Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I loving called it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype finally coming to N3DS! Right? ....Right...?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oh, they actually did something.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:stare:

Holy poo poo they actually announced something. MM11 and MMX Collection? (shut it, it's basically gonna be all of them :v:) Sweet.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Art style looks pretty bad and generic but I’m glad it’s not another NES throwback. Gameplay-wise it looks pretty fun. I hope it’s good!

Any Legacy Collection announcement for Switch? I want that more than an X collection.:smith:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Uh oh, it's a 2.5D game. Bring out the torches!

and burn the 8-bit or bust people alive

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Electromax posted:

The biggest optimist in me says Mega Man X Collection with X1-6 but doubt it. Mega Man 11, mayyyybe but that still sounds like too much work.

:unsmith:

MM11 teaser:
https://twitter.com/MegaMan/status/937762291415576576

yessss! looks great IMO.

Also where that "teal rock Mega Man" artwork came from after all.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Already looks better than mn9 or gunvolt.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Any Legacy Collection announcement for Switch? I want that more than an X collection.:smith:

Wish granted

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I'm actually kind of digging this new design for Mega, it feels like a pretty cool way to keep the classic look fresh.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

cautiously optimistic for mega man 11. i think the style has a lot of potential because it looks really smooth, and i really like the slightly reworked design the artist did on paper ("a mix of cool and cute"). i feel like the walk cycle is a bit slow on mega man but the moving pace itself is fine, but that's just minor nitpicking. level design seems a bit cluttered but it could very easily just still be in development.

but of course, this is capcom, and there's always the chance they're gonna wang this up pretty badly.

surely they're looking at mighty no 9 for what not to do, right??

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I really hope Mega Man 11 turns out good AND the reason Capcom puts effort into the project was a massive spite "gently caress you" to mighty no 9.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I certainly don't trust Capcom the company, but the devs in these vids seem like legit Mega fans, so I think this might work out.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ChaosArgate posted:

Wish granted

:D

Apparently with amiibo support. It’ll probably add the amiibo challenges from the 3DS Legacy Collection 1.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've always been interested in giving X8 a shake, so those ports are nice.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Already looks better than mn9

:yeah:

quote:

or gunvolt.

Nah.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

A lot of people are dumping on the lady for saying something wrong. Never change, gamers.

Cool that we’re getting the X games rereleased on everything, especially Switch, but most of them are pretty terrible.

Eh, X1 and X4 stand well above the others, but X2-3, X5, and X8 are decent.

Although, I guess X6 and especially X7 drags things down a fair amount...

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
As much as I like the idea of Mega Man 11 making an rear end out of Inafune and Mighty No. 9, the game's going to have to be the greatest video game ever made or else it's just not going to get the message across.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

this guy they keep interviewing about the art seems really smart about they want to approach things

stuff like "while we're working in a 3D environment, i want this to be a 2D game that gives the illusion of 3D" and "platforming becomes less distinct when environments are in 3D and it's harder to tell where platforms end"

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Star Man posted:

As much as I like the idea of Mega Man 11 making an rear end out of Inafune and Mighty No. 9, the game's going to have to be the greatest video game ever made or else it's just not going to get the message across.
It's better than nothing.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It looks all right. I doubt it's gonna be mind blowing but it looks better than Mighty No. 9 for sure.

I'm glad that he can charge and slide again.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kaubocks posted:

this guy they keep interviewing about the art seems really smart about they want to approach things

stuff like "while we're working in a 3D environment, i want this to be a 2D game that gives the illusion of 3D" and "platforming becomes less distinct when environments are in 3D and it's harder to tell where platforms end"

The staff does seem to know what it’s doing. It won’t be another MN9.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Holy crap they're actually making a new Megaman game, doesn't look too bad either. Given how Megaman looks when he's using a weapon this might actually be where that little bit of concept art from a while back was from.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 4, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

The staff does seem to know what it’s doing. It won’t be another MN9.

Man we've known about this game for 20 minutes, after what happened with MN9 I'm not holding my breath

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It doesn't need to be mind blowing, it needs to be solid, with a mix of old and new ideas to right the train and build a foundation for the future.

Worry about making the Breath of the Wild of Mega Man when you're not trying to resurrect the franchise and it's on solid footing again.

At least from a visual perspective, they're doing that. The art design is familiar, but new, with some fresh additions like revised character designs, more modern style of graphics instead of being trapped in the past, and some strong changes like Mega Man transforming when he uses the weapons.

It's exactly what it needs to be. I'm excited for it.

EDIT - as for Mighty no. 9 comparisons, the footage we've seen has explosions that don't look like canned tomato sauce being splattered on the screen. So it's already better than that.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The Mighty No. 9 comparisons are unfair because even though I'm not 100% down with the visual style of 11, it already looks much better than Mighty No. 9 did. I can also tell from the level design shown off so far that it's much better than Mighty No. 9's level design.

It might not be the best Classic Mega Man game but I'm fairly confident it'll be decent at least.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

TheKingofSprings posted:

Man we've known about this game for 20 minutes, after what happened with MN9 I'm not holding my breath

To be fair, MN9 lead with concept art and promises with nothing of substance besides Inafune's name attached to it, MM11 just showed what they've got.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

The Merkinman posted:

It's better than nothing.

I'll be fine with the game even if it's just okay. It's just going to take a lot for Inafune to get the message that he and his team royally hosed up and that his old company can do it better and without him.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Considering people love Mega Man 9 and didn't hate 10, I don't see a reason to be too worried about this game's quality. I'm not super excited about it or anything, but I'm sure it'll probably be pretty good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I'm personally just glad to be getting a new Megaman game at all this point.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

From the trailer, you can already see that the arc of Rock's jump and his physics are similar to the classic games, which is pretty essential to the flow of a Mega Man game.

You can also get a look at level design, which shows a lack of stuff like MN9's blind hazards and risky jumps. The first time he encounters the roller enemy, it's behind a destructible wall, allowing a novice player to study its movement and patterns before attacking it. A hazard with an electrified platform over a pit of spikes is partly on screen before Rock tries to move on, allowing him to visibly destroy it.

So, yeah. You can already tell in significant ways that this game is very different from MN9 and avoids, in this footage at least, some of its worst aspects.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I am excited for my Switch to become the ultimate Mega Manchince once the Legacy Collections, X1-5, and MM11 are available for it

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well I'm cautiously hyped as usual. X8 was fun to me, but it also had an absurd amount of platforming rooms where you had only a few pixels of margin before instant death due to spikes or wall clinging over huge bottomless pits. MM10... well I haven't played it in a while even via Dolphin, but I honestly remember almost nothing about it whatsoever. Sorta wanna know which development studio they farmed it out to now.

Within a year from now I hope to have MM 1-11 and X1-8 on Steam. It's some strange alternate reality where I keep pinching myself to end the dream.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Andrigaar posted:

Well I'm cautiously hyped as usual. X8 was fun to me, but it also had an absurd amount of platforming rooms where you had only a few pixels of margin before instant death due to spikes or wall clinging over huge bottomless pits. MM10... well I haven't played it in a while even via Dolphin, but I honestly remember almost nothing about it whatsoever. Sorta wanna know which development studio they farmed it out to now.

Within a year from now I hope to have MM 1-11 and X1-8 on Steam. It's some strange alternate reality where I keep pinching myself to end the dream.

Judging from how they had producers coming on and talking about it, it's likely an internal team at Capcom.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I have only seen a 30 second clip so I am in no position to make an informed judgement at all, but I'm going to predict that it won't be amazing but also won't be bad like the vast majority of classic Mega Man games. My psychic prediction is that it will be resoundingly okay.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
hell yeah i'm hype for mega man 11 let's go capcooooooooooooooom

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Box of Bunnies posted:

I am excited for my Switch to become the ultimate Mega Manchince once the Legacy Collections, X1-5, and MM11 are available for it

same

even if 11 turns out to be *just okay* at best, having the X games and the legacy collections on switch is an extremely good outcome

that said, i'm unreasonably excited for MEGAMAN loving ELEVEN!!!!!!!

GET THE gently caress IN

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

yoooo this game looks really pretty.
they perfectly captured the old sprite art in 3D
and they remembered charge shots and sliding this time!

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 4, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

oh god Augus and I agree about a video game

maybe this'll be a disaster after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

MechaX posted:

X4 stand(s) well above the others

People keep saying this and then I look back at X4 and I'm like "you really think this is anywhere near as good as X1? Are you high?"

It's not as bad as X5 or X6, but it's still a cluttered, claustrophobic mess with horrible perspective, levels broken up in tiny chunks, a "fortress" that's like maybe two normal levels worth of content max, an entire level that's just riding the bike, and a bunch of bosses that are complete jokes, bullet sponges, or both at the same loving time.

Yeah, playing as Zero was cool, and I loving loved that game when I was like 12, but it has not held up nearly as well as we remembered it.

In other news, MM11 looks cool.