Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champs?
This poll is closed.
Johnson, Ferguson 21 56.76%
Johnson, Lee somehow 8 21.62%
Borg somehow, Ferguson 2 5.41%
Borg somehow, Lee somehow because I live in a goddamn topsy turvy fantasy world 6 16.22%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
in the time this fight took 6 heavyweights could've gassed out and lost their appetite for destruction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tesilential posted:

Because TJ is top 3 in a way deeper division. Why would he make the cut other than to fight DJ?

Everyone including DJ knows TJ is 10x the fighter Borg is. I'd still favor DJ but he ducked TJ homie

but he wants to fight garbrandt. it makes no sense to give TJ that fight. it just doesn't. if TJ was champion of his division it might make sense but the idea of a superfight with TJ simply makes no sense at all and is just one of those nonsense arguments people make to discredit DJ because they have a weird complex about smaller fighters

not saying the fight doesn't suck but that doesn't make giving TJ a title shot in a division he doesn't fight in make any more sense

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ban all the DJ apologists

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I like watching DJ just dismantle dudes. Especially when they come in with all that confidence.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
DJ owns

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dj owns. gently caress all y'all

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
ray born is just awful

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

empty whippet box posted:

but he wants to fight garbrandt. it makes no sense to give TJ that fight. it just doesn't. if TJ was champion of his division it might make sense but the idea of a superfight with TJ simply makes no sense at all and is just one of those nonsense arguments people make to discredit DJ because they have a weird complex about smaller fighters

TJ makes more sense than Ray Borg bro

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

empty whippet box posted:

not saying the fight doesn't suck but that doesn't make giving TJ a title shot in a division he doesn't fight in make any more sense

cody's champ of a real division, DJ needs to earn that fight

by, say, beating TJ

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

tesilential posted:

Ban all the DJ apologists

DJ... apologists...?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BlindSite posted:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
goddamn that went from "Borg in control" to "Borg getting hosed on" really fast

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

I just can't get into this gremlin division

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'd like for Mighty Mouse to just finish this guy already so we can get to Tony Ferguson

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Imho maybe TJ should have to beat up someone like benavidez before he gets a shot at a dominant champ in a weight class he has never competed in before while he doesn't have any belt but then again I'm an idiot :shrug:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

did he just kick a man in the face from back mount

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

My thinking was this fight should have been changed to Johnson/Cejudo 2 after his domination of late but it is what it is.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

great big cardboard tube posted:

Imho maybe TJ should have to beat up someone like benavidez before he gets a shot at a dominant champ in a weight class he has never competed in before while he doesn't have any belt but then again I'm an idiot :shrug:

Well, you're half right.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Soothing Vapors posted:

did he just kick a man in the face from back mount

drat what an athletic fea- ah the guy he's fighting is 5'3" and he's also 5'3"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

drat what an athletic fea- ah the guy he's fighting is 5'3" and he's also 5'3"

lol

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
im huge as am an and not a man"let" at all , every time i look at smaller richer more dedicated atheletes like leonel messi i just imagine how i could pick them up and chokeslam them around my backyard like i used to do to my little brother theyve no credibility in my eyes, pathetic

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Saying balls to the wall in a broadcast seems weird

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
I enjoy DJ fights

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

BlindSite posted:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Joe Rogan calling out that it's too bad Mighty Mouse didn't take a real challenge by fighting TJ instead of this guy

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

lol at Joe reminding us of DJ's cowardice

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Got Borg up by a 2 rounds going in to the last. DJ needs a finish imho.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I have Borg winning every round where DJ isn't fighting TJ.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

DJ so bored by beating the poo poo out of Ray Borg that he has time to gently caress with Cormier

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

great big cardboard tube posted:

That would be a fine argument if TJ were trying to jump ahead of Cejudo or Benavidez, but the whole reason people wanted him to fight TJ was that it's a cool interesting and competitive fight, and DJ hasn't had one of those in years. This is like watching cyborg crush cans brah

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I wonder what plan Brandon Gibson had for Borg to beat DJ.

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
Seems like he'll probably call out the winner of Dillashaw/Garbrandt after this, no? wonder if Dana will give it to him lol

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

A Salty Affair posted:

this fight sucks

A SALTY AFFAIR INDEED

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

gently caress all of you.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Mighty Mouse owns, that was so cool.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

AAAAAAAAAAAA

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That was the greatest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
hoooly gently caress one of the coolest subs i've seen