Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my main issue with Stories Untold is if it crashes you have to start the chapter over and chapter 3 was extremely crash-prone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I did not realize there was a KoF animation series on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/642890/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_DESTINY/

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Looking at Asteria reminds of recently looking at the terraria release day reminds me I've been waiting a long time for a followup game I want to play.

StrixNebulosa posted:

... So are writers, in a related issue. I wrote up a whole NaNoWriMo once and the only copy of it was in a .txt file on my laptop. It took me a few tries at the event to both break 50k and learn to back it up by emailing it to myself and sticking it on gdocs.
I wrote like 100k words in a boring month and found out openoffice saves files encrypted and they can get corrupted mid-save when windows is crashing and man that felt good.

Hit my average for nanowrimo that year instead of making any progress.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I don't know why, but Steamlink sucks. I am using it with ethernet connection on both the unit and my desktop and it still hiccups at random. Cost me a boss fight in Cuphead because it just randomly hiccup for five seconds.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

Devs are stupid.

... So are writers, in a related issue. I wrote up a whole NaNoWriMo once and the only copy of it was in a .txt file on my laptop. It took me a few tries at the event to both break 50k and learn to back it up by emailing it to myself and sticking it on gdocs.

I can't recommend Scrivener enough for writers, on top of a ton of really cool nonlinear text editing features it also keeps multiple automatic backups, in the event of a crash it manages to save your work before crashing. I haven't lost a single sentence since I started using it. (I also auto-backup my backups on Dropbox just in case I have a drive failure)

I felt weird paying $40 for a text editor but it's the best investment I ever made in my writing.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Too Shy Guy posted:

:ghost: SPOOKY G4MES: The Ghost Dimension :ghost:

It finally happened, I went to put this on my wishlist and found I already owned it.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I hope you decide to review The Letter at some point. I've been curious about that one for a while.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The White Dragon posted:

iirc the number one rule for whether or not you should pick up agents mayhem is this:

"do you want more saints row y/n"
y: do not buy agents of mayhem
n: maybe buy agents of mayhem

Yeah I know it's specifically Not Saints Row (though frankly neither was 4 :ssh:). The vibe I got from the little bit of gameplay I saw makes it seem like a weird off-shoot of the combat improvements they tried to make in SR3 and the five seconds of SR4 before you could just murder everything instantly with superpowers, mixed together with Diablo. At this rate though I'm worried I'm just going to get totally burned out; my playthrough of 4 is slowing and I still have Gat Out of Hell to tackle afterwards.

And also the part where AoM is still full price.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Spuzzz posted:

It finally happened, I went to put this on my wishlist and found I already owned it.

It's okay. Old age will be the end of us all.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Spuzzz posted:

Back when Gifting was still possible, I bought games and stored then in my inventory until I got the urge to actually play them and almost bought Tomb Raider twice.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

finally

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

betamax hipster posted:

What if I want a successor to Red Faction Guerilla??

You may wish to cryo freeze yourself

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Polka_Rapper posted:

It's really not that good. I'll avoid making a huge effort post but I could probably vomit out paragraphs of complaints with ease. The game has a lot of performance issues. The menu UI is utter garbage. Gameplay has multiple problems. Maps are small and cramped and pretty much follow the same basic layout. The servers are listen/P2P, which comes with the usual lag problems. Mouse sensitivity is a slider without numbers. Your character screams out whenever they spot an enemy so sneaking up on anyone is hard. I'm working on getting an extended magazine for my M1 Garand to go with the red dot sight I have on it.

Visually, it looks great. Admittedly I have everything cranked down to low but before I did that it looked great when the game froze. The sound design is pleasing to my ears *PING*. I heard some people say they used sounds from Advanced Warfare, which I haven't played.

The good news is that I haven't run into anyone being racist towards my black female Nazi Wehrmacht character. Or in general yet, which is really odd for a Call of Duty game. Honestly, pissing people off is 100% of the reason why I picked that character and it isn't working.

In conclusion, the game isn't utter trash. Maybe the beta will get patched. Maybe the full release will fix some of the problems. Either way, I'm not going to buy it and wouldn't recommend it.

Well I tried it for a bit, but ultimately I decided to uninstall it and reinstall R6 Siege because it seemed like waste to spend time on something I'm never going to buy anyway. Or, I might buy it when it's 75% off if the single player is entertaining, but I'm not gonna pay the $100+ it'll take to keep up with MP content.

If anything, after a few hours, I was reassured that my snapshot reflexes are still there. A hundred hours or more of slow PUBG-gameplay can convince you otherwise, and I fear the day I'll get ground into meat by all the Youths Online because my shooting arm is worn out and useless.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

looking forward to taconic's second vietnam

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
All I can think of is host migration.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

(Also please play and review Darkwood)

VolticSurge posted:

I hope you decide to review The Letter at some point. I've been curious about that one for a while.

One problem with the way I review things is that I'm really just working through my backlog, which is large enough that I have a hard time justifying buying new things to review. Hopefully someday I'll have the clout to get ahold of newer releases to review for you guys, but I'm not quite there yet. I did buy a few things specifically to review this time though, but only because I could get them pretty cheap.

I'll definitely get to Darkwood someday, it's been on my wishlist since it first got on Steam and I was as surprised as anyone to hear it turned out amazing. As for The Letter... I'm not really a VN guy but I've been watching a playthrough of it and it's weirdly engrossing. I mean, part of it is that I can put it on in the background while I work and listen to the LPer get angry at anime tropes and ramble about life during boring parts, but it's also really well put together and has some neat moments. And if nothing else, tearing into the writing would get me some use out of my English degree.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Rirse posted:

I don't know why, but Steamlink sucks. I am using it with ethernet connection on both the unit and my desktop and it still hiccups at random. Cost me a boss fight in Cuphead because it just randomly hiccup for five seconds.

Maybe my anecdote will help. I had my steamlink set up to use ethernet through a powerline adaptor. It would occasionally hiccup, which made games irritating to play as you've noticed. I switched it to connecting wirelessly and it works perfectly now.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

:woop:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

VolticSurge posted:

It's brilliant, most reactive visual novel I've seen plus decent voice acting.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Weird subtitle.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

VolticSurge posted:

It's not very spooky, it explicitly bills itself as a "horror visual novel" probably because it can't really figure out what it wants to be. :v:
It has nice character dynamics though, and good marriage drama. Very nice backgrounds. On occasion, while going through its interpersonal drama, the game goes "wait, maybe we should try that ghost thing again" and throws you a horror sting and a QTE and some cheesy gore.

Well, mostly cheesy gore. Some of the violent scenes are actually kind of effective and real harsh. Most are not, though.

The free demo is the entire first of 7 routes, i think. Check it out. Though imo, the game only really starts to shine from route 2 onwards.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

it's extremely cool and good that actual real-life sexual predators are allowed to find success on steam

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

The Kins posted:

The worst thing about the Fortnite/PUBG slapfight is that the Fortnite mode was developed by the Unreal Tournament team. Yeah, the same Unreal Tournament that's sat unfinished and largely untextured since 2014.

They have an Unreal Tournament team? I thought the whole point of the new Unreal Tournament was that Epic was saving literally all the money by letting the community do all the work, from modelling, texturing up to game design (cause that's totally not gonna be a trainwreck).

Orv
May 4, 2011

DatonKallandor posted:

They have an Unreal Tournament team? I thought the whole point of the new Unreal Tournament was that Epic was saving literally all the money by letting the community do all the work, from modelling, texturing up to game design (cause that's totally not gonna be a trainwreck).

One assumes that was the plan, then no-one played the game that was there so no-one made content so fart.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/914837276374441984

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

oh my god yes.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/914840944003944453

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Worth.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

DatonKallandor posted:

A skeleton crew of like three people is still technically a team, right?

Orv posted:

One assumes that was the plan, then no-one played the game that was there so no-one made content so fart.
The last update was in June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnRp-cmOB-0

I suppose there's actual textures now, but it still looks fairly anaemic even in Quake's diminished shadow.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ShadowMar posted:

it's extremely cool and good that actual real-life sexual predators are allowed to find success on steam

It is, if someone like that can find success then surely people better then that can also find success on steam!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Nioh is basically the PC Bloodborne now. Fantastic base game, and the DLC expanded it a ton.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

It's 40gb on the PS4, so god knows what they've done to it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

poptart_fairy posted:

Nioh is basically the PC Bloodborne now. Fantastic base game, and the DLC expanded it a ton.

I like how each dlc added yet another more difficult NG+ option

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Fil5000 posted:

It's 40gb on the PS4, so god knows what they've done to it.

Probably uncompressed 4096x4096 textures or w/e.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Kins posted:

A skeleton crew of like three people is still technically a team, right?

The last update was in June.

I suppose there's actual textures now, but it still looks fairly anaemic even in Quake's diminished shadow.

I mean that doesn't really change what I'm saying, the game never found its footing and even if it's still being updated and might one day be finished it'll probably be even more DOA than Lawbreakers.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Turd Herder posted:

Itching to play a terraria like rpg . Was thinking of picking up Crea
http://store.steampowered.com/app/280520/Crea/

I already have starbound but im open for any other suggestions .

Just play Terraria, but with mods. There are some really drat good mods out there now that breathe some serious life into it. Terraria is still the best 10 dollars I've ever spent.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
How's Tecmo's track record with PC ports?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Senjuro posted:

How's Tecmo's track record with PC ports?

*Mouth noise of a car crash*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pretty lovely actually. Ups and downs but with more downs.