Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

xiansi posted:

Also, Ayatan stars - ideally you plug those into Ayatan sculptures, which you get via weekly mission from Maroo (or very rarely just lying around), and then trade the star-filled sculpture in for tons of endo. After admiring how shiny and hypnotic they are...

Or just sell the the stars to her for less endo, but still a decent amount.

Or, more optimally, make goofy robots on your ship with them.

Helter Skelter posted:

I've yet to burn a sculpture for the endo, and have instead been just piling them in front of my arsenal for giggles/weird perspective fuckery:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Are the common +health and +shield mods good ones to max out?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

S.J. posted:

Are the common +health and +shield mods good ones to max out?

Yes, especially when you are starting out. You will probably be using at least one of them on a frame 90%+ of the time as a vet too

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Maybe it was a bad idea trying to do a level 100 rifles-only sortie mission when my only rifle was an unpotatoed boltor with space for 3 mods.

Somehow I leeched my way to victory off of a team of pubbies on the first try, though. At some point I ran out of ammo (it took something like 60 shots to kill a single corpus dude), so I resorted to just being an immovable object on the control point spamming Bless and Link and using void blast to interrupt enemies who tried to hack the panels.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Yes, especially when you are starting out. You will probably be using at least one of them on a frame 90%+ of the time as a vet too

Sick, that's what I was hoping to hear.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Typically I pick either shields or health and go with one of those mods. Both is usually overkill outside of a few specific situations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

randombattle posted:

Typically I pick either shields or health and go with one of those mods. Both is usually overkill outside of a few specific situations.

I typically have 2 defensive mods, and if two of them are redirection and vitality, so be it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I usually only run Vitality because of the dumb EHP meta.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

That’s a shame. Now we should keep an achievement stream open, I guess? Is Weebology still the to-go streamer for that?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
If I keep a twitch window open, will a stream start automagically when the streamer logs on, or do I have to refresh?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I have no idea, but I use this autorefresh plugin to be safe.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
So you now only get the rewards from a single steam even if watching multiple? Booooo

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Shields are bad because warframe shields don't have resists, unlike enemy shields (also the sheer volume of tox and slash procs in high level content makes ignoring health a no go even if shield tanking was good)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Shields seem good if you have DR, like Gara, and terrible otherwise

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

Shields seem good if you have DR, like Gara, and terrible otherwise

They are good on a frame like harrow. But his whole gimmick is overshields with on demand healing/invulnerability so that's not something that extends to other frames.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Coldbird posted:

The Amazing Eternals, aka Keystone, DE's other game in development, has officially been 'suspended' (i.e. cancelled).

Awww man, this is sad to hear. Here, have some fan art I did for it:

It's a real shame because the game had a fair bit of character to it, but alas, it was pretty obvious on the release of Plains of Eidolon that the community as it stood just didn't have legs.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

As I understand it the entire Amazing Eternals team has been moved to Warframe, which is in my mind a net positive.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I never heard of Amazing Eternals before, but it looks super cool from the video I just watched. That's a shame.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I played three matches of Amazing Eternals and it felt very bland. It was fine and the deck system was unique, so maybe I am not the target audience for that game.

I also played the "Survived By" alpha (another DE game) for a day. Are we allowed to talk about that? I have some thoughts.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
So do you low shield guys tend to just full palm slap down a healing pizza when needed or don't find it a problem even at high levels?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Lord Wexia posted:

I played three matches of Amazing Eternals and it felt very bland. It was fine and the deck system was unique, so maybe I am not the target audience for that game.

I also played the "Survived By" alpha (another DE game) for a day. Are we allowed to talk about that? I have some thoughts.

I think that one's still under NDA, so nae. It looks like Rogue Legacy mixed with Realm of the Mad God. Accurate?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nickiepoo posted:

So do you low shield guys tend to just full palm slap down a healing pizza when needed or don't find it a problem even at high levels?

We use a combination of Hirudo, Shield Charger, Frames that can heal, and Lifestrike.

Most of the time you're absolutely fine.

I really only get downed if I'm doing something dumb on sorties 2-3 or using Zarr

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Nickiepoo posted:

It's a little hard to explain but you either mitigate damage with powers or your try to avoid it with mobility. After doing that you shouldn't be taking huge chunks of health damage and then medi-ray kicks in and tops off the missing HP.

Or you just bring a healing furis/life strike melee weapon.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Kokoro Wish posted:

I think that one's still under NDA, so nae. It looks like Rogue Legacy mixed with Realm of the Mad God. Accurate?

If it was made in 1994, played on MS-DOS, and downloaded via AOL keyword search.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Guardian is also an excellent way to add shields on the cheap. It's effectively double shields with a relatively short cooldown. I honestly don't like Shield Charger that much. The buff is so small and the recharge boost so short that I didn't find it useful and just went back to Medi-Ray.

I've also been experimenting with Quick Thinking on my Harrow and it seems to be alright. You're very vulnerable to poison if that's your only defensive mod, though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part of me really wants de to design a warframe that's basically the opposite of nidus and inaros and is pretty much just 100% shields, with maybe has a passive to lessen the effects of certain statuses and the like that would completely destroy such a thing

with how they've done so well with gara and other recent frames i trust them to make something cool

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

kxZyle posted:

That’s a shame. Now we should keep an achievement stream open, I guess? Is Weebology still the to-go streamer for that?

http://brackethouse.dk/wf/#1

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Speaking of this (and all the other new things since I last played, just after Second Dream), oh god, Tonkor does self damage now?!

Welp, that was fun while it lasted.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
As a vaykor marelok wielding volt running around with almost 3000 shield, I say shields loving own, and vaykor proc takes care of any damage that goes through easily. :v:

Also, I really wanted a vectis prime from this event and it never dropped, until today. So of course, today I got 4, and then when I went to equip one I saw I already have it :cripes:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

part of me really wants de to design a warframe that's basically the opposite of nidus and inaros and is pretty much just 100% shields, with maybe has a passive to lessen the effects of certain statuses and the like that would completely destroy such a thing

with how they've done so well with gara and other recent frames i trust them to make something cool

I remember hearing somewhere they wanted to add shield gating, ie a short invulnerability time between when your shields break and you start taking health damage. I can see a shield tanking frame work by manipulating that mechanic.

It would be cool to get a corpus type frame since we got an infested one.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think some kind of almost ethereal, wisp-like theming for a frame would do well with going all shields. maybe take some inspiration from djinn or something along those lines.

this is all a pipe dream anyways, so whatever.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Truga posted:

As a vaykor marelok wielding volt running around with almost 3000 shield, I say shields loving own, and vaykor proc takes care of any damage that goes through easily. :v:

Also, I really wanted a vectis prime from this event and it never dropped, until today. So of course, today I got 4, and then when I went to equip one I saw I already have it :cripes:

Fuckin lol

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Truga posted:

Gosh, 4 free weapon slots sounds like a terrible burden

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Wouldn't a Huge-Shield-Tiny-Health frame have to basically be immune to slash/tox procs, though? Loka hitsquad would staple their rear end to the wall just by spawning.

I still don't understand why you can get slash procced through your shield in the first place.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

My atomos hits like a wet fart, how do I fix this?!

Edit: Also I was trying to buy a primed point blank a while ago from a kind goon but didn't have the credits. I do now but I forgot your name, I'm the government in game, hmu if you still have one for sale :negative:

Xun fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 27, 2017

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

The results of my 5 day holiday haul

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Rainuwastaken posted:

Wouldn't a Huge-Shield-Tiny-Health frame have to basically be immune to slash/tox procs, though? Loka hitsquad would staple their rear end to the wall just by spawning.

I still don't understand why you can get slash procced through your shield in the first place.

Don’t question it it’s the only thing that makes aug shield sorties bearable

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Rainuwastaken posted:

Just make the frame literally all shields, no health.

Slash procs don't affect shields so no problems there. Magnetic procs on the other hand

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I'm actually quite surprised they haven't tried using protoshields or an alternative health type on a warframe. Nidus could totally have been some form of infested flesh rather than normal, and why not protoshields instead of normal shields on a shield-heavy warframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Just make the frame literally all shields, no health.

Slash procs don't affect shields so no problems there. Magnetic procs on the other hand

it's why i specified a passive that would lessen the effects of certain statuses