Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

suboptimal posted:

According to my friends at State, yes. Most are looking to get out and also get the gently caress out of DC. Sexy Rexy has absolutely killed morale.

I'd be highly suspicious of anyone joining the military, border patrol, or state department while Trump is in charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I'd join State just for the job if I qualified for the foreign service. He's not gonna be POTUS forever.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Holy poo poo WPA2 is broken at the protocol level and exploitable.

It's going to be a lovely few years for compromises as all those routers out there that never get updated to whatever they roll out are vulnerable.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/severe-flaw-in-wpa2-protocol-leaves-wi-fi-traffic-open-to-eavesdropping/

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Well'p no bugIDs for WLC2504s yet. RIP me, and RIP me twice because fuckin my local security sperg at work is gonna be all over this

fakeedit: oh this isn't the cisco nerd thread

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Laranzu posted:

It's going to be a lovely few years for compromises as all those routers out there that never get updated to whatever they roll out are vulnerable.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/severe-flaw-in-wpa2-protocol-leaves-wi-fi-traffic-open-to-eavesdropping/

hahahahahahahh

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

M_Gargantua posted:

The last good one got out in 2012 anyway

:(

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

M_Gargantua posted:

The last good one got out in 2012 anyway

Oof.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Laranzu posted:

Well gently caress poo poo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Dead Reckoning posted:

gently caress you if you're still in.

I hope I'm far enough away from being in :ohdear:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Aren't there international hacking cartels out there with a lot of resources?

I imagine security of THE CYBER is going to be a big issue for the rest of time.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Aren't there international hacking cartels out there with a lot of resources?

I imagine security of THE CYBER is going to be a big issue for the rest of time.

At this rate, you don't need a lot of resources to be vulnerable as Equifax and multiple others have proven. Companies and Governments are just going to have to face facts and start spending better on better security and infrastructure........

......AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, who am I kidding, they'll just pocket the cash as part of a round of executive bonuses and laugh.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Laranzu posted:

gently caress this gay earth

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Missionary Positron posted:

gently caress this gay earth

Yeah.

Meanwhile, enjoy the small things in life:

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/919684333207568385

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah.

Wolfenstein II could not have come at a better time. :allears:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah.

What if trump/bannon/gorka/Charlottesville et al was just viral marketing grown horribly, horribly out of control??

Makes u :thunk:

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

CommieGIR posted:

Wolfenstein II could not have come at a better time. :allears:

Good sir, have you not heard of the gospel that is Far Cry 5?

An open world, wilderness game that for the longest time has focused on pirates and despotic dictators as the villains of choice. In Far Cry 5, you'll be roughing it in the fictional backwoods Hope County, Montana. Your opponents? Militaristic doomsday white supremacist cultists. Yeah the far right are responding pretty much exactly how you'd expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdaoe4hbMso

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Also in devastating infosec news today it's come out that the RSA keypair generation algorithm has a flawed implementation on millions of infineon TPM chips that allows the private key to be determined soley from the public key in a mere few days' processor time, plus there's an extremely fast test that takes about 1ms to identify if a particular key is or is not vulnerable.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/crypto-failure-cripples-millions-of-high-security-keys-750k-estonian-ids/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Raerlynn posted:

Good sir, have you not heard of the gospel that is Far Cry 5?

An open world, wilderness game that for the longest time has focused on pirates and despotic dictators as the villains of choice. In Far Cry 5, you'll be roughing it in the fictional backwoods Hope County, Montana. Your opponents? Militaristic doomsday white supremacist cultists. Yeah the far right are responding pretty much exactly how you'd expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdaoe4hbMso

Yeah, I saw the previews for it. But I'll be damned of Wolfenstein doesn't look more up my alley.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Guess it's back to WEP

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Laranzu posted:

And that is the sound of a million infosec guys making GBS threads a brick at the same time before they all jump out a window.

Also I'd like to take this moment to laugh at everyone that looks at me like I'm paranoid when I say I'll never fully trust a transmission medium involving open-air transmission.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

orange juche posted:

I started on it but lmao someone else will finish it before i get done.

Go for it, I don't have my laptop and I'm traveling.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Guess it's back to WEP

Which can be cracked in no time.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

BJ Blasckowitz for president

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hahahahahahahh

Doesn't effect WPA2 Enterprise, so it's not totally awful.
If you're concerned, just setup a VPN on your home network, only do banking on your cell or at a fixed line, or absolve yourself to the fact that your neighbors now have the opportunity to eavesdrop on whatever videos you're cranking it to.

also goddamn, just use HTTPS, and minimize filesharing

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

And that is the sound of a million infosec guys making GBS threads a brick at the same time before they all jump out a window.

Also I'd like to take this moment to laugh at everyone that looks at me like I'm paranoid when I say I'll never fully trust a transmission medium involving open-air transmission.

Do you use 802.1X and MACSec when you plug in to your wall? Because if not, I have bad news for you.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I use security through inferiority. Nobody gives a poo poo enough to hack my Gibson.

I'll update my router when a fix is available.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

Do you use 802.1X and MACSec when you plug in to your wall? Because if not, I have bad news for you.

It's a personal thing I have against everyone wanting to implement wireless and then pretend it's just exactly as secure as a physical medium. Yes I know someone could be outside your building with a vampire tap and snooping on everything so nobody should trust anything that isn't end-to-end integrity checked fiber with some some DARPA version of quantum encryption or something.

It's a personal gripe with wireless and the people who implement it.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

It's a personal thing I have against everyone wanting to implement wireless and then pretend it's just exactly as secure as a physical medium. Yes I know someone could be outside your building with a vampire tap and snooping on everything so nobody should trust anything that isn't end-to-end integrity checked fiber with some some DARPA version of quantum encryption or something.

It's a personal gripe with wireless and the people who implement it.

Except not really, even. You don't need vampire taps or fancy poo poo to man in the middle wired communications, just an unsecured switchport and some tools that come on Kali Linux. Wired networks are just as vulnerable as wireless networks and, ironically, people seem to spend less time trying to secure them versus wireless networks.

psydude fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 16, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

psydude posted:

Except not really, even. You don't need vampire taps or fancy poo poo to man in the middle wired communications, just an unsecured switchport and some tools that come on Kali Linux. Wired networks are just as vulnerable as wireless networks and, ironically, people seem to spend less time trying to secure them versus wireless networks.

Its amazing how few places actually implement MAC filtering and Switch Port controls. Its easy as hell and a great way to secure your physical network.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Its amazing how few places actually implement MAC filtering and Switch Port controls. Its easy as hell and a great way to secure your physical network.

It's better than nothing, but mac spoofing is fairly easy, especially when most commodity workstation vendors put it on a sticker on the outside of the case. 802.1X using EAP-TLS with certificates and dynamic VLAN assignment is the only effective to secure exposed network jacks (and frankly it's a lot easier to manage since it's automatic and you don't have to worry about managing the MAC whitelist on each switchport).

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/355603-man-rescued-from-taliban-i-thought-my-captors-were-kidding-when

lol

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

also I hope they get their kids taken away for child abuse. they decided to gently caress and have kids while captured lol

PookBear fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 16, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

also I hope they get their kids taken away for child abuse. they decided to gently caress and have kids while captured lol

Fair and balanced opinion, regular guy.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Are they even his kids?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I mean if they were in captivity pregnancy should have been impossible, women have a way of just shutting that down

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Finished Vietnam. loving legit balled like a baby during the last 45 minutes or so of episode 10.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Fair and balanced opinion, regular guy.

For real though, unless their captives forced them to bang, that's clearly child endangerment.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I mean if they were in captivity pregnancy should have been impossible, women have a way of just shutting that down

Apparently the guy was previously married to Omar Khadr's sister? That's an odd coincidence.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

For real though, unless their captives forced them to bang, that's clearly child endangerment.

You’re assuming that the kids aren’t the captors’

There’s also the outside possibility she was pregnant with triplets when captured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
She was pregnant when captured, but only one kid from that one.

• Locked thread