Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Warrior drew so poorly his hate speech tour got cancelled after three dates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

Warrior drew so poorly his hate speech tour got cancelled after three dates.

Warrior drew so poorly the last issue of his comic couldn't afford color.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Warrior drew in his first run with the WWF. Vince wouldn't have brought him back otherwise. His second and third run, not so much.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Mel Mudkiper posted:

if the Warrior at the height of his popularity wasn't a draw who the gently caress was

Lemme tell ya something, brother!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

His farewell was surprisingly short as well.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

grack posted:

Warrior drew in his first run with the WWF. Vince wouldn't have brought him back otherwise. His second and third run, not so much.

He drew right up until he was champion, then he flopped hard.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Late to Trevor Lee chat but he is champ of his home promotion, CWF Mid-Atlantic, and his title run is, to my taste, the hottest thing in all of wrestling. He's a hometown hero babyface, very different than how he works everywhere else. It started with him winning the title in a 105 minute match that got enough votes to make the MOTYC list here.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm kind of sad that we never got to see what TNA would have done with Warrior.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Randaconda posted:

He drew right up until he was champion, then he flopped hard.

Yeah, having an unstoppable superman champion doesn't work so well when you've had one for the past five years who's squashed every contender so there's nobody for him to face.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Absolutely nothing like all the major people? Or Hogan would have squashed him to prove he was the bigger man in a worse rematch then the wcw one?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Defiance Industries posted:

Yeah, having an unstoppable superman champion doesn't work so well when you've had one for the past five years who's squashed every contender so there's nobody for him to face.

It works fine if you have the right guy.

grack posted:

Or he was really desperate and was willing to try anything. Warrior flopped on top and had to be replaced. In 92 Hogan needed to go away due to the steroid scandal so he decided to bring Warrior back since he wouldn't have Hogan. Then in 96 he was willing to try anything. As a B house show attraction Warrior did OK, as a main event level draw? No, he did not. But sure, Vince would never keep going back to something that failed, he's not extremely stubborn or anything like that.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 27, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

If I remember correctly WWA was in talks to bring in Warrior, and if that happened he probably would have ended up in TNA after WWA folded. His run in either of the two companies would likely be an extended run with the world title defended in one minute matches followed by Ultimate Warrior-style shoot promos.

They'd probably keep him until Hogan arrives for one more rematch, brother.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 27, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

flashy_mcflash posted:

A really uncomfortable feud with Orlando Jordan.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
My mind is boggling at the idea Vince wouldn't bring a guy back if he wasn't a draw. He tampered with Sid's WCW contract, promised him the WM 8 main event with Hogan a year in advance when Sid had no history as a draw. Then when Sid pulled a Sid he brought him back two years later, Sid pulled another Sid in 96 only to be brought back again when Warrior bailed on them and got the title during that run. Hell there might be more evidence that Sid moved business in the mid 90s than Warrior!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

C. Everett Koop posted:

His farewell was surprisingly short as well.

that's because he couldn't draw a breath at that point.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Did anyone watch the show last night? The first time IMPACT did the format they've been circling around a little while:

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/923654318292574208

They aired Eddie Edwards vs Marufuji from earlier this month from NOAH (clipped). It was a bit of a self-own as it was the best match IMPACT has aired this year.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Impact has been circling around something alright

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Gavok posted:

yeah but he did get to gently caress santa

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The show also Sami Callihan coming in as reported by Meltzer a little while back

https://twitter.com/jeremyborash/status/923714362744950785

I don't know how Sami can work IMPACT and work New Japan - even if his participation with is something as "part time" as World Tag League.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I dropped by my parent's place this evening to pick up a couple of things and the were watching Impact. They are in their late 60s.

Should I be worried :ohdear:?

bartok
May 10, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

My mind is boggling at the idea Vince wouldn't bring a guy back if he wasn't a draw. He tampered with Sid's WCW contract, promised him the WM 8 main event with Hogan a year in advance when Sid had no history as a draw. Then when Sid pulled a Sid he brought him back two years later, Sid pulled another Sid in 96 only to be brought back again when Warrior bailed on them and got the title during that run. Hell there might be more evidence that Sid moved business in the mid 90s than Warrior!

There was that brief period in 1996 when Sid was insanely over as a face. Don't know if that run put butts in the seat but the crowd response was amazing and Sid had some of the best matches of his career.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Absolutely nothing like all the major people? Or Hogan would have squashed him to prove he was the bigger man in a worse rematch then the wcw one?

There were other major people, but Hogan had already beaten them decisively, and then Warrior beats Hogan decisively, soooo...

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

They added the promotion that Vince Russo was writing for, Rocky Mountain Pro, to the TNA Network.

https://twitter.com/MercuryYaden/status/923430749663096832

https://twitter.com/THEVinceRusso/status/923564849610629120

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I don't know how GFW managed to make something even sadder than old TNA shows on a free-to-stream service like Pluto TV, but by God they did it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

grack posted:

I dropped by my parent's place this evening to pick up a couple of things and the were watching Impact. They are in their late 60s.

Should I be worried :ohdear:?

I mean, you haven't renounced them as your parents yet so there's that

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryYcyt8FPlg

Why does nobody talk about this bizarre bit of TNA history?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Testekill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryYcyt8FPlg

Why does nobody talk about this bizarre bit of TNA history?

Because that is not as bizarre as making Mick Foley your world champion, which happened on that very same PPV.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Did anyone watch the show last night? The first time IMPACT did the format they've been circling around a little while:

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/923654318292574208

They aired Eddie Edwards vs Marufuji from earlier this month from NOAH (clipped). It was a bit of a self-own as it was the best match IMPACT has aired this year.

The Asylum loons are pretty salty about doing this two weeks out from Bound For Glory when it doesn't build for the PPV at all, but it's an interesting format that would probably be legit compelling in the hands of someone competent.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

btw it should be noted those Rocky Mountain Pro tapes were so insipid the local access channel they were to air on cancelled them 2 episodes in.

That’s gotta be a record.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

btw it should be noted those Rocky Mountain Pro tapes were so insipid the local access channel they were to air on cancelled them 2 episodes in.

That’s gotta be a record.

ESPN cancelled Van Talk after 1.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
coconono's account isn't accurate. The station was Christian owned and the episode Russo wrote had a retrograde sleazy backstage catfight and a bunch of other stuff from the Russo play book.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

coconono's account isn't accurate. The station was Christian owned and the episode Russo wrote had a retrograde sleazy backstage catfight and a bunch of other stuff from the Russo play book.

also they were terrible.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNA pulled in 231K viewers last night while the Young and the Restless lead in got 508K.

Also Reno Scum was let go from the company.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

bartok posted:

There was that brief period in 1996 when Sid was insanely over as a face. Don't know if that run put butts in the seat but the crowd response was amazing and Sid had some of the best matches of his career.

He got a huge face pop at Survivor series 96 but I wonder if that was more due to Shawn's reign imploading at the time.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SatoshiMiwa posted:

He got a huge face pop at Survivor series 96 but I wonder if that was more due to Shawn's reign imploading at the time.
I've always assumed it was due to Shawn, especially since it was an MSG crowd

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eli Wiggum posted:

I've always assumed it was due to Shawn, especially since it was an MSG crowd

Austin got his first real big babyface style pop at that show too, though Bret was still clearly 100% face. It was a clear sign (that the WWE actually listened too) that it's eternal chase of the next Hogan style face wasn't working out

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNA pulled in 231K viewers last night while the Young and the Restless lead in got 508K.

Also Reno Scum was let go from the company.

lol that Reno scum guy has a BFG poster

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol that Reno scum guy has a BFG poster

They're a tag team. Used to be GFW champs so not a surprise if Jarrett is totally gone

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Thought Reno Scum had a terrible, off-putting look for national TV.

Apparently, a bunch of releases were made Thursday and names will filter out in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Even before that when Sid returns to replace Ultimate Warrior in a multi-man tag match for an In Your House PPV he is getting insane pops. The crowd goes apeshit during Sid's match against Vader. I want to say was a #1 contenders match and billed as the Battle of the Powerbombs despite the fact that there was no way Sid was going to be able to lift Vader up.