Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Also some tooltips for what wandoos does would be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eternalmajin
Apr 5, 2009

something posted:

edit: Also build 297 is up, you have automerge and auoboost, hopefully bug-free, enjoy.

24-hour challenge, it says 20exp and 1 perk per boss after Boss 57. Just did my first run of it and ended on boss 68 but only got 5 perks for it. The example lists 60 => 62 being only 1 perk, so is it supposed to say the reward is for every other boss after 57 instead of every boss?

And thank you for putting in the boss number on the fight screen!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

something posted:

You hit the nail on the head, i HAD max energy and max magic bonuses but then discovered that welp, you can take off the equipment and keep the resources allocated.

I thinkni can maybe try enforcing a rule that you need idle energy equal to an item's bonus before unequipping it and that may resolve the issue , but there may be other cases where you can break the limitation I haven't thought of yet. The alternative idea is i just force-remove energy or magic from features but that sounds worse. You could innocently do some swapping of gear and lose all your energy on something important without knowing.

It's tricky.

edit: Also build 297 is up, you have automerge and auoboost, hopefully bug-free, enjoy.

if you automerge on an equipped item, it gives you the message for autoboost (but does not actually autoboost) and the equipment won't merge. Automerge works fine in inventory. Autoboost is great.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 25, 2017

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Right the 24 hour challenge is a bit messed up, and it may get trashed for a better variation. But it's meant to be 1 PP per 2 bosses after 57, rounded down. so 68 - 57 = 11 / 2 = 5.5 = 5. But the tooltip's hosed. I'll work on the challenge side of things more now that you're all getting to that stage.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Also some tooltips for what wandoos does would be good.

I think the new wtf tab should explain it? if not, tell me what's not clear after reading it.

e: poo poo meant to add to my other post, sorry!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The gold income bug in Realms Revolution was fixed so now it's just trash instead of strangely compelling jankiness. I'll stick with it in case the dev unfucks things but ugh.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Logged back into Realm Grinder after ages, any good guides for me to get caught up with all the new stuff added? Right now I'm at R57 with enough gems to get to 58 with dragon research and a bunch of spell tiers unlocked.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jade Rider posted:

Logged back into Realm Grinder after ages, any good guides for me to get caught up with all the new stuff added? Right now I'm at R57 with enough gems to get to 58 with dragon research and a bunch of spell tiers unlocked.

All this stuff just got updated from this week's patch: http://musicfamily.org/realm/R47-R60/

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've been playing ITRTG since August and I still struggle to pinpoint what's kept me playing it, but lately I feel like the game has started to click a bit more in terms of its mechanics. It also helps that the Steam version of the game runs great (Kong sucks).

For reference my stats are still 260k clones / 2275% BS / 17 cc, 250 unspent GP, 1 UBC done. I'm down to my last 6 uncapped skills with the final skill about 22k away from 1-cap. I've spent a disproportionate amount of my GP in CC (started with a guide that suggested buying 2 cc per 20k clones / 185%bs), but will probably cool off on it to focus on the other 2 core stats.

One thing I've started to appreciate is just how much can be accomplished in one long rebirth. About a week ago I'd climbed back to P.Baal 6 (my highest kill at the time) and had to go out of town for a weekend, so I left the game open to help 1-cap some more skills and set up for a big fat divgen. I dropped about 80k clones on the generator itself while spam-creating moons to keep stone in stock and slapping the rest on upgrades. Came back to a 0/28/28 machine, started building monuments and beat P.Baal 7 with ease.

I was gonna go out of town for thanksgiving and had the big generator so figured, no point in rebirthing just yet, I may as well see how far I can push with planet upgrades. So I set my clones up to auto defend and build creation / mystic crystals, train up the Clones On Planet might skill, and keep the divinity generator nice and full. Once the crystals were rolling though I figured, may as well try for my first universe while I'm at it. I upgraded my planet to level 4 before I left and made sure I had a couple hundred quadrillion worth of divinity left as stones.

Came back today and I'm up about 80gp for doing nothing and have a planet multiplier of 165k%. Also returned to see I'd created my first ever universe and that also promptly went into the planet. I blew through p.Baal 7 and 8 and beat 9 pretty easily unleashing might. I'm now whittling away ITRTG. ratcheting up the TBS crit damage and feeding clones to my pets to get as much multiplier as possible so that I can kill p.baal 10 and get the next pet. If I do then I'll have killed 4 new gods in this one week-long rebirth.

I'll probably do some speed runs today to capitalize on the divinity GP boost and jump up my clone count and building speed, medium term I was thinking of shifting focus to UBCs since I have skills 1-capped to Teleport. If you guys have better suggestions I'm open to them, I feel like I've broken into the midgame now but still feel a bit overwhelmed by directions I could go in.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

The gold income bug in Realms Revolution was fixed so now it's just trash instead of strangely compelling jankiness. I'll stick with it in case the dev unfucks things but ugh.
:(

Did he report on what caused it because I still want to know

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

:(

Did he report on what caused it because I still want to know

From the game's description: I’m surprised that the game is so buggy! There was unpredictable gold revenue growth if gold production exceeds 10^11. I hope it is fixed now.

Either way, I'm still playing although that fix has REALLY slowed things down.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Falcon2001 posted:

From the game's description: I’m surprised that the game is so buggy! There was unpredictable gold revenue growth if gold production exceeds 10^11. I hope it is fixed now.

Either way, I'm still playing although that fix has REALLY slowed things down.

Yeah, the game is incredibly slow now. I can't seem to get to the army stage with any speed anymore. I have 1.15 million % bonus to waterboys and gold gains are so, so, so slow. I really hope it gets unfixed or we get some other options to get past this part of the game. It is much less fun now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'll probably do some speed runs today to capitalize on the divinity GP boost and jump up my clone count and building speed, medium term I was thinking of shifting focus to UBCs since I have skills 1-capped to Teleport. If you guys have better suggestions I'm open to them, I feel like I've broken into the midgame now but still feel a bit overwhelmed by directions I could go in.
It was probably a mistake to upgrade your planet that early. As you're seeing, ITRTG is tough to kill without 600-700k clones, so you might have trouble making crystals past five hours in a rebirth until you get up there. Too late now though, there's no way to downgrade your planet.

I'd prefer DRCs over UBCs. They'll go much faster and the sooner you do them the sooner your total might starts growing much faster.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
@something - Apologies if you've been asked this before, but on the augmentation screen, is there/can there be a way to automatically remove your energy from an augment once it finishes, instead of immediately starting a new one? Alternatively, make it so you pay the gold cost when the augment finishes, instead of when it starts? Having the game deduct a chunk of gold from an augment I don't intend to finish sucks, because it means I can't spend that gold on something else, such as the money pit.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
You gotta pay upfront to prevent some forms of shenanigans but yeah I mean to add a "stop at" type feature.

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.
@something:
Since the bonus per point on item special effects isn't the same, it would be nice to have the tooltip read "Current bonus 199/500 (19.9%)" I only noticed this when I got clockwork items and they have bonuses that are an order of magnitude worse (per point) than MagiTech's bonuses.

Probably already on your list: it seems like Blood Magic tiers are locked until you reach certain bosses (like augmentations are), but there isn't anything to indicate this in the UI.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

cyrn posted:

@something:
Since the bonus per point on item special effects isn't the same, it would be nice to have the tooltip read "Current bonus 199/500 (19.9%)" I only noticed this when I got clockwork items and they have bonuses that are an order of magnitude worse (per point) than MagiTech's bonuses.

Probably already on your list: it seems like Blood Magic tiers are locked until you reach certain bosses (like augmentations are), but there isn't anything to indicate this in the UI.

:eyepop: what are your stats like if you're killing clockwork adventure bosses already? Or more pertinently what strategy have you been using to go so fast?

@something I noticed when applying a special boost to something with multiple bonuses it won't carry over. So if I have magic speed 19/20 and energy speed 16/20 if I put a boost 5 in I'll only use one of it and max out just the magic part.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Tap Titans 2 continues to get a steady stream of patches. Last week they just added another 10 artifacts along with a number of quality of life improvements. The game is in an impressive state after almost a year of steady updates and it looks like they're starting another special event next week. The goon clan continues to be active if anybody wants to check it out. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801833

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

:eyepop: what are your stats like if you're killing clockwork adventure bosses already? Or more pertinently what strategy have you been using to go so fast?

I have about +60 on my MagiTech Items and built up a 3x attack/defense/charge multiplier overnight, which was enough to boss hunt (cast charge, wait for charge to cool down, and use offensive buff, ultimate buff, piercing attack, charge, ultimate attack). 500/100 base attack/defense. I'm nowhere close to being able to kill them in a normal run.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I tapped out on Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms. The combination of them popping out $100 in exclusive items as "DLC" during early access that can't be obtained in any other way and that are strictly twice as good as what's obtainable in any other way, and the fact that I found that they've got short-term (1-4 day) buffs that are only available when you buy the bigger chest packs (which, again, can't contain the best items) really show me how hard they are pushing for whaling in this game. While I was on pace to complete the event, I think, it certainly felt like the difficultly for it was also targeted at whale-level players, so I'm definitely not comfortable supporting any of that.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Please add at least some form of toggle to be notified about the Money Pit. Every time I go to rebirth, I ask myself "is there anything I've forgotten?" then I rebirth and remember "oh right, the Money Pit, the thing I interact with once every 4 playthroughs." It's real easy to forget it exists when there's no reason to ever go to the Money Pit screen except for preparing to rebirth.

If you really don't want to add a notification (and I remember you saying earlier you didn't) then consider implementing reasons to go to the Money Pit aside from once a run. My initial feeling would be to make it so you can use the pit multiple times a rebirth, but every time you use the Money Pit the time before you can use it again doubles or triples in length. So an hour after rebirth, two or three hours after that, then four or six and so on.

It would also be nice if Advanced Training had some lasting effect, like Might does in ItRtG. I don't think it'd be a good idea to have it work exactly as Might does. Once again just throwing something out there, every time you rebirth you get 1/2 or 1/4 of the level of the skill banked. You wouldn't keep it on rebirth, but you would have a bonus to training speed up to that banked limit. So if you had 20 points in a skill and rebirthed, you'd get 10. Then to get to level 1 you'd have a 100% training speed boost, but to get to level 2 it's diminished to 90% or what not.

Again, I'm just spitballing here. I have no experience in any sort of game design so these systems could be broken in a way I don't understand.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

something FYI the "WTF does this do" tooltip for inventory is missing the new D+Click functionality.
Also, the D+Click functionality doesn't work on equipped equipment... rendering it kinda useless.
That said, thank you for finally adding this functionality but... man I sure would love it if I could automate it! I know it gets kinda complicated with "which item should get what merge/boost" so if you want some help there, I could come up with something but it's your game so I'll leave it to you first. :)

Edit: Actually, considering there's a "zwoop" pop-up for boost merging and a "fwoop" for equipment merging, it would appear that D+Clicking on equipped equipment is actually trying to do an A+Click action, as I get the zwoop instead of the fwoop. Looks like a bug for sure!

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 27, 2017

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

NGU I had a ring that was protected in my inventory and 3 unprotected new drops. I did the D click on one of the unprotected ones so I could manually drag it to the protected one (habit from stuff I'm wearing due to a bug already reported). All the copies merged even the protected one, which jumped to that location. All special buffs seem correct and it remained protected over there. Shouldn't protection stop this type of merge? Not that I had any loss from this it was just kind of unexpected.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Re: D + click: That was me copying the tooltip message for A+ click, it's definitely attempting to run the automerge code. So I'll dive into that the next couple days. I'l l also make sure it just plain doesn't touch anything with the protected flag on.

Re: Money pit notification: My only issue is automating it, but I can add a reminder for it when you click rebirth, sure.This weekend i went through and refactored the poo poo out of the challenges, perks, and augment code ( as in, the challenge and perk stuff is almost entire new code under the hood), and also messed with augment stats cause the numbers atm are absolute spitballs for balancing. Next build will likely force respec your perks just to be safe that nothing gets busted. I'll also add a couple new perks to help with wandoos and the feature i don't think anyone here's unlocked yet to begin with.

Re: special boosts not carrying over to the next bonus, that's kind of intentional, so you'll want to use smaller boosts. If it's truly horrible I can try to get overflow boost to apply.

something fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 27, 2017

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Looking for a good game for iOS. Played Clicker Heroes but it had no charm or personality - all the heroes and skills were the same with barely distinguishable tiny portraits, and overall the presentation was lacking. Still, I liked it and only quit when progress slowed to a grinding halt after ascending a few times. Played Spaceplan and that had gorgeous presentation but was over quickly. Tried Realm Grinder but couldn't get past the muddy, washed-out visuals. Any others I should check out?

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

RVWinkle posted:

Tap Titans 2 continues to get a steady stream of patches. Last week they just added another 10 artifacts along with a number of quality of life improvements. The game is in an impressive state after almost a year of steady updates and it looks like they're starting another special event next week. The goon clan continues to be active if anybody wants to check it out. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801833

Can I play this in Bluestacks with an autoclicker and not get banned?

I played legit on my phone when the max stage was 3500 but I'm pretty sure it hosed up my fingers for a while

remeez fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 27, 2017

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

dantheman650 posted:

Looking for a good game for iOS. Played Clicker Heroes but it had no charm or personality - all the heroes and skills were the same with barely distinguishable tiny portraits, and overall the presentation was lacking. Still, I liked it and only quit when progress slowed to a grinding halt after ascending a few times. Played Spaceplan and that had gorgeous presentation but was over quickly. Tried Realm Grinder but couldn't get past the muddy, washed-out visuals. Any others I should check out?

I play the Shadow of War game like an idler, but that's not a point in its favor, nor is it what you're looking for. Egg inc is not good, but it is visually nice. Realm Grinder gets easier on the eyes with time & it's one of the 3 Ur-idle games, so you'll probably want to play it eventually. There was that dragon egg game but I think people hated it pretty quickly. I know there were a couple ported like Clicker Heroes and RG. ITRTG was, right, and paperclips? Most phone idles are not good or engaging in the slightest.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I was deep into playing paperclips in a browser window on my phone so I didn't check it out but the reviews in store for paperclips app are pretty abysmal

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Well, uh...that reincarnation went pretty quick. Took me 18 days to get to R1, 3 1/2 to get to R2. Given, I went with an Elf/Titan/Dwelf build and was a lot more active. I guess the evil alignments didn't boost passive production as much as I thought they did, because Diamond Pickaxe + Moon Blessing was killing. Got from like 3e24 gems to 2e31 in five minutes of clicking.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm locked in for A2, just finished up Genealogist and I leveled all Lineages to 25+. R97 and it's time to grind :q: e- didn't cheat Demon Perk 2, either :whatup:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

RG thanksgiving event is live, seems to be just free rubies each day through nov 30th. :effort:

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Merijn posted:

RG thanksgiving event is live, seems to be just free rubies each day through nov 30th. :effort:

I'll take it. Rubies are great for making GBS threads out excavations.

On that note - does resetting your excavations also reset the number for Diamond Pickaxe?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

dantheman650 posted:

It's text based so it isn't pretty but have you played A Dark Room? It gets a little more hands-on than most incremental games near the end (not in a bad clicky way) but it's definitely a classic

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

remeez posted:

Can I play this in Bluestacks with an autoclicker and not get banned?

I played legit on my phone when the max stage was 3500 but I'm pretty sure it hosed up my fingers for a while

I don't think this is an issue and there are several people who play on Bluestacks in the clan. In general, Tap Titans 2 follows the typical clicker structure where clicking mostly evaporates in the end game but there are tapping optimized builds.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

D34THROW posted:

Well, uh...that reincarnation went pretty quick. Took me 18 days to get to R1, 3 1/2 to get to R2. Given, I went with an Elf/Titan/Dwelf build and was a lot more active. I guess the evil alignments didn't boost passive production as much as I thought they did, because Diamond Pickaxe + Moon Blessing was killing. Got from like 3e24 gems to 2e31 in five minutes of clicking.
Some power spikes will let you complete a few reincarnations in hours before the exponential requirements catch up with you again.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
At what clonecount should I bother to level my planet from 2 to 3 - 400K or 500K? Still sitting at 210K right now in the middle of my second DRC, which... isn’t going as fast as I’d hoped. I’m sitting on 52GP, all parked in Phys for lack of a better idea of what to do with it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
In general you want to split your loose GP evenly between Defense, Attack, and HP, which usually means half in Mystic and half in whichever of the other 3 gives you the most Attack. If Battle is the highest by a very large margin you probably want to add Physical and split 3 ways, since Battle gives you no HP.

Without might or a mystic crystal, the third UB takes around 400k clones to beat.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Paperclip game is good. Thanks, thread.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

NGU
So I'm at the point now where I've idled in the Cave of Many Things enough to get +100 of all the cheese equipment. I can go to the High Security Base and kill anything with active buff use but I still can't idle in The Sky without dying. I assumed the point of advanced training was to make it so you could idle the next highest area before getting equipment to +100 but now even that's not helping when trying to idle The Sky. I came to the realization, though, that the buffs from advanced training aren't actually changing any numbers. At least, the stats in the inventory screen aren't changing at all.
Basically, I think the balance for The Sky is a bit off if +100 equipment from the Cave can't get you to idle it. I still like the idea of using advanced training to help your manual battles at higher tier locations work but considering all the effort I had to put in just to get the equipment this good, it seems like I should be rewarded with the ability to idle and get the next tier of equipment.

Or am I bumping up against the end of the game and not realizing it? ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

DaveKap posted:

NGU
So I'm at the point now where I've idled in the Cave of Many Things enough to get +100 of all the cheese equipment...
Basically, I think the balance for The Sky is a bit off if +100 equipment from the Cave can't get you to idle it. I still like the idea of using advanced training to help your manual battles at higher tier locations work but considering all the effort I had to put in just to get the equipment this good, it seems like I should be rewarded with the ability to idle and get the next tier of equipment.

Advanced training definitely works, but you're probably not at the point where it will do much unless you train it for hours (it only adds 1% bonus per level). To idle sky you'll need to invest some experience in combat stats (primarily attack) and/or get some equipment from High Security Base and boost it.

Sky seems like the zone that tells you you're going to have to spend some exp on adventuring stats to progress in adventure mode if you haven't been doing so already. It's also about the point where you can start choosing between faster runs that give you more experience and longer runs that let you progress your equipment more quickly, which for me has been a lot of fun to try to find a balance.