Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I just noticed a Have you seen me Sign for Bradely (AKA Mint Berry Crunch) in the last episode.
That's been there for two seasons now, heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This episode rules but mostly because it’s laying the groundwork for Heidi to become a Cartman-like and then Cartman will ACTUALLY be trapped in a relationship with himself and that sounds like the 10th circle of hell

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The end has her becoming racist, because it gives her an easy out to blame someone else for her own problems and her own bad decisions. Like Cartman, everything else can be someone else's fault, and she never has to accept any fault herself, because there's always another excuse, always a scapegoat.

Also a bit lol that Cartman goes 'I know what it's like to be oppressed now! Where do I sign up to display my totally righteous anger at the world!?'. As badly as the creators have fumbled some recent phenomena, that seems pretty on point.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Inescapable Duck posted:

Also a bit lol that Cartman goes 'I know what it's like to be oppressed now! Where do I sign up to display my totally righteous anger at the world!?'. As badly as the creators have fumbled some recent phenomena, that seems pretty on point.
No, they got that one wrong too. Cartman was under the impression that Token's family are like other black people who go out and riot at every perceived injustice: "I really understand now how you guys feel! Please, what time is your family gonna go disrespect the flag and stuff? I wanna go with!" Token's family isn't like that. Most black families aren't like that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

WillieWestwood posted:

No, they got that one wrong too. Cartman was under the impression that Token's family are like other black people who go out and riot at every perceived injustice: "I really understand now how you guys feel! Please, what time is your family gonna go disrespect the flag and stuff? I wanna go with!" Token's family isn't like that. Most black families aren't like that.

No idiot. They are talking about the assholish people that act that way. Like people who have no real reason to be upset trying to say they are totally justified in their anger and doing lovely things.

Of course most Black Families are not like that. Thats just Cartman being a racist rear end in a top hat.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So is the season going to end with Cartman shot and left in a ditch?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Great episode, I think what I loved the most was Cartman saying,"But I'm FINALLY going to stand up for myself" because you know he 100% completely, genuinely believes it.

It reminded me of the fishsticks episodes where Kyle straight up tells him that he knows that Cartman fully believes everything he thinks, and Cartman's eventual takeaway is that Kyle was trying to warn him that Jimmy incorrectly but genuinely believed he had come up with the fishsticks jokes himself rather than Cartman being the sole creative force behind it all.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Only three more episodes left and I've never felt a season that was this bipolar and disjointed. What the gently caress happened, Matt and Trey?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shitenshi posted:

Only three more episodes left and I've never felt a season that was this bipolar and disjointed. What the gently caress happened, Matt and Trey?

:chaostrump:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Yeah. I think none of us were ever really prepared for it and if you try and write political humor when you have no loving idea what the hell is going on and the President is very obviously mentally ill like you haven't seen since the 80s it might screw with the writing a bit.

Like it is one thing to see a candidate and go "Hmmm, might be some corruption here, or there's this big complex of interest groups trying to wrangle power", because that you can turn into a skit like with the meeting of the Republican Party in the Simpsons.

How do you depict a nation that goes from shouting at North Korea and pissing off every nation, pun intended, that tries to aid you, to a week later when the Republican party are cheering on a seemingly confirmed child molester, indictments for collusion and money laundering are flying around and there are mass shootings every other weekend up to them taking place in churches?

It probably doesn't help that every person who has tried to portray Trump through humor manages to fail not because they are too outrageous but because they aren't outrageous enough to match reality.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I was absolutely delighted when I realized what Cartman was pulling out of his locker. Matt and Trey could have taken the lazy way out and used a bass drum with a sling, or just had Cartman already wearing it, but there was so much comedy in watching him calmly pull out the metal harness, adjust it, put it on, and then hoist the bass drum to it and walk around a little bit.

As someone who wears a marching bass drum several times a week, this attention to detail was very much appreciated.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I think Matt and Trey's politics are probably closer to Trump than they'd admit, and if not that, their politics are probably a lot more right than their audience. So there's this weird balancing act where most of their Trump criticism seems to be more methodology and style rather than substance. I also think their method of making episodes in the few days before it airs naturally leads to commentary on current events and they really just can't help themselves, even though they were saying loudly they'd be largely avoiding Trump this season.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I think they're just picking their Trump-targets more cautiously, i.e. overall aspects of his character and conduct rather than whatever he did this week, because this news cycle is just ridiculously hard to keep up with even by South Park standards. It finally outran them, and they were pissed. In the past they've differentiated themselves from other shows, especially cartoons, by throwing caution to the wind as far as keeping the show "timeless", riffing on really current stuff if they felt like it. But now, stuff that happened last week is feeling horribly outdated.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

WillieWestwood posted:

No one is going out and disrespecting the flag. That's just the media trying to divert attention away from the real issue.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I haven't watched the episode yet but I saw a clip. I can't say I expected them to make a Cats Don't Dance reference of all things :psyduck:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shitenshi posted:

Check your stigmatizing microaggressions, bruh.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
you get to hit him for free for that microaggression!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

When Heidi said she was pushed in front of a car, is that a reference to the video game?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

notthegoatseguy posted:

When Heidi said she was pushed in front of a car, is that a reference to the video game?

Heidi isn't in the video game at all or even mentioned

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

notthegoatseguy posted:

No, it was just an escalation of Cartman treating her like crap. It's not something that was ever shown, it was just a joke.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
And this week...

South Park Studios posted:

AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERES
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

--------
All-New Season 21 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu
--------

NEW YORK, November 13, 2017 – It’s time for the annual science fair in an all-new episode titled “Moss Piglets” on Wednesday, November 15 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Jimmy and Timmy’s project has caught the attentions of some very important people. Their experiment could have far reaching implications that could save the world… and they might even win first prize in this year’s science fair.

All-new episodes from this season will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South Park Studios and Hulu the day after they premiere. Fans will continue to have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire “South Park” library, across all internet-connected devices with a Hulu subscription. New episodes and a selection of curated episodes will be available to stream on SouthPark.cc.com, cc.com and the Comedy Central App.
Comedy Central's "South Park" launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at Midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 20 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning "South Park." Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. "South Park's" Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.

EDIT: Preview clip

Small White Dragon fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 13, 2017

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I wonder which girl is going to end up raping Nathan?

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I always enjoy Timmy and Jimmy episodes. Its aboot time for a Canada episode too, they've been quiet this season.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
This episode was worth it for the Pink Elephants segment alone.

I loving love Nathan and Mimsy! I'm so pumped for the next episode.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What was the early episode that had Kenny celebrating right near the credits because he didn't die?

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Milo and POTUS posted:

What was the early episode that had Kenny celebrating right near the credits because he didn't die?
Season 1, Episode 10
Mr. Hankey, The Christmas Poo.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

sticklefifer posted:

Haha of course Heidi's only recourse now is to become as bad as Cartman. Watch her just go full evil and then they'll actually deserve each other.

Well ... kind of. So:

Inescapable Duck posted:

I knew from the gaining weight part that Cartman is slowly turning Heidi into a female version of himself.

Kind of, but I don't think so. If you ever want to be disgusted, there's a great documentary out there about 600-pound ladies and the predatory feeders who enable them. One such feeder has the horrifying fantasy of growing his girlfriend-wife-whatever to such a size that she literally can't fit through doorways.

I mean, think about that in the context of the episode. Heidi is visibly growing sick of Cartman's poo poo and so, lacking easily accessible sources of validation, he goes back to the girl who craves her own external validation so desperately that she committed social media suicide as soon as she was shamed.

For Cartman, pretending to go vegan so he can go full steam ahead with feeding Heidi gross fast food (yes, KFC is gross. Fight me.) is as brilliant as it is evil. It's also ineffective since Heidi doesn't have the spirit of a fatass. I also appreciated the line about how sick she was getting from eating meat; I was waiting for it and I'm glad they pointed it out. But it's less a ploy to literally turn her into himself--that would take a level of self-awareness of which Cartman is incapable--and more a ploy to keep her isolated and dependent on him.

Giving her anti-semitic talking points at the end was just the cherry on top.

It feels like a very South Park take on the #metoo thing. Even Cartman can't be portrayed as a sexual abuser, of course, so they just took his already-established sociopathy and ran with it. Worst part is, on that level, I don't think they've yet reached the logical conclusion of what his poo poo-tier behavior is capable of.

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 16, 2017

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

I don't think it was a ploy to make her more dependent, at last not consciously. It was just him faking her into thinking that he found a vegan form of KFC when all he did was write "Beyond" on the container. There was nothing indicating he wanted to force her to eat fast food. Her eating it is just a byproduct of him getting to eat it. He was just looking to keep eating KFC. He's all about himself.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha she did become Cartman

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Let's see how Heidi and Cartman manage to poo poo up a Nathan and Mimsy epi---

Didn't even get to finish that post. :stare:

E- There's the #MeToo

And the water bear execution. :lol:

E2- the role reversal between Heidi and Cartman with Heidi now disgusted with Cartman's enthusiasm toward her made all the bullshit this season worth it.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 16, 2017

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Haha. Now Heidi has attitude about Cartman.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

So far this is... actually funny? :stare:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Water bears doing the hokey pokey is something I never knew I needed in my life until now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Zero One posted:

Haha. Now Heidi has attitude about Cartman.

I hated this season until right there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gentlemen, perhaps I can interest you in a lava volcano.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"She's kind of like Cartman, but with the ability to follow through."

Why the gently caress did they have to drag this out the entire season before getting to the good part?

LA Chargers dig. :tviv:

e- I don't get this show. That was the best episode this season because both plots were fun for once. Cartman has created a monster in Heidi and doesn't quite know to handle her. Even the NFL wanting the volcano felt like the randomness of the first few seasons where you laugh.

And we're going to get what, three episodes more of it this season?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 16, 2017

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!
Two more.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This better end with another Scott Tenorman Must Die from Heidi.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I was seriously waiting for Heidi to die from eating the waterbears and they all go, "Oh my God! They killed Heidi!" and nobody says you bastard because she's that bad.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah she was tiresome.

• Locked thread