Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Alakaiser posted:

I am having total analysis paralysis with my 100% trust moogle. I have very few TMRs (basically all nier stuff, including two pod 153s) and a group of things at ~25% (dual wield, ribbon, rikku's pouch). The core of my team is typically A2, 9S, and Veritas of the Flame. The other units I end up using include Veritas of the Earth, WIlhem, Victoria, Reberta, Agrias, Rikku, and I've been screwing around with Amelia x2 because getting 90+ hit chains is pretty amusing. I've also got a Refia that I more or less never use because I'm almost always going for one-turn kills anyway. Also have a Ramza that's there just in case the enhancements we're clearly not getting ever manifest.

Are there any must-haves that I should focus on? Pretend I have every base 3 and 4 star unit (I don't, but it's easier)

Mostly depends on what gear gaps you have. Excalibur, Fixed Dice, katana mastery, proud fencer, SSP-E are all high impact damage TMs. Rasler and Ilias have very good tank TMs. Refia has one of the better spr TMs as well.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Trust_Master_Reward these are the TMRs in a ranked list if you want to do some research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Wow they rank Aqua Blade really high...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

Wow they rank Aqua Blade really high...

Anything with DW is pretty much an automatic top of the list, since it's a sword that means it turns on L&A.

Tomorrow when we get Sylvia's TM it will be even better.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

So tomorrow would be a good day to drop a 10+1 pull for hopes of Ayaka or Sylvia?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

hagie posted:

So tomorrow would be a good day to drop a 10+1 pull for hopes of Ayaka or Sylvia?

I know I'm doin it

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I've been saving my 10+ 1 tickets for it.

even just getting a couple more Kamui's would be fine.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I'd be happy getting pretty much any of those units. Even Yuri's TMR would be a nice budget ATK or MAG thing I could knock out in an evening farm with ~500 lapis if I pulled five of her.

Edit: Ok, maybe closer to 1000 lapis, but still

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 5, 2017

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Is DW still the go to TM to expend a 100% on? Only alternatives I can think of are Rikku's Pouch or Pod 153, though I could also get a Letters or a Fixed Dice.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Is DW still the go to TM to expend a 100% on? Only alternatives I can think of are Rikku's Pouch or Pod 153, though I could also get a Letters or a Fixed Dice.

If your main damage dealer doesn't have innate dual wield then it's the priority.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

hagie posted:

11s are horrible right now. They're basically a waste of lapis. You have better chances of getting an on-banner unit via dailies than you do an 11 pull. So if you really just want a sylvia, save yourself 3250 lapis and just do dailies.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Daily pulls have always been more efficient than 11 pulls but you have a limited number of daily pulls on banner. Once they run out you are better off doing 11 pulls than single pulls.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Technically, yes, but 11 pulls are still horrible ways to spend lapis. Even if you're pretty desperate for an on-banner unit. The only time it's really justifiable with the way 11s currently work is if you're on a limited banner. This one is not limited.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

[quote="“Ugato”" post="“477079236”"]
11s are horrible right now. They’re basically a waste of lapis. You have better chances of getting an on-banner unit via dailies than you do an 11 pull. So if you really just want a sylvia, save yourself 3250 lapis and just do dailies.
[/quote]

I rarely get banner units on 1/2 pulls.

I have had some strong luck on recent 11 pulls, except for maybe 1 or 2.

I've got 13 tickets, and 11k in lapis (and climbing). One 11 pull wouldn't hurt, but I am not dead set on it either.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
107 tickets (and two 10+1 tickets) ready for tomorrow.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
90-92 tickets, a 2 4* tickets, a 4* EX ticket (yea, this'll do anything), & 2 10+1 tickets for tomorrow.

Come on first half-price rainbow, I know you can do it.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I could use most of the TMs on the Ayaka banner so I'm gonna throw all my resources at it. I expect crushing disappointment though.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Isn't genji glove better than dw?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Currently sitting at 4,600 lapis for tomorrow...gotta get 400 more lapis for the 11 and 250 for the half daily...

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Genji gloves is better but also a heck of a lot rarer. I have 7 Zidane and zero Gilgamesh.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Genji gloves is better but also a heck of a lot rarer. I have 7 Zidane and zero Gilgamesh.

Ok I figured that was the issue...

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Candlelight Virgil posted:

There's probably some edge cases where being able to dual wield via a materia is better than getting it from an accessory but generally yeah, Genji Glove is better than Dual Wield. I'd guess a scenario where a Champion's Belt & Dual Wield is better than Genji Glove & ??? Materia?

e: slow'postin'

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

hagie posted:

I rarely get banner units on 1/2 pulls.

I have had some strong luck on recent 11 pulls, except for maybe 1 or 2.

I've got 13 tickets, and 11k in lapis (and climbing). One 11 pull wouldn't hurt, but I am not dead set on it either.

Random pulls are random. Strictly speaking tickets are your best bet. Not only is an 11 nearly half the lapis/unit value but also the odds of getting an on banner unit are lower. The actual "banner rate up" is a lower percentage. They did some statistical analysis on Reddit around the time of the nier banner and yeah. It's pretty much garbage. We should be getting the first iteration of step-up 11s in January, which adds a significant amount of stuff to doing 11 pulls. That alone should tell you how bad 11s are. They straight up massively buffed 11 pulls - theoretically a huge source of income for them - without changing any of the surrounding costs. The company that does its best to make us miserable at every point. The company that gave us 5x rate ups on the worst possible units for months.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 5, 2017

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

So, since I already know there's no way Ayaka is going to drop for me, am I better off using Refia or Luka? Recently picked up both and I'm not sure who's the stronger between them.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Alakaiser posted:

I am having total analysis paralysis with my 100% trust moogle.

I just got mine, and I really don't know exactly what direction I want to go.

Ring of Lucii
Twenty Sided Die
Monster Breast Plate
Quick Assault #2
Draco Spike #2
Excaliber #2

Or hold it in the event of Sylvia...

I can come up with about 15 more, but gently caress I just have NO idea what I want to use it on.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hagie posted:

I just got mine, and I really don't know exactly what direction I want to go.

Ring of Lucii
Twenty Sided Die
Monster Breast Plate
Quick Assault #2
Draco Spike #2
Excaliber #2

Or hold it in the event of Sylvia...

I can come up with about 15 more, but gently caress I just have NO idea what I want to use it on.

Ring of Lucii. Nothing else on that list comes close unless you desperately need another excalibur for chaining. If the ring gets buffed to the JP stats when Noctis gets buffed it's going to give 30% atk/mag in addition to its current unlocks too.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Are you just getting a 100% moogle from combining smaller moogles?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ring of Lucii. Nothing else on that list comes close unless you desperately need another excalibur for chaining. If the ring gets buffed to the JP stats when Noctis gets buffed it's going to give 30% atk/mag in addition to its current unlocks too.

I did JUST get an Orlandu...

Khisanth Magus posted:

Are you just getting a 100% moogle from combining smaller moogles?

You get it for completing the story.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Adept Nightingale posted:

So, since I already know there's no way Ayaka is going to drop for me, am I better off using Refia or Luka? Recently picked up both and I'm not sure who's the stronger between them.

It depends if you have a source of dual cast for Refia or the cash and crysts to enhance Luka.

Dual Cast Refia can full heal revive and heal the rest of the party on the same turn which Luka can't do. Plus Refia has an ATK (and DEF) buff with Embolden and some nice baked in status immunities. Embolden can be enhanced to also give a light regen as well, but at 400 SPR & 200 MAG it's like 580 HP per turn. She needs an enhancement to get +5% MP per turn.

Luka's main healing ability when enhanced is on par with a dual cast Curaja with the bonus of healing all status effects except Stop and Charm. She also has a decent regen ability that lasts 20 turns and heals ~1580 HP per turn at 400 SPR & 200 MAG. She can also buff SPR (and DEF) with Deep Blue and buff Water resistance with Water Barrier. She can't revive and heal on the same turn though and her revive is just normal Raise which isn't exactly great. She does start with +5% MP though which can be enhanced to +10% MP with a decent innate regen (~1440 @ 400SPR & 200MAG) and some extra HP%.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

hagie posted:

I did JUST get an Orlandu...

You get it for completing the story.

You already have one Excalibur. Unless you have a second Orlandu you don't need another.

When Steiner comes out his TM is literally Excalibur 2.0 as well.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I do have a stable of Agrias.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Save the 100% moogle for Steiner :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Skyridge posted:

So, did the maintenance eat anyone else' expeditions?

if this happened to me again i am going to be pissed since i had two 1 day trust moogle expeditions out

Scrublord Prime posted:

There's probably some edge cases where being able to dual wield via a materia is better than getting it from an accessory but generally yeah, Genji Glove is better than Dual Wield. I'd guess a scenario where a Champion's Belt & Dual Wield is better than Genji Glove & ??? Materia?

e: slow'postin'

i mathed it out and genji glove is always worse on Aileen than dual wield because of champions belt

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
What are good tmrs to farm for onion knight, Wilhelm, and VoF?

Edit: also, can I use 100% dodge Noctis to cheese any other content?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

beergod posted:

Most phys dps dresses alike.

Wilhelm, the odd one out, benefits from Elle, Seria, Rassler, and other defensive TMs.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

beergod posted:

100% evade Noctis is a great tank for Sheratan if that counts for something. 100% evade tanks are all the rage in JP right now.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Onion Knight wants his TMR sword for Onion Cutter. There isn't any direct Sword Mastery (+50% ATK when equipped with a certain weapon type but you can only equip one of each mastery materia) but there is Dark Knight Soul which is +50% ATK when equipped with a sword and heavy armor. The heavy armor would be Demon Mail, there's currently no +ATK heavy armor TM so that's it. The head is the classic Black Cowl.

After that I'm not certain what's the best gearing route since it relies on what the second weapon OK uses and what element it uses. You generally want an element on one of your weapons to take advantage of element resistance imperils and to element chain with others which gives a bigger chain damage bonus than just regular chains.

OK can equip fists which opens up two Champion's Belts which is really good when equipped with a fist. There's also Martial Arts Mastery, but that's from one of the hardest trial bosses in the game. Kaiser Knuckles are the strongest fist weapon with an element (Wind) or the Aigion Arm for a non-element fist but it's also a trial reward (same as Martial Arts Mastery).

There's the classic greatsword approach with Excalibur. The Great Sword Mastery is another trial reward though but Proud Fencer is a regular TMR from Werei and trades 10% ATK for 20% HP. Light is a real common element too, Agrias or Orlandu can imperil it and there's a ton of Orlandus out there. Since you can't take full advantage of Champion's Belt though there's Desch's Earring for accessories or Bracers that are weaker but give +15% HP instead.

Light element is becoming more commonly resisted though, but that's for later endgame content at least.

A third weapon type is katanas like the Genji Blade. The upcoming Ayaka banner tomorrow has a guy whose TMR is a +120 ATK fire element katana. Katana Mastery isn't a trial reward though so it isn't hard to get and the Genji Blade is a good fill in anyways. Lots of strong characters can use katanas too so it's a decently safe investment.

Besides those there's some generic ATK+30% materias you can grind. The most common one is probably Quick Assault, ATK+30% and physical dodge +10%. There's Veritas of the Earth's TM that's ATK+40% with heavy armor too, or your Veritas of the Fire's TM too.

I'm missing a few but hopefully that's enough to get started with analysis paralysis :v:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

How many Ignorance should you run for the op Rikku LB build, 3x or 4x?

I'm thinking 3x with Prodigy Goggles and Override should be enough to get her there. That's generating 8+100% so 16 yeah? Theoretically that's enough to have her LB up every turn, or am I missing something?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PaybackJack posted:

Anything with DW is pretty much an automatic top of the list, since it's a sword that means it turns on L&A.

Tomorrow when we get Sylvia's TM it will be even better.

It's really weird to me that so few people are hyped for Lorraine then. Everyone keeps talking about going all in for Ayaka when we're getting a better gilgamesh TM shortly after.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i cant speak for everyone else but hyped for a TM on a 5* sounds awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

beergod posted:

The Onion Sword would be my go-to choice for a 100% trust moogle, even if you don't plan to use Onion Knight. It's the best non-elemental sword by a wide margin and it's ideal for triggering Dark Knight Soul on most dual-wield chainers. Swords can also be used on most melee chainers in the game as well.

Wilhem's shield is pretty much BIS in most cases for tanks, and also for support/healer units using "Equip H Shield". However, you won't really need a perfect dedicated tank until you hit the bigger trials.

VoF's TMR is very specifically for water-based physical setups, since the only good axe is the water-elemental Viking Axe. You could make a case for it if you manage to enhance two Agrias and then manage to get a Viking Axe for one of them, since with Onion Knight you can inflict a 70% Water Imperil at will which would make dual water-element "Divine Ruination+2" deal stupid amounts of damage. However, this is a pretty niche case and enhancing TWO Agrias will take you months of event power crysts.

Nuebot posted:

It's really weird to me that so few people are hyped for Lorraine then. Everyone keeps talking about going all in for Ayaka when we're getting a better gilgamesh TM shortly after.

Ayaka is going to be the best healer for a while. She's better than Tilith, who's the current best healer by miles, and who cannot be pulled anymore. The next best healer is what, Refia? Ayaka is basically ten times better than Refia.

Edit: Also Ayaka's TMR. 1800 heal per turn (1x), 10% MP heal per turn, 2 LB generation per turn. That's a ridiculously good TMR for tanks/support units, and particularly LB-dependant units

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 6, 2017

• Locked thread