levelling tree showed he could ultimately ride a dragon.
So I guess in the name of making an axe-wielding elf on a dragon I'm going with the High Elves first. I would still like them to hurry up and add Imrik so I can have an army stack of nothing but dragons but this'll do for a start.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hooman posted:

Does anyone have the details on what spells are in the new lores of magic?

(In the TT, which they tend to copy fairly directly)

Dark elf magic gets a combat buff, a targeted and short range aoe debuff, and a bunch of different damage spells including a magic missile, a black hole vortex, a single target nuke, and an aoe that actually summons ghost weapons that you roll to hit with (great against chaff, weak against elites)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

download complete :)

Griffball
Sep 6, 2010
It's loading :dance:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Gentlegoons, I bid thee a good elf slaughter. (It's decrypting!)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

change thread title to Total Warhammer 2: The Squeakquel

thanks

Griffball
Sep 6, 2010
God even on my SSD it is so slow.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Griffball posted:

If it makes you feel any better, on my not-SSD the Steam eta to finish unpacking is at least 45 mins

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I have been waiting for the Skaven for so long. Come to me my pretties.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

Griffball posted:

Yeah, 10 minutes to unpack on my SSD. :monocle:

EDIT:

Wafflecopper posted:

If it makes you feel any better, on my not-SSD the Steam eta to finish unpacking is at least 45 mins

I'm sorry. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'm going to play Tyrion first, crush all dissent within the Asur, then sail across the seas and pound the Drucii tryhards into the dust.

All elf death, all the time.