Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuazl
Mar 19, 2009

ZombieJesus posted:

I feel bad about posting this one, since I screencapped it off a facebook friend who's a novice tattoo artist. He does some pretty good tats, cute little sketches of plants and animals etc. But this one is just hosed. Is the moon waxing? Is it waining? is it randomly jumping between the two? Who knows!

It looks off because the second and second-to-last are shaded incorrectly. They should be crescents and instead they're gibbous - your friend hatched the wrong side. I suppose the simplest mistakes are often the easiest to overlook, but you'd think someone would double check. Assuming the customer didn't insist on doing it incorrectly, that is. That seems to happen a lot.

Getting tattoos of something perfectly circular seems like a bad plan, though. "Hey, mate, can you freehand nine perfect circles on me? Yeah, all different sizes but still perfectly symmetrical. Yeah, and four of them need to have perfect crescents, too. The shading? Oh, do whatever. Thanks in advance!"

Edit: New page? Uh, here. Have some bad tattoos I definitely didn't just scrounge off of imgur.

From "The Destruction of Sennacherib", by Byron. Interesting choice.

I don't know who that is, but if he's famous then he's done well in life for a guy with a nipple for an eye.

:norway:

Cuazl has a new favorite as of 15:34 on Oct 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Cuazl posted:

I don't know who that is, but if he's famous then he's done well in life for a guy with a nipple for an eye.

Thom Yorke. Actually a pretty decent tattoo - if you know who it is obviously.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's probably not a tattoo. It looks like it was drawn on, which would make sense because it's Pam's tattoo from Archer.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

there wolf posted:

Mirroring the waxing/waning like that is pretty standard in goddess symbol stuff. But something so simple really needs to be more precise.

...and accurate, you'd think. No crescent moon, the best moon :(

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
In case anyone is still confused, it should look like this

Cuazl
Mar 19, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

That's probably not a tattoo. It looks like it was drawn on, which would make sense because it's Pam's tattoo from Archer.

On closer inspection, I think you're right. Which is nice, actually. Usually I end up hoping it's pen when it isn't.

Some more from the bottom of the barrel, then:

Why. :nws:
https://i.imgur.com/gl3yMjd.png

Why? :nws:
https://i.imgur.com/HqNQ1wq.jpg

This is either brilliant or atrocious. Very :nws:, for sure. I didn't even know cockstriches had hooves.
https://i.imgur.com/P3epSN6.jpg

A reasonable philosophy.

I flip the KFC. I flip the taco bell. I flip the combination KFC and taco bell.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Cuazl posted:

Shittin the night away, shittin the night away

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Cuazl posted:

Interesting idea, getting your work history tatted on your knuckles.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Chin Strap posted:

He got the phases wrong if that is what you mean. Not even talking about line work.

Hah, that's what I get for looking at thumbnails on my phone. Missed the gibbous moons before the new.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the cock ostrich is from revolutionary propaganda about Marie Antoinette I believe, and is a pretty faithful representation

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

ZombieJesus posted:

I feel bad about posting this one, since I screencapped it off a facebook friend who's a novice tattoo artist. He does some pretty good tats, cute little sketches of plants and animals etc. But this one is just hosed. Is the moon waxing? Is it waining? is it randomly jumping between the two? Who knows!

There's a model with the same tattoo but it looks way better than that.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Does it have the phases in the right order though?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

whypick1 posted:

Does it have the phases in the right order though?

Hers goes from full to new moon

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

ZombieJesus posted:

Are we sure this isn't the eclipse?

Also, that 'Racist' guy is scary as gently caress.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Uh, no poo poo. Didn't need the tattoo for that one.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

ZombieJesus posted:

The crescent phases were replaced with the gibbous from the opposing sides.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Cuazl posted:

From "The Destruction of Sennacherib", by Byron. Interesting choice.

That's actually a joke from Archer. Pam Poovey from HR has that tattooed on her back.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

OutOfPrint posted:

That's actually a joke from Archer. Pam Poovey from HR has that tattooed on her back.

That doesn't make it better. It might make it worse.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

Are you sure it's an actual tattoo, and not just drawn on? Might just be a cosplayer.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's drawn on, because nobody's insane enough to have a fake prison tattoo with a giant prominent 13

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sentient Data posted:

because nobody's insane enough to have a fake prison tattoo with a giant prominent 13

You must be new to this topic...

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, because Pam's tattoo is actually cool (partly because it's pretty neatly written and not just scrawled on her back like a Left 4 Dead wall message).

e: on a related note to badass tattoos from TV shows, I wonder if anyone's gotten a real-life version of Kai Proctor's big-rear end Jesus back piece from Banshee. It looks motherfucking awesome on Ulrich Thomsen, but I'm not sure if it would work on other people. :v:

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
Cover up done by my local

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

DumbparameciuM posted:

Every time one of my friends says "I want one of those gorgeous watercolor tattoos" I point to things like this. People are really down on black linework for some reason but it holds up 10x better.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

DumbparameciuM posted:

Nice necrotic penis in an electric condom

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Goddamn I saw the photo and was going to say something almost identical to this

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
"Electric Condom" was the break-out album from Necrotic Penis, right?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

His face is hidden at least :shrug:

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

also, stupid tattoo

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Do Android Penises Dream of Electric Condoms?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Heath posted:

Every time one of my friends says "I want one of those gorgeous watercolor tattoos" I point to things like this. People are really down on black linework for some reason but it holds up 10x better.

Oh poo poo that's what that is? I thought those were supposed to be like plasma bursts or something.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh poo poo that's what that is? I thought those were supposed to be like plasma bursts or something.

It's a feather with electricity or spirit juice or something. It probably looked pretty good for a week or two.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I should probably point out that I'm not the owner of the necrotic penis.

Heath posted:

It's a feather with electricity or spirit juice or something. It probably looked pretty good for a week or two.

My dude you are being entirely too generous

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

DumbparameciuM posted:

I should probably point out that I'm not the owner of the necrotic penis.

Not since it fell off, you aren't

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
It came from the Ink Master fan page on Facebook:

NSFW!!!

https://imgur.com/a/fTx2o

ricketyvickyt has a new favorite as of 21:25 on Oct 5, 2017

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
I really hate watercolour tattoos!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

DumbparameciuM posted:

It's a very pretty cover-up, though!