Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Everyone in boxing is ducking Charlie Zelenoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
if tj can't beat john dodson, he won't beat dj

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

El Roncho posted:

Then DJ has even more to lose than GSP did with no real incentive to do it. TJ isn't some golden boy who will assure buys.

Well he is the size of a boy

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
What is she -- oh, it's two people's arms

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

I like how no amount of photoshop can make Roxanne Modafferi look imposing or formidable.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Skip My Posts posted:

https://streamable.com/gcilt

the kennedy beating *kisses fingers like a wop*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:discourse:

Congrats user Skip My Posts for tying user PCOS Bill on lifetime probations.

Seriously though, Kelvin owns.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I enjoy Jerusalem's slowly mounting sadness and frustration with us

Bluedeanie posted:

he's sponsored by xbox and needs to plug MGS2 Platinum Edition, you cant hold that against him

lol

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

old.flv posted:

I can't decide what is the most Overeem fight - I think it's the Travis Browne one because he looked amazing right up until gassing and getting murdered.

I still maintain this is the funniest fight ever. There's so many layers. The best is that, when Browne knocks Overeem down with about 10th kick he's thrown in a row, he runs forward, and he's so tall an awkward it takes a small but noticable moment for Browne's head to catch up with his body.

El Roncho posted:

Then DJ has even more to lose than GSP did with no real incentive to do it. TJ isn't some golden boy who will assure buys.

Dillashaw headlined 177, which was the cursed card that did about 3 buys.

The TJ thing made sense when TJ didn't hold the BW belt. Now he does, however, and him going down a weight-class, thus tying up the belt, makes no loving sense at all.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Snowman_McK posted:

I still maintain this is the funniest fight ever.

It's still Yvel vs. Kongo.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It's still Yvel vs. Kongo.

Is that the one in which there are no fewer than eight low blows and it ends with the ref being KOed? Or am I just describing Yvel's entire career.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He's also a perpetual frontrunner and gets knocked out the moment a fight starts going wrong.

the tyrone spong fight in k1 was so weird, because he was one or two rounds down and turned the entire fight around by making spong's face into a clay putty nightmare face with one punch. it was the one time in his career overem mounted a 100% successful comeback.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

CommonShore posted:

Is that the one in which there are no fewer than eight low blows and it ends with the ref being KOed? Or am I just describing Yvel's entire career.

Yvel vs. Kongo is two kickboxers engaging in the greatest grappling match of all time. Yvel KO'd the referee in his next fight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CommonShore posted:

:discourse:

Congrats user Skip My Posts for tying user PCOS Bill on lifetime probations.

Seriously though, Kelvin owns.

They might be trying their hardest but they are both like little babies compared to the master.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Yes.

Also, the time Wanderlei kicked him in the dick so hard that it cracked his cup. It was literally the first shot of the fight.

Yvel's given us a lot of...highlights.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
DJ is afraid of Dillashaw. Probably remembers how he lost to Cruz and doesn't want a repeat. Champs should be willing to take all comers. Embarrassing stuff

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Also when he spent the whole Don Frye fight knuckle deep In Frye's eye sockets and acted shocked and angry when he got DQ'd.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
The funniest fight ever will always be the mixed mma/kickboxing match between a cheating Aoki and a Japanese anime cross dresser.

If anybody hasn't seen it you owe it to yourself to YouTube it right now and don't google anything about it beforehand.

ed:
:iamafag:

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Yeah a Real Champion should just fight anyone from any weight class. It was Real Competition when there weren't any weight classes at all. Also they shouldn't wear gloves!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

mewse posted:

Yes, DJ is ducking

MMMMMMJ don't need to duck cause he's already short enough as is.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

El Roncho posted:

Yeah a Real Champion should just fight anyone from any weight class. It was Real Competition when there weren't any weight classes at all. Also they shouldn't wear gloves!

One's 5'6 and the other is 5'3

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Remember when super fights between champions were rare treats and not obligations?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I don't care about ducking or not. The idea of having the fight at catch-weight with both titles on the line is interesting though.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I can't even find a source for the MMMMDJ thing, I think we got rused by Auron

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
So is the Lauren Murphy fight this Friday just her being a can getting fed to an actually-decent fighter?

I mean, it won't matter, because the woman Lauren's fighting is an undefeated Brazilian weightlifter, so there's definitely going to be a tainted-horse-meat excuse in her near future.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

El Roncho posted:

Remember when super fights between champions were rare treats and not obligations?

Is a person really a champion if no one has ever heard of the people they have beat? DJ ducked so hard his best excuse was that TJ might not make weight, so he needed to fight a guy no one cares about who doesn't make weight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Acinonyx posted:

Is a person really a champion if no one has ever heard of the people they have beat? DJ ducked so hard his best excuse was that TJ might not make weight, so he needed to fight a guy no one cares about who doesn't make weight.

Pretty sure Dillashaw has heard of John Dodson.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Acinonyx posted:

I can't tell who's ironicposting anymore

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

I can't tell who's ironicposting anymore

nobody has ever ironicposted

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

This is hard to find in quality that doesn't look pixelated. Here's one of my favorite Robbie murders against Frank Trigg.

https://gfycat.com/HonestAromaticBluebird

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol you can just make some lovely excuse up and say dj said it and people will defend it vehemently

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Why did he get probated for that

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Gay Horney posted:

Because the mod is a fa.... I mean a Nazi.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gay Horney posted:

Why did Skip My Posts, a poster with a loving laundry list of probations and bans, get probated for using a racial slur? Hmm, good question

:thunk:

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

El Roncho posted:

This is hard to find in quality that doesn't look pixelated. Here's one of my favorite Robbie murders against Frank Trigg.

That upper cut after Trigg is down is brutal. It's Trigg though so I am sure it was fully deserved.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

El Roncho posted:

He powers up as he's beating the poo poo out of him
Edit--I didn't see the slur my bad.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fozzy The Bear posted:

:qq:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

haha

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

Why did Skip My Posts, a poster with a loving laundry list of probations and bans, get probated for using a racial slur? Hmm, good question

:thunk:

I’ve never been banned. You should be banned for saying I’ve been banned before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I will enjoy when DJ eventually gets around to wrestlefucking Dillashaw into a fine paste and everyone who called him a coward jumps back on the bandwagon.

• Locked thread