Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I did it, I beat the quest and became the Pokemon Master. Now I can concentrate on the real game: Fishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Nothing is in ability descriptions. Like the fact that Iron Skin and Snowglobe scale with the caster's armor, or how damage absorbed during Iron Skin's invulnerability period adds to the total shield, or how Trinity's Link transfers all debuffs and status effects to the linked enemies and makes you immune (it's hilarious when a Scorpion hits you with the grappling hook and gets knocked over herself).

:aaaaa:

Is there perhaps a single wiki page with all of these caveats so I don't have to parse every single skill?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is there perhaps a single wiki page with all of these caveats so I don't have to parse every single skill?

Hahahaha

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this is some cool poo poo

Khorne
May 1, 2002

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Nothing is in ability descriptions. Like the fact that Iron Skin and Snowglobe scale with the caster's armor, or how damage absorbed during Iron Skin's invulnerability period adds to the total shield, or how Trinity's Link transfers all debuffs and status effects to the linked enemies and makes you immune (it's hilarious when a Scorpion hits you with the grappling hook and gets knocked over herself).
Literally. Nova's slow, and likely others are straight multiplicative for animation time duration. So if you combine a nyx with lots of -duration and a slow nova all enemies are perma stunned except stuff that can't be hit by chaos/nova's stuff.

There are countless interactions in this game like this, although they've been eliminating them over time. They removed Volt's shield being able to shoot out of limbo's rift around a year ago. Tons of weird and cool interactions!!

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 25, 2017

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The wiki for each frame has an abilities tab that will tell you how the actual frame works/explain what actually powers up each one and formulas, or any corner cases or bugs.

I understand why there's the tabs but even the wiki annoyed me at first before I realized you could swap them, and it looked like the majority of each frame's page was just fluff, where to acquire them and building costs.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

DoombatINC posted:

I like the Tiberon quite a bit, but acknowledge that I'm in a pretty small fan club :shobon: the burst is so pleasantly chunky, especially with Shred

I really like the Tiberon too. Sybaris and Tigris as well are fun. I just find burst fire really satisfying.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Finally got the Frost skin. Thank you RNGesus

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

So what’s the best use of the free resource booster?

Farming Kuva till my eyes bleed?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ludo Friend posted:

you will get through 2 hours and hate your entire life. Go into options and mute transmissions.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I had a roller show up during a mission and it wasn't a roller-pumpkin. DE, please fix this obvious bug.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is War Within the end of the "main" storyline, or does it keep following on with another?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

So far yes. I feel like the harrow quest gives more insight into the tenno but it doesn't unlock more abilities or modes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

warframe never ends

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Aw god dammit, they reduced the cost of parts that use of Breath of the Eidolon from 5 to 1 in that patch. I spent yesterday agonising over what to spend my 5 on, hahaha.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the changes they've made to the zaw parts really shows that they're pretty intent on getting this poo poo right

even if it's pretty rocky at first, but hell, when is this game ever not like that

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Someone recommend me a fun secondary around mr10. I still havent found anything nicer than twin Grakatas.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Risutora posted:

Someone recommend me a fun secondary around mr10. I still havent found anything nicer than twin Grakatas.

Build the Kulstar. Nothing's more fun than running around with a pocket cluster-torpedo launcher.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Risutora posted:

Build an Atomos and then beat up the Jackal until it drops Ruinous Extension if you don't have it already.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Build the Kulstar. Nothing's more fun than running around with a pocket cluster-torpedo launcher.

Kulstar is too much fun

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ludo Friend posted:

Wisps/Fish are also doubled.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

With my skills Kulstar sounds like a suicide machine, what could be more fun.

Gotta get those two cooking.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Khorne posted:

Literally. Nova's slow, and likely others are straight multiplicative for animation time duration. So if you combine a nyx with lots of -duration and a slow nova all enemies are perma stunned except stuff that can't be hit by chaos/nova's stuff.

There are countless interactions in this game like this, although they've been eliminating them over time. They removed Volt's shield being able to shoot out of limbo's rift around a year ago. Tons of weird and cool interactions!!

This makes me really sad, they should just add a bunch of weird power interactions to make things even more insane.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Tulip posted:

I did this to farm 3 full days worth of standing (at MR 24) of muckrays. And farming the ingredients for the dye and low level baits.

Tips for fishing muckrays:

Do it at night. Only goopols will spawn and both can be caught with the T1 spear so no need to switch back and forth when a trolok spawns and takes up precious spawning amounts. Throw only 1 muckray bait into a bubbling spot until it disappears. There is no way I know of to get around the wait for new spawns, so just wait a bit for the next spawns. Fish on the South East coastline. Tons of bubbling spots and its a small relatively isolated patch of land.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
PSA: Be sure to clear out your inbox regularly. I didn't play for a couple of days and logged in to 4300 twitch drops, which is enough to cause my client to freeze for several seconds every time I delete a message. I'll need an autohotkey script just to read my mail.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Tulip posted:

TIME TA GET MA FISH ON!

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Avulsion posted:

PSA: Be sure to clear out your inbox regularly. I didn't play for a couple of days and logged in to 4300 twitch drops, which is enough to cause my client to freeze for several seconds every time I delete a message. I'll need an autohotkey script just to read my mail.

hover over a message, press the up/down arrow key, move mouse away from message list.

Then proceed to sit there for 15 minutes pressing nothing but that one key over and over and over again until you clear enough to delete all read messages.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Yeah I made a script to do exactly that.

Edit: 817 Latrons

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 26, 2017

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
I now have more sentinel slots than sentinels that will ever exist.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Avulsion posted:

Yeah I made a script to do exactly that.

Edit: 817 Latrons

Could you paste the script here? I've never used autohotkey before.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Sininu posted:

Could you paste the script here? I've never used autohotkey before.

It's not pretty, but all it has to do is push the down arrow over and over until you tell it to stop:

code:
SendMode Input

toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 3

F8:: ;push F8 to start
toggle := !toggle
	while toggle{
		Send {Down down}
		Sleep 50
		Send {Down up} 
		Sleep 50
		If !toggle
			break
	} 
return
Save to scriptname.ahk, run the script, switch to warframe, push F8 to start, push F8 again to stop.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Avulsion posted:

It's not pretty, but all it has to do is push the down arrow over and over until you tell it to stop:

code:
SendMode Input

toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 3

F8:: ;push F8 to start
toggle := !toggle
	while toggle{
		Send {Down down}
		Sleep 50
		Send {Down up} 
		Sleep 50
		If !toggle
			break
	} 
return
Save to scriptname.ahk, run the script, switch to warframe, push F8 to start, push F8 again to stop.

Thank you :)

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

This is an interesting glitch.

It works with all melee weapons.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

That would probably sell for a pretty penny, if you could be bothered trying to sell a riven in trade chat.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
Do we know when the twitch drops stop? I can't find a solid answer anywhere.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

ReWinter posted:

Do we know when the twitch drops stop? I can't find a solid answer anywhere.

It's been extended to nov 2nd.

Also speaking of which, Peewi is it possible for you to do something to force a different amount of default tabs on reload? Like doing http://brackethouse.dk/wf/30 or http://brackethouse.dk/wf#30 for example? page crashes sometimes at higher(40+) number of streams and when reloading it goes back to 2.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

kxZyle posted:

Meanwhile, I’m on a six-day trip to Naples, and my PC at home is quietly farming Twitch drops 24/7 via thirty auto-refreshed stream windows on the desktop (hopefully without bursting into flames). Looking forward to finding out if there’s an inbox cap.

If there's an inbox cap, it's pretty high.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

kxZyle posted:

If there's an inbox cap, it's pretty high.

Can you post how long your affinity booster is after this?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Anyone else having trouble logging in? I got kicked out and now I can't seem to get back in. Even got an "Unknown" as an error message on the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Yep, :same: For a minute I thought I got kicked for using the autohotkey script.