Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeANMcBAY posted:

Just Dance 2018 got a release on 3 generations of Nintendo consoles. Wii, Wii U and Switch.

Should've found a way to get it on the 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

RMZXAnarchy posted:

How many stores even sell Wii games anymore? I never see them anymore unless they're in the bargain bins.

Lol my local Walmart still sells new Wii games (Mario kart and all stars at least). They also have brand new copies of the ps2 gta compilation.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I take a week off every year that I spend at a small beachside town about an hour up the coast and every year I've been the Walmart there has had the same sad old copies of Donkey Konga and Monster Hunter Tri at full price.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lol my local Walmart still sells new Wii games (Mario kart and all stars at least). They also have brand new copies of the ps2 gta compilation.

Walmart was selling Diablo 2 and Starcraft 1 war chests until probably not that long so and some quite possibly still do, unless they finally actually ran out of stock

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

hmmmmmm, getting that Wii version of Super Mario All-Stars might now be a worthy purchase now that I have authentic Super Nintendo controllers from the SNES Classic, to be played with on my Wii U

Really just a Frankenstein of a console now

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Funny you mention this. I had at Toys R Us a older couple wanting to order Just Dance 2017 for the Wii. We didn't have it, so I had to order it online for them. This thread is the only reason I knew it wasn't one of those dumb "do you have any Mario for the XBox" questions. And now they have a 2018!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why isn't that Mummy game out in the EU :colbert:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think it (and just dance) are Tuesday releases

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I think every walmart still has those.
My old Walmart before I moved had Samurai Warriors 3 and Metroid Other M... for full price. :cawg:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Can Wii Shop cards (like, for original Wii or "Wii mode" on a Wii U) be purchased anywhere? A family member expressed interest in Wii Shop games for her birthday and I'm not sure if there's any way to actually gift funds. Can like a generic Visa gift card be used to add funds, or does it get all finicky? I'm just assuming Nintendo never got PayPal working.

Wondering for myself too, since I'll likely want a few WiiWare titles on Wii U before the whole thing shuts down. I know it forces you into increments of like $10 or whatever but if I can just use my regular credit card that's okay.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Minidust posted:

Can Wii Shop cards (like, for original Wii or "Wii mode" on a Wii U) be purchased anywhere? A family member expressed interest in Wii Shop games for her birthday and I'm not sure if there's any way to actually gift funds. Can like a generic Visa gift card be used to add funds, or does it get all finicky? I'm just assuming Nintendo never got PayPal working.

Wondering for myself too, since I'll likely want a few WiiWare titles on Wii U before the whole thing shuts down. I know it forces you into increments of like $10 or whatever but if I can just use my regular credit card that's okay.

eShop cards apparently work fine in the Wii Shop Channel.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can't gift funds but I think you can gift the actual games

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Neddy Seagoon posted:

eShop cards apparently work fine in the Wii Shop Channel.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You can't gift funds but I think you can gift the actual games
Hmm, would this apply to U.S.? I found an article mentioning eShop cards on original Wii, but it only mentioned Europe and Japan specifically. And Amazon listings for eShop cards seem to have reviewers complaining that they couldn't use it on original Wii.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You can gift games from one Wii to another but you have to add each other with system-level friend codes or whatever the gently caress, it's a whole ordeal and it may not even work anymore. The easiest way to "gift" someone a game is to borrow their console and buy it for them directly.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Minidust posted:

Can Wii Shop cards (like, for original Wii or "Wii mode" on a Wii U) be purchased anywhere?

I don't know about purchased anywhere, but didn't they just announce like a month ago that they were shutting the wii eshop down soon, or the purchase of wii points or something?

Edit: "Nintendo will shut down the Wii Shop channel on January 30th, 2019" Ok, not so soon.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You can gift games from one Wii to another but you have to add each other with system-level friend codes or whatever the gently caress, it's a whole ordeal and it may not even work anymore. The easiest way to "gift" someone a game is to borrow their console and buy it for them directly.

I know it's not quite as good as buying them the game, but you can gift them an amount in eshop $ by scratching giftcards and writing the code in a note to them

They should just allow gifting though, they'd sell way too many games with that feature. I'd be giftin poo poo all the time

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Halloween sale started today in Europe. Highlights include Shovel Knight, Bayonetta 2, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Majora's Mask.

Lasts until next week.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Some of these sales are stingy as gently caress

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sudden Javelin posted:

Some of these sales are stingy as gently caress

Nintendo sales. Same old song and dance.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I like the Disgaea 5 sale that makes it about the same price as buying a physical copy.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Spellman posted:

hmmmmmm, getting that Wii version of Super Mario All-Stars might now be a worthy purchase now that I have authentic Super Nintendo controllers from the SNES Classic, to be played with on my Wii U

Really just a Frankenstein of a console now

Wait the snes classic controllers work on wiiu????

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

Wait the snes classic controllers work on wiiu????

i think you have to plug them into wiimote bottoms and play snes VC games

(the real cool mindblower is the wii u gamecube adapter working on the docked switch since the latest update, that is just great.)

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Mummy Demastered gets a thumbsup from me
I finished it in 5 hours with 89% of the items collected, so it's not a super long game, but it was a fun 5 hours full of cool music and high quality pixel art.

If you do play this game, be warned it doesn't seem very well optimized- after playing for a while (over an hour or so) you'll start to see some major framerate issues. Just close the game, restart and it will go back to running smoothly

When you die your body comes back as a zombie, and you respawn as another soldier with no upgrades and the default gun- so you have to hunt down your zombie to get all the upgrades back.
I got stuck in a pretty tough death loop, I died in a room with a very fast respawning enemy, and before I even get to the room he was in I had to get past a bunch of enemies that took half my health in one hit.
I ended up dying in that room trying to get my stuff back 5 times, so I had 5 zombies to deal with..
I can imagine dying in worse rooms too, you can probably screw yourself over almost to the point of a softlock so watch out for that too

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

.TakaM posted:

When you die your body comes back as a zombie, and you respawn as another soldier with no upgrades and the default gun- so you have to hunt down your zombie to get all the upgrades back.
I got stuck in a pretty tough death loop, I died in a room with a very fast respawning enemy, and before I even get to the room he was in I had to get past a bunch of enemies that took half my health in one hit.
I ended up dying in that room trying to get my stuff back 5 times, so I had 5 zombies to deal with..
I can imagine dying in worse rooms too, you can probably screw yourself over almost to the point of a softlock so watch out for that too

Oh man when they announced that feature I was wondering it was possible to create a pile of zombie soldiers after repeated failures.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
ZombiU did the same thing. All you have as the next random survivor is a handgun and whatever you left in the communal chest in the Safe Room. while your last character is roaming around where they died as a zombie with all their gear still on them. It's only good for the last survivor though, so you can't stack them around the entire game world or anything like that. You can also stumble across (copies of) other player's zombified characters too and claim whatever they had on them at the time of death.

Actually saved my rear end once when I got deep into a mission with minimal ammo and suddenly stumbled across a zombified player with an assault rifle and a shitload of ammo and explosives in their BoB.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Is Gonner any good? It looks kinda neat.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Is Gonner any good? It looks kinda neat.

It's a decent enough of a shootie bang bang platformer for that price. It's also hard.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mummy Demastered's biggest problem is how long it takes to get health back, I'm sure at one point I spent five minutes killing enemies and they only dropped like 3 +5hp blobs, at the very least it needs to not drop ammo when your guns are already full.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Mummy Demastered's biggest problem is how long it takes to get health back, I'm sure at one point I spent five minutes killing enemies and they only dropped like 3 +5hp blobs, at the very least it needs to not drop ammo when your guns are already full.

that's the sort of small attention to detail that makes Super Metroid hold up well.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Neddy Seagoon posted:

ZombiU did the same thing. All you have as the next random survivor is a handgun and whatever you left in the communal chest in the Safe Room. while your last character is roaming around where they died as a zombie with all their gear still on them. It's only good for the last survivor though, so you can't stack them around the entire game world or anything like that. You can also stumble across (copies of) other player's zombified characters too and claim whatever they had on them at the time of death.

Actually saved my rear end once when I got deep into a mission with minimal ammo and suddenly stumbled across a zombified player with an assault rifle and a shitload of ammo and explosives in their BoB.

I need to try that game; I do actually own a copy. I went to GameStop and bought two games (I forget which) and they had a "Buy three, get the cheapest one free!" promotion going so I picked that up as it literally cost me nothing.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases Oct 26, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BST for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Mutation Nation - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
MUTATION NATION is an action game released by SNK in 1992. Humans turned into mutants by the hands of a genius biologist have gone on a rampage. To save their hometown, two youths rise up to resist. Battle with courage using full action combos along with 6 special moves.

Just Dance 2018 - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (out Oct 24 NA / Oct 27 EU)
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Whether you're a party starter, a dancer in the making, or a seasoned pro, get ready to turn up the volume and unleash your inner dancer with Just Dance® 2018!

Moon Hunters - $14.99 / £9.99 / €14.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
When the moon does not rise over Issaria, monsters infest the land and cause chaos. You must set out alone or with the other chosen children of the Moon to solve the mystery and restore balance. You have only five days before King Mardokh and the Sun Cultists declare war. Multiple playthroughs uncover characters, conflicts and decisions. Each of the five tribes responds differently to the crisis and looks for different qualities in their heroes.

Splasher - $14.99 / £12.99 / €14.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Splasher is a 2D platformer with unique arcade-style action gameplay, set in a crazy cartoon universe. Stand up to Le Docteur – the paint factory's evil boss – and save the Splashers. Your prodigious paint cannon grants you colorful superpowers. Put your skills to the test and face whatever the factory throws your way.

Super Mario Odyssey - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (out Oct 27, Pre-purchase/Pre-load available!)
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Explore incredible places far from the Mushroom Kingdom as you join Mario and his new ally Cappy on a massive, globe-trotting 3D adventure. Use amazing new abilities—like the power to capture and control objects, animals, and enemies—to collect Power Moons so you can power up the Odyssey airship and save Princess Peach from Bowser's wedding plans!

Time Recoil - $13.99 / £11.99 / €13.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Time Recoil is a top-down shooter where you kill to slow time, experience amazing slow motion gunfights, and trigger spectacular special moves. Your mission is to save the world from Mr. Time, a time manipulating mad scientist turned evil dictator. Shoot, dodge, and dash through his evil empire guns blazing and unleash your super powers!

Violett - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (out Oct 26 NA / Oct 25 EU)
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Dragged by her parents, a young and rebellious teenage girl, Violett, moves to an old spooky house in the middle of nowhere. Forced away from her friends and life in the city, she imagines how boring life in the countryside will be: spending day after day, bored in her room with absolutely nothing to do. But what she cannot imagine, is that in just a few moments, she'll have the adventure of her life.

Zombie Gold Rush - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
ZOMBIE GOLD RUSH is a shooting game where you get in various cars and earn gold by destroying zombies one after another.

WiiU
Just Dance 2018 - $59.99 / £39.99 / €49.99 (out Oct 24 NA / Oct 27 EU)
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Whether you're a party starter, a dancer in the making, or a seasoned pro, get ready to turn up the volume and unleash your inner dancer with Just Dance® 2018!

3DS
Worcle Worlds - $9.99 / £7.99 / €8.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Worcle – short for "Words in a Circle" – is a new puzzle game from Lightwood Games. Shoot balls into the circle to make words. Create words of three or more letters to clear the balls but watch out for the swirling vortex! Don't let the circle fill up or you'll get sucked in and it's game over. Clear the circle completely for bonus points or create cascades of words for high scoring multipliers. Journey through 10 unique game worlds, each with their own rules and letter mixes.

New 3DS
Halloween Night Archery - $1.99 / £1.79 / €1.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Test your skills and play this Halloween themed archery game. You can choose from 2 game modes with 3 variants. In Classic mode your task is to reach the highscore with 10 arrows from 5,10 or 15 meters, In the arcade mode you have 30,45 or 60 seconds to beat your highest score. Do you have what it takes to be the best archer?

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 26, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Mario Odyssey

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Super loving Mario!!!!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Super Mario Odyssey

This.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You forgot to list just dance 2018 for Wii

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You forgot to list just dance 2018 for Wii
It's not available digitally on the Wii.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Worth pointing out that Odyssey is able to be preloaded, for anyone thinking about buying digitally. Will unlock at midnight EST I believe.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Worth pointing out that Odyssey is able to be preloaded, for anyone thinking about buying digitally. Will unlock at midnight EST I believe.

if you are willing to jump thru sum hoops, u can also buy the jp eshop version that's already unlocked and playable in English. wish I had.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hizke posted:

if you are willing to jump thru sum hoops, u can also buy the jp eshop version that's already unlocked and playable in English. wish I had.

It was hard enough getting the money for the Seiken Densetsu Collection, so I think I'll pass. There's enough Odyssey content to keep a guy occupied all day today anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Alxprit posted:

It was hard enough getting the money for the Seiken Densetsu Collection, so I think I'll pass. There's enough Odyssey content to keep a guy occupied all day today anyway.