Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

bartok posted:

I still don't get the logic of eliminating Becky Lynch first unless they somehow plan to keep Asuka away from the Four Horsewomen for the time being so they can sell those match-ups at future PPVs.

They just super duper do not give a poo poo about Becky. I doubt they thought twice about any of it. Compare how Alicia being captain of Team Raw was a recurring thing that got worked into her character and given repeated airtime, and Becky being captain was basically pointless and the only story re: the whole team was if Nattie would be on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/932463542841704448

It was really good. Easily Brock's best match of the last three years and easily AJ's best match of the last three....I wanna say weeks, at least.

This is so great, and it's the most basic and straightforward thing in the world - talk up how great the opponent is because it gives you (in this case Brock) an excuse if you lose, and if you win then you just beat one of the absolute best in the world.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

This is so great, and it's the most basic and straightforward thing in the world - talk up how great the opponent is because it gives you (in this case Brock) an excuse if you lose, and if you win then you just beat one of the absolute best in the world.

yeah but he did this post match thats what makes it better

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Brock Lesner just beat the best wrestler in the history of the industry, but here he is losing to Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania in 2018 and then retiring with his hot wife, beautiful children, and a lifetime supply of Jimmy Johns. The Big Dog transcends sports, entertainment, and even wrestling. Bow Wow. Please cheer for him.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Brock Lesnar will get a less physically demanding job after he retires from actually wrestling and become Roman's advocate.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Brock Lesner just beat the best wrestler in the history of the industry, but here he is losing to Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania in 2018 and then retiring with his hot wife, beautiful children, and a lifetime supply of Jimmy Johns. The Big Dog transcends sports, entertainment, and even wrestling. Bow Wow. Please cheer for him.

The worst thing about all this is we can talk the future in the present.

Pretty sad that I can watch a full year of wrestling and know none of it matters because I know what happens on the “season finale”.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

On the one hand, this is happening and Christ it sucks. On the other, this gangrenous endgame has been permeating the product for three loving years and at least in April Vince will FINALLY have executed this moment he needs so loving badly and we can finally move on to SOMETHING, ANYTHING else. I genuinely think the eventual Roman top run will be preferable to this death march towards Roman FINALLY beating Brock when literally no one else can ever ever ever.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

On the one hand, this is happening and Christ it sucks. On the other, this gangrenous endgame has been permeating the product for three loving years and at least in April Vince will FINALLY have executed this moment he needs so loving badly and we can finally move on to SOMETHING, ANYTHING else. I genuinely think the eventual Roman top run will be preferable to this death march towards Roman FINALLY beating Brock when literally no one else can ever ever ever.
Not even close to true, Cena was over on Smackdown before he became "The Guy" and then it was over half a decade of the Super Cena stuff being pushed down everyone's throats at the expense of the whole roster. It's going to happen again once Roman actually goes over but this time the roster he's running through isn't people we don't want to see like Orton or Triple H, it's going to be the roster everyone else would rather see as champion like Styles, Joe, Balor, Owens, etc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I genuinely think the eventual Roman top run will be preferable to this death march towards Roman FINALLY beating Brock when literally no one else can ever ever ever.

It'll be different at least, and we won't have the shadow of it hanging over every other bit of booking. What Vince's obsession will be after that who knows, but at least it is likely to be something else

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hope they do Brock vs. Roman and Brock wins just so we can see the crowd meltdown from the sheer dissonence and confusion.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What will Romans improvised god killer submission finisher be

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

It'll be different at least, and we won't have the shadow of it hanging over every other bit of booking. What Vince's obsession will be after that who knows, but at least it is likely to be something else
Quote this post after the Roman Empire Era is in year 7 starting at WM next year

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

If Wrestlemania was any indication, running the ropes three times and then putting on a lovely kneebar.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I hope they do Brock vs. Roman and Brock wins just so we can see the crowd meltdown from the sheer dissonence and confusion.

Beats him with one F5, a confused Vince backstage says,"But I've been building up that it is a Super-Finisher for years now so they'd know the match was over when he hit it... :confused:"

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I enjoyed the show, and I agree with Foochs on the main event. I of course get the Triple H stuff not working for people, and preferring that they'd use the opportunity to build Nakamura and Roode more etc. But I myself am a fan of Triple H, I get a kick out of the asskicker.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Quote this post after the Roman Empire Era is in year 7 starting at WM next year

K, will do.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man you didn't even need to have HHH actually be in the match to do the thing with Braun. Have him just be like, the coach or whatever like he was in 2014, then he Pedigrees Angle and Shane afterwards, Motorhead plays while he preens about like a jackass like "YEP IT'S ALL ABOUT ME BABY" and raises Braun's hand, then Braun gets pissed off and warns him, he tries to Pedigree Braun, murder happens.

It's a trick, the thread will be locked by then and thus unquotable!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

VJeff posted:

HHH is cool and good.

You posted that a few pages ago, now you're roasting The Game, this is questionable booking

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So, will it be at the Rumble or Mania that HHH beats Braun?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I still think it's gonna be HHH vs Angle. That's also why I thought Smackdown was going to win though. I was sure Triple H and Angle arguing was going to lead to Raw losing and when Steph tried to fire Kurt for it he'd point it was Hunter's fault, and that would lead to a match or something.

Now the team won so Kurt is keeping his job, he'll still be mad at HHH but the latter also has him over a barrel in terms of authority/power so I don't really know how they'll get to the next step.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Heavy Metal posted:

You posted that a few pages ago, now you're roasting The Game, this is questionable booking

He could've done the cool and good parts of the night (Too Sweeting Finn, getting owned by Braun and then walking into a screen) from the sidelines. I appreciate him trying to get some shine on Nakamura and Roode but I would've more appreciated him and Shane not being in the match so it could've been built around those guys more.

Alternatively I'm changing my position, but it doesn't matter because you dumbass wrestling fans won't remember in a week anyway. :mmmhmm:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 20, 2017

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

He cocks his fist two times.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

It's all about The Game, and how youOHSHIT

https://giant.gfycat.com/LimpQualifiedHake.webm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pseVgIOxtDs

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Roman starts cocking Lesnar's arm. Lesnar taps clean in the main event of Wrestlemania cause it's really awkward and uncomfortable feeling.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Owens and Rollins are my favs, and I'd like them to be the champs again sometime. And actually I'd like to see a babyface run for Owens. They'll have to be back up in the main event in the next couple years, and they'll both still be wrasslin' in 10 years.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HHH loving sucks, what a lovely ppv. Im glad i dont watch this crap regularly

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
I'm surprised how boring most of this PPV was to me considering I was kind of excited for it coming in. The main event was a loving slog. I feel bad cause though I really like Kurt, I don't enjoy watching him in the ring anymore.

I do however feel extremely lucky to be able to watch AJ, that dude can loving go, what a performer.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
actually hhh is cool as suggested by this tweet

https://twitter.com/WWEIndia/status/932448009991872512

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Am I broken? I hated the poo poo out of the Shield. Slow, boring, and terrible, yet getting a rub from the better team to rehab Reigns despite him being terrible at everything.

Hell, Sanity last night made them look like loving scrubs in comparison. Push Sanity.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 20, 2017

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Takeover was riveting start to finish, SS tonight was mostly good too, Brock/AJ was awesome, though I had to :lol: at Shinsuke, Joe, and Roode being the first three eliminations in the final match and 46 year old dad bod Shane no-selling Sami & KO's sneak attack making them look like schmucks.

RealFoxy posted:

Not even close to true, Cena was over on Smackdown before he became "The Guy" and then it was over half a decade of the Super Cena stuff being pushed down everyone's throats at the expense of the whole roster. It's going to happen again once Roman actually goes over but this time the roster he's running through isn't people we don't want to see like Orton or Triple H, it's going to be the roster everyone else would rather see as champion like Styles, Joe, Balor, Owens, etc.

Every time I think it might get better after Roman finally gets through beating Brock in five months, I remember Vince still has that over a year reign spite booking Punk in his back pocket and it makes me :gonk: all over again.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Liquid Communism posted:

Am I broken? I hated the poo poo out of the Shield. Slow, boring, and terrible, yet getting a rub from the better team to rehab Reigns despite him being terrible at everything.

Hell, Sanity last night made them look like loving scrubs in comparison. Push Sanity.

As a team is one thing, but based on their singles matches over the years, I find Rollins better than Eric Young and Kofi for example. In general Rollins is top tier I find, and if motivated and with a decent angle to run with, Ambrose is one of the better character guys around I think.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

As a team is one thing, but based on their singles matches over the years, I find Rollins better than Eric Young and Kofi for example. In general Rollins is top tier I find, and if motivated and with a decent angle to run with, Ambrose is one of the better character guys around I think.

Rollins is a good worker.

Ambrose is a good character.

Neither are well served as Reigns' props. He is a loving anchor that hurts both of them, and any heat they get is solely to put him over, now and forever, as far as the writers are concerned.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I agree. Pretty much with stuff like this or a de-push of Owens or Zayn and whatnot, I just hope for the best that they'll be allowed to bounce back later.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

I agree. Pretty much with stuff like this or a de-push of Owens or Zayn and whatnot, I just hope for the best that they'll be allowed to bounce back later.

Rollins, Ambrose, Zayn, KO, hell, even Finn. All world class talents, all trashed because the writers are here solely to push Reigns and Brock because Vince has a six foot hard-on for them and cannot be denied.

That's not to mention midcarders like the Wyatts who went from over and popular with the fans to completely destroyed by the booking.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 20, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Itami's terrible injuries were actually works to make sure Roman goes over.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Itami's terrible injuries were actually works to make sure Roman goes over.

Baron Corbin's hairline is the latest sacrifice.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

Baron Corbin's hairline is the latest sacrifice.

One day Vince is going to want to see what Corbin looks like with blonde hair, and Corbinmania will run wild.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone noted that Hhh is now the same age has hogan in wm 18. But Hogan, specially nWo Hogan is cool as gently caress and Hogan/Rock was legit good. Jericho-HHH was awful and the crowd didnt gave a gently caress about that match

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expecting news sites to report that Triple H was against the booking of the Survivor Series main event while Vince was for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
For all the bitching I have ever done about HHH, Shane has earned himself a spot in Shinjobi's doghouse as well for tonight's bullshit.

Shane McMahon got into my good graces by jumping off a cage at Wrestlemania, one of the few bright spots in an awful show. Similarly, he is jumping his rear end right out of those good graces by continuing to perform in the ring.

• Locked thread