Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
rose's kryptonite is people who are any good at fighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

CommonShore posted:

And it went to split decision - not a blowout.

(I haven't watched the fight)

It wasn't a blow out but it shouldn't have been a split decision and Karolina clearly won.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Bluedeanie posted:

Rose absolutely can submit Joanna imo but she has very little realistic chance of getting it in that position so I would not bet any money on her, if I were a betting man

Yeah, Rose isn't going to get her to the ground, starting to feel like JJ is turning into MMMDMMJ, too dominant, lacking competition in the forseeable future. Womens flyweight when it happens I guess.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
at least mighty mouse finishes his fights

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

What are the complete odds on that fight? My work firewall blocks anything that looks like it could be gambling (such as gambling sites).

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CommonShore posted:

I remember it not being particularly close but I haven't rewatched it. I can't really trust the judges' impressions though.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

CommonShore posted:

What are the complete odds on that fight? My work firewall blocks anything that looks like it could be gambling (such as gambling sites).

Roughly Joanna -400 Rose +325

Does it block?
https://www.bestfightodds.com

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://streamable.com/onqez

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Skip My Posts posted:

...and Carla Esparza

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

JaySB posted:

Roughly Joanna -400 Rose +325

Does it block?
https://www.bestfightodds.com
Thanks. Yep, blocked. I'd really to see a detailed breakdown of different outcomes. What's the line for Rose TKO? And does it have "TKO Cuts"?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Nierbo posted:

Hendricks is close to being the next Rashad.

yeah in that he's decided not to retire but he's going to 205

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Thanks. Yep, blocked. I'd really to see a detailed breakdown of different outcomes. What's the line for Rose TKO? And does it have "TKO Cuts"?

BFO doesn't have fight props. Rough guess would be Rose by TKO/KO/Sub +650ish

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I don't like watching Kowalkiewicz.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

vaginal facsimile posted:

Her fight against Esquibel was decent but it would've been a lot better if Jodie hadn't ran away for most of it

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Try bovada.lv or just use your phone while the work wireless is turned off, ya dingus.

We also have a betting thread that acts up around events. We like company.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CommonShore posted:

Rose was doing well staying on the outside and picking her shots, so of course she decided to walk into clinch range repeatedly where Karolina beat her up.

Rose and Pat are made for each other because they share a fight IQ.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Rose was doing well staying on the outside and picking her shots, so of course she decided to walk into clinch range repeatedly where Karolina beat her up.

Rose and Pat are made for each other because they share a fight IQ.

Oh poo poo I remember that now. I did see that. Yeah, Karolina won that, but it looked more like a "Better fighter tonight" thing than a "whole different league" kind of victory.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Skip My Posts posted:

i would say its important fights, which are usually against good fighters. but also can be against bad ones (carla)

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

vaginal facsimile posted:

Her fight with Inoue way back in Invicta is a really good fight with the worst loving crowd I've ever heard. It was in Iowa rather than Invicta's usual home of Missouri, and the crowd sat there is sullen, disinterested silence for the entire card. It was loving weird.

So, like, watch it, but have a small crowd in the room for ambience.

Thugrose has been kind of frustrating to watch and be a fan of. The talent is all there, as is the athletic ability, but gently caress she's a headcase and has a tendency to fight like a kid pressing all the buttons to see if they can get something to happen. The second Torres fight is a really good example, as she spend 15 minutes completely failing to capitalise on any of her numerous advantages over Tecia.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Southpaugh posted:

Yeah, Rose isn't going to get her to the ground, starting to feel like JJ is turning into MMMDMMJ, too dominant, lacking competition in the forseeable future. Womens flyweight when it happens I guess.

The only knock I have on JJ is my entirely subjective dislike of people who cut a ton of weight to be huge for their weight class, like featherweight Conor. I know JJ only fights at 115 because 125 wasn't an option, but it still bothers me to see someone beat someone who looks two sizes smaller even if they're objectively having a great performance against a challenging opponent.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The only knock I have on JJ is my entirely subjective dislike of people who cut a ton of weight to be huge for their weight class, like featherweight Conor. I know JJ only fights at 115 because 125 wasn't an option, but it still bothers me to see someone beat someone who looks two sizes smaller even if they're objectively having a great performance against a challenging opponent.

Just cuz Andrade and Gadelha are short doesn't mean they're atomweights. Kowalkiewicz has a large frame for the weightclass too.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If anything Andrade is the one who is "big" for the class. She had some good wins as a bantamweight.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Has Uncle Dana weighed in on Joanna being the second two division champ? I’m wondering if she would vacate for 125.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

JJ also fought Valerie LeTourneau, who can’t even make the 115 cut anymore.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Rose will win morally and also actually.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Joanna's going to annihilate her mercilessly.

Talking poo poo about Karolina Kowalkiewicz should be the same level as bad and wrong as talking bad about Hunt, Lawler and Condit. :colbert:

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
KK and JJ are both cool and I don't mean to poo poo on JJ's title reign other than saying her wins over former atom weights Esparza and Penne are cringy to rewatch

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Actually they own because Esparza and Penne are terrible

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fat Twitter Man posted:

KK and JJ are both cool and I don't mean to poo poo on JJ's title reign other than saying her wins over former atom weights Esparza and Penne are cringy to rewatch

Yeah but then her 2nd win over clearly-2nd-best-115-in-the-world Claudia Gadelha is a loving masterclass in TDD, pacing, timing and range dictation.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Third best.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
gently caress that's right I forgot Andrade mauling her. That was savage

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Memento posted:

gently caress that's right I forgot Andrade mauling her. That was savage

Joanna broke Gadelha and Andrade sent her into semi-retirement.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Andrade vs Kowalkiewicz is surely the #1 contender fight to make for 115lbs.

JJ vs KK wasn't especially competitive but KK had some moments later in that fight if nothing else. I don't believe anything's going to change if they rematch though.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

It's going to be interesting to see if the first 125 champion gets fed to Joanna right away or someone else gets a crack first. Andrade, Kowalkiewicz, or Valentina Shevchenko would probably make quick work of the TUF winner.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Esparza was never an atomweight.

Trast posted:

It's going to be interesting to see if the first 125 champion gets fed to Joanna right away or someone else gets a crack first. Andrade, Kowalkiewicz, or Valentina Shevchenko would probably make quick work of the TUF winner.

Yeah beyond those two the closest eligible contenders are the Markos/Grasso mess (neither has a chance), Calvillo (not ready), and Torres.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 27, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Valentina Shevchenko could make 125, she'd be an interesting fight for Joanna, considering her three Muay Thai victories over Joanna. There'd be a story to tell with that fight and it'd be interesting to see how much, if any, of that translates to MMA.

e: The line just after where I finished reading on Valentina's wiki page says she's stated she intends to move to 125, so I guess that answers towards her intentions.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 27, 2017

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I wouldn't be surprised if 125 is a trilogy between the two over the next couple years

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I feel like Valentina will be wayyyyy more powerful than Joanna. Thanks for listening thread.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Joanna was offering to take the place of Nunes when she was going to fight Shevchenko but dropped out. On like three days notice. Joanna wants a piece of her in an octagon bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Make it happen Dana.

Let Joanna keep the 115 belt even, should she beat Rose.

• Locked thread