Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I heard today that IMPACT considered reverting back to a four sided ring this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RealNickAldis/status/926558482127613954

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

There goes the NWA Invasion :smith:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

sbaldrick posted:

I wonder if I just showed up tonight they would let me in.

Sure, but they might make you wrestle a match.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I wonder how much it would cost a random wrestler on the street to buya TNA title? Like $100, $50?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

EVOLVE's Brandon Tollie is one of the new referees. So not everyone is local.

https://twitter.com/RefTolleWWNLive/status/927289024120795136

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I wonder how much it would cost a random wrestler on the street to buya TNA title? Like $100, $50?

Is Don West involved

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Apparently, IMPACT will use Le Tabarnak De Team (TDT) this week a really good under the radar tag team who are hampered by their location and stuff.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

rovert posted:

I heard today that IMPACT considered reverting back to a four sided ring this week.

they cannot afford the two extra ringposts

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I bet some backyard fed is giving away their old ring on craigslist.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
On the bright side I hope this means SPEEDBALL makes his way to my television at some point

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
You know, Its been buried under everything else, but let's take a moment to appreciate that this show is called "bound for glory"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
New indie guys coming into TNA are getting low balled: $200 per night, no trans or no hotel included. Unless you live in Ottawa you are losing money on the deal realistically.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

rovert posted:

New indie guys coming into TNA are getting low balled: $200 per night, no trans or no hotel included. Unless you live in Ottawa you are losing money on the deal realistically.

What's Mike Levy doing in the impact zone????

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

rovert posted:

Apparently, IMPACT will use Le Tabarnak De Team (TDT) this week a really good under the radar tag team who are hampered by their location and stuff.

Two great guys. I hope they do well.

Theyre hampered by the fact that theyre primarily french speaking dudes and are slowly on their way to the kevin owens way of speaking english

stab fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 6, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

wrong thread

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

Two great guys. I hope they do well.

Theyre hampered by the fact that theyre primarily french speaking dudes and are slowly on their way to the kevin owens way of speaking english

Aren't they students of Kevin's?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Aren't they students of Kevin's?

No kevin worked out with guys hes never really trained anyone..just consulted/workshops i guess?

Also dont expect them at the PPV lol i have better sources than rovert on that one lol

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

stab posted:

No kevin worked out with guys hes never really trained anyone..just consulted/workshops i guess?

Also dont expect them at the PPV lol i have better sources than rovert on that one lol

Where did I say there were on the PPV?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

rovert posted:

Where did I say there were on the PPV?

It was a joke scoopmaster calm your tits

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tyson Dux is in for the tapings too.

Hope he gets an Eric Young chant.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So wait is tonight King Mo's wrestling debut?

5 years later?

:lol:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839668

It's beginning soon!

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
How much you wanna bet Impact tries to pay people in Canadian dollars?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

rovert posted:

They would probably be better off getting room and transport covered and getting paid in exposure, jesus

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
this ref is no older than 14

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

man I never get tired of flippy poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

We received a question regarding why every Impact Wrestling referee opted out of the company. The word that has made the rounds is that the company offered a number of them a payday greatly reduced from what they usually received, which started the domino effect when the Hebners requested releases instead. There was talk that Jack Doan was reached out to work the PPV as a referee, but we haven't confirmed he's actually going to do so. It's expected all the refs will be locals.

In the wake of what happened with the referees, there has been some concern among wrestlers that they will be asked to renegotiate deals to take lesser money at some point over the course of this week's tapings. Everyone is aware of how deep the cost-cutting is, with talents who aren't needed for the PPV not even being brought in until whatever taping date they are needed. There are some talents who are working just a few taping dates before being sent home, which likely means, at least in the case of top talents, a lot of material filmed out of sequence.

The company is also down a lot of the backstage crew. No one in Canada has told me they've seen Bob Ryder and it appears he's doing his duties from Nashville. Jolene George, the company's seamstress, was scheduled for this week and then at the last minute was told the company was not bringing her in. The company didn't bring in at least part of the production team that handled pre-tapes. There were also several company staffers who were not able to get into Canada we are told, including the person who drives the merchandise to the shows.

Devon Nicholson's Great North Wrestling went on their Facebook page asking that any fans interesting in helping to set up the building come by this morning. Nicholson is expected to work the tapings this week.

TL;DR PWInsider confirmed Rovert's thing about TNA telling refs if they stayed they'd be paid a lot less, wrestlers think they're next, crew's depleted, and fans are literally being asked if they want to help set up the ring

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Peter Williams is now Bret Hart

Chris James 2 posted:

TL;DR PWInsider confirmed Rovert's thing about TNA telling refs if they stayed they'd be paid a lot less, wrestlers think they're next, crew's depleted, and fans are literally being asked if they want to help set up the ring

https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/927343846152957952

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
oh good TNA has decided to gently caress the local babyface wiht the hottest pop in the opening match

THIS WONT KILL THE CROWD

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
ok I'm going to close this thread until the PPV is over so we dont post in the wrong thread

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

exploded mummy posted:

ok I'm going to close this thread until the PPV is over so we dont post in the wrong thread

With Bound for Glory airing and such huge changes recently, it might be a good time to just straight up make a new thread - your call.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

With Bound for Glory airing and such huge changes recently, it might be a good time to just straight up make a new thread - your call.

gonna do that in a couple of days, need to write a new OP first

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It took longer than usual, but TNA finally has a strong contender for Worst Show of the Year

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Bound for Glory summary:

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/927356146779910144

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Boy, Rosemary's having a rough year

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Sami Callihan and Jimmy Jacobs debuted to absolute silence, and they gave an abusive drug addict 15 minutes to rant about how he was innocent.

It was everything we should have expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
That show was Really loving Bad.