Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I felt like they almost had too many medkits and snacks all over the place.

Honestly (at least on the 2nd highest difficulty--I'm unaware if overcharged health depletes slower on lower difficulties) I feel like overcharged health wears off annoyingly fast, to the point that I don't usually bother picking it up because I can literally hold my breath for longer than my health can remain meaningfully overcharged. I would much rather have a third of the health on each level, with overcharged health lasting maybe twice as long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

AnEdgelord posted:

Levels I wish existed:

Major city that isn't a bombed out wasteland or ghetto level (I want to see what L.A., Chicago or any other major metropolis looks like when fully in the grip of the Nazis)

Homefront: The Revolution had you fighting in collaborator neighborhoods but you didn't fight any collaborating citizens. I'd like to see Machinegames version of this.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

I felt like they almost had too many medkits and snacks all over the place.

I think part of is that it never explains the Starbreeze/MachineGames health regen system, where you always regenerate your health in 20 point chunks. Each 5 point heath pickup is 20 if you wait a couple seconds.

But I played it on a harder difficulty and didn't have too many problems. A lot of the challenge is finding the quickest paths to the commanders if your stealth is blown.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

What difficulty do you play on? A few of my IRL friends played on normal and said basically the same thing as you, that it BJ was too weak for too long, but my brother in law and myself felt aside from a few parts with a bunch of big guys it was bad at all.

I felt like they almost had too many medkit and snacks all over the place.

I think it's more the poor hit detection and the way enemies blend into the environment than outright difficulty, even on low difficulty if you miss spotting a Nazi they'll drop you quick. I'm not sure if it's the lighting or what, silhouettes disappear into the darkness or the levels themselves. Adjusting brightness washes everything out.

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
They reopened the ticket after agreeing I do meet minimum spec. ​New update seems to have fixed the #str_online_error_03 problem though. Only downside is that I had to restart from the beginning of the chapter, but not bad. Wish I had a specific fix for anyone else that gets this error.

Just got my new body. I am loving it. This series is at it's best when it is at it's most insane imo.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, that scene with BJ's dad is still loving chilling on rewatch. Funny in how I immediately recognized it as the guy who plays Secret Service Agent Aaron Pierce in 24.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Bring back RTCW multiplayer. The new Caller Doobie WWII game came close with the 'War" mode, but it only has 3 maps, is only 6 v 6, and is too serious. Gone are the days when you could call in an arty strike, frag like 12 people on the enemy team and 8 on your own team including yourself, and it was loving awesome every time because seeing tons of blood and legs and arms and heads fly through the air all while the server hitched from so many deaths was something truly special.

That, and the constant objective tug of war, pretty decent quake 3 style shootmans, burning entire bunkers of assholes alive (including yourself) with the flamethrower, really solid map design, stupid annoying hilarious accented voices (MURDIK!, AHI NEED AMMO!), medic revive sprees, calling airstrikes in on yourself after getting overrun, etc. etc.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

It's ok, we all miss Wolf:ET.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6TI03Y3avY

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/transgamerthink/status/928032283097001984

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Even Soldier 76 is joining in on the Nazi killing.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Accordion Man posted:

Even Soldier 76 is joining in on the Nazi killing.

Young fash, stay off the mortal coil

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
They should've made the upgrades earlier in the progression and also mandatory. The strider quest upgrade is so good at keeping your health up, and regenerating armor is also nice.

As it was I managed to do the last boss fight with just ramshackles and none of the quest upgrades. It was loving rough.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jose Mengelez posted:

between the end of quake episode 5 and the end of wolf new colossus its painfully obvious machinegames have a massive hardon for the bruiser bros. calling it now, the end of wolf 3 will have you fighting not one but two mechahitlers.

Now that TNC is coming to Switch I'd like to see BJ appear in a new Punch Out

EDIT: Oh that's a different Bruiser Bros. lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

THAT'S loving WHY BJ SOUNDS SO FAMILIAR.

He's got the same VA as Varric Tethras from Dragon Age.

And Fergus is the emo lyrium elf.

So BJ's dad is Rip, and BJ's nickname is Terror Billy.
Rip and Terror.
RIP AND TEAR.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Brian Bloom previously voiced Captain America on Marvel Cartoons.

He's also this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHm_TuS-KQU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

AnEdgelord posted:

Levels I wish existed:

Nazi Plantation
KKK level
Outdoors
Seems like these three would be easy to combine. To not make it a rehash of Camp Belica in TNO, maybe have BJ arrive at the plantation with the intent to free the slaves, only for them to have already escaped. BJ then has to fight his way out, and then find the escaped slaves and get them on the sub, before either the Klan recaptures them or they become impossible to find in the wilderness. Would offer up a great opportunity to have BJ fight in very different surroundings from the usual enclosed areas, from manicured lawns around some Antebellum buildings, through fields and forests, and finally in dark swamps; full of alligators ready to eat every Klan member that gets in the way of BJ.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
This was a wonderful, heartfelt game, full of insane moments and endearing characters, but it's coming after a contender for best shooter campaign of all time and I don't think it quite matches The New Order. It's a little less substantial (fewer levels, the characters don't get quite as much to do) and much less narratively unified without Deathshead looming over BJ. It still owns a lot.

I think it's missing the 'darkest before the dawn' beat — there's no equivalent here to BJ's return to a burnt-out Kreisau headquarters while Ransacked pillages your soul.

e: gently caress Nazis and the KKK

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

General Battuta posted:

— there's no equivalent here to BJ's return to a burnt-out Kreisau headquarters while Ransacked pillages your soul.

The occurrence at owl creek bridge reference and the National Mall bit right after probably would qualify if it weren't the pacing mucking it up.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So how is the post patch performance? Better for people?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Arcsquad12 posted:

So how is the post patch performance? Better for people?

Runs a lot better for me, but if I alt tab my PC locks up, and that didn't happen before.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The most soul-pillaging moment of TNC are the ambient conversations in Roswell and the realization that this is exactly how white people would take to Nazi occupation.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The entire Roswell sequence and the extended gameplay from thereon until you finally get a break is a contender for the best stuff in the new trilogy. I'm still unsure if it unseats The Old Blood's Castle Wolfenstein segment, but it is still loving amazing.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Deified Data posted:

The most soul-pillaging moment of TNC are the ambient conversations in Roswell and the realization that this is exactly how white people would take to Nazi occupation.
If I told people ten years ago that Wolfenstein would end up being a seriously good and unflinching satire I would have been laughed out of the room.

The whole medium has matured a good deal in recent years when it comes to narrative.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I get a really obnoxious graphical bug in this where everything looks and runs ok, but the HUD and any writing like menus, notes, and subtitles are scrambled. This is with the latest game and nvidia patches. It happens like, 75% of the times I start the game up. It doesn't happen with any other game, and I've tried verifying the files. Any suggestions?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Oh no not breast feeding

The rest of the thread goes as well as anyone would expect.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Pregnant women are gross and the idea that they can have any sort of libido for the nine moon-cycles that they're pregnant is disgusting and sophomoric to my sensibilities.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah I looked at the Steam forum for this game recently and decided I'd never make that mistake again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If I was a woman and looked as good as Anya does 8 months pregnant, I'd be horny too.

"Max Hass."

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

people getting blown apart, tortured, dismembered and stabbed in the head is one thing, but ladies' no-no parts is where I must DRAW THE LINE

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Really Pants posted:

people getting blown apart, tortured, dismembered and stabbed in the head is one thing, but ladies' no-no parts is where I must DRAW THE LINE
calvinism, the same movement that mutated to the point where it brought back incestuous breeding as a virtue

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

not to be confused with calvin-and-hobbesism, which is actually Extremely Good

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GUI posted:

Oh no not breast feeding

The rest of the thread goes as well as anyone would expect.

lol "civilized human beings" jesus gently caress, /pol/ and "ironic nazism" has killed us all. these guys are such pretentious fuckheads.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Does that sexless prude not know how powerful an aphrodisiac murdering nazis by the trainload is

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Fuckin notsees are everywhere these days

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I was VERY offended by my baby mama's fat pregnant titties

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

FAUXTON posted:

Does that sexless prude not know how powerful an aphrodisiac murdering nazis by the trainload is

Literal trainload, in this game. I'm horny just thinking about it right now.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hey so the freedom chronicles have a little preview feature in game on the eva's hammer. You can play a snippet of the levels.
Claudia Black plays former OSS agent Jessica valiant.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hey so the freedom chronicles have a little preview feature in game on the eva's hammer. You can play a snippet of the levels.

isn't that the episode zero preorder dlc?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jose Mengelez posted:

It might be? I don't know, because I didn't preorder. But anyways, yeah, Episode Zero is basically just a preview of the DLC proper, giving you the a taste of what is to come. Each of the three characters uses a different contraption mechanic as well as certain limitations. For example, Jessica Valiant plays like the constrictor harness, but she also can only wear 40 armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Arcsquad12 posted:

Fred Tatasicore does Captain Wilkins in his Soldier 76 voice too.

Jose Mengelez posted:

It is.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 9, 2017