Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I like Shane and im eager to see him wrestle the main event against a returning jack swagger in 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I am not sure I understand, maybe you could demonstrate?

I always have a little of some language, so heres to ya

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

make sure you're here in two months with me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The best part of the main event was when Roode was warming up to do the "GLORIOUS" thing and Finn was in the background, desperately yelling "DON'T DO IT!" Like the whole thing was deadly and if it happened it would have killed HHH.

I like when guys sell for taunts like it's so traumatic that it causes physical pain.

I also hope Sanity shows up on Raw and beats up the Shield so Killian Dain can take Roman's spot.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd be surprised if Kurt was jumping for joy over the thought of a Mania match with HHH in 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

We're going to be watching McMahon family bollocks in 2027.

lol at the optimism here

In reality, the team captains of the women's division match at Survivor Series 2040 will be Raw Women's Champion HHH's Daughter 1 and Smackdown Women's Champion HHH's Daughter 2, and half the build will be about them arguing over who's his favorite

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

who the fucks wants HHH-Kurt in 2018? It will be a sad and pathetic match and the build will be trash

Lock up, Kurt out wrestles HHH, HHH resorts to punches but is out punched by Kurt, they brawl to the outside and HHH flees back into the ring and hits the pedigree on Kurt who kicks out. The rest of the match is both men trading big moves and laying around with HHH hitting the Olympic Slam because there's that part of you that believes that HHH is a big enough oval office to actually beat someone with their move. The finish happens and both men shake hands as Cole screams about Respect even though in the Build HHH drove a bulldozer into his fake son or something.

HHH disappears for another six months before coming back to build to HHH Vs Road Dogg because everyone else is ether dead or retired.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I'm positive he just announced on a Smackdown,"And I'm gonna be the Team Captain!" and that's how we learned he was in the team? Did I just conflate that with Kurt on Raw following their invasion?

He's saying Real Person Paul Levesque booked himself in the match while Real Person Shane McMahon (probably) did not since he's just a performer.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I don't think the HHH stuff was especially bad in a vacuum, its the knowledge that this is more McMahon family drama, a match with Kurt, and likely the return of The Authority that makes it awful. If I don't project into the future, his work in the match was fun.

The crowd still pops for Trips despite his age and declining quality, and he let people beat his rear end and then post-match he let Braun terrorize him, all of which is good. Hitting your finisher on your rival teammate so you can steal the glory is a pretty hilarious heel move, and if it had been done with two wrestlers I want to see, I'd be all for it. I don't want to see any more Joe vs. Finn for a while but it would have made sense for them, and at least it would be newer stars instead of old attitude era fossils.

In other news, I actually enjoyed the Bliss/Charlotte match a lot (as an admitted bigtime Bliss fan) and it's cool to see that while she isn't a ring general by any means, Alexa can be carried to a good match. She's improved a lot in her limited time wrestling.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think I would have preferred if they had held off giving Charlotte the title and had Carmella cash in on Natty. Not sure when it will make sense for her to take it off Charlotte now, and I doubt they’d make both cash-ins this year failures

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
RIP

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/932604459141750790

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Also Tamina had two eliminations! :haw: And Lana got to throw her shoe and yell NOOOOOOOO

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goodbye Georgia Dome :smith:

You'll live on forever in the gifs of the night Goldberg won the title from Hogan

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They already made another one. They don't stop making those ugly things.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Aphrodite posted:

No, Shane the character definitely did it. I just mean that everything Triple H does that people don't like also has that element of knowing he's in charge behind the scenes too.

That's fair. However, I believe Shane has a decent level of creative control on his character too. He couldn't force Brock to sell his lovely punches, but outside of that, every angle he's been a part of appears to be of his making. I could be wrong about that, and he certainly doesn't have a title that implies that he can control the booking like Triple H does, but every angle Shane's been in has served him more than it's served the person he was feuding with.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

At least the main event had one silver lining: it finally dispelled that old myth people like to talk about that HHH likes or supports the NXT guys or wants them to succeed. Nope. That's sorta kaput now. 6 NXT champions involved in the match (counting KO and Sami) and all of them were made to look inferior to Shane and Hunter.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
For what it's worth, most of them were made to look inferior to Braun, Cena and Orton, not Shane or Hunter. Shane and Hunter just got to last longer.

But Shane totally punked KO and Sami and made them look like pathetic weaklings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dacap posted:

I think I would have preferred if they had held off giving Charlotte the title and had Carmella cash in on Natty. Not sure when it will make sense for her to take it off Charlotte now, and I doubt they’d make both cash-ins this year failures

Right about when WWE stops worshipping Ric, so....

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Advertised for RAW tonight:

- Fallout b/w Triple H and Braun

- Whatever happens next for The Shield

- Talking about Asuka being the sole survivor for the RAW Womens Team, and what the future holds for her.

- Setting up Brock's next challenger

- How will The Bar, Miz, and Alexa react to their losses, and what will the consequences be?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ric Flair is cool. At least he isnt a loving murderer like Snuka

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ric Flair is cool. At least he isnt a loving murderer like Snuka

Ric Flair has definitely had at least a few people killed.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Woo!

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Liquid Communism posted:

Am I broken? I hated the poo poo out of the Shield. Slow, boring, and terrible, yet getting a rub from the better team to rehab Reigns despite him being terrible at everything.

Hell, Sanity last night made them look like loving scrubs in comparison. Push Sanity.

no, you are right because i agree with you. anyone who likes the shield is a cop

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aphrodite posted:

Ric Flair has definitely had at least a few people killed.

such as?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Me.

I'm a vengeance ghost.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rip Aphrodite and Ric Flair.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The release of the Man of the Moon Netflix documentary on Friday kind of got lost in all the Wrestling news this weekend.

It has been extremely well reviewed.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DarkstarIV posted:

Advertised for RAW tonight:

- Fallout b/w Triple H and Braun

- Whatever happens next for The Shield

- Talking about Asuka being the sole survivor for the RAW Womens Team, and what the future holds for her.

- Setting up Brock's next challenger

- How will The Bar, Miz, and Alexa react to their losses, and what will the consequences be?

-A very long and terrible HHH/Stephanie promo

-One of your favorite wrestlers will be introduced into a terrible new feud (may involve Bray Wyatt)

-One of your least favorite wrestlers will be introduced into a terrible new feud (may involve Jason Jordan)

-Enzo will be there

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

The release of the Man of the Moon Netflix documentary on Friday kind of got lost in all the Wrestling news this weekend.

It has been extremely well reviewed.

Jerry Lawler came looking like a loving idiot

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes, it's good.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

I will say that might just be the best “scared shitless” HHH face I’ve seen.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

projecthalaxy posted:

At least the main event had one silver lining: it finally dispelled that old myth people like to talk about that HHH likes or supports the NXT guys or wants them to succeed. Nope. That's sorta kaput now. 6 NXT champions involved in the match (counting KO and Sami) and all of them were made to look inferior to Shane and Hunter.

Whenever HHH was in the ring with an NXT champion, they looked pretty good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I bet tonight Braun will be killed off again in a new and exciting way for the crime of depicting HHH in a prone or vulnerable position. Maybe HHH will smugly chew gum and dissolve him in acid, or melt him with a laser.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonna just get on the wwe site for the first time in years

Gonna just avoid the wwe site for more years

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Gonna just get on the wwe site for the first time in years

Gonna just avoid the wwe site for more years

https://twitter.com/WWEIndia/status/932448009991872512

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i keep on thinking Triple H is ryback, when looking At some of the pics.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Can't wait to hear from tonight on Raw!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I heard that AJ/Brock was going to main event the PPV until about halfway into the PPV and then they changed their minds.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Cavauro posted:

i keep on thinking Triple H is ryback, when looking At some of the pics.

Wake up, it's shoveling time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
You know, I have to wonder if that was some good acting by Triple H or he was legit terrified Braun was going to shoot on him

• Locked thread