Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/labourwhips/sta...er%3D141%23pti9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jose posted:

gently caress off vince this is why nobody votes for you

https://twitter.com/gemmacdoyle/sta...er%3D141%23pti9

jfc

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
cosmic brain my policy isn’t poo poo if I don’t show up to be told it’s poo poo

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jose posted:

liberals are worse than tories

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Barry Foster posted:

liberals are worse than tories

liberals are more dangerous than conservatives cause they think they’re good guys

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

it’s a purely symbolic opposition motion that the tories don’t have to give a poo poo about if they don’t want to

Its a thing that can go viral to make the Tories look like a bunch of cucks. Its exactly what you want if you are a party specifically courting the youth vote the way Corbyn's labor has been.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Guys how about we form a progressive alliance with the party that has a track record of lying and voting for Conservative governments.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
You can't trust bourgie, chardonay sipping, big city fauxgressives

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Who is bulgogie hogie and why do I have him on ignore

Which Nazi is he?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

bump_fn posted:

liberals are more dangerous than conservatives cause they think they’re good guys

They're reliably unreliable and liable to stab leftists in the back at the worst possible moments. At least tories barely bother to hide their abject shittiness, you know where you stand with them

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Libdems are less dangerous than tories though because there are only 4 of them and the only person who doesn't know they're totally hosed is whoever is leading them at the time

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

nopantsjack posted:

Who is bulgogie hogie and why do I have him on ignore

Which Nazi is he?

They're not a nazi just a terrible liberal blowhard

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Barry Foster posted:

They're reliably unreliable and liable to stab leftists in the back at the worst possible moments. At least tories barely bother to hide their abject shittiness, you know where you stand with them

Rosa Luxemburg Never Forget

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

MikeCrotch posted:

Rosa Luxemburg Never Forget

i like the revolutionaries who don’t get captured

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

nopantsjack posted:

Libdems are less dangerous than tories though because there are only 4 of them and the only person who doesn't know they're totally hosed is whoever is leading them at the time

It is weird how all the lib dems I know are totally self-hating but seemingly unable to leave the party.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jose posted:

Nice of the LibDems to let Britain know a vote for them is a vote for another Tory government

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

nopantsjack posted:

i was speaking more generally about liberals vs fascists but yeah

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

MikeCrotch posted:

They're not a nazi just a terrible liberal blowhard

ok fine ill queue up the gangtag

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Can anyone recommend some good left wing or legal blogs I can follow? I only have political scrapbook and Tom Pride on my reading list.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jose posted:

Fucks sake, I'm one of like 20 actual Lib Dems and I wouldn't vote for him if he pulls this poo poo.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

tarbrush posted:

Fucks sake, I'm one of like 20 actual Lib Dems and I wouldn't vote for him if he pulls this poo poo.

liberalism is a sham and liberal democracy doubly so

unfortunately shams work by continental negative rules so doubles just intensifies it instead of cancelling out like yr good old fashioined queens whatever

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

tarbrush posted:

Why? Out of curiosity.
I think I was sorta libdem aligned back in the Kennedy days.

I can't imagine someone being a libdem nowadays who isn't like 60. Although my cousin voted LD in 2015 like a fool and loads of my mates voted for Clegg they are all solid labour voters now.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Haha wtf why

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Barry Foster posted:

Haha wtf why

He's the ghost of H.H. Asquith :ssh:

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

tarbrush posted:

UrbicaMortis posted:

It is weird how all the lib dems I know are totally self-hating but seemingly unable to leave the party.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Barry Foster posted:

Haha wtf why

I kind of actually joined them in the immediate aftermath of the referendum, in the hope and expectation that actually having something to be definitively FOR would be the salvation of the party. It's been a long slide down into apathy since then. I'm kind of for some of their more weird liberal policies like AV, legalising drugs, reining in RIPA and that. At this point I pretty much have to google what else they're in favour of that isn't just empty platitudes. Oh, the 1% on the 40% tax band to pay for the NHS is good as well.

I'm technically a member of the Labour party too. And I'm contemplating joining the conservatives to gently caress with their next leadership election. I guess I'll see which one notices and throws me out first. I'd be more full on Labour if they were less Brexity.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's the ghost of H.H. Asquith :ssh:

I'm going to have to google him to see how insulted I should be.

Edit: Y'know what, creator of the modern welfare state is cool, I can go with that.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah I'm full blown corbynista now but I can get their brexit position being a turn off since it's... Yknow... Suicidal.

It's going to be pretty terrible for labour IMO, they're likely to get in and then have to spend 5 years dealing with the country smashing itself on the rocks, brexit is gonna take what, 15 years or something to stabilise? We still haven't gotten over the financial crisis....
Then the papers will blame labour and foreigners and the Nazi party will get in.

I get why they're doing I but loving hell it's peak 2017 that we finally get a good bloke to vote for and part of the package is drinking rat poison.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I voted lib dem in 2010

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

nopantsjack posted:

Yeah I'm full blown corbynista now but I can get their brexit position being a turn off since it's... Yknow... Suicidal.

It's going to be pretty terrible for labour IMO, they're likely to get in and then have to spend 5 years dealing with the country smashing itself on the rocks, brexit is gonna take what, 15 years or something to stabilise? We still haven't gotten over the financial crisis....
Then the papers will blame labour and foreigners and the Nazi party will get in.

I get why they're doing I but loving hell it's peak 2017 that we finally get a good bloke to vote for and part of the package is drinking rat poison.

Ya there's no overstating how hosed Britain is unless you cancel the Brexit, if corbyn does some day get to be PM it will be to preside over Britain being hosed.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

tarbrush posted:

I'm going to have to google him to see how insulted I should be.

Edit: Y'know what, creator of the modern welfare state is cool, I can go with that.

I just went with the first old Lib PM to come to mind. Well, second, but I decided against Lloyd-George since I don't know how mustachioed you are.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Jose posted:

I voted lib dem in 2010

Me too lol. Even worse, it was the first election I was old enough to vote in. I take some solace in the fact that it didn't even matter since I was voting in Andrea Leadsom's constituency which is pure blue.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I just went with the first old Lib PM to come to mind. Well, second, but I decided against Lloyd-George since I don't know how mustachioed you are.

Not at all, but I feel this whole process accurately reflects how invested in the Lib Dems I am.

My local mp is Neil Coyle, so it's pretty much a choice of which colour pro-European anti-Jez guy you want anyway

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
more like lib shits

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

tarbrush posted:

Lib Dems are like American libertarians in that they pretend to be staunch idealists but at the end of the day they're just conservatives who take comfort from the wafer-thin layer of cushion between themselves and all the remarkably evil bullshit they actively advance.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Vox Nihili posted:

Lib Dems are like American libertarians in that they pretend to be staunch idealists but at the end of the day they're just conservatives who take comfort from the wafer-thin layer of cushion between themselves and all the remarkably evil bullshit they actively advance.

more like lib dumbs

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Jose posted:

I voted lib dem in 2010

yeah boooii i had that cleggmania

i only know 3 people that are still openly lib dems, 2 are my very comfortably off aunt and uncle and the third is literally the daughter of some aristocracy and absolutely minted.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
They did show nick clegg's face on british tv in 2010 didn't they? How could any of you fall for his poo poo?

Its shameful enough to get tricked into thinking voting for a third party is ever a good idea, but tricked by him?

hakimashou has issued a correction as of 08:58 on Oct 25, 2017

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

hakimashou posted:

They did show nick clegg's face on british tv in 2010 didn't they? How could any of you fall for his poo poo?

Its shameful enough to get tricked into thinking voting for a third party is ever a good idea, but tricked by him?

In fairness, I lived in a cons/ld marginal in 2010, no way was I voting Con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

hakimashou posted:

I wanted tuition fees to be scrapped lol