Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
0ppr flex

Cooper @Buf
Thielen @Cle (London)
Coleman @ NYJ

Already starting Freeman as my RB1 if that makes a difference. Cooper seems to be ranked highest of the three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Kroft's role as the new Tyler Eifert + the Bengals are gonna live in the red zone versus the 49ers offense is garbage + Kittle-Beathard wasn't as big a connection as advertised has me going towards Kroft in this one.

I may have been a bit too quick in renaming my team Kittles and Wentz.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

AnacondaHL posted:

Tate's not out (yet), it's Golladay that is out.

On the other hand, bad weather warning for central East Coast games (SF @ PHI, ATL @ NYJ, DAL @ WAS) so lower expectations accordingly.

As such:

Mack, and be sad about it.

Jones, and pray that PIT gets greedy for sacks and gets you a 4/50/0 out of him.

from the weather warning above, Rivers slam dunk.

Is the weather supposed to be that bad? It says it will likely rain, but it still should be warm?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Most of the real bad weather seems like it will hit after Sunday's games have concluded. If you have two equal QBs or WRs you could use the weather as a tiebreaker for lineup choices, but I wouldn't do anything too drastic.

https://rotogrinders.com/weather/nfl

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Pain of Mind posted:

Is the weather supposed to be that bad? It says it will likely rain, but it still should be warm?

I mean, it is a named tropical storm. It depends on how it reacts after the initial Sunday rainfall, which is where projections are diverging. I've seen Buffalo's forecast range from 30% precip down to 6% and now back up to 40%, but yes it'll be warm.

Certainly the 3 central East Coast games I mentioned should be considered risky plays. Like I'm dropping Jake Elliot vs SF to stream Kaimi Fairbairn @ SEA because of all this. And thank goodness Stefon Diggs has a chance at some points otherwise I'd be forced to run Garcon @ PHI. Conversely, I'm now hyper expecting (and needing) Carlos Hyde to carry me this weekend with like 20 points.

If you're a true gambling addict you'll be awake before the London game kicks off anyways, so if you really have a coin-toss decision you'll have time to go with a weather-based plan B.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Pick 2:
Derek Carr @ Buf
Deshaun Watson @ Sea
Matt Ryan @ NYJ

I'm sitting Ryan right now since he's the one who has sucked the most recently.

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
0.5 PPR Espn, need to pick a Flex

Mixon vs Ind
Hopkins @ Sea

Honestly leaning Mixon right now

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Kinfolk Jones posted:

Mixon vs Ind
Hopkins @ Sea

Hopkins. Seattle D is good, but Sherman won’t cover Hopkins on both sides of the field. Didn’t Mixon piss off his coach too? Plus Lewis is still starting Hill over Mixon for some dumb reason.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Normal scoring, need a 3rd WR. Which side of this matchup do I take?

JuJu Smith-Schuster (PIT @DET)
Golden Tate (DET vs. PIT)

I could also start Joe Mixon over Frank Gore, but the post above this seems to suggest that's a bad option.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Zero_Grade posted:

I could also start Joe Mixon over Frank Gore, but the post above this seems to suggest that's a bad option.

Bad either way, just run Tate and be happy if you get 7 points (PPR). If 0PPR go for JuJu.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
1 PPR league, who should I start in my flex?

Garcon at Philly
Brate vs Carolina
Dion Lewis vs Chargers

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
Full PPR

Bench 1

Demaryius Thomas @KC
Doug Martin vs CAR
Kelvin Benjamin @TB
Alshon Jeffery vs SF
Lamar Miller @Sea

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

smoothitron posted:

Full PPR

Bench 1

Demaryius Thomas @KC
Doug Martin vs CAR
Kelvin Benjamin @TB
Alshon Jeffery vs SF
Lamar Miller @Sea

I'd probably sit Thomas with the way the Denver offense is trending at the moment.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

Mikey Purp posted:

Pick 2:
Derek Carr @ Buf
Deshaun Watson @ Sea
Matt Ryan @ NYJ

I'm sitting Ryan right now since he's the one who has sucked the most recently.

I'd bench Carr

Kinfolk Jones posted:

Mixon vs Ind
Hopkins @ Sea

Hopkins, not close to me.

Zero_Grade posted:

Tate + Gore.

ColdBlooded posted:

1 PPR league, who should I start in my flex?

Garcon at Philly
Brate vs Carolina
Dion Lewis vs Chargers

Garcon gets more targets but Brate would be fine too if you want to avoid the rain. Dion Lewis only averaging a catch a game this season and splitting time with a zillion other dudes.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Still going back and forth for a late flex

T. Hill v DET
A. Abdullah v PIT

NFL.com 0 PPR, Have Hill in at the moment. Main slots were Hunt/Miller and Julio/Agholor

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Alright folks, emergency Sit/Start time.

I'm down 8.6 points. My league is usual PPR rules, but with 1.5 points per catch for Tight Ends. I have on my roster:

A.J. Derby (Denver TE)
Albert Wilson (Kansas City WR)

Wilson is averaging about 8.5 per game, but Denver's DBs are all very good but he's probably the third or fourth receiving target behind Hill, Kelce and Hunt, so he could see a lot of play if they don't focus on him too much.

Derby has an inherent advantage of getting an extra half-point for each reception, which means three catches would only need to go for 11 yards between them and I'd have the points needed. Virgil Green started the year off getting more play, but in the last three games, Derby has had a touchdown and has 11 catches on 15 targets and is averaging 10+ points since week 4.

I currently have Derby in my lineup, because of his performance over the last few weeks and I'm not looking for a home run, but does anyone think that if they were in this situation, they'd start Wilson?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

Alright folks, emergency Sit/Start time.

I'm down 8.6 points. My league is usual PPR rules, but with 1.5 points per catch for Tight Ends. I have on my roster:

A.J. Derby (Denver TE)
Albert Wilson (Kansas City WR)

Wilson is averaging about 8.5 per game, but Denver's DBs are all very good but he's probably the third or fourth receiving target behind Hill, Kelce and Hunt, so he could see a lot of play if they don't focus on him too much.

Derby has an inherent advantage of getting an extra half-point for each reception, which means three catches would only need to go for 11 yards between them and I'd have the points needed. Virgil Green started the year off getting more play, but in the last three games, Derby has had a touchdown and has 11 catches on 15 targets and is averaging 10+ points since week 4.

I currently have Derby in my lineup, because of his performance over the last few weeks and I'm not looking for a home run, but does anyone think that if they were in this situation, they'd start Wilson?

Starting Derby wouldn’t be derp-y. Good luck.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
e: wrong thread

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Who would you start this week? 1PPR

Fitzgerald vs. KC
Tate at GB

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Brownhat posted:

Fitzgerald vs. KC
Tate at GB

Fitz plays the Niners.

Him.

He's gonna get like 12 catches for 150 yards and 2 scores. It's gonna be a goddamn bloodbath

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Brownhat posted:

Fitzgerald vs. KC
Tate at GB

Uhh...Drew Stanton is the Arizona Quarterback. Tate is the safer better play.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

AnacondaHL posted:

Uhh...Drew Stanton is the Arizona Quarterback. Tate is the safer better play.

counterpoint

Here is the week 1 49ers defensive depth chart. Red means they're gone, on IR or already declared out. Aaron Lynch & Reuben Foster are questionable.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Spoeank posted:

Fitz plays the Niners.

Him.

He's gonna get like 12 catches for 150 yards and 2 scores. It's gonna be a goddamn bloodbath

Do you think Fitz will be pretty viable ROS or would a good performance against the Niners be a good time to sell high and get out of Dodge?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

on the bored wop posted:

Do you think Fitz will be pretty viable ROS or would a good performance against the Niners be a good time to sell high and get out of Dodge?

I'd say it's too soon to tell, it depends on how they use him. In the past they've had Stanton basically funnel the ball to Fitz the same as Palmer. In Stanton starts, he takes a ~2 point hit in PPR, but that was with a better offense around him. If you can sell him for draft day Larry Fitz I absolutely would, but if you can't, it doesn't seem as though it would be the end of the world.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I'd say it's too soon to tell, it depends on how they use him. In the past they've had Stanton basically funnel the ball to Fitz the same as Palmer. In Stanton starts, he takes a ~2 point hit in PPR, but that was with a better offense around him. If you can sell him for draft day Larry Fitz I absolutely would, but if you can't, it doesn't seem as though it would be the end of the world.

I already know I can get Chris Thompson or Carlos Hyde for him (and it is 1 PPR). I might wait to reevaluate after the game this weekend.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

on the bored wop posted:

I already know I can get Chris Thompson or Carlos Hyde for him (and it is 1 PPR). I might wait to reevaluate after the game this weekend.

I might take two in the hand and go for Chris Thompson now if you're RB needy.

Hyde is gonna start losing snaps to Breida and dropped at least two passes sunday. Cutting Hoyer and trading for Jimmy G was the white flag

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Spoeank posted:

counterpoint

Here is the week 1 49ers defensive depth chart. Red means they're gone, on IR or already declared out. Aaron Lynch & Reuben Foster are questionable.

I mean even with all that, GB's corners has been just as bad. Stafford has been proven to be PPR-friendly.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I might take two in the hand and go for Chris Thompson now if you're RB needy.

Hyde is gonna start losing snaps to Breida and dropped at least two passes sunday. Cutting Hoyer and trading for Jimmy G was the white flag

I don't know that I'm RB "needy" but the fact that Kareem Hunt's scores keep getting lower has me concerned. Beyond him I have Aaron Jones, Duke Johnson, and Tarik Cohen (had to drop Gore and Darkwa to cover byes)(yes, I gave in and played a D/ST after all, and still lost by a point even though it was the Chiefs D/ST).

After typing that out I am starting to feel RB needy. I do have waiver claims in on a few, notably Collins, but my FAAB is starting to run low.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

AnacondaHL posted:

I mean even with all that, GB's corners has been just as bad. Stafford has been proven to be PPR-friendly.

the 49ers have four CBs on their active roster. One has already been ruled out Sunday (K'Waun Williams), one is an over the hill street free agent (Leon Hall), one is third rounder (who might actually be good but is a goddamned string bean who will be destroyed by Fitzgerald) (Ahkello Witherspoon) and one is not good (Dontae Johnson).

I think the answer might be "you can't lose"

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

My flex feels like a real tossup this week. Pick one in .5 ppr.

Frank Gore @ Hou
Alshon Jeffery vs Den
ASJ vs Buf
Derrick Henry vs Bal

I feel like Gore has the highest floor, Henry has the highest upside, Jeffery will probably get shut down but catch a 2pt conversion, and ASJ will catch 5 passes for 20 yards.

Frustrated fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Nov 1, 2017

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Frustrated posted:

My flex feels like a real tossup this week. Pick one in .5 ppr.

Frank Gore @ Hou
Alshon Jeffery vs Den
ASJ vs Buf
Derrick Henry vs Bal

I feel like Gore has the highest floor, Henry has the highest upside, Jeffery will probably get shut down but catch a 2pt conversion, and ASJ will catch 5 passes for 20 yards.

I’d be fine with Gore or ASJ. He can’t catch 4-yard passes forever.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
The vicissitudes of fate have made this choice a lot sadder than I thought. .5 PPR Pick one:

Hilton @Hou
Adams v Detroit
Lockett v Was

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

HPPR, pick 2

Baldwin vs wa
Fuller vs Ind
Cooper @mia

Pastor Travis
Jun 5, 2008
Need three WR and a Flex, .5 PPR.

Landry vs. Oakland
D. Thomas @ Pittsburgh
M. Jones Jr. @ Green Bay
R. Anderson vs. Buffalo
D. Funchess vs. Atlanta
N. Agholor vs. Denver
P. Richardson vs. Washington
C. Thompson @ Seattle

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Ben Nevis posted:

The vicissitudes of fate have made this choice a lot sadder than I thought. .5 PPR Pick one:

Hilton @Hou
Adams v Detroit
Lockett v Was

Hilton

Chernabog posted:

HPPR, pick 2

Baldwin vs wa
Fuller vs Ind
Cooper @mia

Baldwin. Fuller or Cooper are coin flips for me. Leaning Cooper but honestly they are too close and I would just go with your gut.

Pastor Travis posted:

Need three WR and a Flex, .5 PPR.

Landry vs. Oakland
D. Thomas @ Pittsburgh
M. Jones Jr. @ Green Bay
R. Anderson vs. Buffalo
D. Funchess vs. Atlanta
N. Agholor vs. Denver
P. Richardson vs. Washington
C. Thompson @ Seattle

Landry
Demaryius
Funchess

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Forgot to cover Brady's bye and now my options are basically all the same. Terrible.

Brissett @ HOU
Dalton @ JAX
Eli vs LAR
Cutler vs OAK
Bortles va CIN

I suppose it doesnt matter much.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

By this point Fuller vs an atrocious Indy secondary is all aboard unbenchable until this train crashes into a fiery metal pile of wreckage, choo chooo

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

AnacondaHL posted:

By this point Fuller vs an atrocious Indy secondary is all aboard unbenchable until this train crashes into a fiery metal pile of wreckage, choo chooo

Yeah, claiming Fuller and Cooper are close at all is hilarious.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, I was leaning fuller anyway. TY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

.5 PPR filtered to the top 10 most accurate experts for the year but yeah live your life

• Locked thread