Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

when you see a lot of pink things on the team preview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

:rip:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Did I just watch a torkoal die.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Did I just watch a torkoal die.

yes but his sacrifice was not in vain

bulbapedia posted:

Brock points out that Torkoal did have a good idea though

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Same

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oddium posted:

yes but his sacrifice was not in vain

I always knew Brock would snap one day.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

jesus

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
gently caress man Pokemon got dark in later seasons.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
it too hates the vgc meta

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

no he didn’t sink

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Torkoal is obnoxious on Drought/TR teams. It's so slow. It's so slow! But completely dealable with. Which is how I think most pokemon should be. Do you have the counter? Good. Rocket tag.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Rest in Peace, Crybaby Turtle.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

No no no... They needed a SNORKEL to go diving.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The rare and coveted Torkoal with the event exclusive Dive move. Only available in a very small town in Taiwan for one single day on some obscure holiday not even related to turtles.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

real talk tho did that Torkoal die?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
No, he was swimming in a little pool.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Dizz posted:

real talk tho did that Torkoal die?

yes

Bogart posted:

No, he was swimming in a little pool.

this is wrong

bulbapedia posted:

Ash and his friends are sailing across the ocean on a boat, bound for Mossdeep City. For some reason, Torkoal is out of its Poké Ball. Torkoal and the others watch the waves from the bow of the ship. Pikachu and Torkoal are the first to notice something out on the ocean, which turns out to be a Spoink floating on a log, and is apparently the same Spoink they'd met before. Suddenly a wave knocks Spoink from the log, and Ash calls for the boat's pilot to stop. They pull Spoink on board in a life preserver. It hops around happily due to the rescue, but trips over the life preserver, and its pearl goes flying out into the water. Naturally, Spoink becomes hysterical, and everyone is amazed that Spoink lost its pearl again.
Spoink is briefly sad, but notices a round red flotation device (possibly used for a net) on the boat, and psychically picks it up and puts it on its head. Ash grabs the device away, saying that it doesn't belong to Spoink, and Torkoal cries at Spoink's situation. Torkoal then impulsively jumps into the water, intending to look for Spoink's pearl. The group gets worried that the Fire-type will be seriously hurt from being underwater so long. Torkoal dies. Brock points out that Torkoal did have a good idea though, so Brock and Ash send out Mudkip and Corphish to try to find Spoink's pearl.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

You never know. Nintendo could put out a "Switch Mini" before Gen VIII comes out. They still have a couple years.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I can believe Torkoal is loving dead.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

oddium posted:

this is wrong

no, he was swimming in a little pool

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
if we all keep the memory of torkoal in our hearts can he ever really die

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

You never know. Nintendo could put out a "Switch Mini" before Gen VIII comes out. They still have a couple years.

the switch is already tiny as heck, any smaller and you might as well just rerealease the GBA!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Torkoal is now Fire/Ghost type, guys. This is awesome!

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All pokes go to heaven except suicides so Torkoal and all the ones with Self Destruct or Explosion are just SOL

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-649566110 power-up punch was the original beast boost

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

For a second there I thought Fire/Ghost Torkoal was a real thing and was upset that it wasn't a Fire/Water steam-based Torkoal. Which should totally be an Alolan form.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ChrisBTY posted:

For a second there I thought Fire/Ghost Torkoal was a real thing and was upset that it wasn't a Fire/Water steam-based Torkoal. Which should totally be an Alolan form.

volcanion basically looks like mega torkoal

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Hustlin Floh posted:

All pokes go to heaven except suicides so Torkoal and all the ones with Self Destruct or Explosion are just SOL

In the pokemon world isn't hell basically the distortion world? If so that means you get to hang out all day with Giratina who is Hella rad, so good job Torkoal

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

and you don't want to buy both? sheesh

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Countblanc posted:

volcanion basically looks like mega torkoal
I regularly forget Volcanion even exists, which is a crying shame because a fire/water steam-based pokemon is an amazing concept. I think Volcanion shouldn't have been a legendary.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mega-Lopunny is the best pokemon. Powerful cute rabbit Chun-Li.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 24, 2017

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I think now this late in its life, I should actually get around to playing Pokemon Sun finally. Now, I could just use what I find as usual, but then again, I want my Noibat buddy from Pokemon X, because Noibat is cute and also my favorite, so I'm breeding one up now.

I'll be able to access it through Pokemon Bank early on, right?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

PetraCore posted:

I think Volcanion shouldn't have been

gotta agree here

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

PetraCore posted:

I regularly forget Volcanion even exists, which is a crying shame because a fire/water steam-based pokemon is an amazing concept. I think Volcanion shouldn't have been a legendary.

Clawitzer should have been Water/Fire as well, it wouldn't have been a stretch and would have made it more interesting than the umpteenth interchangeable mono Water-type that was immediately made redundant by Mega Blastoise. And it also would have fit very well with the color scheme of its shiny version.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Machamp should have been Fighting/Fighting

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

the game's code allows for three types now

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

luckily there have only ever been three types, cool/cute/ trash

less laughter