Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

gaj70 posted:

I finally ran the event last night... something kept killing me even though I was quite t distance from !Lephantis, wasn't in a green cloud, and didn't see any infested close by. Particularly when trying to revive fallen pubbies.

Any ideas?

I have no idea. Maybe you got sniped by a ballista from that one tower that's near the boil? Or you got smacked by something with tox damage applied from a toxic ancient aura.

edit: I probably should have refreshed before posting.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Pubbies try to stand on the instadeath plague meteor.
Pubbies instantly die.
gaj70 walks onto the instadeath plague meteor to revive the pubbies.
gaj70 instantly dies.
Nobody at DE implements any visual or sound effects to show players that the instadeath plague meteor is killing them.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
They also showed off one of the upcoming Eidolon variations that they called an S-Class:

Much more aggressive and they've worked some counters to common player tactics used against the Teralyst into him. Also he's much bigger, and every step will now knock down everyone close by.

Also the Grineer Ghouls that have been shown several times are now functioning on the plains in their demo, so expect those soon, including the return of the Sawman and a heavy guy equipped with twin flamethrowers and drills.

Tenno pump action shotgun coming very soon.

Also confirmed is that next year, they're definitely shipping the new Sawman's giant, two handed buzz-saw as a melee weapon for our use.

Including this little feature of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkVN_njQpj4&t=3002s

They're going to be overhauling all the Companions and Sentinels too to even out their performance and give them more definitive roles.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 18, 2017

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

And Tyler Too! posted:

That timer is there when the mission drags on too long, which pairs nicely with Lvl 100 Sortie Elemental Resist Lephantis: the ultimate HP sponge.

That is 100% why I quit the game the first time. When 3 people went in with good weapons and we timed out, I felt like the game didn't respect my time. Yet here I am, stuck in once more.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Baro, and primed mods especially are late game resource sinks. They are totally unnecessary to for a normal player. But they make numbers bigger, and that's like catnip for the Warframe 1%

Is that correct? E.g., if you were a newbie with both continuity and primed continuity, wouldn't you be better off (only) maxing out the primed version?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

gaj70 posted:

Is that correct? E.g., if you were a newbie with both continuity and primed continuity, wouldn't you be better off (only) maxing out the primed version?

If you're a newbie with with 40,920 endo and 1.97 million credits to max one mod you're probably not a newbie.

For comparison it costs 930 endo and 44,919 credits to max normal continuity.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Kokoro Wish posted:

Also confirmed is that next year, they're definitely shipping the new Sawman's giant, two handed buzz-saw as a melee weapon for our use.

Including this little feature of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkVN_njQpj4&t=3002s
Oh my god, of course Warframe would be the game to put in a sawcrawl. Of course!

I think the last time I saw this move was in like randomass UT99 mutators.

edit: SAWRACING WHEN?!

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 18, 2017

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Fish Noise posted:

Oh my god, of course Warframe would be the game to put in a sawcrawl. Of course!

Digital Extremes is listed as a developer for UT99 so that makes sense

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Fish Noise posted:

Duck Game

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Digital Extremes is listed as a developer for UT99 so that makes sense
Sure but I'm talking like community modding, not the first party stuff.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

If you're a newbie with with 40,920 endo and 1.97 million credits to max one mod you're probably not a newbie.

For comparison it costs 930 endo and 44,919 credits to max normal continuity.

To get Primed Continuity to the same bonus level as a max level non-primed continuity, it would only cost 33% more: 1240 endo and 59,892 credits. Of course each additional level will double the cost (like with all mods), so getting to rank 5 is cheap but getting to rank 10 is ludicriously expensive.

If you somehow have such tremendously bad luck that you don't end end up finding Continuity until after buying Primed Continuity from Baro, there is no real reason to level the vanilla mod to rank 5 over the primed mod.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 18, 2017

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

:getin:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

To get Primed Continuity to the same bonus level as a max level non-primed continuity, it would only cost 33% more: 1240 endo and 59,892 credits. Of course each additional level will double the cost (like with all mods), so getting to rank 5 is cheap but getting to rank 10 is ludicriously expensive.

Fair enough. But the price for maxing regular continuity is pocket change for all but the newest of new players, and it has a 100% drop rate from the dojo. To even get prime you need 350 ducats and 110,000 credits. There is no logical reason to get the primed version first.

Don't worry about being wasteful, especially with something that small.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Fish Noise posted:

Sure but I'm talking like community modding, not the first party stuff.
Now I want a Strangelove augment for Ivara's Navigator that lets you ride the projectile.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I've been play a fair bit the last week or so after leaving the game years ago(back when keys were a thing, not this strange relic system) and my god they've added a lot of stuff. What's the best way to buy and sell items? I'm pretty close to having a few of those vaulted prime suits and I probably have some good stuff to sell.

Also the menu system is kind of annoying unless I'm missing something. Is there no way to easily change suits/weapons from the nav screen?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

clone on the phone posted:

Be aware at the lower ranks of primed regen still only give your sentinel x1 revive, so you will have to shell out seriously to increase it to x3. I definitely bought one because dead sentinels mean I can't hoover mana orbs through walls and that make me sad, but like most primed mods they are just there as a long term project to keep you playing.

Also keep in mind that there is no good reason to take Primed Regen to max rank. You get the third revive at rank 9, so the only thing rank 10 gets you is the sentinel reviving with 5% more hp. Skipping that rank saves you a cool ~900,000 credits and ~20,000 endo.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

CODChimera posted:

I've been play a fair bit the last week or so after leaving the game years ago(back when keys were a thing, not this strange relic system) and my god they've added a lot of stuff. What's the best way to buy and sell items? I'm pretty close to having a few of those vaulted prime suits and I probably have some good stuff to sell.

Also the menu system is kind of annoying unless I'm missing something. Is there no way to easily change suits/weapons from the nav screen?

https://warframe.market is your best friend when it comes to selling or buying stuff

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I heard you guys like big swords.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

randombattle posted:

I heard you guys like big swords.

Monster Hunter World is looking pretty weird, but I like it.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

That's a big knife.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

From the mobile thumbnail I thought it was a sword made of cartoon dynamite bundles. I'm disappointed it isn't.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kokoro Wish posted:

Just watching the Dev Stream and Damage 3.0 (maybe just 2.5?) is coming, probably with the release of the Chora Warframe, as she can transform to change her base damage type.

Slash was a standout with the scaling, so Puncture and Impact were left in the dust. Procs for the base ones (Slash, Puncture, Impact) are now all going to scale the same on a curve that scales up to 90% effectiveness based on the weapon's damage numbers. So a powerful Slash weapon will get a powerful Slash proc, but much less effective (or non-existent) procs of the other types. To me, that also sounds like you're going to have to actually mod for those damage types to get the full effectiveness out of them.

Impact is getting changes in that as the effect becomes more powerful it will transition from a stagger into a full ragdoll with scaling power. Blast is also probably getting this treatment. Personally I'd prefer a minor explosion on proc.

Other Elementals also being looked at. As is the effects of 100% status scaling on weapons and how it all interacts.

Best part of the stream so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkVN_njQpj4&t=1479s

Keep watching for just after this bit, because they show off the Fans again that they totally forgot they were developing in lieu of a Sepiroth Katana.

ATLAS' TIME HAS COME

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm playing Inaros for the first time in a while and man is he fun. Armoured Agility is amazing on him.

What frames is this mod usually used on? I picked it up last week and was a bit surprised it wasn't an exilus mod.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
anything with base armor and spare mod slots. it'd be amazing as an exilus mod, though.

oh, and nezha. nezha needs every go fast mod except for maybe that holster speed/slide mod.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

And Tyler Too! posted:

That timer is there when the mission drags on too long, which pairs nicely with Lvl 100 Sortie Elemental Resist Lephantis: the ultimate HP sponge.

Why on god's green earth is there a timer for that, especially in a solo instance? This is the most :de: poo poo :mad:

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Is there any way to trigger a remote logout? I was a dummy and I think I managed to leave Warframe up in the background when travelling away, which prevents the computer from going into real sleep mode even when selecting choosing Sleep from the power settings. Now Steam won't let me login through the laptop and Baro will leave and deny me my Primed Fever Strike forever!!

Edit: Got in, seems to have been a Steam issue as it was fixed once I deauthorized my other Steam devices. TWICE.

Electrophotonic fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 18, 2017

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Got my Heck with the syndicate 200% multishot mod on it.

Its beautifull.

Only got 4 shots, but each one is like the finger of an angry god. You point with it and all things without invulnerability simply die on the spot or a few seconds later from procs.

And that sound. Mmmm....

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 18, 2017

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

anything with base armor and spare mod slots. it'd be amazing as an exilus mod, though.

oh, and nezha. nezha needs every go fast mod except for maybe that holster speed/slide mod.
Yeah good shout on Nezha, haven't got a spare Exilus for him yet but I might just sac the slot to speed anyway. He's a cool little frame, how do people build him here. Any augments used?

aleksendr posted:

Got my Heck with the syndicate 200% multishot mod on it.

Its beautifull.

Only got 4 shots, but each one is like the finger of an angry god. You point with it and all things without invulnerability simply die on the spot or a few seconds later from procs.

And that sound. Mmmm....
You can breeze most if not all of the game with the Hek, it owns bones. I just got my Vaykor Hek but I miss the number spam the regular Hek has.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Electrophotonic posted:

Edit: Got in, seems to have been a Steam issue as it was fixed once I deauthorized my other Steam devices. TWICE.

You can also trigger a remote logout through the official smartphone app.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

more people need to check out the sobek with acid shells

Khorne
May 1, 2002
It takes way too much time to do everything this game has to offer now. Capping Ostron rep is time consuming. Getting enough Ducats before baro comes is time consuming. Everything, time consuming!

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 18, 2017

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It's a big game, you don't need to do everything all at once.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Helter Skelter posted:

But if I don't do it everyday...

I'm MR23 and haven't touched kavats or half the kubrows.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Helter Skelter posted:

yes you did. if you don't do every quest every day you are failing

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

kxZyle posted:

Why on god's green earth is there a timer for that, especially in a solo instance? This is the most :de: poo poo :mad:

It's really only for sorties. You can stay in regular whatever missions forever. Also always run sorties with a goon group.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Can anyone confirm for me that helios will get the drone scan for the Natah quest so I can finally do the Second Dream quest? iirc this, combined with the MR8 test, are what made me get frustrated last time >.<

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

RFC2324 posted:

Can anyone confirm for me that helios will get the drone scan for the Natah quest so I can finally do the Second Dream quest? iirc this, combined with the MR8 test, are what made me get frustrated last time >.<

I'm pretty sure that's how I did it, upgrade his precept for maximum range/minimum time though

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Just scan the drone? I don't understand what the problem is?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Are the twitch bonus rewards good/usable for a new player? I haven't really played warframe before and they are giving me free things so might try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
helios is nice because it autoscans everything in range, but that is still slower and a shorter range than manual scans.