Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What tribe are you supporting?
This poll is closed.
Team Raw 2 2.30%
Team Smackdown 17 19.54%
It's the same company, Jerusalem :rolleyes: 68 78.16%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It's super funny that The Rock's got WWE by the balls. They won't dare punish Nia when she gets back because they're terrified of angering Dwayne, and that's fabulous because The Rock is cool and WWE isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Eli Wiggum posted:

Google "Lucha Underground"

I really should start watching that

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Good for someone for taking a stand but lol at the person dying on that hill being Nia Jax

Look, you put Sasha and Nia in a match and someone's dying on a hill.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

extradite THIS! posted:

It's super funny that The Rock's got WWE by the balls. They won't dare punish Nia when she gets back because they're terrified of angering Dwayne, and that's fabulous because The Rock is cool and WWE isn't

I don't think The Rock cares, to be honest. He's telling her to walk out if she's unhappy. I don't think he really gives a poo poo to be honest. The Rock has been all about "put in hard work and you'll be rewarded" and Nia has pretty much not improved at all since coming up to the main roster, along with playing the THE ROCK IS MY COUSIN CARD is going to sour a lot of people on you.

The optics of it are not good on both sides, but I'll probably side with WWE on this one. Nia is an incredibly unsafe worker, and shouldn't have been called up so early [which is the fault of wwe, but keep reading], but on the other hand, she's made little to no improvement in the ring compared to everyone else on RAW, but still thinks she should get a title run or whatever because she's the rock's cousin.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 25, 2017

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

I really should start watching that

It's on Netflix so it's pretty much the easiest promotion to watch outside WWE. And it's loving awesome, that helps too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't think The Rock cares, to be honest. He's telling her to walk out if she's unhappy. I don't think he really gives a poo poo to be honest. The Rock has been all about "put in hard work and you'll be rewarded" and Nia has pretty much not improved at all since coming up to the main roster, along with playing the THE ROCK IS MY COUSIN CARD is going to sour a lot of people on you.

The optics of it are not good on both sides, but I'll probably side with WWE on this one. Nia is an incredibly unsafe worker, and shouldn't have been called up so early [which is the fault of wwe, but keep reading], but on the other hand, she's made little to no improvement in the ring compared to everyone else on RAW, but still thinks she should get a title run or whatever because she's the rock's cousin.

Don't ever side with the WWE, imo. Their track record proves they don't deserve it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in a women's mid-tier belt with all of thees women coming up through the MYC and NXT.

Also, the women on Raw are going to need something to fight over when Asuka holds the main championship forever

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shinjobi posted:

Don't ever side with the WWE, imo. Their track record proves they don't deserve it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

I see your point and even agree to some extent but the way I look at the whole thing, Nia Jax's in-ring skills or lack thereof and how dumb she looks walking out aren't what I'm even interested in. I'm focusing entirely on the fact that WWE is by all accounts terrified of making The Rock mad and it's great that one dude holds so much sway over this dumb rear end company.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Shinjobi posted:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Nia is terrible but if she'd been promised a feud with Alexa it's pretty lovely of WWE to bust her down to a pre-show match, especially since she'd probably end up losing out on quite a lot of money when it didn't make the DVD.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Shinjobi posted:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Nia Jax should be a commentator.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Shinjobi posted:

Corporations are successful though so they should know what is right or wrong because it is best for their bottom line

I support you, WWE

Don't let Dwayne and his family push you around

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Where is this from? I really want to see this.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
cagematch match statistics Nia Jax (former model), 2015: 46 matches, 2016: 110, 2017:120
total of 276 matches, lets say 5 minute matches means 1380 minutes of in ring time; 23 hours. Let us say she also has that same amount of time in practice that puts her to about 46 hours of pro wrassling experience. But there is also travel time and talking about wrestling, working out, watching old matches for inspiration and study, working on designing outfits and thinking about how the character would react to situations, working on promos in front of the mirror or friends so she probably has hundreds of hours invested in being a wrestler. So lets say 3 days a week, 52 weeks a year over three years would put her to maybe like 450-500 hours dedicated to learning wrestling. But probably more really like 1000 hours a year so about 20 hours a week so in three years would be like 3000 hours of work put in.

There is a study done that it takes 10,000 hours to me a masters. Nia Jax would be a novice based on those stats.

Alexa Bliss (former fitness model) 2013-2017 has 350 matches but probably has better cardio, more charisma (and I don't mean looks, I mean facial expressions and mic skills), and got time as a manager so he got to see male wrestlers in-ring performing.

Becky Lynch has 469 matches on cagematch but probably got longer match times in the indy scene, one on one training with FInn vs. Performance Center group training, and having to prove herself more beyond looks and familial relations.

Becky probably has twice the experience of Alexa and it shows

the women wrestlers need longer matches on TV but I wonder if the worry is that women's match goes to commercial break will people just turn the channel, the women need longer matches on house shows, they need to take it upon themselves to make WWE web exclusive stuff to get promo time in and work on their characters. All those are probably hard to lobby for because the potential depush is real. I don't watch TNA or whatever it is called but I will look up matches on youtube or whatnot if I hear something is worth watching and I noticed while watching Triplemania that Rosemary has an interesting character. But the WWE would never let one of their ladies cover up their look with scary make up even if it would make an interesting character. Nia Jax was suppose to fill the role of scary monster but when all other women in the divisions are made into cookie cutter divas that is why I suppose workers like Nia and Bayley aren't pushed by Vnice because they are not what he thinks of as attractive so the WWE audience won't like them.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

VJeff posted:

Eh, actually, I'm not that conflicted. WWE clearly was dangling a championship program in front of her and then they jerked it away. gently caress them, she was right to walk.

the championship program (or calling her up to the main roster) should have never happened

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hot take: I'm siding with WWE because there's probably more to the story than Nia is letting on. Again, people are siding with her because she's getting yanked around by creative. That's fine. But she probably got yanked around because she loving sucks in the ring. And that's not on WWE. Note how every time she enters the title picture, she ends up botching and/or almost killing/paralyzing someone (or herself) in the ring.

She's had WAY too many chances to show that she can improve. But she hasn't. That is 100% on her. But apparently people here seem to think that because Nia Jax walked out on the company (keep in mind, creative gave her plenty of chances and she hosed up on every one of them), she is all of a sudden good?

I have no problem supporting Neville walking out. I do have a problem supporting Nia, because she doesn't deserve the opportunities she was given.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 25, 2017

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I support Neville because he actually deserves what was promised and then taken from him

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

TV Zombie posted:

Where is this from? I really want to see this.

https://streamable.com/c9eai

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i stand with wwe and i encourage the other good posters to do the same

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember when Justin Gabriel quit after not being on TV for like 4 months, and then they called him up and were like "oh we totally had plans for you on Raw that night, if only you stuck around." Like, suuuuuuure buddy.

WWE loves dangling carrots like that in front of people if it convinces them to roll over and play ball and don't make a fuss when "plans change." Neville and Nia are totally in the right for calling their bluff.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

Hot take: I'm siding with WWE because there's probably more to the story than Nia is letting on. Again, people are siding with her because she's getting yanked around by creative. That's fine. But she probably got yanked around because she loving sucks in the ring. And that's not on WWE. Note how every time she enters the title picture, she ends up botching and/or almost killing/paralyzing someone (or herself) in the ring.

She's had WAY too many chances to show that she can improve. But she hasn't. That is 100% on her. But apparently people here seem to think that because Nia Jax walked out on the company (keep in mind, creative gave her plenty of chances and she hosed up on every one of them), she is all of a sudden good?

I have no problem supporting Neville walking out. I do have a problem supporting Nia, because she doesn't deserve the opportunities she was given.

I agree with this. Neville, Aries, Cody when he left, all justified. Nia? Ehhh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Nia didn't yank herself out of NXT a year too early.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lol if you take "a side" in that garbage. Why?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

nia isn't that great but wwe is a poo poo company with horrible practices and vince should probably stop dangling carrots in front of talent's face they're never planning on giving them, such as nia jax with a title feud or neville with being given a push outside of 205 live

or cm punk 4 years ago with pretty much everything

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Yeah, I agree with that sentiment, but she also made no real effort to improve in the ring either, even after being called up. She had stuff handed to her. I don't think its a stretch to say that Creative has finally gone cold on Nia because she's unsafe. Since being called up, she's almost hurt or actually hurt: Emma, Bayley, Sasha, and Charlotte, and those are just some of the more notable names. If she had almost hurt one or two people I would chalk it up to a freak accident. But its pretty much a constant that she's going to gently caress up a spot and almost hurt someone in her matches.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

So? That doesn't mean WWE isn't smart to cool off on her. Now Becky or Bayley, they'd be justified.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just to be clear, I think Nia sucks and have been saying for months that a Nia/Alexa title feud was a terrible idea. But it's still a lovely thing for them to yank that away, or keep putting it off or whatever bullshit they come up with.

"Don't worry about losing to Sasha on the pre-show, we'll owe you one."
"Why am I teaming with Alexa again after turning on her like a month ago"
"Well hrm hrm wins and losses don't matter, you'll get yours soon"
"bye"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how freaking dare you.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm stating the obvious here but WWE is a garbage-rear end company more concerned with putting themselves over as a "brand" than taking care of and keeping promises to their talent

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

VJeff posted:

I can definitely see why Nia would be frustrated, she was booked pretty strong last year, but it was all smashing jobbers. This year, they've just jerked her around constantly. Like she beats people up all the time but whenever there's actual stakes, she just loses.

- She lost her PPV unbeaten streak at Fastlane to Sasha rolling her up (this was extremely :wtf: but got lost in the shuffle with the rest of the disaster that was Fastlane's booking)
- Got pinned first in the four-way at Wrestlemania (all three women jumped on top of her but who cares, she still got pinned first)
- Tapped to Sasha in the #1 contender match for Great Balls of Fire.
- Tapped to Sasha in the #1 contender match for SummerSlam
- Turned on Alexa after SummerSlam, match got turned into a four-way, then a loving five-way.
- Afterwards, went right back to being Alexa's sidekick.

Like, they still try to portray Nia as a monster but the fact is, they booked her to be a Washington D.C-tier choker. I can see how that'd get extremely frustrating. Her booking hasn't been as visibly terrible as say, Bayley's or Emma's and she hasn't been completely forgotten like Becky or Mickie, but it's still been pretty drat bad.

But again, I really don't know if she's good enough to even be in the title picture, so it's like. I'm conflicted, here.

Eh, actually, I'm not that conflicted. WWE clearly was dangling a championship program in front of her and then they jerked it away. gently caress them, she was right to walk.

Nia gets booked to job because she sucks at acting like a heel, sucks on the mic and keeps either injuring her opponents or trying to.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

you guys act like, "be big and physically imposing" hasn't trumped every other ability a wrestler has when it comes to being booked to win

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So? That doesn't mean WWE isn't smart to cool off on her. Now Becky or Bayley, they'd be justified.

Then like, why do the angle where she betrays Alexa in the first place? If you were gonna cool off on her, the right time to do it was during the Summer, when Bayley got injured in their match, but they did the angle with Alexa and then put her in a championship match that immediately ballooned out of control into a five-way. It's not that they cooled off on her once, it's that they've been going stop/start with her all year. Either get behind her or don't. I can see how she'd get mixed signals from the way she's being booked.

And it is their fault that they pulled her out of the place where she'd be able to keep learning and improving just to throw her into this situation that's all stop-start booking and nothing five-minute matches, tag matches and multi-man matches that don't actually help her grow.

Benne posted:

Just to be clear, I think Nia sucks and have been saying for months that a Nia/Alexa title feud was a terrible idea. But it's still a lovely thing for them to yank that away, or keep putting it off or whatever bullshit they come up with.

"Don't worry about losing to Sasha on the pre-show, we'll owe you one."
"Why am I teaming with Alexa again after turning on her like a month ago"
"Well hrm hrm wins and losses don't matter, you'll get yours soon"
"bye"

This, basically. Don't dangle a carrot in front of her face and then jerk it away.

Angry Grimace posted:

Nia gets booked to job because she sucks at acting like a heel, sucks on the mic and keeps either injuring her opponents or trying to.

Then they shouldn't have brought her up last year. She actually had a really good match with Asuka right before she was called up and it's like "okay, there's something here." then a month or two later, she's on the main roster.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Then like, why do the angle where she betrays Alexa in the first place? If you were gonna cool off on her, the right time to do it was during the Summer, when Bayley got injured in their match, but they did the angle with Alexa and then put her in a championship match that immediately ballooned out of control into a five-way. It's not that they cooled off on her once, it's that they've been going stop/start with her all year. Either get behind her or don't. I can see how she'd get mixed signals from the way she's being booked.

Then they shouldn't have brought her up last year. She actually had a really good match with Asuka right before she was called up and it's like "okay, there's something here." then a month or two later, she's on the main roster.

For your first paragraph: Because that was before No Mercy, and she probably wanted into the title hunt? Not that hard to understand. People seem to forget that the last time Nia and Alexa had a singles match, it was an absolute loving disaster. I don't think they wanted to repeat that at No Mercy, which is why it was changed to a multi woman match.

For your second point: I wouldn't call Asuka vs Nia good, especially when a lot of people consider it to be Asuka's worst match in NXT, and it was pretty obvious Asuka was doing all the carrying in that matchup.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 25, 2017

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Recast Nia with jazzy gabert. Also Dana.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

VJeff posted:

This, basically. Don't dangle a carrot in front of her face and then jerk it away.

well its not like the donkey ever gets the carrot anyway in the metaphor

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There was a spot in that match where Asuka kicked Nia and then Nia screamed at Asuka and then Asuka kicked her again. That was a great spot, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
WWE de-pushing Nia for being terrible in the ring (if true) is bullshit considering who the current WWE champion is.

• Locked thread