Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

a patagonian cavy posted:

yeah but who else is he gonna put out there

not kaep obviously

I mean, no one's pretending that T.J. Yates is good, but at least he can run a bootleg. Savage cripples the entire offense with his statue mobility and embarrassing lack of vision. Every snap with him on the field is a waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

not kaep obviously

You mean nobody is out there knocking down Wes Lunt's door?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Jets win 1 or 0 games the rest of the season I think Bowles is 50-50 to come back. I thought he was a lock to come back before today.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

not kaep obviously

Finally, Josh Johnson gets his chance to shine.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Benne posted:

I mean, no one's pretending that T.J. Yates is good

checks out, the texans have already played the bengals this year

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Benne posted:

Savage cripples the entire offense with his statue mobility and embarrassing lack of vision. Every snap with him on the field is a waste of time.

That’s kinda mean. What if he was reads that?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Garrett is probably never getting fired until Jerry passes but im mentioning him based on how atrocious he was yesterday

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/WillBurge/status/930139311403601920

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm calling it now, it's for GM or whatever the Browns equivalent of a GM would be

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I mean this is the caliber of coach they're going to have to chase next.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm calling it now, it's for GM or whatever the Browns equivalent of a GM would be

Singletary walks into the war room on draft day, knows the Browns have had a bad run drafting recently. As a motivational tool he gets ready to drop his pants.

Nov 6, 2002

Remember when they made a feature length film about the Browns GM drafting prowess? lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I mean this is the caliber of coach they're going to have to chase next.

Yeah, I still think they have to give Hue another year (force him to fire Schiano, force him to change OC's if necessary, change some people in the front office. But if they clean house again, what competent person would ever go to work for them?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I still think they have to give Hue another year (force him to fire Schiano, force him to change OC's if necessary, change some people in the front office. But if they clean house again, what competent person would ever go to work for them?

There is no OC fyi.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

I approve of this freudian slip.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Flikken posted:

There is no OC fyi.

Oh, maybe they need one of those.

Grittybeard posted:

I approve of this freudian slip.

Damnit. Schiano, Williams, what's the difference.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Remember when they made a feature length film about the Browns GM drafting prowess? lol

Remember that the climax of that movie is making possibly the stupidest draft trade ever and it somehow working because that movie was targeted at:

1) People who like football so much they find draft drama compelling

AND

2) People who don't have any idea how the draft actually works

Also known as "the Browns front office"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/woody-paige-the-denver-broncos-should-fire-vance-joseph-after-fifth-straight-loss

quote:

When asked on Sunday night why Isaiah McKenzie, who fumbled for the fifth time on a return this season, was sent back out later, Joseph replied: “Because he is our return man."
He's done.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/930176914140073986

We got our Dreaded Vote of Confidence. Dead man walking.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/930176914140073986

We got our Dreaded Vote of Confidence. Dead man walking.

At this point, just keep him in place so they don't get the dead cat bounce.

But none of this matters if Reese isn't jettisoned too.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So, Adam Gase... I think he'll survive this season. I'm gonna guess there's going to be some significant staff overhaul though. Next season might be make or break.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

shyduck posted:

So, Adam Gase... I think he'll survive this season. I'm gonna guess there's going to be some significant staff overhaul though. Next season might be make or break.

Gase will catch some heat for Cutler but they won't sack him yet.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Lebron, better GM than whatever the gently caress is going on with the Browns.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/930440810516148224

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Deshaun Watson would get one shot then get benched for ~reasons~ in Cleveland.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

iospace posted:

Deshaun Watson would get one shot then get benched for ~reasons~ in Cleveland.

No, he would have started and made crazy escapes only for his passes to get dropped by F-grade receivers.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Garrett probably has eternal job security, but he deserves to be fired for making no adjustments when his backup LT spent the whole game giving up unlimited free kill-shots to Dak. Dak took 6 sacks from 1 guy who has averaged like 3.5 PER SEASON over his career. 8 sacks for 50 yards because they didn't change the game plan when an all-pro on the blind side got replaced by a random scrub.

:frogout:

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 14, 2017

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
That random scrub is a former third round pick that can't stay healthy but started at left guard for the first few games despite clearly being worse than vagabond Jonathan Cooper.

Garrett left Dak in down 20 points with around three minutes left to go. Dak had taken kill shots all game (most sacks allowed by Cowboys since the 91 Eagles; Troy Aikman brain scrambling numbers), and he proceeded to throw a bunch of four yard balls to Jason Witten. The left tackle still didn't receive any help. When asked about why he left Dak in the game, Garrett said "because we play 60 minutes." What a bunch of bullshit. If you're going to actually play the full 60, then go max protect and chunk deep balls to Dez, hoping for interference. Otherwise, take Dak out of the game. He threatened the future of the franchise for no loving reason.

The frightening thing is that Garrett is still better than or as good of a head coach as maybe 10 others.

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 14, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tom Sellout posted:

The frightening thing is that Garrett is still better than or as good of a head coach as maybe 10 others.

Ah, the Andy Dalton of head coaches.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Garrett's teams don't give up on him no matter how much the team's problems are his fault. That's his main attribute.

What else does he even do, exactly? He seems to farm out all his other duties to his coordinators and stand around attaboy-ing with a stupid look on his face.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

sean10mm posted:

Garrett probably has eternal job security, but he deserves to be fired for making no adjustments when his backup LT spent the whole game giving up unlimited free kill-shots to Dak. Dak took 6 sacks from 1 guy who has averaged like 3.5 PER SEASON over his career. 8 sacks for 50 yards because they didn't change the game plan when an all-pro on the blind side got replaced by a random scrub.

:frogout:

Please stop describing this, I'm still in my refractory period.:flaccid:

Really not the worst thing to have a mediocre head coach if you have good coordinators though. I think Garrett mostly steps out of the way unless the more talented staff do their thing. If that sounds like faint praise it's because it is.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

https://twitter.com/MileHighReport/status/930462853152337921

I read that thing and holy hell, I'm not one to say yes fire him but he seems super inept at how to coach and probably best he goes elsewhere and we try again on coaching. If the loss streak doesn't snap within the next few weeks then things have to get hot for him.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

BMB5150 posted:

https://twitter.com/MileHighReport/status/930462853152337921

I read that thing and holy hell, I'm not one to say yes fire him but he seems super inept at how to coach and probably best he goes elsewhere and we try again on coaching. If the loss streak doesn't snap within the next few weeks then things have to get hot for him.
Yeah, I heard about Domata Peko saying that there were "communication issues" on defense. That's all on coaching.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The commitment to a loving nobody returner says it all

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Eli Wiggum posted:

Yeah, I heard about Domata Peko saying that there were "communication issues" on defense. That's all on coaching.

I read that yesterday, considering most of the defense went to the SB only 2 years ago, communication should be easy, but Peko not getting communication right just shows you what a shitshow it is.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

sean10mm posted:

Caldwell's teams don't give up on him no matter how much the team's problems are his fault. That's his main attribute.

What else does he even do, exactly? He seems to farm out all his other duties to his coordinators and stand around attaboy-ing with a blank look on his face.

I think I'd take Caldwell over Garrett, though.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I mean I'm fine with that if your coordinators are good. Linehan has been great despite occasionally outsmarting himself. Marinelli is marinelli but the defense falling to complete poo poo as soon as your super injury prone lb is out is not ideal

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I still think Gase is a decent coach but a lot of Miami's issues on offense just seem like their o-line is total trash and that Cutler is washed. I mean, he coaxed him out of retirement, but still...

Nov 6, 2002

Matt Moore is better.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

I still think Gase is a decent coach but a lot of Miami's issues on offense just seem like their o-line is total trash and that Cutler is washed. I mean, he coaxed him out of retirement, but still...

That was a team on Monday that has completely quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Adding to people on the surface on the sun level hosed in Cleveland the owner is there to.

http://www.morningjournal.com/general-news/20171115/former-pilot-exec-says-jimmy-haslam-loved-trucking-rip-off-scheme

• Locked thread