Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Sunshine89 posted:

:confused: I must be missing something in that.

Dog #3 can't cope with depression, hops back into his ragtop 1968 Plymouth Fury, and the cholo dogs become sad too?

They're a couple of his close friends. I think the implication was that they were hoping he was going to be able to pull it off, but nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Sunshine89 posted:

:confused: I must be missing something in that.

Dog #3 can't cope with depression, hops back into his ragtop 1968 Plymouth Fury, and the cholo dogs become sad too?

Also they are cats and it was a 1965 Galaxie, the car from Peel-Out Summer.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Not really funny unless you are familiar with the characters, I think.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Biplane posted:

Not really funny

Could have ended it there. Achewood has had like three chuckle-worthy jokes in it's entire run.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Could have ended it there. Achewood has had like three chuckle-worthy jokes in it's entire run.

This is definitely stdh. Achewood was great.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The strip with Lil Nephew sagging his pants so low that he had belted individual pants onto each of his legs still gives me uncontrollable giggles. Achewood is awesome (or was at least awesome in the mid-late '00s).

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I still don't think I understand the motorcycle going over the mountain strip.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Garrand posted:

I still don't think I understand the motorcycle going over the mountain strip.

Dude jumped Mt everest on a motorcycle, what's not to get?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'm not gonna take this sass from someone with an overwatch avatar

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Zelder posted:

I'm not gonna take this sass from someone with an overwatch avatar

It's a goddamn good Overwatch avatar, though. And yeah, the pants-sagging one was pretty funny, but most of Achewood felt like that thing where everyone pretends to get the joke so they don't embarrass themselves and nobody realizes that nobody else gets why the gently caress it's supposed to be funny.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It's a goddamn good Overwatch avatar, though. And yeah, the pants-sagging one was pretty funny, but most of Achewood felt like that thing where everyone pretends to get the joke so they don't embarrass themselves and nobody realizes that nobody else gets why the gently caress it's supposed to be funny.

I hope your next lootbox... contains a sense of humor!

*canned laugh track plays*

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I genuinely enjoyed all of Achewood.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm not going to argue that everyone should agree with me. I just think that Achewood is terribly unfunny except for a few good jokes, and the characters aren't particularly compelling, so I can't really even bring myself to give a drat about any storylines.

It's just dull and the humor is very inside-joke-y.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Welcome to the wild world of webcomics, I guess?

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Biplane posted:

I genuinely enjoyed all of Achewood.

That's because you have a good sense of humor.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Wow, it's been a good couple years since I've seen an Achewood derail. Really takes me back.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It's just dull and the humor is very inside-joke-y.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Nice job owning yourself, idiot. Just because you can't understand a joke doesn't mean the rest of the room doesn't.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

burexas.irom posted:

To reach Mordor, my friend Frodo, you must first traverse Something Awful: a country entirely made up of the weirdest hills to die on.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Nice job owning yourself, idiot. Just because you can't understand a joke doesn't mean the rest of the room doesn't.

I get jokes! :mad:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

you are a joke.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Those with boobs used THEM to clap...

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Hi. Um.. We'd like to, um... measure your boobs.
:j: Why?
:science: For SCIENCE!
:j: Oh well, that's fine then.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

This has happened to me once. The part where I've printed my research paper with wrong settings, not handing it in.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

quote:

I like to think this did happen and the mother responded by showing zero self awareness about using electronics.

'My child is so woke, they aren't interested in social media and can think for themselves.' *posts it to social media*

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

TheMostFrench posted:

I like to think this did happen and the mother responded by showing zero self awareness about using electronics.

'My child is so woke, they aren't interested in social media and can think for themselves.' *posts it to social media*

lmao

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

It says iPod!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what exactly they are trying to do with the information they supposedly gathered?

"Our conclusion? Big boobs weigh more! :science:"

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I like the implication of the teacher not noticing a bunch of students getting back-alley mammograms in the classroom

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

We "calculated the mass" uhhhh

You stuck a tiddy on a scale my dude you ain't calculate poo poo

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Paladinus posted:

This has happened to me once. The part where I've printed my research paper with wrong settings, not handing it in.

Did you have one of those fancy printers with tiny tiny paper too?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

walrusman posted:

Did you have one of those fancy printers with tiny tiny paper too?

No. But when you want to cheat at a chemistry exam, you print your notes with nine pages on one A4, cut them, and hide all over your body.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Saw this on the Freep thread from a few days back and had to share:

quote:

To: Wolfie

Here in PA, the Wolfe Administration is spending millions to provide overdose kits to police. The police use them to revive people who overdose.

So now the kids have “overdose parties”, knowing the police will come and save them.

“Where’s The Money?” It’s in the saving from not buying overdose kits.

6 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:02:36 GMT-0700 (PDT) by airborne (I don't always scream at the TV but when I do it's hockey playoffs season!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

We "calculated the mass" uhhhh

You stuck a tiddy on a scale my dude you ain't calculate poo poo

Hey, you KNOW they had to show their work!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

This is my sister every day on Facebook

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

DariusLikewise posted:

This is my sister every day on Facebook

:sever:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
No sane person needs that many sliced cucumbers.

I call that picture as baloney and fake sentiments!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

Littered Thoughts All Over The Place
BIZARRE, GERMANY, HEALTH & BODY, SUPERMARKET | RIGHT | NOVEMBER 7, 2017
Customer: “Excuse me? This is a bit embarrassing, but could I exchange this?” *points at a bag of cat litter* ” I really just bought it; it’s totally fine.”

Employee: “Um, well… I don’t think it’s an issue. Did you need another brand?”

Customer: “Yes! It’s for my baby, actually.”

Employee: “I’m sorry. Did you–“

Customer: “Oh, Lord, no! Sorry, I’m so sorry! I need diapers. See, there is a thing called pregnancy dementia, and obviously, it’s got me. I needed something for the poo and got mixed up. I know I should make a list, but I forgot the list and this is so… Sorry!”

Employee: “No, no, that’s okay. I’ll just return this, and it’s fine, really.”

(She thanks the poor girl profusely and pulls out her phone, which features a cat as screen saver.)

Customer: “S***! Hold on! We have a cat! Of course! I needed the litter and diapers!”

(She was handed the bag of litter and left, excusing herself over and over. Diapers? Nowhere to be seen.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libandano Urfam
Apr 23, 2010

The STDH is that there is anything more to life than literally sitting your rear end down on electronics. Just sitting there.