Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/915617776890298368

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
man we were way off on that poll

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

For real, who is even left in TNA/GFW/Impact/whatever that could bring in views?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Go RV! posted:

For real, who is even left in TNA/GFW/Impact/whatever that could bring in views?

Lashley and

Wait, no, let's not even loving pretend at this point. Their roster page is somehow even more hilarious than it was last time, it's over-inflated to hell and back and I'm pretty sure they are just putting anyone that's worked a taping in the last six months on there.

http://impactwrestling.com/roster/

Also they're still trying to make James Storm look like a dollar store Triple H

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 4, 2017

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

nice WWE logos, guys

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grem posted:

I can't help it, I have to spoil it.

Does the script say "Sloppy Freddy"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

RZApublican posted:

Wait, no, let's not even loving pretend at this point. Their roster page is somehow even more hilarious than it was last time, it's over-inflated to hell and back and I'm pretty sure they are just putting anyone that's worked a taping in the last six months on there.

lmao at the only person who doesn't have a BFG image

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

So is that TNA's last remaining roster?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What the gently caress is Luster the Legend

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RZApublican posted:

Lashley and

I'm not totally up to date on Impact because I have more important things to do, like filling my hands with poo poo and applauding, but I think Sonjay Dutt lost the X- Division forever ago.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

abraham linksys posted:

bingo

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

What the gently caress is Luster the Legend

He works my local NorCal indie as a singles competitor and as part of Reno Scum. Coincidentally he's lovely, just like Reno

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
wait wait they have a Wrestler named Mayweather? Are they trying to trick people into thinking Floyd Mayweather works for them?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sotar posted:

wait wait they have a Wrestler named Mayweather? Are they trying to trick people into thinking Floyd Mayweather works for them?

Its Crimson

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

He works my local NorCal indie as a singles competitor and as part of Reno Scum. Coincidentally he's lovely, just like Reno

E: nevermind

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Sotar posted:

You're really asking?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

flashy_mcflash posted:

No but I think this is better

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RZApublican posted:

Lashley and

Funny you mention Lashley and James Storm still being in TNA

https://soundcloud.com/wrestlezoneradio/gfw-media-call-feat-the-cowboy-james-storm

Doesn't sound like it'll be for much longer. That's the Storm thing, and it obviously sounds like he wants to be back in NXT. Meanwhile in an interview with Sam Roberts, Lashley said he'd like a match with Brock in WWE at some point if Brock sticks around or is available if/when Lashley comes back

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

flashy_mcflash posted:

Semper Fidelis

btw this kid cried on the range when I made fun of him for liking wrestling as a grown rear end man. Guess he showed me!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

grack posted:

No but I think this is better

It's a money gimmick

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

Funny you mention Lashley and James Storm still being in TNA

https://soundcloud.com/wrestlezoneradio/gfw-media-call-feat-the-cowboy-james-storm

Doesn't sound like it'll be for much longer. That's the Storm thing, and it obviously sounds like he wants to be back in NXT. Meanwhile in an interview with Sam Roberts, Lashley said he'd like a match with Brock in WWE at some point if Brock sticks around or is available if/when Lashley comes back

I wonder if WWE will even give Storm another chance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I still can't believe Storm got into NXT, was well-received by the crowd and then promptly returned to TNA. I mean I'm pretty sure I remember that Dixie Carter offered him a good money deal but surely he must have known it was a short term prospect at best?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I still can't believe Storm got into NXT, was well-received by the crowd and then promptly returned to TNA. I mean I'm pretty sure I remember that Dixie Carter offered him a good money deal but surely he must have known it was a short term prospect at best?

I'm pretty sure the deal was something crazy like $250k per year. I imagine that's not far from how much he'd have made if he ended up on the main roster, if not more (and more than 2 and a half times what he'd have made in NXT), and he had to work a lot less.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Apparently it was 200-250K guaranteed by Panda, not TNA, so he was getting paid no matter what happened to the company. I think his wife wanted to have a kid, so he went with the easy schedule and guaranteed pay instead of 100+ days a year for NXT.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
James Storm turning one jobber squash on NXT TV into $250k for a less-than-part-time schedule is spectacular.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I thought Shelton Benjamin was back in wwe

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I thought Shelton Benjamin was back in wwe

He is.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

skaboomizzy posted:

James Storm turning one jobber squash on NXT TV into $250k for a less-than-part-time schedule is spectacular.

I see all those years he worked with Kevin Nash rubbed off on him.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
It makes perfect sense, TNA is just an alternate timeline where the WWE imploded and wrestlers had to do whatever they could to get by.

Hell, their timeline is so crazy probably all sorts of weird stuff like Trump getting elected president happen there.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grem posted:

btw this kid cried on the range when I made fun of him for liking wrestling as a grown rear end man. Guess he showed me!
Prime TNA material right there

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Wait is this still that left over footage from the GFW show I thought they went through that already

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wait is this still that left over footage from the GFW show I thought they went through that already

It is. They haven't. That's why it's funny.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They did like 6 weeks of tapings they were never able to sell to a network to air. They might be half done

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They shot, like, an entire season of TV. It'll be a while before they're out.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Wait

Wait

TNA is building to their Wrestlemania with a series of matches and angles that are 3 years old featuring guys who are no longer in the company

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wait

Wait

TNA is building to their Wrestlemania with a series of matches and angles that are 3 years old featuring guys who are no longer in the company

No they're doing it to satisfy PPV agreements with what amounts to ONO shows

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wait

Wait

No this is a completely independent thing from their storylines trying to trick idiots into giving them money, like their One Night Onlies but much sadder.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Wow for a second there I was gonna say TNA had gone too stupid

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wow for a second there I was gonna say TNA had gone too stupid

They're bringing back Del Rio at their Wrestlemania, so there's definitely still potential for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wait

Wait

you say this as if you're surprised