Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

The Snoo posted:

yall I got the royal taster's kit for the hot sauce 'dines in the mail and I want to share them with my dad because he #1 likes hot sauce and #2 likes sardines, but he's also doing a low-carb thing right now and I don't know what to do with them. he'd probably just toss them on a salad or something, honestly; I just wanted something to share with him like crackers but... u kno.

I didn't want to cook anything with them for sharing purposes, though fisherman's eggs w/ the hot sauce 'dines sounds really good.

But low carb diets are not dadly at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Where do I buy KO cod liver in Texas? TIA

naem
May 29, 2011

Zoe posted:

But low carb diets are not dadly at all

It's the MEAT diet

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Yeah, do keto and eat a pack of bacon and a dozen hard boiled eggs every two days!

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
there are very little carbs in dines and meats you weirdos. Eating things in salads owns. share with your dad.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

oh no I meant that normally I'd just get some crackers and eat them with him but he's not eating carbs so crackers/breads are out of the question as a simple way to eat them that isn't straight from the can :v:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Something simple like nice greens with diced shallot and a mustard vinaigrette with dines would be good. Avocado in there too?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

out of the tin, bones and all

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

doctorfrog posted:

out of the tin, bones and all

Yep

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

time to try out this drat corned beefy thing with eggs and stuff (NO CARBS)

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Polar brand dines in mustard trip report: not the best, still drat fine for 79 cents at Grocery Outlet.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Last time I looked at a Polar sardines tin, it said caught in Thailand, packed in China. My liver's got enough to deal with, thanks.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Fm3rLGtjM
Really want to try this.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm gonna make the pasta but use the tin sardine olive oil for the vinaigrette and eat the dines on top

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

Last time I looked at a Polar sardines tin, it said caught in Thailand, packed in China. My liver's got enough to deal with, thanks.

Good point. And yet Polar kippers are from Germany and the pinnacle of quality. Oh well, not all brands can be KO.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Had some Mediterranean sardines with black olives over a bowl of panzanella. So good. I love you, tiny fishes.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Holy poo poo I can't stop stuffing my face with squid. I ate over a pound of them today. This season is gonna be awesome.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Someone in the part of America that has all the squid please mail me some squid

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Used a tin of Seasons in olive oil last night to put into pasta.

Pros

Tin was densely packed

Mild flavor

Cons

Fish were so densely packed it was hard to get them out of the tin

Hard to open tin without splattering oil all over

Kinda bland - like high end canned tuna

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
I made some quinoa and mixed in some tomatoes and onion and spices and etc and had it with some Titus sardines I bought by mistake. They are fine sardines and they're like $1.29 a can at the Chinese grocery here. I prefer the Hot Titus ones with chili pepper but I got a can of these by mistake and they're still fine. There were like three scales in the can I plucked out so if you're too fancy to deal with that go ahead and don't buy them.

Earlier in the week I had some Trader Joe's Mackerel and it was completely unremarkable and tbh I don't even remember anything about it. Save your money and get their kippers instead.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Regular chunk light tuna doesn't have enough fat to lube the shits.

Sardines on the other hand. Sardines cleanse your butt and your soul.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I keep reading about fish and eggs. Am I doing this right?

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Zoe posted:

Ahhh, lunch!

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Zoe posted:

I stocked up on KO sardines. But now I have to go to the store and buy some reindrop ranch quail eggs.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Catch your own fishy stuff.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I wonder if you can make fish stick with the squid guts.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

If you tried hard enough sure why not?

naem
May 29, 2011

How do you know which parts to eat

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

naem posted:

How do you know which parts to eat

Its all good, baby. Even the beaks

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Meh. I cut off the tentacles right in front of the eye. This separate the beak. Insert the knife into the tube and slice out. Scrape off the guts and remove the plastic like "bone" attached to the wall of the tube.
Eat tube and tentacles.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
I wish there was squid in my fishing creek.

But in better news I went to try the Tapatio KO sardines I bought and the box was full of Mediterranean dine. So Amazon is sending me the correct dines and I get to keep the other dines. My dine reserves just drastically increased for free.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I'm like 2/3 of the way through my case of Tapatio 'dines.

These are the King's finest product yet. Unless he makes a bone-in version of the Spanish sardiners.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
fried sardine is actually my favorite dish

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I thought you were all mad. Hot sauce on 'dines? That's taking things a bit far.

Then I had a hankering for some 'dines just before midnight, realized I already had the hotsauce and some knäckebröd lying around and decided to give it a go.

I am an instant convert. What little fishiness I usually detect when eating this brand is gone and this is just pure flavor. To the point I'm wondering what the people at the old folk's home are going to think when I ask for a sandwich with these ingredients on it. Probably that I've been hit with early dementia.

naem
May 29, 2011

"hot sauce" is one of those things that once you like you just start putting it on everything

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

naem posted:

"hot sauce" is one of those things that once you like you just start putting it on everything

This is my what happened to me after I went to Vietnam and discovered nuoc mam

Fish sauce works in a lot of stuff

naem
May 29, 2011

Keith Atherton posted:

For me it was military issue tabasco sauce

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Keith Atherton posted:

nuoc mam is one of the best things in the world and i am so lucky my first real job was as a waiter in a vietnamese restaurant.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I won a t-shirt or an apron from the KO facebook page.

Trump was right: so much winning.

Also will I look like a douche-dad if I give my local grocer the "Please stock Tapatio dines" note card that came in my taster kit? Because I want more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

MetaJew posted:

I won a t-shirt or an apron from the KO facebook page.

Trump was right: so much winning.

Also will I look like a douche-dad if I give my local grocer the "Please stock Tapatio dines" note card that came in my taster kit? Because I want more.

Only if you rarely shop at the place and you don't deliver it personally like a greeting card or something.