Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really wish someone would do an expose on the real Herbert cornfield, Smoove B, Jim Anchowar and Jean Teasdale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I just want more Don Turnbee.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Every kiss begins with explicit consent: https://www.facebook.com/TheOnion/videos/10155939424199497/

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Wasn't Jean Teasdale, was extremely disappointed

The nation really needs a new Room of Jean's Own in these trying times.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/917902646136180736

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Nation’s Women Clarify They Harbor No Secret Desire To See Colleagues’, Acquaintances’, Strangers’ Genitals

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Online Activists Unsure About Offensiveness Of Article, Figure They’ll Destroy Author’s Life Just In Case

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Wasn't Jean Teasdale, was extremely disappointed

The story arc of Jean and her sketchy dad opening a year-round mall Santa store is still peak onion for me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Getting real close to Halloween.

The Best Two-Sentence Horror Stories Of All Time

Also spooky when I saw this pop up on Facebook, 666 had liked this. :yikes:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
CIA Realizes It's Been Using Black Highlighters All These Years

"I was once ordered to feed documents into a copying machine in order to make backups of some very important top-secret records, but it turned out to be some sort of device that cut the paper to shreds."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Study Finds Flushing Toilets Wastes Billions Of Gallons Of Piss And poo poo Annually

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Messed up your link:

It’s Cathartic To Have A Chance To Speak Out On The Internet About My Experience With Sexual Assault For The Millionth loving Time

Study Finds Flushing Toilets Wastes Billions Of Gallons Of Piss And poo poo Annually

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:3:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/920322346665291776

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

STAR-MAKING
MASSAGE
ENTHUSIASTS

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Evil Mastermind posted:

STAR-MAKING
MASSAGE
ENTHUSIASTS

Aw, the little Oscar statue is crying, too.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
"AIR
BUD
(DVD)"

:allears:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Man Knows Exactly Which rear end in a top hat Got Him Sick

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Filthy Haiku posted:

"AIR
BUD
(DVD)"

:allears:

I forgot he produced that, and now it’s part of an 11-movie straight-to-video universe.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Smoove B posted:

We will not go to the city’s finest restaurants where they serve the finest bread imported from the surprisingly good bread regions of South Korea. 

This tickled me.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

1-800-EAT-poo poo Finally Publishes Decades Of Reckless-Driving Data

I just made an unseemly noise at my desk.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

quote:

Cattalone went to say that any peer reviewers seeking to challenge the survey’s methodology or criticize its findings can also call the number.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Rules Are Rules: The NBA Has Fined Gordon Hayward $7 Million For Reminding Everyone Of The Fragility Of The Human Body

“Hopefully this will be a lesson to Gordon, and all players, to think twice before forcing fans to reflect on how life is merely a high-wire act where each breath is a new opportunity for the maelstrom of existence to carelessly mangle the feeble human body into grotesque shapes.”

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
George W. Bush Debuts New Paintings Of Dogs, Friends...

Needed to dig this one up in light of everyone saying nice things about Dubya on my feed today.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Melania Trump Stumbles Upon Dozens Of Husband’s Haunting, Macabre Self-Portraits

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
News In Photos: 'Make Daddy Die' Whispered Into Build-A-Bear

:stare:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
You Are Lin-Manuel Miranda! Can You Avoid Blowing All Your ‘Hamilton’ Money At The Mall?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Trump Comforts Grieving War Widow By Assuring Her He Will Never Die

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Alternatively, ‘What Were We Talking About Again?’ Says Trump 15 Seconds Into Phone Call To Family Of Fallen Soldier

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005
Motion Picture Academy Releases Complete List Of Films That Can Be Enjoyed Without Supporting Sexual Predator

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Red Lobster Criticized For Decimating Biscuit Populations Along Cheddar Bay

'He Made The Ultimate Sacrifice,' Trump Tells Military Widow About Scooby-Doo Putting Up With Scrappy-Doo

edit: Apparently The Onion has moved to Gawker.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 11:48 on Oct 21, 2017

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

The MSJ posted:

edit: Apparently The Onion has moved to Gawker.

Not quite, especially since Gawker's not a thing anymore. The Onion (including the AV Club and Clickhole), according to Wikipedia, is 40% owned by Univision, who also completely own Gizomodo Media which is basically everything from Gawker that wasn't Gawker itself.

Realistically, the result is that they use the Kinja platform all of the Gizmodo sites use, as well as a couple others also owned by Univision. But the Onion's stuff is a bit more independent than anything else on it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, AV Club moved to Kinja a month or two ago, losing its good comments software and the easy-to-navigate article categories.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I noticed that AV clubs "undercover" youtube vids were unavailable for a while a couple months ago. They're back now, but I guess it due to a rights transition?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

From the early days of ClickHole: It’s Time To Have A National Conversation That Doesn’t Include Input From Celebrities, Because Yikes

I like to think they had some idea of just how relevant this would be today.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ultrafilter posted:

From the early days of ClickHole: It’s Time To Have A National Conversation That Doesn’t Include Input From Celebrities, Because Yikes

I like to think they had some idea of just how relevant this would be today.

more like the world is trying its hardest to make the onion prophetic

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
George W. Bush Warns Of Rise Of Conspiracy Theories

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, AV Club moved to Kinja a month or two ago, losing its good comments software and the easy-to-navigate article categories.
It's not a big deal for the Onion as I just read a few random stories occasionally, but I pretty much stopped going to the AV Club because the whole site became borderline incomprehensible.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

haha. wow

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

quote:

“As an architect of an illegal war waged over fabricated evidence, I’ll grant that Bush is something of an expert on this subject.”
This articulates how my brain reacted when it read about the Bush speech, only it said, "Th' gently caress?" with my mouth instead.

doctorfrog has a new favorite as of 05:29 on Oct 22, 2017