Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Honestly I wonder if the best tactic isn't to simply increase the minimum card count to 30. It'll increase RNG and also some less played cards as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Honestly I wonder if the best tactic isn't to simply increase the minimum card count to 30. It'll increase RNG and also some less played cards as well.

Sir, this is a McDonalds drive through STDH thread.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

The Iron Rose posted:

If the stdh had more cards for their cliches and had to randomly draw them, I think some real gold could be had.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I counter your "I want to talk with a manager" with "Actually, I am the manager."

BOOM 5 damage

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
STDidH:

Universal built a new waterpark with some waterslides that have a 200lb limit. Not kid slides. Adult slides. And they have a scale at the top to make sure.

This is a brand new park built in America.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zero One posted:

STDidH:

Universal built a new waterpark with some waterslides that have a 200lb limit. Not kid slides. Adult slides. And they have a scale at the top to make sure.

If I remember correctly, it's because the slides go way far out from their base structure and the company wasn't really experienced in it, so they're unusually flimsy.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Zero One posted:

STDidH:

Awkward for tall but not fat dudes. Like, the only person in the NBA who can go on that is Isaiah Washington. Which I hope he does, and then tells everyone else it was loving awesome. Sorry you missed it, Lebron!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AlbieQuirky posted:

Awkward for tall but not fat dudes. Like, the only person in the NBA who can go on that is Isaiah Washington. Which I hope he does, and then tells everyone else it was loving awesome. Sorry you missed it, Lebron!

I'm 6'2 with a completely average body type and I still weigh about 215. Only tiny dudes are gonna ride it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I don't see a problem with rides having weight limits even if it impacts more than just the fatties. They aren't obligated to build everything out of reinforced titanium to accomodate every single guest - if you don't like it, just go somewhere else. Or get peter pan to scold the minimum wage employee for doing his job I guess.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm 6'2 with a completely average body type and I still weigh about 215. Only tiny dudes are gonna ride it.

That's well into overweight and not terribly far from obese. That's not a completely average body type in any sane place. You should (likely, depending how you're built) weight between 160 and 190.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

oh here we go

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

freeedr posted:

That's well into overweight and not terribly far from obese. That's not a completely average body type in any sane place. You should (likely, depending how you're built) weight between 160 and 190.

No? I don't even have a visible gut. My silhouette is literally the ectomorph male:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

freeedr posted:

BMI Lies Matter

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm DICKHEAD RIIIIICK!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'm DICKHEAD RIIIIICK!

Me: "Hey nice shirt. Do you understand what your shirt is from?"
Her: "Do I know you? Get the gently caress away from me,loser."
Me: ...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Do you understand what your shirt is from?" I asked very normally.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

'Point proven' *did not try to make a point*.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Whenever I see someone wearing a t-shirt, I immediately approach them and ask about intricacies of producing t-shirts, printing techniques, materials being used, international trade agreements, etc., until I prove conclusively they don't deserve to wear clothes. loving casuals. Learn something about things you wear maybe.

'Uhm, I guess it's like acrylic paint, ha-ha'

You moron.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
You "normies" just don't understand how hard it is for an intelligent male like me to find a woman in this cultural wasteland where people only watch unintelligent shows like Big Bang Theory. The other day, I almost had some hope. I saw a :siren:FEMALE:siren: wearing a shirt from the super intelligent and grimdark science fiction show Rick and Morty ("normies" can't understand 90% of the jokes and references in this show, they just aren't intelligent enough). I found myself immediately attracted to this :siren:FEMALE:siren: but I was doubtful; could a :siren:FEMALE:siren: really be intelligent enough to understand all of the quantum physics and multiple universes in Rick and Morty? I theorized that a :siren:FEMALE:siren: could not. With my hypothesis in place, I went out to prove my point.

"Do you understand where that shirt is from?" I asked, tipping my fedora and fluttering my trench coat.

"Um like some cartoon I guess," she replied, a vacant stare showing the absence of any intelligence, even for a :siren:FEMALE:siren:. "Like, get schwifty?" She obviously didn't even understand the subtle irony of schwifty and it's call out to modern rap music. Still, I pressed on, perhaps she could learn if she had the right teacher.

"Have you ever watched any of the episodes?"

"Um like yeah I watched a few and thought the shirt was cute."

loving whore. She probably didn't pay attention. Probably texting or talking to some chad while the greatest TV show in all of existence was playing in the background. I gave one final try to see if perhaps her subconscious at least picked up on Rick and Morty's deep social commentary.

"How many schmeckles did you pay for the shirt?"

"Uh like what's a schmeckle I paid $20."

I sighed, my hypothesis confirmed, there is no intelligence to be found. "Point proven," I mumbled as I walked away, my trench coat billowing behind me. "Have a nice day, miss."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwsQ1RSpyTs

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't see a problem with rides having weight limits even if it impacts more than just the fatties. They aren't obligated to build everything out of reinforced titanium to accomodate every single guest - if you don't like it, just go somewhere else. Or get peter pan to scold the minimum wage employee for doing his job I guess.

I think the part where they didn't design it that way on purpose and now have to deal with people trying to get Peter Pan to scold people is where the problem is. Or maybe they did do it that way on purpose and it's a new way for them to punish their operators, who knows.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Paladinus posted:

Whenever I see someone wearing a t-shirt, I immediately approach them and ask about intricacies of producing t-shirts, printing techniques, materials being used, international trade agreements, etc., until I prove conclusively they don't deserve to wear clothes. loving casuals. Learn something about things you wear maybe.

'Uhm, I guess it's like acrylic paint, ha-ha'

You moron.

I have a friend who worked in the screenprinting biz and he would point out stuff like that, but in a nice informative way.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
What would have been a clever enough answer for how many schmekels it cost? I don't watch the show.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'm DICKHEAD RIIIIICK!

lmao, is this the incel version of "Hey! That girl is wearing a Misfits shirt! Not cool!"

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

kimbo305 posted:

What would have been a clever enough answer for how many schmekels it cost? I don't watch the show.

There is literally nothing clever about the question or any possible answer.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Atmus posted:

I think the part where they didn't design it that way on purpose and now have to deal with people trying to get Peter Pan to scold people is where the problem is. Or maybe they did do it that way on purpose and it's a new way for them to punish their operators, who knows.

I was just thinking that in theory you could come up with a ride idea that might just not work with super strong reinforced material.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I was just thinking that in theory you could come up with a ride idea that might just not work with super strong reinforced material.

You could, but I can't figure out how you would do so intentionally and have it be any kind of good business decision.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
My ex-wife would very often throw on one of my super hero shirts if we were just going grocery shopping or running up to the mall .

Twice, that I know of, a dude approached her and tried to quiz her about what was on the shirt.

The first time she was confused and the second time she said "yeah it's the gently caress off lantern"

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
But see, it is very important that people know every bit of trivia about the nerd thing on their shirt, or else they're just faking it like the fake nerd filthy casuals they are.

*Mysteriously never quizzes men on this stuff*

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Haifisch posted:

that's due to a mix of negging and being terrified of other, likely more sexually successful, men

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Haifisch posted:

But see, it is very important that people know every bit of trivia about the nerd thing on their shirt, or else they're just faking it like the fake nerd filthy casuals they are.

We were on a business trip and my colleague has lost his beanie somewhere. It was getting cold, so he decided to buy one at a nerd shop. He's picked one with an 8-bit Link on it very enthusiastically, and I hummed the jingle from the game that plays when you find an item. Turns out he didn't even know the name of the character and had only very vague recollection of seeing the game somewhere. And I couldn't care less, really. Although it is puzzling why one would want to buy nerd merch for things they aren't really attached to. It's not like that merch is of good quality or designs are particularly great.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It's because these dweebs are revolting misogynistic losers.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

clearly this woman is pretending to like a cartoon to impress ME. nice try plebe!

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
proposal: a cartoon with references to pop culture sci-fi themes coated with a veneer of "grimdark nihlism" that has no internal consistency

reality: a man becomes convinced that he has a high IQ because he read half a wikipedia article on schrodinger's cat. he briefly leaves his home and sees females wearing shirts sold at popular retailers. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes her madly, yelling "my nigga have u even watched Rick and Morty"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

omnibobb posted:

My ex-wife would very often throw on one of my super hero shirts if we were just going grocery shopping or running up to the mall .

Twice, that I know of, a dude approached her and tried to quiz her about what was on the shirt.

The first time she was confused and the second time she said "yeah it's the gently caress off lantern"

*pushes up glasses* "excuse me, his name is guy gardner"

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Zelder posted:

*pushes up glasses* "excuse me, his name is guy gardner"

*pushes up his glasses, THEN your glasses* The canonical "gently caress off lantern" would be the one belonging to Larfleeze. Possibly the one belonging to Atrocitus, depending on how you read "gently caress off lantern".

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It's because these dweebs are revolting misogynistic losers.

But enough about goons.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Ironically, the gently caress off lantern shirt was a blue lantern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

omnibobb posted:

Ironically, the gently caress off lantern shirt was a blue lantern.

If that was true, that was cosmically loving priceless.