Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

ricketyvickyt posted:

I really hate watercolour tattoos!

If she only started 3 months ago, per that post, she needs to stop doing lovely ideas because her lines are actually decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Bold will hold. There is a reason that is a saying and not just because it rhymes.
I think these little delicate dot ones and the non-outline 'watercolor' are pretty, but I'm gonna wait for 15 more years to see how they look.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

If she only started 3 months ago, per that post, she needs to stop doing lovely ideas because her lines are actually decent.

The guy she is working under suggested her to finish my Nightmare Before Christmas sleeve, which is why I was on her profile, she has done a NBC piece where Jack Skellington looks like he has Psoriasis. Not really the look I was going for on my arm!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Making a skeleton look like it has a skin condition is pretty loving impressive.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Making a skeleton look like it has a skin condition is pretty loving impressive.

I know!

In my opinion, she should stick to this kind of style and work on mastering it instead of lovely watercolour!

ricketyvickyt has a new favorite as of 08:22 on Oct 6, 2017

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
I'm waiting for confirmation on who's face this is supposed to be?!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My money's on The Colonel.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

ricketyvickyt posted:

Bear Bryant.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Hahaha that's what I thought at first. The guys name is Apollo so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's why he got the A

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

ricketyvickyt posted:

Hahaha that's what I thought at first. The guys name is Apollo so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's why he got the A

I dunno if I'm missing a joke here or if you actually don't know, but that's the University of Alabama logo and the bust is of Bear Bryant, who was Alabama's football coach for about 800 years.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ricketyvickyt posted:

I originally recognized it as Karl Malden, but I may mistaken.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Anime Reference posted:

I dunno if I'm missing a joke here or if you actually don't know, but that's the University of Alabama logo and the bust is of Bear Bryant, who was Alabama's football coach for about 800 years.

I immediately recognized it as this, but only because of the hat really. That face looks way more like Joe Pesci.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It could also be a bad rash.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Anime Reference posted:

No I honestly didn't know. I'm from the UK and don't watch American College football. Sorry. The guy did just say it was Bear Bryant.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I couldn't pick Bear Bryant out of a lineup, but even without the Alabama logo, the hat is a pretty big giveaway.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

ricketyvickyt posted:

finish my Nightmare Before Christmas sleeve

Uh

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
why is it always bad artists that feel the need to watermark their poo poo

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

nerve posted:

because their work keeps getting shared so much!

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Endless Mike posted:

I couldn't pick Bear Bryant out of a lineup, but even without the Alabama logo, the hat is a pretty big giveaway.

Honestly I only guessed it based on the logo and the fact that he's the only Bama person anybody cares about, although once I figured it out it got a lot easier to see.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Endless Mike posted:

I don't know, it doesn't quite match up...

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Subjunctive posted:

that was my guess too :hf:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

[quote="“nerve”" post="“477129137”"]
[/quote]

Mandatory warning label.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Stolen unapologetically from facebook.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm not being sarcastic here: what the gently caress is that supposed to read?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Boards of Canada...? I think?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That's what my mind went to as well, but even with doubling up letters, where's the "f"?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

whypick1 posted:

That's what my mind went to as well, but even with doubling up letters, where's the "f"?

Inside the A, upside-down? I think.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

AN
O/| D
BRS

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

What's with the uh?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Uh you should not get a nightmare before Christmas sleeve.

But if you do be sure to post it here!

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

Uh you should not get a nightmare before Christmas sleeve.

But if you do be sure to post it here!

It's already started. But I guess I should probably regret it now that some one on the internet told me not to do it??

I have Harry Potter related tattoos on my feet also...I guess you could say I like film related tattoos.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ricketyvickyt posted:

It's already started. But I guess I should probably regret it now that some one on the internet told me not to do it??

I have Harry Potter related tattoos on my feet also...I guess you could say I like film related tattoos.

Instead of finishing the sleeve you should mix what you already have with a grim reaper driving a rail engine which is pulling an open coal car full of chilli and the caption ROOTIN' TOOTIN'

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Instead of finishing the sleeve you should mix what you already have with a grim reaper driving a rail engine which is pulling an open coal car full of chilli and the caption ROOTIN' TOOTIN'

When I say it's started, I mean all the line work is in, it needs shading and colouring.

However, after seeing examples in the good tattoo thread, I'm all for a grim reaper pun tattoo on another body part haha

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ricketyvickyt posted:

When I say it's started, I mean all the line work is in, it needs shading and colouring.

However, after seeing examples in the good tattoo thread, I'm all for a grim reaper pun tattoo on another body part haha

:colbert:

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Haha I didn't shoot your idea down al together. There is just no place for it on my left arm...sorry!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

ricketyvickyt posted:

Hey man I get it, I have the dude tattooed on me. But drat, a nightmare before Christmas sleeve?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

ricketyvickyt posted:

Post your tattoos

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

nerve posted:

Post your tattoos

:agreed:

I never got the Harry Potter craze, but hey if you love it gently caress the haters. I have the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tattooed on my body so :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

nerve posted:

Post your tattoos

This is after the first session on the sleeve...I haven't got any decent progress pics. The reason it's a sleeve is because I didn't want it to just be Jack Skellington and the artist wanted to do a big piece so I just told her which characters I wanted and then let her put it together. Then she moved to Berlin and has now disappeared so I can't find it when she is doing guest spots back in the UK so have the fun job of finding a new artist to take over a design that was mainly in her head...very annoying!

Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley:

Confectionary sleeve (in progress which is why you can see the card suits that are being covered up)