Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Simplex posted:

Because it's the Browns I think there is a very good chance there is some highly dysfunctional poo poo going on. Like Hue Jackson is running around trying to make deals, but the front office isn't signing off on them.

I was like, no one is dumb enough to let Hue in on trade talks after Carson Palmer. But then I saw the supposed offer and....yeah this makes a lot of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

The front office trying to thwart Hue would put a hell of a twist on them clocking out at 5 yesterday

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you think about it, if they out cameras in the Browns offices that would be an infinitely more watchable Browns experince than the one on the field.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Greatest Hard Knocks ever.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I'm looking forward towards the browns having the same kind of turn around the Rams are having. I feel like you have to try to be so futile or at least have extremely bad luck. A decent coach could get that team at least 4 wins!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Browns need to hire an actual decent President and GM with actual football experience and success

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Browns need a new owner

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The Browns need to be disbanded, sold, and remade with a favorable expansion draft.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Eli Wiggum posted:

This. Nobody competent is coming to work for the Haslams.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

King Hong Kong posted:

The Browns need to be disbanded, sold, and remade with a favorable expansion draft.

They tried that before but without the favorable expansion draft. The rules were changed because Carolina and Jacksonville were too good too early, can't have that!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

They tried that before but without the favorable expansion draft. The rules were changed because Carolina and Jacksonville were too good too early, can't have that!

Which is funny since Carolinas success came through free agency and the regular draft.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FizFashizzle posted:

Which is funny since Carolinas success came through free agency and the regular draft.

Hey, nobody knew Mark Brunell was actually a fairly decent quarterback!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I just looked at the Browns expansion draft, looks like they got some decent offensive linemen and ????

Also poor Orlando Bobo

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Randaconda posted:

Hey, nobody knew Mark Brunell was actually a fairly decent quarterback!

The Pack was fairly high on him in the early 90's because he ran whatever Holmgren called and Favre didn't really get his poo poo together until like '95 or so, if i'm recalling Gunslinger correctly right now. Just not enough to not let him leave for Jacksonville.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Eli Wiggum posted:

City of Cleveland

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SKULL.GIF posted:

City of Cleveland

The NFL prevents group ownership :negative:. Packers got grandfathered in.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
LeBron should buy it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Former NBA greats buying a team in a different sport seems to work. Just ask Magic Johnson.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
LeBron will be living all the way in LA next year, he doesn't have time for Cleveland sports.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

seiferguy posted:

Former NBA greats buying a team in a different sport seems to work. Just ask Magic Johnson.

Counterpoint: Magic Johnson is a loving retard.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

^I can't tell if you're a Lakers fan or if you've read literally any single one of his tweets

Lebron is secretly one of the smartest people in the world. He's legitimately the one person who could fix the Browns.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 1, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

pubic works project posted:

Counterpoint: Magic Johnson is a loving retard.

:thejoke:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

^I can't tell if you're a Lakers fan or if you've read literally any single one of his tweets

Lebron is secretly one of the smartest people in the world. He's legitimately the one person who could fix the Browns.

Are you directing this to me? I'm most definitely not a Lakers fan (Pacer fan here) and I hate Magic.

LeBron would be a good owner. As long as he doesn't bring Wade with him lmao.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
LeBron would hire the right people and let them run everything. He is really good at business. No idea if he'd be good at running a sports team, but why not?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm trying to think of the Browns biggest achievement since coming back, and I think it's the Peyton Hills Madden cover.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That or inexplicably going 10-6 with Derek Anderson

E: There's also clinching a Wild Card spot in 2002 and choking away a huge lead on the Steelers in Pittsburgh

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eli Wiggum posted:

That or inexplicably going 10-6 with Derek Anderson
10-6, and not even making the playoffs. There's like a 15% chance of that occurring.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shyduck posted:

10-6, and not even making the playoffs. There's like a 15% chance of that occurring.

Could have been a 1% chance and the Browns would have still found a way to miss

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

shyduck posted:

In addition, I think Derek Anderson's 2/17 23 yards 1 INT game walking away with a win is pretty impressive in its badness.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

shyduck posted:

I'm trying to think of the Browns biggest achievement since coming back, and I think it's the Peyton Hills Madden cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmNuY11vaxs

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Best Browns moment was Kelly Holcomb throwing for over 400 yards in a playoff game... that they lost to the dang steelers

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'd pick LeBron over Magic anytime to run the Browns, because he at least as an idea of what protection is.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
how does anyone hate magic johnson

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
he gave me AIDS

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

a neat cape posted:

He's the quintessential Lakers fanboy but with the power and influence to actually act on the stupid ideas.

Magic the player is cool as hell and anyone who asserts otherwise can kiss my rear end.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Just read Magic's basketball tweets

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

purkey posted:

Best Browns moment was Kelly Holcomb throwing for over 400 yards in a playoff game... that they lost to the dang steelers

This is quintessential browns https://youtu.be/-HdhS2jIuHI

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Just read Magic's basketball tweets

Or watch The Magic Hour

e: Please do not watch The Magic Hour, people.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shyduck posted:

Peyton Hillis actually provided like one of my two favorite BB moments.

He beat the Patriots almost singlehandedly when they could not stop him for less than seven yards a carry. It was just man football, and the Patriots couldn't stop it.

Bill went to Peyton directly after the game to shake his hand.

The other BB moment was of course the Wildcat game where he freaked out because he knew exactly what to do to shut it down but couldn't possibly install a new defense mid game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Magic was cool as a player. He's a total retard now though. He was as bad as Bill Simmons on ESPN and reading his tweets will make you stupider. He also totally tampered with Paul George so his AIDS-havin' rear end can gently caress off.

yeah I know PG wasn't staying in Indiana.

• Locked thread