Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

I'm the grammatical errors.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And they were married for 23 years before having their first kid?

I'm suspicious....

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Lisa: A passive-aggressive bitch

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Usually I'm pretty lenient when someone is exaggerating or making a joke but that's not even funny. It's just a portrait of a woman on the edge.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I could see my stepmom thinking that kind of thing would be a funny joke where she exaggerates the situation to make people laugh, but honestly it just sounds like she hates her kids and husband (probably because he made her wait through 23 years of marriage before having children).

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

You don't even want to know the first kid that she disowned.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
They had a baby after being married 38 years? So like, minimum this couple is mid 50s. How many extra chromisomes does the baby have?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

also you would think someone living with a teenager until they are 18 would have learned years ago that plans with data caps/text message limits(do those exist anymore?) are a recipe for disaster.

Refrigerapist
Dec 11, 2004

Drunk Tomato posted:

They had a baby after being married 38 years? So like, minimum this couple is mid 50s. How many extra chromisomes does the baby have?

The baby is nothing but chromosomes.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
How the gently caress do you raise a kid to 14 and then go "wow that was really awesome and I want to do it again!"

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
And the kid on the ipad just said his first swear words

At age 9

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

How the gently caress do you raise a kid to 14 and then go "wow that was really awesome and I want to do it again!"
You adopt.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
It was pretty clearly written by a lovely "Last Man Standing" type man (Tom) - note the following:

1. Complaints about male heirs being unathletic
2. Complaints about cell phone data plan usage
3. Inability to spell Sephora
4. Concerns over daughter sneaking in boys
5. Innocuous anecdote about leaving golf shoes out that clearly he has internalized as a "harmless nugget of married life" that he probably brings up at social functions

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

It was pretty clearly written by a lovely "Last Man Standing" type man (Tom) - note the following:

1. Complaints about male heirs being unathletic
2. Complaints about cell phone data plan usage
3. Inability to spell Sephora
4. Concerns over daughter sneaking in boys
5. Innocuous anecdote about leaving golf shoes out that clearly he has internalized as a "harmless nugget of married life" that he probably brings up at social functions

But the last part says "after I told him" meaniny its the wife writing, or tom pretending to write as his wife in which case tom is weird.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

But the last part says "after I told him" meaniny its the wife writing, or tom pretending to write as his wife in which case tom is weird.

Or it's not Tom it's Tom's friend who is a really nice guy and actually *~deserves her~*

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Not to defend it or anything but I think the writer meant they as a couple were both 41 years old. The fact that the grammar sucks actually supports my theory, they’d have been 23 when they had the daughter and 38 when they had the last one which is high risk at worst.

I mean this still didn’t happen but we have to consider that grammatical errors can confuse people even in a thing that didn’t happen.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

yeah I eat rear end posted:

also you would think someone living with a teenager until they are 18 would have learned years ago that plans with data caps/text message limits(do those exist anymore?) are a recipe for disaster.

Over here, you're lucky to get 5 or 10 GB with your plan. For my kids, I set it up so that once they've reached their limit, it shuts off (otherwise it can get expensive really quick). When my oldest went over his plan the first time, I paid the extra cost and explained to him how it worked and that I will pick up the tab this time. Next month, he went over for €300 - watching youtube mainly. He got several text messages from the carries that he had reached a €10, €25, €50, ... charge but ignored them. Christmas for him wasn't much fun since I took all the money he got to pay for his debts.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

life is killing me posted:

Not to defend it or anything but I think the writer meant they as a couple were both 41 years old. The fact that the grammar sucks actually supports my theory, they’d have been 23 when they had the daughter and 38 when they had the last one which is high risk at worst.

I mean this still didn’t happen but we have to consider that grammatical errors can confuse people even in a thing that didn’t happen.

No, it definitely says "Still married after 41 years"

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I feel like the 41 years almost has to be a typo/edit; I mean, her being 41 would be believable, I had my first kid at 19 and my last at 33, but there's no way she's got a 3-year-old at ~60 years old.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

MrUnderbridge posted:

No, it definitely says "Still married after 41 years"

Right, but the author is an idiot and is unlikely to be the person they're pretending to be.

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Edit: i need to check this thread

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
White people, when will they ever learn? :smug:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

should start a Facebook group called "I agree with the message but there's no way that poo poo actually happened"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

MrUnderbridge posted:

Usually when you're teaching beginning level stuff, you give the broadest version. Only later do you start getting into the exceptions and why they happen.

“A number to the zero power is one” is the broadest version. Aside from 0^0 being undefined, there are no real number exceptions.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I'd actually believe something like that happened, mostly since I had a similar experience when we started studying exponents, and me having learned about it a bit from my brother (and being a proto-goon) was real eager to show that I know that any number to the power of 0 is actually 1 and oh I'm so smart, but the teacher said things to the power of 0 are actually equal to 0. I was confused, especially when I asked her after the class ended and she said 'oh, it's just easier to teach it like that at first'. I suppose maybe it is? I dunno.

Oh also the whole class clapped or something

This is just bizarre. Children are definitely told things in class that aren't exactly true to help teach them but it's usually by giving them a simpler version of a complex concept or by leaving certain things out. For example when you teach them square roots first you don't need to go into imaginary numbers. Or if you're explaining the cell you might just go thorough some of the simpler processes and leave out the less important structures. Telling them something specifically wrong like the power of 0 is 0 is weird to me because i don't think it's any simpler than telling them it's actually 1.

Anyway my favourite fake stories are from Gecko45. The guy appears on a gun forum asking for advice about body armour and it raises flags with people and he reveals he's a mall cop. He starts spinning the most extravagant bullshit about his mastery of ninjitsu(sic) as well as saving the mayor's nephew's anal virginity which allowed them a bazooka license in the mall. Later on another poster shows up and starts fervently agreeing with Gecko and his status as an "operator". I think first read through this when I was 15 and by the end it was clear that the second guy was trolling and later I just kind of assumed they both were trolling from the start. I haven't read it in a long while but I think regardless of it was a troll or not it's a really fun read. This link has all the posts archived as well as a few of the reactions and occasional explanations e.g. "new thread about X from here".

The Legend of Gecko45

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

shit_that_DID_happen.txt

http://www.kcra.com/article/video-amazon-contractor-defecates-in-front-of-sacramento-home-2/13989485

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah, no.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Some Listicle posted:

I am a nurse in an Emergency Room. My lunch was getting stolen on the regular. I wrote a note and placed it in my bag:

'Whoever is stealing my lunch, please stop. I will catch you. This is a warning.'

The culprit continued. It wasn't every day. I noticed a pattern: if I brought a PBJ sandwich, nothing happened. If I brought ham and cheese, it was definitely getting eaten. I tried making two, hoping to sacrifice one as an offering with a note, 'I made one for you and one for me. Please leave me one.'

The thief ate both and put the note in the sandwich bag. I was furious. Swore revenge and decided to finish this once and for all.

I ordered some Carolina Reaper pepper and put it on the ham and cheese sandwiches. I mixed the seeds into the mayo.

Two hours into the shift, one of the housekeeping guys (from another floor) was screaming about being poisoned while flushing his mouth in the sink. He checked in due to severe esophageal spasms.

Apparently, his body did not tolerate a Scoville Heat Index of 2,200,000. Scoville is the 'spicy heat' measurement of peppers similar to temperature in Fahrenheit. By comparison, a jalapeño has a Scoville Heat Index of 2,500--5,000. Yes, you read that right, a Jalapeño averages around three thousand and the Carolina Reaper is over two million!

Did I get in trouble? The assumption by my boss was that it was a revenge prank gone wrong. They opened an 'investigation' because the culprit lied and said someone spiked his sandwich. He told them to check the 'blue lunchbox' with the name 'Keith' written on it. That is how I came to be summoned to the office.

I walked into the office with my boss and a Human Resources (HR) representative already there and my lunchbox sitting on the desk. My boss said, 'Is this yours?'

I confirmed it was.

'Did you realize Darryl was poisoned after eating a sandwich out of this lunchbox?'

'Wow. No. Thank god it was not me.' I said. 'Who poisoned the sandwich?'

'We were hoping you could explain why a sandwich is so spicy it's inedible,' my boss said. 'Sends someone to the ER with esophageal spasms.'

I explained how I loved hot pepper on my ham and cheese and, had he asked, I would have told him to be careful. I asked, 'How can I reasonably be expected to make a lunch for myself reducing ingredients that may cause a reaction on someone who steals it? I would need a list of all the allergies and intolerances of the people planning to go in our fridge and steal our lunches or---here's an idea---they can just not steal our food!'

I think Darryl had confessed to eating (stealing) my food out of my lunchbox at this point. Just an assumption, I was never told this, but he had obviously told them about the notes I left, and they thought I would admit to 'spiking the mayo' when they confronted me about the notes. I never admitted to writing the notes. Just kept saying, 'What note? Where is it?'

Fat chance I was admitting to anything. The HR representative being present was indication of their intentions if I had confessed. I stuck to my guns, pled ignorance, and asked for my lunchbox back.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The part that I hate the most is that "Scoville units are similar to temperature in Fahrenheit!" If your tongue was experiencing 2.2 million degrees Fahrenheit, your entire body would probably explode in a blast of plasma.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

The part that I hate the most is that "Scoville units are similar to temperature in Fahrenheit!" If your tongue was experiencing 2.2 million degrees Fahrenheit, your entire body would probably explode in a blast of plasma.

I think it is more of a "It feels like..." thing.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

that was a whirlwind

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Does anybody have the story where some dude was donating a ton of money to a camgirl but he was being a creeper and planning their wedding and all that? Then he got pissed at her and donated a money to another girl? It was the craziest bullshit.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

JK! posted:

Does anybody have the story where some dude was donating a ton of money to a camgirl but he was being a creeper and planning their wedding and all that? Then he got pissed at her and donated a money to another girl? It was the craziest bullshit.

I vaguely remember this also and hope a kind goon has a link

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

JK! posted:

This may have (also?) been a twitch streamer.

E: the girl getting the donations being the twitch streamer

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I remember seeing a story where a guy was donating enough to singlehandedly support a streamer and was in love with her, and she said something that generally implied that donations do not buy her love. He then stopped donating and detailed his extensive pleasure watching her struggle to stay afloat without his donations. Is that the one you're thinking of? I can't find the one I saw and googling various combinations of "stream creepy take away donations watch suffer" might be putting me on a watchlist.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Elysiume posted:

I remember seeing a story where a guy was donating enough to singlehandedly support a streamer and was in love with her, and she said something that generally implied that donations do not buy her love. He then stopped donating and detailed his extensive pleasure watching her struggle to stay afloat without his donations. Is that the one you're thinking of? I can't find the one I saw and googling various combinations of "stream creepy take away donations watch suffer" might be putting me on a watchlist.

Yes, it was something like that. And him saying she ate like a bunny so the wedding cake toppers were bunnies? I think.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
Yup that sounds like the right one, the bunny thing I’m pretty sure is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
https://imgur.com/a/g57cN

I can't figure out how to get the photo links on this device, sorry. But don't worry - it wasn't a real wedding cake, just a drawing of one!