Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I can't login either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Yo, is that loot drop booster thingie a 'starts once you login' kind of deal? I'd wait until my weekend begins and skip today's Sorties, if so.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Yo, is that loot drop booster thingie a 'starts once you login' kind of deal? I'd wait until my weekend begins and skip today's Sorties, if so.

Starts when you read the mail, which opens automatically on login so it might as well be on login.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
They run in real-time, right? Even if I'm not logged in?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Yeah, that's why I was asking. Thanks Nalesh!

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Elmon posted:

Can you post how long your affinity booster is after this?

49d 0h, but I already had an active, about two weeks old 30-day booster, and got a couple of them before I left, too. I think I got about 7 or 8 times three days' worth. I made 1,608,750 credits off of the vectises, wyrms and latron BPs I sold.

I also passed 3k starbursts :v:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nickiepoo posted:

I now have more sentinel slots than sentinels that will ever exist.

You can have 10 different carriers forma'd for 10 different builds!

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Nalesh posted:

It's been extended to nov 2nd.

Also speaking of which, Peewi is it possible for you to do something to force a different amount of default tabs on reload? Like doing http://brackethouse.dk/wf/30 or http://brackethouse.dk/wf#30 for example? page crashes sometimes at higher(40+) number of streams and when reloading it goes back to 2.

I had not thought of doing that, but I added it.

You can now do http://brackethouse.dk/wf/#20

I also made a change that should fix it sometime breaking.

Treser
Sep 2, 2013

It's not supposed to be safe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can have 10 different carriers forma'd for 10 different builds!

Carriers are for noobs. Gotta go with the Helios!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Peewi posted:

it doesn't work for me.

e: Typing doesn't work but if you hit the arrows it'll load more than the 2 streams.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
CHROME IS EATING MY RAM! IT'S EATING MY RAM ALIIIIIIVEEEE!

But hundreds of fireworks are too much to resist.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Peewi posted:

Sexy. Been rock solid at 40 streams, gonna go for 50 tonight and see what happens. Need more fireworks.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

kxZyle posted:

If there's an inbox cap, it's pretty high.

Funs over. :(
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/867806-psa-twitch-drops-system-change/?tab=comments#comment-9125917

quote:

Hey Tenno,

For those of you who have been participating as a viewer or a streamer in The Great Eidolon Twitch Drops event, Twitch recently implemented a change to Twitch Drops that you should know about :

To quote from the most recent iteration of Twitch's official How to Earn Drops page, “your chances of receiving a Drop do not increase by having multiple streams of the same game open simultaneously”.

You can read more about Twitch Drops here: https://help.twitch.tv/customer/en/portal/articles/2754380-how-to-earn-drops

Interested in learning more about Warframe's Twitch Drop campaign, the Great Eidolon Hunt? You can receive Drops simply from watching your favourite Warframe caster until Nov 2! Full details are available in our news post: https://www.warframe.com/news/the-great-eidolon-hunt

Cheers,
[DE]Taylor

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

bound to happen at some point

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I got my frost skin so I'm already set :smug:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Potato alert up

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm shocked that it didn't work like that from the getgo.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I think this was the first 'twitch drops' event where it could be abused like that.

Before the Warframe thing, drops were mostly used for things like big events or tournaments where there was only one stream anyways so they didn't run into this problem.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

S.J. posted:

I got my frost skin so I'm already set :smug:
Got that and the Prime sniper and all that. I never ever have to watch a Waframe stream again!

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
The thing is if the twitch drops were based on drop/time and only one stream people would still orkanpile someone but as it was based on achievements things got dumb. I have 4+ frost helmets that will forever be in my inventory now.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
2 Wyrms, some random items I dont know what to do with, and innumerable fireworks.

No gun, no helmet, no skin :(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess i'm done with twitch unless i can catch a weebology stream.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Weebology became a twitch affiliate in 5 days because of this event.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

How are people building/using Gara? Nothing seems to particularly click for me. I mean I guess getting 90% damage resist is pretty sexy, but this is hardly a Nidus/Octavia sort of situation for me so far.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
So, since I only have around 9 each of "nintain extract", "oxium", "neurodes", "forma blueprints", and only 2 "ayatan cyan star", I'm assuming these are rare/useful?

What do I do with them?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tulip posted:

How are people building/using Gara? Nothing seems to particularly click for me. I mean I guess getting 90% damage resist is pretty sexy, but this is hardly a Nidus/Octavia sort of situation for me so far.

You can use vitrify as basically a better (but limited duration and more energy-hungry) version of snowglobe. It creates a giant wall that enemies can't walk or shoot through but allies can. Jump up in the air before casting it to make the wall higher.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's energy hungry, but not so much that you can't recharge with energizing dash before it ends. keeping it up 24/7 is trivial.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

She has some interactions so using her as just "Snowglobe but better" feels unsatisfying, but I guess it works.

Annath posted:

So, since I only have around 9 each of "nintain extract", "oxium", "neurodes", "forma blueprints", and only 2 "ayatan cyan star", I'm assuming these are rare/useful?

What do I do with them?

Nitain (aka Alertium), Oxium, and Neurodes are used as crafting components. You're right that they're fairly rare. Nitain is used less than the others (because it's newer), but you should basically always have an eye out for those.

Forma blueprints are, unsurprisingly, used to craft Forma. Forma can also be used as a crafting component for a few things (mostly clantech stuff, such as Ignis, the flamethrower), but it's also used to "polarize" a mod slot on a piece of equipment (aka "forma"). This changes the 'polarity' of the slot (whether it has a V, D, -, =, etc). If you install a mod that has the same polarity as the slot, the mod costs half as much. This means that with proper use of forma, you can massively increase the total capacity of a weapon or frame.

Ayatan Stars (cyan and amber) are picked up mostly from crates and lockers. They can be converted to endo or used for some decoration related stuff.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tulip posted:

She has some interactions so using her as just "Snowglobe but better" feels unsatisfying, but I guess it works.

You can also do this:

Soothing Vapors posted:

I was just watching AGGP's new Gara video and apparently if you shatter your glass wall while you're outside of it, it buffs the damage of your Splinter Storm significantly. Like why is that not in the ability description, why do I have to watch the world's most annoying youtuber to learn basic poo poo about my robotmans

The damage is based on your lash damage which scales with your melee mods, and each time you cast vitrify it refreshes the duration of splinter storm. Also, the damage bonus stacks multiple times! So you could spend some time buffing it up and then run through a level killing everything by rubbing your face on it while never touching your guns.

I don't know how good that strategy is but it would at least be funny.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can also do this:

The damage is based on your lash damage which scales with your melee mods, and each time you cast vitrify it refreshes the duration of splinter storm. Also, the damage bonus stacks multiple times! So you could spend some time buffing it up and then run through a level killing everything by rubbing your face on it while never touching your guns.

I don't know how good that strategy is but it would at least be funny.

OK, that's what I was looking for.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Yeah. Since AGGP put out his video I have been having a blast with Gara just shattering walls onto myself and running around while my shield shreds everything

Also when you are stuck in a pubbie hydron with two banshees and an equinox, it is really nice to be able to make them (mostly) immortal

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Annath posted:

What do I do with them?

What Tulip said earlier.

The forma blueprints are not re-usable like some others are. 1 blueprint = 1 forma, so worth running alert missions that reward one.

Also, Ayatan stars - ideally you plug those into Ayatan sculptures, which you get via weekly mission from Maroo (or very rarely just lying around), and then trade the star-filled sculpture in for tons of endo. After admiring how shiny and hypnotic they are...

Or just sell the the stars to her for less endo, but still a decent amount.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Every non-glyph decoration removes that much more glyphs from being on every square inch of your ship's interior!

I worry about how many I have left to plaster myself.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
The Amazing Eternals, aka Keystone, DE's other game in development, has officially been 'suspended' (i.e. cancelled). All founder pack purchases are being refunded.

I wasn't in the beta, but all footage from it was of a PvP hero shooter like Overwatch, but with some kind of weird board game element. It had a retro 50s sci-fi theme. About all I know about it. From the text, it sounds like they didn't get the founder interest they needed, and figured it would just be too hard to break into a really crowded market. What I saw from closed beta implied at least several million had already been spent on development, and likely quite a few people hired, so that kind of sucks for them - though I guess I'm glad that they didn't just decide to shove an incomplete garbage product out the door anyway, as at least half the studios on the market would have done.

I guess in a sense, Warframe managed to get traction without a publisher for a variety of factors, but a big one had to be that it filled a niche that didn't really exist for F2P games on Steam. There were a few other coop PvE shooters, but none quite like this, with long-term character advancement and all. Keystone, though, would have been trying to break into the pure PvP shooter market, which you can't go two clicks on Steam without one being shoved in your face.

edit: It's kind of hilarious, though, that Keystone's big competition, Overwatch, was itself cobbled together from the assets of an abandoned MMO

Coldbird fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 27, 2017

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I had alpha or beta access, can't recall, from going to Tennocon, but I didn't play at the time because my computer couldn't run it at any kind of decent level. From all accounts of people I know who did try it, it was a mess in terms of gameplay and generally just not really very fun relative to expectations set by Warframe.

I feel bad for them but I mean, them's the breaks.

I will say I think it was a total waste of the aesthetic to do a hero shooter, I was really hoping for something more like Bethesda or Bioware when I saw the promo material and then was immensely disappointed.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they were really, absolutely trying to push uphill with putting out yet another of those kinds of games with how things are right now. sucks to hear, but, whatever.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yeah. Since AGGP put out his video I have been having a blast with Gara just shattering walls onto myself and running around while my shield shreds everything

Also when you are stuck in a pubbie hydron with two banshees and an equinox, it is really nice to be able to make them (mostly) immortal

I just did some Katamari Mode on Hydron, and it appears that insofar as shield scales with melee, it ignores Reach and Fury, which logically means it ignores the penalty for Spoiled Strike. How do skills interact with Rivens? I know they ignore syndicates.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Tulip posted:

How do skills interact with Rivens?

They don't.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

The wiki says shattered lash actually takes riven damage into account. Its the only one I know of that works that way though.

Looks like ignoring speed, crit, and status and just loading up all damage and elemental mods is the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

The wiki says shattered lash actually takes riven damage into account. Its the only one I know of that works that way though.

Looks like ignoring speed, crit, and status and just loading up all damage and elemental mods is the way to go.

I'm doing PPP, Auger Strike, Sundering, Spoiled, and 4x elemental. If it takes into account rivens then welp.