Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Zand posted:

yeah ping wifi bars are one of the worst parts of new era vs mode gaming when pings were standard for well over a decade before pc gaming started to get consolized. Its a shame they are here to stay and I don't understand where the data for the ping bars is coming from if not from p2p... wouldn't this mean they are basically meaningless?

Here's where I was getting that information from:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fightcade/comments/794y6o/some_issues_with_fightcade_2_ui/

quote:

This is more of a backend issue so I don't know the specifics, but the main reason is that ping calculation is p2p in the old fightcade and we use an alternative method in the new one. Only the gameplay is p2p now. One of the backend guys will soon write a more detailed explanation on our Discord for those interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parachute
May 18, 2003
why should i buy

quote:

(Buy GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR- (+DLC Characters) + REV 2 All-in-One (does not include optional DLCs)

over the $15 XRD/$22 deluxe editions?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

The 15 and 22 dollar ones don't include Rev2.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Rev 2 on the playstation store for ps4 is also on sale for the next week.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

MechaX posted:

Holy hell why is Yuzuriha so hard to play despite how I like her the best

they made her a lot easier in ST, so look forward to that when it comes out in eng "late 2017"

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Parachute posted:

why should i buy

over the $15 XRD/$22 deluxe editions?

Rev 2 is like Ultra SFIV sort of (???), where it adds new characters and overwrites the save and Steam profile listing of Rev 1, anything players had unlocked in Rev 1 is still there in Rev 2 and you can switch back to Rev 1 mode to play with Rev 1 people. When you turn it on in Steam it still just says Revelator, but if you don't have Rev 2 you just have Rev 1.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I think this is correct, for future reference

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
What a loving mess.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

playstation all star battle royale 2 just got leaked

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Oh good, the sony hunger games are back.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Steam version of Xrd still has a bug where you won't be able to see 90% of the lobbies on PC.

Why is hasn't even been acknowledged is absolutely beyond me. Most people aren't going to bother to find workarounds like I had to.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Figuring out which bundle to buy and how to find matches is part of learning the game!!!!!!!!!!

opening the test is part of the test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
back in my day you had to find lobbies in REAL LIFE, they were called arcades

if you can't even find a lobby fighting games aren't for you you should go play stuff like mobas and cods :smug:

wait where are you going there's no one around to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Dias posted:

back in my day you had to find lobbies in REAL LIFE, they were called arcades

if you can't even find a lobby fighting games aren't for you you should go play stuff like mobas and cods :smug:

wait where are you going there's no one around to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy

You can come play with me :o) Your friendly neighborhood Smash player

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Steam version of Xrd still has a bug where you won't be able to see 90% of the lobbies on PC.

Why is hasn't even been acknowledged is absolutely beyond me. Most people aren't going to bother to find workarounds like I had to.

Woah wait, really?

I had no idea this was a bug, I thought it was just that there were only 5 or so lobbies running when I was searching for them.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Woah wait, really?

I had no idea this was a bug, I thought it was just that there were only 5 or so lobbies running when I was searching for them.

It depends on your router.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/520440/discussions/0/154643795212590424/

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Reiley posted:

You can come play with me :o) Your friendly neighborhood Smash player

You're cool as gently caress Reiley.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
picked up gg & will try to play a little after work today before the world series

thanks for sharing this

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
https://gematsu.com/2017/11/arc-system-works-establishes-north-american-branch

yay

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its weird that like 90% of the responses are people asking for dubs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hire me arcsys-sama

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Real hurthling! posted:

hire me arcsys-sama

this but unironically

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

In Training posted:

I mean, I still want my CF dub.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

In Training posted:

Is it really?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I miss the dubs for Axl and Bedman. That's about it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
caRACass raid

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

They should just add subs for everything.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Capcom is looking for a new PR person for Street Fighter: https://twitter.com/tigresaa/status/925895269018845184

I feel like their standards for employment are way higher than they should be: https://uscareers-capcom.icims.com/jobs/2263/sr.-pr-manager/job

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Okay, so who besides Seth Killian would fit the criteria of having deep connections with the FGC and esports, and have 6 to 8 years of PR experience?

Actually screw it, have FChamp apply

In Training posted:

Nah, Central Fiction needs that dub.

Xrd not so much.

MechaX fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 2, 2017

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BattleTech posted:

Capcom is looking for a new PR person for Street Fighter: https://twitter.com/tigresaa/status/925895269018845184

I feel like their standards for employment are way higher than they should be: https://uscareers-capcom.icims.com/jobs/2263/sr.-pr-manager/job

- must be willing to destroy your reputation for under six figures

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BattleTech posted:

I feel like their standards for employment are way higher than they should be

this is every job

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

They should just add subs for everything.

I would legit accept this as a compromise. I just want to know what's happening on the screen since there are always a TON of unique dialogs in BB games.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

BattleTech posted:

i should apply and use this opportunity to overturn my ban at evo, then idk what id do after that that job sounds miserable

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
here lies pomp
peperony and chease

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MechaX posted:

Actually screw it, have FChamp apply

Ugh, flashback of this year's Evo and that MvCI presentation and FChamp trying to fake excitment and surprise.

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

HAVE COURAGE PLAY ST MODE

In Training posted:

These people will buy the games, but they ain’t gonna play em

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Bitch Twinkles posted:

These people will buy the games, but they ain’t gonna play em

English Axl is a billion times better than Japanese Axl and that's an objective fact. :colbert:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jack Trades posted:

English Axl is a billion times better than Japanese Axl and that's an objective fact. :colbert:

hmmm

legendary voice actor keiichi nanba, who had major roles in such classics as touch, hokuto no ken, captain tsubasa, and sailor moon as well as voicing andy bogard for most of the kofs or illidan

tough choice

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cant hate andy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Smoking Crow posted:

hmmm

legendary voice actor keiichi nanba, who had major roles in such classics as touch, hokuto no ken, captain tsubasa, and sailor moon as well as voicing andy bogard for most of the kofs or illidan

tough choice

The answer is Illidan because Liam O Brien is a loving legend too, you dork