Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

It's time to choose.

Oh, hell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like the painted lines on the walls. Feels very retro-corporate.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hello everyone! I'm glad everyone seems to have enjoyed my dumb reveal idea. :allears:

We're just a couple days out from the first real episode so I wanted to thank you all for the great reception to the vid. We'll rework the thread with a new OP/title once Thursday rolls around. We're looking forward to getting this thing started for real-- it's been too god damned long since panzer and I had an LP going!!

FeyerbrandX posted:

:asoiaf: I am looking forward to being able to look upon the face of Tracerskank without immediately glazing over because I seriously give 0 fucks about overwatch.

So a quick little something I'd like to get out in front of (that nobody is going to see because I'm only really mentioning it in this post) is that... well... We didn't record this reveal video until we had several episodes worth of content recorded. We didn't really start toying around with different character models for a while. But we do! Eventually! Haven't used Tracer yet though, that was chosen for the reveal.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I still remember those maps. I can't imagine how fun they would be when you don't have a dozen people murdering their way through the harder maps.

you have no idea (it's bad (like this LP)) BUT! a lot of the fun to us is just exploring these maps that people put time into. We're gonna see and find some wild poo poo, believe me. My favorite episode so far involves zero combat!

President Ark posted:

god i knew something was wrong because all the textures were slightly hosed up and there were too many HEV suits but i had no idea

Honestly I think you're the only person I saw mention the HEV suits. Panzer and I were going mad because we figured that would be the most surefire sign at how hosed up everything was, but instead people started pointing out poo poo like Barney is the wrong color. People even noticed that Panzer was dressed up as a scientist and following me around! But this is the only post about the suits!! And I don't think I've seen a single mention about the HUD!!!

McDragon posted:

my God, what are you doing

Greetings!

:getin:

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 14, 2017

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Kaubocks posted:

Honestly I think you're the only person I saw mention the HEV suits. Panzer and I were going mad because we figured that would be the most surefire sign at how hosed up everything was, but instead people started pointing out poo poo like Barney is the wrong color. People even noticed that Panzer was dressed up as a scientist and following me around! But this is the only post about the suits!! And I don't think I've seen a single mention about the HUD!!!

Oh poo poo what

Panzer was following you the whole time? Now I need to rewatch the video

oh noooooooo

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I noticed the HEVs but just thought I was remembering wrong. And the HUD, I forgot it was from the days before you could customise those sorts of things easily in a menu. Gosh, it's been a long time since Half Life was new

Pyroi posted:

Oh poo poo what

oh noooooooo

e: also this

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pyroi posted:

Oh poo poo what

oh noooooooo

There's this one weird scientist with an armband who shows up all over the place. I wondered what was up with that guy.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
In my defense, I have never played Half Life before. It it's sequels. Or any valve game except Left 4 Dead.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Kaubocks posted:

Hello everyone! I'm glad everyone seems to have enjoyed my dumb reveal idea. :allears:

We're just a couple days out from the first real episode so I wanted to thank you all for the great reception to the vid. We'll rework the thread with a new OP/title once Thursday rolls around. We're looking forward to getting this thing started for real-- it's been too god damned long since panzer and I had an LP going!!

So a quick little something I'd like to get out in front of (that nobody is going to see because I'm only really mentioning it in this post) is that... well... We didn't record this reveal video until we had several episodes worth of content recorded. We didn't really start toying around with different character models for a while. But we do! Eventually! Haven't used Tracer yet though, that was chosen for the reveal.

you have no idea (it's bad (like this LP)) BUT! a lot of the fun to us is just exploring these maps that people put time into. We're gonna see and find some wild poo poo, believe me. My favorite episode so far involves zero combat!

Greetings!

:getin:

Hahaha, I fuckin knew that scientist was super out of place. I just wasn't sure why.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I learned everything i know about Half-Life from Freeman's Mind, so aside from high-rez models i didn't really notice anything strange.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bman in 2288 posted:

In my defense, I have never played Half Life before. It it's sequels.
Neither have I; I was kind of looking forward to a vanilla LP. :ohdear: But now I'm looking forward to something else!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Hirayuki posted:

Neither have I; I was kind of looking forward to a vanilla LP. :ohdear: But now I'm looking forward to something else!

If I'm gonna be honest, I'd prefer this to a vanilla LP of Half Life. Kaubocks/Panzer shenanigans always cheer me up.

Actually, that's not entirely true. Schadenfreude cheers me up. And their LPs are usually nothing but.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I noticed a lot of things were off but was too busy reciting lines from Freeman's Mind to myself to care :v:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Kaubocks posted:

Honestly I think you're the only person I saw mention the HEV suits. Panzer and I were going mad because we figured that would be the most surefire sign at how hosed up everything was, but instead people started pointing out poo poo like Barney is the wrong color. People even noticed that Panzer was dressed up as a scientist and following me around! But this is the only post about the suits!! And I don't think I've seen a single mention about the HUD!!

gently caress me aaaaaaaaaaaaaggghhhh

(I thought the HUD was off but I chalked it up to a quality of life mod or whatever and then completely forgot about it until right now)

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I noticed the HEV suits were off but I just dismissed it as my memory being bad or you playing the Playstation version or something. Then when I spotted the scientist with the armband keep showing up I began to wonder if you were going to be making a 'haunted game' LP or something like that.

This is so much better.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Kaubocks posted:

Panzer and I were going mad because we figured that would be the most surefire sign at how hosed up everything was, but instead people started pointing out poo poo like Barney is the wrong color.
I spent maybe half the video wondering if this was Half-Life: Source and you just weren't mentioning it. Something about it felt a little smoother thank I remembered, and the HUD seemed slightly more modern.

To be clear: While a little hesitant at first, I was totally on board with a solo LP of Half-Life, done in that really calm expository style.

Kaubocks posted:

People even noticed that Panzer was dressed up as a scientist and following me around!
:aaaaa:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Kaubocks posted:

I'm surprised no one has even mentioned the respawning sound of when the you picked up the suit. :v:
But I knew something was up when I heard that sound and noticed that the HUD was different. Granted the LEVEL CHANGE Marker was a good sign too.
All those hours spent playing SC paid off I guess.

I was almost expecting the Max Payne mod.

But good job on Panzer's behalf on being an NPC so well. Did not think about that and just assumed you did it solo up to the reveal.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 15, 2017

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Kaubocks posted:

People even noticed that Panzer was dressed up as a scientist and following me around!

I'm so glad we're talking about this now bc the choreography we had to do to pull this off was incredible. I'm crouch-walk following kaubocks for almost the entire video so I can slide into position in time. Whenever he's moved or teleported by scripting I would be spawned into the same location, so I had to very very carefully shift backwards out of his character model before my nametag appeared.

Also during one of the takes I was no-clipped outside the level and I forgot that my body was still attached to the bottom of my head and this happened

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Cooked Auto posted:

But good job on Panzer's behalf on being an NPC so well. Did not think about that and just assumed you did it solo up to the reveal.

Same. I thought that one scientist was suspicious but didn't know it was Panzer.

The HEV Suits along with the Level Change marker and different HUD had me chalk it up to some weird multiplayer mod for HL2.

Which I guess this technically is? :v:

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

Panzer Skank posted:

I'm so glad we're talking about this now bc the choreography we had to do to pull this off was incredible. I'm crouch-walk following kaubocks for almost the entire video so I can slide into position in time. Whenever he's moved or teleported by scripting I would be spawned into the same location, so I had to very very carefully shift backwards out of his character model before my nametag appeared.

Also during one of the takes I was no-clipped outside the level and I forgot that my body was still attached to the bottom of my head and this happened

Yeah, on second viewing all of Kaubock's odd movements suddenly made sense as him moving to mask you presence.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Panzer Skank posted:

A second viewing of the video made it very clear how tight your choreography was. That's actually really impressive that you and Kaubocks were able to pull it off, I'm almost afraid to ask how long it took.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Panzer Skank posted:

here's a video of how poorly panzer hid herself in this take

panzer, crying: "is it usable??? just keep going"
me: "..."

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

AltaBrown posted:

Yeah, on second viewing all of Kaubock's odd movements suddenly made sense as him moving to mask you presence.

Oh boy, I just LOVE low-res textures! Lemme just ... stare at this wall for a while.

Edit: VVV Honestly he sounded too sincere for me to really believe it was an act. Thank you for confirming.

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 15, 2017

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Kaubocks posted:

I’m loving crying watching this Jesus Christ

Vavrek posted:

Oh boy, I just LOVE low-res textures! Lemme just ... stare at this wall for a while.

Ok but lmao that was all Kaubocks loving the egg equation as well as those lovely pictures and was completely unrelated to choreography

Edit I’m loving crying laughing thinking about this post.... Kaubocks just loves lovely garbage so much it gives the illusion of trickery........

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 15, 2017

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Panzer Skank posted:

Is there a Futurama head in a jar skin?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Honestly, I like the egg equation, too, but because I kind of enjoy loving with those equations, like gravitational potential energy, and the famous E=mc².

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

It's kind of funny to think that these top-tier scientists working for a super secret government sponsored research lab would need to write down incredibly basic physics equations, though. Valve always liked adding little details like this to their games, but they also tended to take the easy way out every time too.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?

Kaubocks posted:

once Thursday rolls around.

The best birthday present I could ask for. :peanut:

That said, I love SC, but I'm also a boring idiot who played around too much with (spoilers just in case? lemme know if I'm being dumb) ent mod and turrican style goof maps(secret city, omg, etc) rather than the heavy combat ones.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ruflux posted:

It's kind of funny to think that these top-tier scientists working for a super secret government sponsored research lab would need to write down incredibly basic physics equations, though. Valve always liked adding little details like this to their games, but they also tended to take the easy way out every time too.

Even in super secret government sponsored research labs there's going to be people wasting as much time as possible to look busy. :v:

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.

Kaubocks posted:

Seems perfectly acceptable, you know.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

bman in 2288 posted:

Honestly, I like the egg equation, too, but because I kind of enjoy loving with those equations, like gravitational potential energy, and the famous E=mc².

These physicists here really don't utilize their whiteboard properly, also why would they write those equations down of all things? They'd surely know them by now.

I did notice the HUD looked a little weird, and the models were off, but I figured it was some kind of graphics mod or something. For those who want a weirdly bland HUD.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Zeniel posted:

These physicists here really don't utilize their whiteboard properly, also why would they write those equations down of all things? They'd surely know them by now.

Sometimes you gotta write it down so you can think about other stuff. Or because your brain is so fried from analyzing and math that simple concepts are hard to envision. Or because you want to look like you're busy.

So, in celebration of this upcoming LP, I decided to rewatch the Saints Row 2 LP.

I'm at Donnie.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's nice to see a perfectly normal LP of Half-Life.

Ruflux posted:

It's also kinda funny that their top-of-the-line science gizmo apparently requires a dude in the test chamber to do stuff that would be both piss-easy to automate and far more reliable if done by machines.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's also kinda funny that their top-of-the-line science gizmo apparently requires a dude in the test chamber to do stuff that would be both piss-easy to automate and far more reliable if done by machines.

And the work certainly doesn't need someone with a doctorate to do it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

New thread title!
New thread tag!
New OP!

:siren:New episode!:siren:

Sven Co-op - #01: Authentic Experience

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
HERE WE GO LADS

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Press button, Panzer explodes. Good start.

That chat mishap killed me laughing when I spotted the wasdsads dwdasd wdasd dwas on screen.

And man that is some proper vintage internetness

McDragon fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 16, 2017

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I don't know why I was expecting a slightly slower descent into pure trash, but here we are.

I'm eager to see where you two go from here.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
All the best HL1 LPs start with someone getting crushed at the start. You should be able to medkit each other to full health, unless that is a different system.
I only played Sven with a level system. Maybe I enjoy having regenerating everything and ten foot jumps.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

That Mario Party map was the most hype poo poo I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

I'm so glad you two are doing another LP together.

I've never played Half-Life so the fake out video totally got me.

• Locked thread