Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Jedit posted:

I hope it never happens, but if you do get banned how do you "rebuy" under your original user name?

It’s the difference between a ban and a perma. A ban strips you of your land and your titles, but you are free to rereg with the same info; a :10bux: tax if you would. A perma means you are exiled and any alts that you make down the line are executed upon discovery.

That’s how I think it works, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If it's a regular ban you just repurchase from the screen which pops up telling you you're banned.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

LawfulWaffle posted:

It’s the difference between a ban and a perma. A ban strips you of your land and your titles, but you are free to rereg with the same info; a :10bux: tax if you would. A perma means you are exiled and any alts that you make down the line are executed upon discovery.

That’s how I think it works, anyway.

Yeah, that's right.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There are exceptions- people perma'd as part of a bet (like :toxx:ing for elections) are allowed to rereg with a new name, I thought?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There are exceptions- people perma'd as part of a bet (like :toxx:ing for elections) are allowed to rereg with a new name, I thought?

You can toxx for a perma but there’s no reason to. There’s no reason to toxx either, honestly. Trust me.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I wasn’t around the chat thread when that went down, but if “me and this girl had already hooked up, so it was kosher” means “so it would have been okay if I had had sex with her again when she was passed out drunk” then I imagine that was what made people call him a rapist because I mean yeah that’s not saying he raped someone but it’s a very cavalier attitude about consent

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
gently caress him (It's kosher because he's been hosed before)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Does anyone have that quote about Bronies and how they're really just desperate for anything that sounds like a woman? The key bits I recall were about how, before bronies, no one was fetishizing horses except for "honest-to-god horse fuckers" and how the Brony phenomenon is proof that these guys are so pathetic that they latch onto anything with a woman's voice.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The dude sounds like scum but those quotes aren't enough to be say with certainty "this dude is definitely a date rapist" so don't throw out accusations like that.

I can't quote goldmined threads but here's the link to a photoshop thread I enjoyed recently

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

mind the walrus posted:

Does anyone have that quote about Bronies and how they're really just desperate for anything that sounds like a woman? The key bits I recall were about how, before bronies, no one was fetishizing horses except for "honest-to-god horse fuckers" and how the Brony phenomenon is proof that these guys are so pathetic that they latch onto anything with a woman's voice.

It's pretty much the same demographic as anime who prefer their waifus to speak English as a first language.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

at the very least, saying "we already hooked up, means its kosher" is p much admitting guilt

like what kind of person says that and in what situation? ill tell you: a rapist in a rape situation.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

EmmyOk posted:

I can't quote goldmined threads but here's the link to a photoshop thread I enjoyed recently

also lmao i forgot this thread, some really good ones in there

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Took a glance at his rap sheet and multiple bans with the description "No means no" :whitewater:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Danaru posted:

Took a glance at his rap sheet and multiple bans with the description "No means no" :whitewater:

Not a date rapist though, nope, no evidence.

Can we as a society stop giving benefit of the doubt to obvious rapists please?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

A Man and his dog posted:

Big ole Marsh Pussay I know where you are coming from.

I recently found a very nice lady and we are very happy together.

I really hope it works out. But I've been burned before.

Tread lightly my friend.

swickles posted:

What are you going to do when she wakes up?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

:eyepop:

A Man is a Dog

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

You're the man now, dog.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

youre the dog now, man

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Now you're a dog-man

Edit: lol holy poo poo

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Oct 21, 2017

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

VanSandman posted:

You can toxx for a perma but there’s no reason to. There’s no reason to toxx either, honestly. Trust me.
A toxx is basically just a :10bux: bet against Lowtax where you can't win.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Unless you're a Clinton supporter.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

KM Scorchio posted:

Unless you're a Clinton supporter.

Everyone ate the ban from that toxx.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Now you're a dog-man

Edit: lol holy poo poo

Who is the pic of?

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Pick posted:

Everyone ate the ban from that toxx.

Eventually.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

Who is the pic of?

Gonna guess: A rapist.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Who is the pic of?

Brock Turner I think

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pls ban documented goon brock turner

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

Who is the pic of?

Yeah that's Brock Turner, the Stanford guy that raped a girl behind a dumpster and then got acquitted because "it would ruin his life".

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I don't think he was acquitted, just that he got a slap on the wrist instead of the years in jail he deserved

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Garrand posted:

I don't think he was acquitted, just that he got a slap on the wrist instead of the years in jail he deserved

Yeah that's right, I forgot the the details. But he's basically the American "face of rape" now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yeah that's Brock Turner, the Stanford guy that raped a girl behind a dumpster and then got acquitted because "it would ruin his life".

Harsh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

6 months jail, 3 years probation

releasted after 3 months lmao

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

On the plus side however abject an example of humanity you may be as an America you’re still guaranteed to be leaps and bounds ahead of your democratically elected leader.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Garrand posted:

He was so depressed after getting caught he could barely eat a steak. Poor little guy.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

his father said that he shouldn't have to deal with years of prison for "only 20 minutes of action"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Yeah that's right, I forgot the the details. But he's basically the American "face of rape" now.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

a literal textbook example. nice.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I just know a man and his dog from the restaurant industry thread, where he mentioned that he hoped a coworker "liked to get down" and now any time he says anything somebody makes fun of him for it. Funny to see that it seems to be all he talks about in any thread.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Powaqoatse posted:

a literal textbook example. nice.

Although he wasn’t actually convicted of rape so I wonder if he would be able to sue the publisher for defamation.

The publisher says that updated versions are going to make the distinction more clear:

quote:

The statutory definitions of rape in the State of California (where Turner was convicted of three charges of felony sexual assault) differ from those of the FBI. Turner’s actions, as determined by the California jury, fit the standards for the FBI definition of rape, as well as certain other state definitions, but not the California definition as of the time of the final book manuscript. The authors and publisher will further clarify the differing definitions of rape in California compared to the FBI in future reprints of the book.

As stated in the book, Turner was convicted of three counts of felony sexual assault under the California Penal Code. At the time Turner was charged and tried, none of these counts constituted the crime of rape, per the definitions then in effect. These three counts were: (1.) PC220(a)(1): assault with intent to commit felony; (2.) PC289(e): sexual penetration when the victim was intoxicated or anesthetized; and (3.) PC289(d): sexual penetration where the victim was unconscious of the nature of the act. The initial felony complaint in Turner’s case included two counts of rape under the California Penal Code (PC261(a)(3); PC261(a)(4)), however both of these counts were dismissed prior to Turner’s trial. These sections of the California Penal Code have since been amended by the California legislature.

I mean gently caress him, but also CYA and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

oh gently caress that