Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
:lol: at the DC comics burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Oh drat, Cartman went there calling them DC Comics.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- And does this spat tie into the plot of The Fractured But Whole?
That final scene is from the trailer of FBW. So, yeah.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He's such a penis

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kind of hoping they would end it by not getting a Netflix movie and settling for a video game...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I did like the, "Thanks for calling Netflix, you are green lit, who are you?" bit.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Haha, Butters' headquarters is just an abandoned Circuit City.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

swickles posted:

Am I missing something about the way Zuckerberg is talking? I mean, I get the kung fu ADR gag, but is that specific to Zuckerberg somehow?

I take it you haven't seen or heard Zuckerberg speak

undertool
Mar 3, 2009

swickles posted:

Am I missing something about the way Zuckerberg is talking? I mean, I get the kung fu ADR gag, but is that specific to Zuckerberg somehow?

I believe it's referencing this:

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/videos/10104094186863501/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zuckerburg just walking up to the table, sitting down, grabbing the old guy's soup and starting to eat it without a word just cracked me up.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

"SuperCraig x WonderTweek (Japanese Market)" and "PROFESSOR CHAOS Live at Coachella" have me rolling.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This episode felt like fan fiction

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Im much less enamored with the themes of this season but i think the little detail gags are keeping me watching, like the circuit city sign or the way Corporate Chaos wrapped every desk in tinfoil

maybe the internet has broken me but the zuckerberg thing was like, silly on its own, but i spent the ENTIRE episode going "what reference am i not getting here?" and almost paused it it to google zuck and then stopped myself when I realized I couldn't own myself that hard.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I liked last season better with Trump-Garrison and Memberberries. This was another okay episode. I don't understand what they were trying to do with Mark Zuckingberg or whoever.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I didn't get whatever the joke was with Zuck but I also found it hilarious. It just seemed like an appropriate depiction and I can't say why.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I have a feeling the Zuck stuff was more introducing a character in the video game than being relevant to anything.

But it was still funny with his "Style" and oddness.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's a japanese anime robot boy hero.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Somewhere between Kung-Pow tier incredibly bad dub job and hokey anime villain. And Zuckerberg's entire shtick of being like an alien who learned everything about humanity from commercials.

Seems pretty on the nose how Facebook literally refuses to do anything about... anything as long as the perpetrators pay them a buck.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
No love for Butters' Dad grounding Putin and Butters for spreading misinformation and disrupting a nation?

I thought that was pretty great.

Also the Police Chief scolding the town for bringing Zuckerberg on themselves

"And who invited him here?"

<crowd goes silent and gets all disheartened>

[quietly] ...we did. [/quietly]

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

He's like a vampire that way.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nichael posted:

I didn't get whatever the joke was with Zuck but I also found it hilarious. It just seemed like an appropriate depiction and I can't say why.

Yeah with him constantly saying that no one could block his style I just assumed there was a recent mini-controversy about about not being able to block him from your Facebook feed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope Heidi is in the game. (of course she will be)

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There won't be a pause screen, it'll be Heidi popping in to frame to say hi while all the action on screen freezes

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
SuperCraig made me laugh like a drain. That also may have been Mr Stotch's most emphatic grounding yet.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It was pretty good overall but yeah, could have used a more accurate parody of Zuckerberg.

Also whoever is doing the audio mixing this season is really screwing up. Every episode so far has had the background music nearly drowning out the dialogue.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
It's south park. Why do you wan a more accurate portrayal of anybody.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah with him constantly saying that no one could block his style I just assumed there was a recent mini-controversy about about not being able to block him from your Facebook feed.

I was confused a bit at first but what I figured when one of the town's people was like, "I think he is dubbing his voice and doing his own sound effects" is like the Rick and Morty line about the Vindicators writing their own press release. Watch an old kung fu movie and the bad guy would be dubbed saying something stupid like, "your tiger style is no match for my mantis style." So what I took from it was that Zuck thought himself a badass but was really just a huge dork. You can't defeat his style with another style, but the kids used his own style to defeat him. This might be a stretch but it was what I was thinking anyways.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There's something to be said about the theme of powerful public figures who respond to criticism and pleads with nothing but baffling nonsense while continuing to benefit from the suffering of others, and nobody else with power is willing to take any action whatsoever to stop it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Inescapable Duck posted:

There's something to be said about the theme of powerful public figures who respond to criticism and pleads with nothing but baffling nonsense while continuing to benefit from the suffering of others, and nobody else with power is willing to take any action whatsoever to stop it.

So it's a Trump thing.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rhyno posted:

So it's a Trump thing.

That and Zuckerburg did barge in some family's home and eat their dinner during a PR stunt.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
My understanding of the whole 'Unblockable Zuckerberg' thing was this.

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-why-you-cant-block-mark-zuckerberg-on-facebook-2017-9?IR=T

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Khagan posted:

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-why-you-cant-block-mark-zuckerberg-on-facebook-2017-9?IR=T

That page didn't respond well to my adblocker.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Khagan posted:

Didn't the same thing happen on these very forums? I think we might have found what happened to radium.

Rhyno posted:

So it's a Trump thing.

The sad thing is he's not the only one.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

sassassin posted:

Might be time to switch to ublock origin.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

checkplease posted:

It's south park. Why do you wan a more accurate portrayal of anybody.

I meant a parody of something he has actually done. He doesn't act like a pompous jerk. He's notorious for going out of his way to seem like an everyday nice guy which in real life makes his minimal effort to stop problems that Facebook creates even more irritating. To me it came across like they knew nothing about him so they had him do wacky randomness instead even if it was based on some avatar thing nobody knew about.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but a big part of the gag was the way he was obviously imagining everyone around him
Getting NG tossed aside by psychic powers and blowing up their cars and stuff, he’s clearly just a massive goon who acts just like Cartman in the Fishsticks episode when he’s fighting the jewbots

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

sassassin posted:

IMPOSSIBLE! how did you block my shtoyle?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's almost like the Zuckerberg in South Park is entirely fictional and with a poorly impersonated voice?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Whether it made any sense or not I can't stop chuckling at badly dubbed Zuckerberg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They even said. Don't just make things up about people. Except Mark Zuckerberg cause he deserves it.

• Locked thread