Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

None they will lose their asses again.

nice dad jeans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MassRafTer posted:

When they licensed the TNA name to Hermie Sadler to do house shows they did OK but those were limited and had diminishing returns.

It's possible they made money on house shows in 2009 when they had a good buzz but I kind of doubt it given payroll.

I went to a house show in Toronto around that time, it was mostly empty.

Got to see Kurt Angle and AJ styles tho, that was cool

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

skaboomizzy posted:

Speaking of weekly PPV era TNA, Pluto TV (that weird free streaming service) is showing some of those along with old PPVs on their channel that's nothing but TNA 24/7. I just watched most of #55 from 2003. Those poor girls dancing in the cages look so sad.

Pluto also has a channel of "slow TV" that is just un-narrated video of an eight-hour train ride through Denmark and stuff like that. I should ask them what gets more views.

I'm way more interested in the Danish train channel than TNA I can tell you that

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I'm way more interested in the Danish train channel than TNA I can tell you that

There is also an MST3K one too!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol TNA will never make a profit but it's very fun watching them lose so much money trying to

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Slow channel not-TNA channel watcher here.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

First time TNA does a town, they generally do pretty decent. Then they run the town again, even if its years later and the houses suck. Once is all a fan needs to see TNA is the only takeaway I have from that.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

dsriggs posted:

The first couple of UK house show tours made money. Then they kept on running it again & again until they didn't.

that was funny because they kept pretending that jeff hardy had somehow been injured right before the tour and that there was NO WAY they could have known he wouldn't appear at any UK shows

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

that was funny because they kept pretending that jeff hardy had somehow been injured right before the tour and that there was NO WAY they could have known he wouldn't appear at any UK shows

Didn't they sell some of those later tours as having Hardy there and then just kept doing horrible injury angles instead?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

corn in the bible posted:

The annual "Jeff Hardy gets randomly attacked and misses the UK tour" storyline was my favorite TNA tradition

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The scariest was that time it looked like he legit did nearly die because they asked him to do a bump off a cage backfirst onto steps

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

When they licensed the TNA name to Hermie Sadler to do house shows they did OK but those were limited and had diminishing returns.

Haha I just remembered after all their pushing of Hermie Sadler as THEIR celebrity guy, he appeared in the crowd at a WWE show having a great ol' time :)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Chris James 2 posted:

The scariest was that time it looked like he legit did nearly die because they asked him to do a bump off a cage backfirst onto steps

never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIRPg8fsABc

he did another stupid high bump at the previous night's tapings, which was my first ever wrestling show, but i can't find it anywhere

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Chris James 2 posted:

I have no idea how he didn't gently caress up his back irreparably there. It was at least a six foot back bump onto the steps.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Testekill posted:

I have no idea how he didn't gently caress up his back irreparably there. It was at least a six foot back bump onto the steps.

They're not steel steps like WWE, but wooden with a thin sheet metal cover. Plus the steps are hollow. It's still an incredibly stupid bump, but it's not as bad as you think. Plus...

Chris James 2 posted:

Pretty sure you don't need to ask Jeff to take a stupid bump, you just say "we need to do an injury angle" and Jeff goes "sAy n0 m0r3" and legit injures himself.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The best Jeff Hardy TNA bump is when he debuted as Willow and dove off the cage and all four guys failed to catch him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

The best Jeff Hardy TNA bump is when he debuted as Willow and dove off the cage and all four guys failed to catch him.

OFF THE TOP OF THE CAAAAAAAGE

*splat*

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Willow the Whiff

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Jeff Hardy doing bumps of coke.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Easily my favourite. The little yelp he does before he jumps is the best.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that willow debut dive was amazing because it wasn't even as if he overshot the 4 guys or anything. He managed to go dead center of the whole group and literally nobody even attempted to catch him

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

DJExile posted:

that willow debut dive was amazing because it wasn't even as if he overshot the 4 guys or anything. He managed to go dead center of the whole group and literally nobody even attempted to catch him

It was the best moment of the entire Willow run.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Fine I'll post it

https://youtu.be/BhhMnh7KrEM

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Now you can watch the debut of Willow from your phone or whatever on the Global Force Network!

http://globalwrestlingnetwork.com/videohub/IMPACT%20WRESTLING/90007492V/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Love the logo

https://twitter.com/GWNapp/status/917735854516432902

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress no.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pretty banner

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

$8/month

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Speaking of TNA house shows being financially terrible, we ran a wrestling club out of our University and decided to put our activities budget to putting on a free for students show. We contacted TNA to see if they would be interested, but they demanded a bigger venue than the one we were providing even though we knew they couldn't fill it. To sum up, they literally turned down free money because they wanted to look like a bigger draw than they were.

We ended up booking Chikara

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You can get a 30-day free trial if you're willing to roll the dice on giving TNA your credit card info.

e: watch extremely current and prolific TNA superstar CM Punk on the GFW Network!

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 10, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress yeah they got Victory Road 09 on there

E: I have legitimately never heard of Pro Wrestling Superstars or SMASH, who are they

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Speaking of TNA house shows being financially terrible, we ran a wrestling club out of our University and decided to put our activities budget to putting on a free for students show. We contacted TNA to see if they would be interested, but they demanded a bigger venue than the one we were providing even though we knew they couldn't fill it. To sum up, they literally turned down free money because they wanted to look like a bigger draw than they were.

We ended up booking Chikara

oh man I almost missed this. I have to know more.

How big was the venue? I'm assuming it was some multipurpose/ballroom on your campus.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile posted:

gently caress yeah they got Victory Road 09 on there

E: I have legitimately never heard of Pro Wrestling Superstars or SMASH, who are they

SMASH is a pretty cool local Toronto promotion that I go to sometimes. They book a lot of TNA guys and other indy folks. They also have their own streaming service so I don't know why their stuff is on the TNA network.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 10, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DJExile posted:

oh man I almost missed this. I have to know more.

How big was the venue? I'm assuming it was some multipurpose/ballroom on your campus.

I wasn't the pres so I didn't have all the details, he just told us about it. But yeah, we were offering them a ballroom that could fit about 300 max and they wanted to use our 1000 seat theatre. Like, booking the larger venue wasn't even about money, because we would have had to pay them less since our activities budget also goes to the venue. They basically wanted less money to have a bigger arena they couldn't fill because they wanted to appear "big time"

This was also during the period when they lost Fox Sports and didn't yet have Spike, so they didn't even have a tv deal at the time

EDIT: Nevermind, memory is hazy. They did have Spike at this point

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 10, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I wasn't the pres so I didn't have all the details, he just told us about it. But yeah, we were offering them a ballroom that could fit about 300 max and they wanted to use our 1000 seat theatre. Like, booking the larger venue wasn't even about money, because we would have had to pay them less since our activities budget also goes to the venue. They basically wanted less money to have a bigger arena they couldn't fill because they wanted to appear "big time"

This was also during the period when they lost Fox Sports and didn't yet have Spike, so they didn't even have a tv deal at the time

EDIT: Nevermind, memory is hazy. They did have Spike at this point

So was it the State College show or Collegeville show

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

So was it the State College show or Collegeville show

http://chikarapro.com/events/season-6/12-09-2007_stephen-colbert-bill-oreilly

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

SMASH is a pretty cool local Toronto promotion that I go to sometimes. They book a lot of TNA guys and other indy folks. They also have their own streaming service so I don't know why their stuff is on the TNA network.

is that Ethan Page's promotion?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

is that Ethan Page's promotion?

I think he runs Alpha 1

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/2sweetmebrah/status/917739443691446272

Same day as this:

https://twitter.com/SecurityHub/status/917768426524946433

Adbot