Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Retarded dickhead who throws boomerangs at people says fighters should be more respectful

Werdum posted:

"I know, like, when I have a face-off, the guy's touching each other. Why? Just sit, have a fight next day. Why you touch the guy before? Why? Just that respect, that's it man.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

He didn't touch Colby, the boomerang did.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Even Australia agrees there's nothing all that bad about hitting Covington in the face worth a boomerang. In response to the incident, they've chosen to make Colby Covington leave the country.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Mr. Werdum, please! Deriding the Boot is a Bootable offence!

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

:rolleyes:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11/17/16668846/ufc-joanna-jedrzejczyk-rose-namajunas-rematch-title-shot-strawweight-womens-mma-news

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

She should get an immediate rematch since she has been so dominant IMO.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I may be wrong, but every time they book an immediate rematch for a champ that lost brutally, the champ either doesn't make it to the fight (Cain, Weidman) or gets savagely beaten a second time (Andy)

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Snowman_McK posted:

I may be wrong, but every time they book an immediate rematch for a champ that lost brutally, the champ either doesn't make it to the fight (Cain, Weidman) or gets savagely beaten a second time (Andy)

eh, BJ lost more convincingly I guess to edgar, but edgar was closer in the second benson fight.

i think, its was a while ago.

edit: my bad you said brutally lost

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well I really enjoyed the last fight so I'm all for this v:shobon:v

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

I'm fine with either an immediate rematch against Rose or just her next fight will be for the belt.

Either way, I'm ready for it

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Snowman_McK posted:

You seem to be forgetting when Vitor won the belt by completely destroying Handy's eye and then losing the immediate rematch.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Just caught up. I freakin love gsp. What a lovely bloke.
This year seems lame for the rest of the events though which is a shame.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I personally feel like dominance prior to getting knocked out in the first round shouldn't automatically entitle you to a rematch.

Andrade should get the first shot at Rose as far as I'm concerned.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'd rather not have Rose copy Matt Serra too much.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Joana was a dominant champ for a long time, an immediate rematch is fine. It’s not like there’s a logjam if worthy opponents behind her.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Immediate rematches always feel pretty lame to me, like they're trying a re-do or something. I think Andrade earned another title shot based just off the Gadelha fight, but if they go that route then unfortunately there's really no one else in the division that I'd have any interest in watching Joanna fight in the mean time.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I'd like to watch them fight again tbh. I'm ok with an immediate rematch.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

El Roncho posted:

I personally feel like dominance prior to getting knocked out in the first round shouldn't automatically entitle you to a rematch.

Andrade should get the first shot at Rose as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I love Joanna but a rematch after a first-round blowout is always unappealing, no matter how good the champ was previously

The 115 title picture being wide-open again is a lot more fun

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Bec's opponent missed weight but that's okay it was short notice!

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

david carmichael posted:

I posted 1000 times in a single day

you need your avatar of nick diaz's shadow boxing to be properly suggestive of the experience of this

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Immediate rematches are stupid, unless the first fight ended in a terrible decision or a freak injury.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Bape Culture posted:

Just caught up. I freakin love gsp. What a lovely bloke.
This year seems lame for the rest of the events though which is a shame.

it was adorable how gsp said something really anodyne like 'rear end' or something in the interview afterwards then despite the adrenaline and it being a tough fight caught himself and immediately apologised for swearing :3:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It was balls.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

chaleski posted:

Yeah, I love Joanna but a rematch after a first-round blowout is always unappealing, no matter how good the champ was previously

The 115 title picture being wide-open again is a lot more fun

It’s not wide open though. It’s a bunch of people Joanna has already beaten and could likely beat again. Giving Joanna an immediate rematch keeps her well out of title contention for a while if she loses so you don’t end up with like, Rose losing to Andrade, then Joanna getting the belt back from Andrade one fight later, only to have to fight Rose again, and so on.

It’s fine from a matchmaking perspective and also because it will likely be an entertaining fight. If Rose is really the better fighter then she will win again.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

An Australian card without Ben10? loving bullshit what's even the point.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not exactly up in arms about Joanna getting an immediate rematch after her run but I think Karolina should have got the shot because she'd beat Rose again and become Karolina Champion.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

An Australian card without Ben10? loving bullshit what's even the point.

Good call. Where's he been anyway? He embarrassed Tim Elliot and disappeared.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
he's fighting in february

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I hope Rose mauls her again tbh

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

I'll gladly watch the fight, but the "She won, but I didn't lose. Still my belt" poo poo is always tiresome. Yeah, you've held it for 2 years. No one has been able to take it from you; until now. When it was taken. From you. In the first round.

That's my belt, fight doesn't count.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Saints Crow posted:

I'll gladly watch the fight, but the "She won, but I didn't lose. Still my belt" poo poo is always tiresome. Yeah, you've held it for 2 years. No one has been able to take it from you; until now. When it was taken. From you. In the first round.

That's my belt, fight doesn't count.

as coping mechanisms go its better than doing heroin or going to live in the woods

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

as coping mechanisms go its better than doing heroin or going to live in the woods

Yeah a lot of fighters are going to latch onto anything they can because fight psychology is weird and hosed up and varies widely from person to person. This is run of the mill stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Imagine getting hosed up so badly that you marry Travis Browne

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[Stefan Struve collapses in on himself like a black hole being formed out of a Dutchman after getting clipped by the 537th ranked heavyweight, Glundy Clorbo]

DANIEL CORMIER: Oh! That's a bad knock out; that's a bad loss, Joe. That's the kind that sticks with you. He might have to marry Travis Browne after that one.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Corm Mang: STUFFED NOSE! STUFFED NOSE! STUFFED NOSE! STUFFED NOSE!.....STUFFED NOSE!!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbnqzzOFC64/

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

I hope Rose mauls her again tbh

Same. gently caress Joanna

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Might as well cancel the card tbh...

quote:

UFC heavyweight James Mulheron has been removed from his bout opposite Cyril Asker at UFC Shanghai after it was announced that he had been flagged by the USADA for a potential violation on Saturday stemming from an out-of-competition sample collected on Nov. 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
same:

• Locked thread