Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Bhodi posted:

I have a i7-2600 and a gtx 970 and run all vr games just fine. You don't need to upgrade and the rift doesn't have the resolution to make cranked graphics pop anyway.
This, with the caveat that some poorly-optimized indie Unity titles like Onward will run like rear end on anything but the latest and greatest, despite 90s-era visuals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

rio posted:

Hey gang, I just got an Oculus as an impulse purchase on Black Friday and am all about this poo poo. I did the 2 sensor 360 setup and it is pretty good - have you all noticed a remarkable difference adding a 3rd sensor? It pretty janky since I have the computer and sensors in weird places in my living room to accommodate the setup so the 3rd sensor might just be worth it to not have it al out in the open in aesthetically unpleasant ways but at least I can be using the optimal 360 room size setup for now even though it looks like poo poo.

Do any of you all play Rec Room? I have met some cool people there in the two days I have been playing but also some screaming kids so I’d love to play with goons to avoid the trash, even though there are some good people it is kind of a crap shoot. My name there is blitzstrahl of you see me around.

Also I am looking for some recommendations for my daughter. I have bought way too many games to start out but not many that are appropriate for her. Her head is a little to small for the headset so she keeps one hand free to adjust the headset while using the other touch controller in her right hand so games that can be played with one hand without much in the way of elaborate button pushes would be good. Fruit Ninja was the one she tried so far and that went well. She also would like just things where you explore I think.

Its free so worth checking out, but look up 'farlands'. Its a very casual game that you come back to daily where you catalog animals in alien environments. Go fishing and catch new fish, and new bugs. Unlock toys to play with the animals, unlock new environments with new animals and stuff. Its very much a kid friendly game and can be played one handed. Also might want to check out 'lucky's tale' also free. It does require 2 hands, but its a seated mario style platformer so maybe the headset would be ok without holding it as shes not moving around a bunch?

Also stop by the goonVR discord. Rec room isn't played a lot, but i still find some of the quest stuff fun if theres a group of actual people and not just little random kids.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Also, SteamVR is pretty glitchy compared to Oculus Home. It has already crashed a number of times and lurches around sometimes. Home runs perfect. Just Valve half assing the boring part of their software or think I have something wrong?

SteamVR has always been glitchy in the sense that it crashes at times, games will fail to close and need to be force quit, the audio won't switch, or won't switch back automatically, and stuff like that. Its usually just fine when in game, but... yeah its got a lot more legacy bloat to it no question.

TVs Ian posted:

I’ve been having a little weirdness with SteamVR home on my new Oculus. Basically, little flashy/twinkly V-shapes (like 3 pixels each) all over the display in the home. It seems to go away in actual games. I did have some insane rainbow flashiness the first time I tried Nvidia VR Funhouse, but it went away when it went to the second scene (and I happened to take the headset off and it was on the monitor version, too) and didn’t come back the next time I opened it. One other app got them when I changed a graphics setting, but went away when I turned it back (maybe the FSAA setting?).

I have to dig around the SteamVR settings and see if I can figure out what’s doing it. But I guess the settings aren’t accessible for the headset, so I don’t know what my options are.

It’s a new PC so I haven’t gamed on it much, but I haven’t seen anything like that with any non-VR stuff.

This is a longshot, but do you also notice this effect when in some of the destinations/steamvr home photogrammetry and other environments? The steam environments use their engine, and it does some weird on the fly resolution and foveated blurring stuff depending on your performance. Its one of the reasons I started using UE4 for the photogrammetry stuff I was doing since the large scenes would have artifacts and blurry parts and stuff that bugged me. If your computer isn't super high end its possible you're seeing artifacting effects from the engine doing that stuff, and thats why you only notice it there and not in any games (since nothing else I'm aware of uses their engine in VR).

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Tom Guycot posted:

This is a longshot, but do you also notice this effect when in some of the destinations/steamvr home photogrammetry and other environments? The steam environments use their engine, and it does some weird on the fly resolution and foveated blurring stuff depending on your performance. Its one of the reasons I started using UE4 for the photogrammetry stuff I was doing since the large scenes would have artifacts and blurry parts and stuff that bugged me. If your computer isn't super high end its possible you're seeing artifacting effects from the engine doing that stuff, and thats why you only notice it there and not in any games (since nothing else I'm aware of uses their engine in VR).

I haven’t noticed, but I’ll check it out next time I’m on my PC. It’s an I7-8700k with a GTX1080TI, so I’m pretty sure it’s not an issue of specs, unless something is horribly wrong that I haven’t noticed yet.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

TVs Ian posted:

I haven’t noticed, but I’ll check it out next time I’m on my PC. It’s an I7-8700k with a GTX1080TI, so I’m pretty sure it’s not an issue of specs, unless something is horribly wrong that I haven’t noticed yet.

Naw you should be running everything fine, more so if you've not messed with supersampling much yet. Theres nothing you cant crush currently. Either theres something glitching out, or its just steamvr being a dumbass. I wouldn't put much into it if its only happening in home.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Bhodi posted:

I have a i7-2600 and a gtx 970 and run all vr games just fine. You don't need to upgrade and the rift doesn't have the resolution to make cranked graphics pop anyway.

That's helpful, thanks.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Thanks for the recs. Soundboxing and War Thunder win by virtue of being cheaper. I've actually always preferred WW2 dogfighting to fake WW2 in space dogfighting anyway.

I hope we see a non-coop bridge sim kinda thing. I'd be way more into a vr space sim for a bigger ship (ala Serenity or the Millenium Falcon) than another Wind Commander ish thing. Even the space trucker thing in Elite would feel better if it wasn't a cockpit tho I haven't tried it in VR yet.

Also, I'm gonna look at that Farlands but any other recommendations for something rpg or adventure but exploring like a brighter fantasy world? Nothing grim? My wife was liking Mage's Tale a lot but was getting sick of the dungeon. I was just playing Vanishing Realms which has a lot of environmental interactions she'd dig but aside from sporadic bits seems to be all dungeon.

Gorn is loving dangerous. I swapped around my office last night to clear out enough room for VR and haven't had any mishaps with VR till Gorn. Flailing around I managed to slam into the wall and then a minute later a chair off the side. Glad the hardware seems to be sturdier than I expected.

Also, feels like Oculus is missing out majorly by not going heavy on accessories. For one thing that's an easier way to make money on the hardware like console makers have been doing forever, but with all the sensor/cabling fiddle factor there's lot of need. Just official extender cables would be something, but a break out box kinda thing sorta like the psvr would be helpful for being able to position your roomscale farther from the PC. Wireless camera sensors would be ideal. Due to the magic of Amazon free one day I already have another sensor and glad I bought it. I don't necessarily feel any difference but it made the setup simpler for the bigger space.

EbolaIvory posted:

What kind of hardware? SteamVR isnt as optimized for the rift like home is. My 960 was AMAAAZZZINNNGG with anything oculus only, steamVR just shat on it though. My 1080 is fine and I rarely have steamVR actually crash (And typically its some lovely buggy game taking it down).

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
Spent the last hour playing STAND OUT. This is my first VR BR game and it was fun but so so janky. Especially the vehicles, oh wow the vehicles. I was able to kill a couple of players but I wasn't sure if they were bots or real people. Aiming is incredibly hard. But all in all it really had that PUBG feel. Also, the weapon distribution is bad. Again, I liked it.
Edit: I really really liked the vaulting mechanic.

jubjub64 fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 28, 2017

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Thanks guys for all of the suggestions. I will be checking out all of those games you mentioned. Work Simulator is on my to do list since I saw it on YouTube and found it very funny - I hadn’t thought of that for my daughter and having a mode for kids that makes the height lowers is great!

I also finally got out of the native Oculus store program and am trying Steam VR. It is rough around the edges but I like it a lot since there are more bells and whistles in it to play around with like the weekly quests to customize your avatar. I don’t like that they don’t show hands holding devices though - that seems like a bad design decision, although maybe with the Vive it is better than the Rift. I tried it because I wanted to buy Elite Dangerous and was holding out since it was 50 bucks on the Oculus store and then read here how low the price was on Steam. I assumed that prices would be consistent between stores - how often are prices different between stores? I am definitely more invested in Steam but I have also bought a whole lot on the Oculus store since getting it.

Regarding the GTX970, someone told me that it was trash and would barely be running games but I haven’t experienced that at all. In games like Robo Recall they will start me on low graphics settings but after manually raising them I don’t see any performance issues so I don’t know what that’s about. This is with a 4th gen i7 btw. I was really considering upgrading to a 1070 but I am just not seeing performance issues yet - are they really pronounced with current VR games? I tried the Coco app for example to see if my daughter might like t and it had the gtx1070 (I think, maybe 1060) as a minimum sped but even after bumping up the graphics it ran just fine on my setup.

Oh, I will also take the guy’s word for it who recommended the 3rd sensor. I feel like it is pretty good right now but if anything it will let me hide some wires by not needing to have 2 sensors spread really wide at the corners of my play space.

Edit: I just got Job Simulator and decided to do it off of steam since I have a lot more invested in it and consolidating my games in one place is appealing. I am having an issue that I will try to describe but it’s hard - the perspective will randomly change left or right, up or down ever so slightly like my head is moving but I am staying still. I went back to Steam VR and it is actually happening there too but I didn’t notice it for whatever reason. Is this an issue with Steam or is it on my end? I have not had the issue at all in my other games (in the Oculus store) which is why I am wondering if it is a Steam issue. I don’t get VR sick apparently since I rarely get nauseous in real life but I did get pretty disoriented at first and think I was falling. I got used to it through a whole session but it isn’t idea and I wouldn’t want my daughter dealing with that. Maybe the third sensor will help but it is odd that it is only with Steam. I guess I could always get a refund and buy it through the Oculus store if it is different between stores?

rio fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 28, 2017

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Assuming its not paired with some gen 1 i3 or something, it should be fine. guessing you're just having the same steamvr bullshit most of us do.

Advanced settings can help iron poo poo out. Def grab it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

jubjub64 posted:

Edit: I really really liked the vaulting mechanic.

Is it like Climbey? Climbey with guns sounds rad.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

EbolaIvory posted:

Naw you should be running everything fine, more so if you've not messed with supersampling much yet. Theres nothing you cant crush currently. Either theres something glitching out, or its just steamvr being a dumbass. I wouldn't put much into it if its only happening in home.

Interestingly enough, when I was playing around with it tonight, it was only on the big "wall screen" in Home. Not on the actual headset's display, but on the in-environment screen. I was in that corner of the room and I got a brief flash of it on the actual display, but the only place it was consistent was on that one wall. Like some kind of weird texture corruption.

I tried other environments without that wall and they were all fine, but every time I went back to the base room it was there.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

Republicans posted:

Is it like Climbey? Climbey with guns sounds rad.

Haven't played Climbey but basically you hold down a button and then you can grab a ledge or whatnot and move your character over or through an obstacle.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

FuzzySlippers posted:

I hope we see a non-coop bridge sim kinda thing. I'd be way more into a vr space sim for a bigger ship (ala Serenity or the Millenium Falcon) than another Wind Commander ish thing. Even the space trucker thing in Elite would feel better if it wasn't a cockpit tho I haven't tried it in VR yet.

Also, I'm gonna look at that Farlands but any other recommendations for something rpg or adventure but exploring like a brighter fantasy world? Nothing grim? My wife was liking Mage's Tale a lot but was getting sick of the dungeon. I was just playing Vanishing Realms which has a lot of environmental interactions she'd dig but aside from sporadic bits seems to be all dungeon.

Its not a first person game, and a lot more traditional, but maybe check out Chronos? Its a fun action RPG, in a very interesting fantasy world, played sort of like a dark souls thing. I loved it, and a good game to play if you want to relax and not jump around the room. You could also look at soulkeeper vr? Its a pretty well made game, not sure how long it is though. Also Mage's Tale isn't the same dungeon the whole game, theres a few different environments, I mean, it is a dungeon crawl so you're always in enclosed places, but there is more variety as you go on.

EDIT:

rio posted:

Edit: I just got Job Simulator and decided to do it off of steam since I have a lot more invested in it and consolidating my games in one place is appealing. I am having an issue that I will try to describe but it’s hard - the perspective will randomly change left or right, up or down ever so slightly like my head is moving but I am staying still. I went back to Steam VR and it is actually happening there too but I didn’t notice it for whatever reason. Is this an issue with Steam or is it on my end? I have not had the issue at all in my other games (in the Oculus store) which is why I am wondering if it is a Steam issue. I don’t get VR sick apparently since I rarely get nauseous in real life but I did get pretty disoriented at first and think I was falling. I got used to it through a whole session but it isn’t idea and I wouldn’t want my daughter dealing with that. Maybe the third sensor will help but it is odd that it is only with Steam. I guess I could always get a refund and buy it through the Oculus store if it is different between stores?

I'm pretty sure thats an issue wish steam thats been there for a while, especially since you haven't had it outside of steam. I seem to recall seeing reports of stuff like that going back to last year, not just with the rift but with vive owners as well, not sure what the cause would be. Might be something to do with tracking that steam just isn't handling well but oculus doesn't have a problem with? Shouldn't really be the case though because steamVR just takes the info from the oculus software for position, boundary and all that. Could be the 3rd sensor will fix it for steam, but I don't know.

Theres usually not a difference between the same game on steam and the oculus store, in that if it runs steamVR and oculusVR, the steam version will run native for whichever headset you have. There are however some games, and according to a quick google search job sim is one of them, where for whatever reason the steam version only runs steamVR instead of natively running the oculus build. In those cases, yeah I would say get it on the oculus store definitely, but also make sure you're not missing a launch option to start it in oculus mode instead of steamVR mode in general.

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 28, 2017

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

rage-saq posted:

1070ti is new and about equal to the 1080. I would get whichever is cheaper.

Well, I wouldn't call it "about equal", I believe 1080 can easily overclock for a 10-15% FPS increase, while the 1070ti is limited to always perform below a base 1080. The 1070ti should be a good chunk cheaper than the 1080 before buying one. New vs new, the 1070ti seems to be a better value at the moment, but if you find a good deal on a 1080 with a form factor or cooler you want, or maybe a great deal on a used one, it should warrant consideration. Overclocked it might give just enough extra oomph to run some newfangled VR game at the highest settings that the 1070ti might not.

edit: Also 1070ti is 5-10% slower than a stock 1080, so an overclocked 1080 can be a 20% spread.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 28, 2017

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Every first-person game needs a good vaulting mechanic.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Thanks for the recs. Soundboxing and War Thunder win by virtue of being cheaper. I've actually always preferred WW2 dogfighting to fake WW2 in space dogfighting anyway.
If you're into WWII dogfighting and want something a bit more substantial and less f2p-grindy than War Thunder, also have a look at the new IL-2 series.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003
FYI I was in a Microsoft store today and they had a "TPCast for HTC Vive" in the store sitting next to the Rifts and Vives. It was very tempting but a janky accessory for an accessory just seems a bit too much for me.

I was really surprised since I haven't seen them on the MS store for awhile. Getting one from a physical MS store is a good plan since they seem to be very nice on returns/support.

Does anyone have any impressions of ZomDay or Eternal Warriors VR? That Sairento bundle is really tempting.

Link:
http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5418/TRIPLE_KILL_VR_Bundle/

Mini Viveport Subscription Review: You have to download their app, and then the launch the apps using the Viveport app, everything seems fine. Annoying that your data will be locked up with Viveport data not Steam data, also note the user name displayed is the "Firstname, Lastname" on you HTC account. Caught me off guard playing Arcade Saga and seeing my real name appear while I was streaming out. You can change your name but they don't accept any numbers in your Firstname or Lastname.

Arcade Saga review: seems alright. It's 3 minigames, breakout, holoball, and an archery game. Both the holoball and the archery game seem pretty decent and they seem to have a significant amount of single player content. I played each for about 30 minutes and managed to get about 1/4 through the content. Assuming it scales up there might be many hours of pretty decent content. Def. decent for the $.50 it's slot in my Viveport Subscription will cost.

Stick100 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 28, 2017

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Ralith posted:

If you're into WWII dogfighting and want something a bit more substantial and less f2p-grindy than War Thunder, also have a look at the new IL-2 series.

Is it playable with a controller if you crank down the realism settings? I do like that it has a proper single player campaign.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Really waiting for that Robo Recall Steam port.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

SEKCobra posted:

Really waiting for that Robo Recall Steam port.

You'll be waiting forever, I believe it will never come over. Robo Recall was made by Epic at Oculus' direction/payment. There is a SteamVR mod of it but you still need to buy the game on Oculus (or get a Rift+Touch/use someone's account).

https://github.com/LibreVR/RoboRevive

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Stick100 posted:

You'll be waiting forever, I believe it will never come over. Robo Recall was made by Epic at Oculus' direction/payment. There is a SteamVR mod of it but you still need to buy the game on Oculus (or get a Rift+Touch/use someone's account).

https://github.com/LibreVR/RoboRevive

Didn't they literally release the entire source code for the game at launch? I would take that to mean they won't sue someone if they do their own fan standalone Vive executable...

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

Didn't they literally release the entire source code for the game at launch? I would take that to mean they won't sue someone if they do their own fan standalone Vive executable...

RoboRevive is functionally the same as a standalone SteamVR executable anyway.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

SwissCM posted:

RoboRevive is functionally the same as a standalone SteamVR executable anyway.

OK then, sounds like SEKcobra should just "add non-Steam game to library" and call it a day.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I'm not paying 30 € for a game that might work OK.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

SEKCobra posted:

Robo recall works fine on vive. Buddy bought it because I was ranting and raving about it and it’s the most fun he’s had with his vive.

It works better than ok. It works fantastic.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

SEKCobra posted:

RoboRevive makes the game run with the UE4 SteamVR plugin instead of the OculusVR one. Apart from the Touch controllers showing up in one or two places the game plays and performs like (and is quite literally) a native SteamVR title.

Tim Sweeney is on record for despising VR hardware exclusivity, I don't think the ease of this mod was an accident. Just speculation though.

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 28, 2017

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Thanks everyone for the advice in buying and setting up. All my stuffs arrived today, set up, played. Maybe best gaming experience of my life. Just loading the Arizona night scene in H3VR and shooting at bottles and setting off fireworks, while listening to music is such a good way to spend time.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

FuzzySlippers posted:

Is it playable with a controller if you crank down the realism settings? I do like that it has a proper single player campaign.
Dunno, never tried. Wouldn't be surprised if you could bind all the important controls (especially in highly-automated german planes or with realism low) but aiming might be difficult with low-quality short-throw sticks. Maybe check their forums for experience reports?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Had to refund eve valkyrie yesterday because it seems to be entirely broke (surprise surprise CCP being poo poo). Couldn't get past eula unless I used a keyboard (didn't recognise my 360 controller at all), couldn't realign my screen (had to stand) and couldn't get controller configuration working to the touch. Whole thing was borked. Pretty disappointed as it looked pretty.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

WMain00 posted:

Had to refund eve valkyrie yesterday because it seems to be entirely broke (surprise surprise CCP being poo poo). Couldn't get past eula unless I used a keyboard (didn't recognise my 360 controller at all), couldn't realign my screen (had to stand) and couldn't get controller configuration working to the touch. Whole thing was borked. Pretty disappointed as it looked pretty.

Well that is the smart move anyways. It's multiplayer only, which is dumb in this tiny niche market.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Hoping my refund goes through soon so I can get SUPER HOT and/or Tilt Brush.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

WMain00 posted:

Super hot is definitely worth it. Tilt Brush is a really cool program but did you try Quill yet? Its similar to tilt brush and comes free with the rift, so you may want to spend the money on super hot, play around with quill and see if its the kind of thing you want to spend more money on, and then look into tilt brush.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

For anyone who's a fan of Penn and Teller, LRR or Terrible Old Games You've Probably Never Heard Of, it has arrived

Downloading now, doubt I'll post any impressions because Desert Bus doesn't conform to anything at all, really.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

WMain00 posted:

Huh, odd well when they made it cross play with flatscreen gaming, they must have messed up the VR version. That's too bad as it was the definitive launch game of the Rift and consumer VR.

House of the Rising sun is a decent (although very short and pretty easy) single player space dog fighting game. It's worth a couple of hours if you can catch it on deep sale. I can't compare it to Everspace or Elite since I've never played them. Also maybe Starway Fleet is decent. I've never played it but it seems like it gets updated pretty often and might progress from an Early Access title to something really good. http://store.steampowered.com/app/610680/Starway_Fleet/

I bet with Vorpex there probably are some good non-VR Starfighting games that worth well in VR. It seems like the easiest genre to get working from a non-VR game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Paingod556 posted:

For anyone who's a fan of Penn and Teller, LRR or Terrible Old Games You've Probably Never Heard Of, it has arrived

Downloading now, doubt I'll post any impressions because Desert Bus doesn't conform to anything at all, really.

quote:

Desert Bus VR released on November 27, 2017 – the date selected by Robert “DoctorBobtastic” Nix, the winning donor during the Desert Bus for Hope 2017 “Choose the Desert Bus VR Release Date” charity drive. November 27th is also Robert’s birthday, so if you see him on that day this year, or any other year for that matter, be sure to give him a nice, big cake.

He also chose to make the driver’s default signature Bill “BWOS” Watt, a tribute to the late LoadingReadyRun crew member.

poo poo, it's so realistic you can feel the dust in your eyes even without owning a VR headset... :unsmith:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

WMain00 posted:

Super Hot was so, so good. I played it the first day I got my Oculus and it blew my mind. Genuinely freaked me out a few times too.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
My favorite part of Desert Bus was how they built it in that the bus had terrible alignment, so you always had to be slightly fighting the wheel for those long eight hours. I plan on getting a rift once I get a few more USB ports for the computer, but this will totally be a game I check out for nostalgia purposes (and for the penn and teller radio station!).

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

rio posted:

Super Hot was so, so good. I played it the first day I got my Oculus and it blew my mind. Genuinely freaked me out a few times too.

I love the endless mode and keep going back to this. It's simple to grasp, hard to master. Takes deliberate movement, which can mean moving slowly while holding strange positions, which gives a unique workout. I'd pay for another dozen endless mode areas, even if they used the various story mode areas.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm some pages behind the thread but I'm makin the sacrifice of fuckin' up my last read spot to give a heads up GMG has Dooooom VFR for 15% off plus a VIP code for another 10% for 5 days, final price in my cart is 29.99 $22.94. Sweet, store page says it comes out on Friday!

https://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Where are US people buying protubes? The manufacturer site seems crummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

Seashell Salesman posted:

Where are US people buying protubes? The manufacturer site seems crummy.

Well since it's a brand:
https://www.protubevr.com/

He's the only seller. Thankfully he recently significantly dropped the shipping cost.

Also he's great on customer service and will respond quickly to anything you want (or cancel your order). His website seems fine, except "Baguette Quality" on the menu is a big odd.

Stick100 fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 28, 2017