Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ZenMaster posted:

They've done it.

They've actually done it.

They ran a convention with such an overwhelmingly dull presentation with so little content and 99.9% dreams and buttsmoke that I can't complete a new video discussing it.

There is nothing to talk about. I might as well review a 10FTC where Chris just talks nonsense for an hour.

I am flabbergasted and have nothing further to say on the matter.

Take the audio from a video on "How to attain REM/Control Your Dreams" and splice it over the Citizencon presentation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why are the letters on PRESS TO RELEASE all hosed up

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Take the audio from a video on "How to attain REM/Control Your Dreams" and splice it over the Citizencon presentation.

Two hours of binaural beats followed by subliminal messaging about being the little guy if you don't get on the ship ladder, followed by 'sounds of the abbatoir', then a further two hours of binaural beats.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

History Comes Inside! posted:

Chris pressed it.
Also see: That cake

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ZenMaster posted:

They've done it.

They ran a convention with such an overwhelmingly dull presentation with so little content and 99.9% dreams and buttsmoke that I can't complete a new video discussing it.

There is nothing to talk about. I might as well review a 10FTC where Chris just talks nonsense for an hour.

Just reupload the entirety of the presentation and title it with the following :

"A presentation designed for those suffering difficulty in falling asleep quickly".

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Don't make fun of cerebral palsy, rear end in a top hat.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Here's a suitable substitute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4QCWsPrNSI&t=8s

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sabreseven posted:

Just reupload the entirety of the presentation and title it with the following :

"A presentation designed for those suffering difficulty in falling asleep quickly".

"Can't sleep? WATCH THIS!"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Chris pressed it.

There is a urinal cake in the office mensroom at my work that has been worked over for about a week, it has a cleaner cut in it than SC's "Birthday" cake, it's almost perfectly and cleanly halved, I reckon I should reward the worker responsible for having such a fine aim and steady hand? I feel I should really.

CR's toilet must have more piss on the floor than in the porcelain.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

ZenMaster posted:

They've done it.

piss

fritzgryphon
Jul 15, 2017

by Lowtax

Those stick-on letters are notorious for falling off bumpy surfaces.

They could have put a strip of tape over them to secure them but this is clearly better.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

What an efficient and effective archive.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

Chris pressed it.

Don't forget the Intel guy wiping his hands off after shaking hands with Chris onstage.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Golli posted:

Don't forget the Intel guy wiping his hands off after shaking hands with Chris onstage.

Ok, this needs a link.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Since reddit-bot didn't post a screenshot of the comment I assume it never actually happened. Confirm/Deny?

Citizens making up stories about "even goons" mocking Derek for this one specific thing is kinda sad. It's OK guys, goons mock Derek for all kinds of things over here, join the party. We have cake and Chris got nowhere near it.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Redundant posted:

Since reddit-bot didn't post a screenshot of the comment I assume it never actually happened. Confirm/Deny?

Citizens making up stories about "even goons" mocking Derek for this one specific thing is kinda sad. It's OK guys, goons mock Derek for all kinds of things over here, join the party. We have cake and Chris got nowhere near it.

It was literally me. OSC was so funny. They ain't lying. Good archive tho.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ok, this needs a link.

I guess I fell asleep and dreamed it, because I don't see it on the official youtube.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Golli posted:

I guess I fell asleep and dreamed it, because I don't see it on the official youtube.

:(

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I hope this screenshot means they have their own version of Mirificus, screen grabbing posts and pasting them in so we can also be laughed at and mocked from afar.

It’s really not fair that only we have a Mirificus here. That joy should be shared by all. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

That’s him, running out of the wheelchair!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://giant.gfycat.com/WeeklyAlertAntarcticfurseal.mp4

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Okay, fess up, which one of you started the new astroturfing campaign early?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

lmao

this is brilliant

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Calling the SPCA right now! drat cat hater I KNEW IT!

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Spiderdrake posted:

As if CIG wouldn't put in a pvp slider that can only be manipulated with swipes of your credit card.

$10 for 24 hours of pvp protection for small ships.
$50 for 24 hours of pvp protection for medium ships.
$100 for 24 hours of pvp protection for large ships.

It also prove the game isn't pay to win because bigger ship have more upkeep.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Codezombie posted:

Now with added Fidelatay

I’m trembling!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Okay, fess up, which one of you started the new astroturfing campaign early?

Hahaha-

I mean, er.. looks like a totally legitimate post! Definitely not a post targeted at the middle aged male with a wife and kids who may be thinking “I probably shouldn’t buy this because theres just not much here, and my wife would never understand, and this would lead to a fight...”

The only thing that would be better is another thread about a guy very similar to this except he kept the purchase a secret!

That way you can cover the whole gamut of potential spenders! You know what to do, CIG!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Watching the cake cutting really demonstrates why they've had so much trouble delivering a vertical slice of Sq42.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Wait is there some kind of controversy about this?

OSC magically appeared one day dropping 10,000 word posts and Derek couldn't stop talking about how amazing and insightful this one singular guy was while spamming links to his posts for weeks.

I thought the joke all along was how it was obviously Derek.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

VictorianQueerLit posted:

OSC magically appeared one day dropping 10,000 word posts and Derek couldn't stop talking about how amazing and insightful this one singular guy was while spamming links to his posts for weeks.

They think its this vast conspiracy that includes reddit admins.

On a lighter note Touchdowntim is the best redditor.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Only took a week but I finally caught up with the thread.

This post brought to you by Intel Optane.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mirificus captures the effects of his fantastic work!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I think for me the joke is more that it's considered such a huge issue by /r/ds. We get reports any time OSC posts in the refunds subreddit about how it's blatantly a Derek alt and we should ban him, and my answer is always "So what?" because Derek was never banned from /refunds for an infraction, so in terms of the refunds sub he's not "evading" anything. Moreover, subreddit moderators don't have any real way of doing alt-checks other than submitting a message to the admin team and hoping maybe they respond. It's an admin-level problem and I know for a fact OSC has been reported to them multiple times for being a Derek alt, so if they haven't done anything yet :shrug:

They treat it like it's a heinous crime to have an alt account and that's funny to me because half of them shitpost on refunds with alt accounts, like that Evil_Merlin dude.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

What does your heart tell you?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

:vince:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:lol:

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

I think the best part of the Star Citizen Scam finally collapsing is that a large number of nerds will stop psychotically obsessing over Elite Dangerous being THE ENEMY and instead maybe shut up and enjoy the game that delivers on many of Chris Roberts promises.

I'm sure there will always be people that refuse to play it because it dared to exist opposite of Star Citizen and ten years from now at any mention of Elite Dangerous they will scoff and go into a rage filled tirade about "Polygon Tacos" or whatever but I think that will be a small minority.

ED might see a nice boost once thousands of people stop saving themselves for space marriage.

I dunno I'm optimistic at heart so it would be nice to see all the millions of dollars and thousands of players go toward an actual company with a proven product they continue to develop instead of a stammering idiot with a modded Crysis map promising the literal matrix to fools.

If frontier spends 2018 working on gameplay things might get interesting in Elite.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Titanic posted:

I’m trembling!

I'm king of the moons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

SomethingJones posted:

lmao

this is brilliant

He can't slice cake, he can't throw, he can't compose a coherent sentence, he can't code, he can't speak without his arms and hands going into spasms, he can't manage, he can't run a company without crashing it into the ground... he's a physiological marvel.