Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

Not that anyone gave a poo poo after like the fifth round, but I'm just going to leave this here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

That's me in 7th place having set my predictions before Australia practice and then never touching them again for the entire season.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
the entire point of predictor is to make the stupidest name and then never check it

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Vettelreich? More like VETTEL'S SHITE!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Thanks Ants posted:

Vettelreich? More like VETTEL'S SHITE!

Delete this crap.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Lol, Rob stole the car from Stroll. Upholding Polish stereotypes.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Lance Stroll is in hospital because he binned his lorry while having a wank over some bird named Claire

These jokes do not have the finesse anymore

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I live near the highest concentration of poles and right wing nut jobs in the UK and I’ve never heard that one.

Fyi. The current mood amongst even the most hardline racists I know is sympathy over the way Mike Ashley and the slum landlords are taking advantage of the poor bastards. Not so much “poles go home” as “listen lad, you will be paid less than minimum wage and be forced to pay £500 a month to sleep on a damp floor, are you sure you want to be here?”

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

It's more of a German one. As in this joke:
Ad for a Polish tourist agency: "come to Poland, your car is already here"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

learnincurve posted:

I live near the highest concentration of poles and right wing nut jobs in the UK and I’ve never heard that one.

Fyi. The current mood amongst even the most hardline racists I know is sympathy over the way Mike Ashley and the slum landlords are taking advantage of the poor bastards. Not so much “poles go home” as “listen lad, you will be paid less than minimum wage and be forced to pay £500 a month to sleep on a damp floor, are you sure you want to be here?”

what does he means by this?

awaiting track day bro season review

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

Review teaser:

:itwaspoo:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

DoctorGonzo posted:

? Mike Ashley uses polish people as literal slave labour at sports direct which is based in the UK. he’s been called out on it by parliament, courts, the police, the press, everyone, and yet this scum is still allowed to steal our oxygen.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

learnincurve posted:

? Mike Ashley uses polish people as literal slave labour at sports direct which is based in the UK. he’s been called out on it by parliament, courts, the police, the press, everyone, and yet this scum is still allowed to steal our oxygen.

Signore this is a Ferrari dealership, do you want the FXX or the FXX-K?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I would like the 355 hard top, and hold the flappy paddle gearbox, before throwing it in the trash where it belongs please.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Has there been any more about Sauber becoming FORCE ALFA?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Aston Martin in the gulf colours please.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
STOP TROLLING

Pirate Radar posted:

Has there been any more about Sauber becoming FORCE ALFA?

Wherleim or whatever the gently caress name his name is its unsure about his future and he was the money guy i think?

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Nov 28, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pierogi posted:

It's more of a German one. As in this joke:
Ad for a Polish tourist agency: "come to Poland, your car is already here"

Germans accusing Poles of theft :ironicat:

DoctorGonzo posted:

STOP TROLLING

Wherleim or whatever the gently caress name his name is its unsure about his future and he was the money guy i think?

Firstname Lastname is the money guy, Wehrlein's just hitching a ride on Toto Wolff's back.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Who is Ericsson’s money? Not his family.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

Germans accusing Poles of theft :ironicat:

Firstname Lastname is the money guy, Wehrlein's just hitching a ride on Toto Wolff's back.

I stand corrected. A Ferrari backed Alfa Romeo with Leclerc and Giovanazzi would be more interesting that whatever the gently caress Sauber is doing now IMO

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pirate Radar posted:

Who is Ericsson’s money? Not his family.

H&M, Ramsbury Invest and Sauber's owners Longbow Finance. Oh, and chuck in a Rausing for good measure too.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2016/07/24/revealed-the-30-billion-formula-one-backers-from-sweden/#1fdc43527f9b

Some pro-tier financial fuckery, as you'd expect from the Swiss, going on to keep Firstname Lastname in a seat.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

I will do this, at some point.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

I will do this, at some point.

Its a shame that a fair and hard working team like Scuderia Ferrari was cheated by the english and the germans of Mercedes. Disgraceful.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Its a shame that a fair and hard working team like Scuderia Ferrari was cheated by the english and the germans of Mercedes. Disgraceful.

They definitely get a 10 outta 10 from me op. #forzaferrari

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don’t think anyone is talking about an Alfa Romeo team. Ferrari wants both Leclerc and Giovinazzi to have race seats for next year, but Haas won’t take either of them and Sauber wants to keep Ericsson’s money. I believe the idea currently is to replace Ericsson’s money with Alfa Romeo sponsorship and brand Sauber’s engines. It’s just a way for Ferrari to justify giving Sauber extra money without putting the Ferrari logo on their cars.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The Pole set a best lap of 1m41.296s on the softs to finish eighth-fastest before vacating the car so Lance Stroll could run in the final couple of hours.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Zak Brown is starting to do his Zak Brown things: https://www.thisisf1.com/2017/11/27/petrobras-to-sponsor-mclaren-renault-in-2018-f1/

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I feel like we haven't spent enough time discussing how bad Zak Brown's pronunciation of 'Renault' is.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Pierogi posted:

Posting on the 2nd page in anticipetion of Williams driver number 2, Bob K.

7 | Lance Stroll | Williams | 1'40"454 | +02"686 | 14
8 | Nikita Mazepin | Force India | 1'40"890 | +03"122 | 78
9 | Robert Kubica | Williams | 1'41"296 | +03"528 | 100

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

:toxx: Ban me if Alonso wins the title next season in the 2018 FIA Formula 1 World Championship :toxx:

Trust me, folks, it hurts ME to make that kind of toxx.

It has been noted

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Massa confirmed as a McLaren driver for 2018, bye bye Alonso :byewhore:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Pierogi posted:

7 | Lance Stroll | Williams | 1'40"454 | +02"686 | 14
8 | Nikita Mazepin | Force India | 1'40"890 | +03"122 | 78
9 | Robert Kubica | Williams | 1'41"296 | +03"528 | 100

Welp, gently caress this world.

gently caress it. Just loving gently caress it. Who cares about anything anymore?

What is the point of anything?

gently caress F1. It died with the logo and it died when that armco almost sliced Kubica's fuckin' arm off gently caress it all gently caress this god drat loving gently caress gently caress

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Welp, gently caress this world.

gently caress it. Just loving gently caress it. Who cares about anything anymore?

What is the point of anything?

gently caress F1. It died with the logo and it died when that armco almost sliced Kubica's fuckin' arm off gently caress it all gently caress this god drat loving gently caress gently caress

Sorry, what was that? I can't hear you over the sound of Stroll DRAGON-loving the Miata that is Kubica.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok, ok, maybe he wasn't setting hot laps or anything and it was just getting through the regular programme... alright come on it's not too bad he's not that far off from..... Mazepin? Stroll???

:negative: :negative:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

I feel like we haven't spent enough time discussing how bad Zak Brown's pronunciation of 'Renault' is.

I haven’t paid attention, does he pronounce the L?

Theophany posted:

Sorry, what was that? I can't hear you over the sound of Stroll DRAGON-loving the Miata that is Kubica.

Since when did I become a HUGE Stroll fan?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

No, gently caress you, you're already on the fence in terms of tolerance. The thread can't take you becoming pro-Stroll as well this is too much

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

He pronounces it as if the first e was silent. It's oddly jarring.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He was out for a few laps at the start when track evolution and temps would have been poo poo.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

No, gently caress you, you're already on the fence in terms of tolerance. The thread can't take you becoming pro-Stroll as well this is too much

Stroll owns, friend. You can't say I haven't articulated this simple truth to you many, many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Everyone likes *in Seinfeld Voice* The Stroll

Nobody likes the balding pole with skeleton arm action

• Locked thread