Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Shaman Linavi posted:

hi can anyone link me to some yospos approved binders tia

this or this, depending on how you feel about your gut

e. Oh poo poo I posted the wrong ones, I meant to post this and this I can't vouch for the other ones

A Pinball Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

e:wrong thread

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 8, 2017

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

A Pinball Wizard posted:

these actually look pretty nice, ill have to check them out thanks

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shaman Linavi posted:

hi can anyone link me to some yospos approved binders tia

three ring or four?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ate all the Oreos posted:

three ring or four?

You gotta go with Lisa Frank

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

Jesus christ

i still have one unopened one that arrived on a day when we were both feeling pretty lovely already and found it waiting for us and were just like "ugh that loving guy i don't have time for this poo poo" and put it on the counter and left it there, maybe i should do a fun schizophrenic mail harassment unboxing video if i ever get around to opening it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

A Pinball Wizard posted:

woah those are super cheap. or are they all that cheap now?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

i still have one unopened one that arrived on a day when we were both feeling pretty lovely already and found it waiting for us and were just like "ugh that loving guy i don't have time for this poo poo" and put it on the counter and left it there, maybe i should do a fun schizophrenic mail harassment unboxing video if i ever get around to opening it

Have you reported this guy to the postal service? They take stuff like that pretty seriously.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

Have you reported this guy to the postal service? They take stuff like that pretty seriously.

yeah i tell her to report it (or offer to myself) each time we get one, though i don't feel like it's really my place to do it for her unless she wants me to so it's ultimately up to her. she's a pretty shy / non-confrontational person so idk.

in the meantime i just open em' for her when they arrive since i'm bigger and can probably absorb more poison without dying

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

yeah i tell her to report it (or offer to myself) each time we get one, though i don't feel like it's really my place to do it for her unless she wants me to so it's ultimately up to her. she's a pretty shy / non-confrontational person so idk.

in the meantime i just open em' for her when they arrive since i'm bigger and can probably absorb more poison without dying

Ya, don't force her but maybe emphasize the risk that he escalates past mailing stuff. Like, he knows where you live and he's crazy enough to mail you poo poo. Will he always be happy to stop there?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You should give them to the police bomb squad for controlled detonation practice

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibitory_Order

how 2 do it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

cis autodrag posted:

I want you to think very hard about what is wrong with this post.

yeah, sorry all, an (extra) stupid moment

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
also congrats to auspos for being able to gay marry

i assume there's at least one of you in here

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

that doesn't sound like what i'd want though:

quote:

The only absolute requirement is that it must be possible to construe the mailpiece as an offer to sell goods or services.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

cis autodrag posted:

You're mostly on point, except that access to care is hard even in major metros. My current provider put Transgender in my problem list (whoa) and it's visible to everybody, even front desk staff who have no business knowing. Even good clinics don't know what they're doing half the time.

oh yeah definitely, and when you find a good one insurance approved provider lists keep shifting in ways that you have to decide whether to pay stupid amounts of money out-of-network or change providers. I didn't mean to imply anything other than it was even worse in more rural environments.

that leads me to a question - I assume that the support groups and trans community is pretty on the ball about sharing which providers are good, but how is that generally done? just usual word of mouth offline?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shifty Pony posted:

oh yeah definitely, and when you find a good one insurance approved provider lists keep shifting in ways that you have to decide whether to pay stupid amounts of money out-of-network or change providers. I didn't mean to imply anything other than it was even worse in more rural environments.

that leads me to a question - I assume that the support groups and trans community is pretty on the ball about sharing which providers are good, but how is that generally done? just usual word of mouth offline?

Mostly in person word of mouth on my experience. The online community is way too fragmented and full of crazies to get that kind of info usually.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

cis autodrag posted:

Mostly in person word of mouth on my experience. The online community is way too fragmented and full of crazies to get that kind of info usually.

That's how I found my endo, personal recommendation from my therapist.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
If you wanna lol, just pick a random thread at Susan's place and start reading. Those ladies talk like they wear pearls and shoulder gloves while they post.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I just sent a very important letter at work :toot:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Silver Alicorn posted:

I just sent a very important letter at work :toot:

nice, i hope! :)

(sorry yall im lurking here, im just a sjw)

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
hey this is a cool thread, thank u very much op

i'm a cis pan guy, for the record

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

posting so i can filter and go find that binder

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
If you get the 997 ( the long one) get smaller than you think you need, after you wash it a few times it loosens up a lot

A Pinball Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 9, 2017

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Powaqoatse posted:

nice, i hope! :)

(sorry yall im lurking here, im just a sjw)

yeah I opened a dialogue with my org's official LGBT group, as I intend to transition on the job

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Silver Alicorn posted:

yeah I opened a dialogue with my org's official LGBT group, as I intend to transition on the job

Congrats and good luck.

I just got called sir by some stoned tech at the CVS. Thanks guy, it's not like you can see my female name and gender marker right there on my driver's license or anything. My wife says people just don't pay attention and just see "tall person equals man" but that don't make it feel any better.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

my ma’s p tall and she got called sir all the time, so it’s mosdef a thing, but doing it after you get handed ID is kinda naff

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
that's why i just don't use pronouns when i'm cashiering, i'm dumb as hell and would gently caress up a lot

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
just address everyone as your majesty

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I'd like to think that it's just people going on autopilot and making mistakes, rather than trying to be deliberately disrespectful. I'm a cis straight guy and have a long/feminine hairstyle, I get misgendered a lot because people just glance at me, see the hair, and start talking before their brain catches up.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Crazy Achmed posted:

I'd like to think that it's just people going on autopilot and making mistakes, rather than trying to be deliberately disrespectful

youre so loving naive and wrong

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

bump_fn posted:

youre so loving naive and wrong

Probably :(

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

there certainly are some people who misgender by mistake but there are also tons of people who do it because they have no real experience with actual transpeople, or because they think it doesn't matter or isn't disrespectful.

there's also a few special assholes who do it deliberately, "on principle," who need a good punching

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

it's easy to forget that a huge chunk of the population doesn't really know anything about transpeople. our enterprise customers at work are beginning to request that we build gender fields in apps to either have a third "not sure/prefer not to say" option or just offer a textbox, which is nice. when these came up most of my coworkers (from all different parts of the company, not just the devs) were very confused and were responding with stuff like "what's this weird silly gender stuff, why do they need a third gender checkbox here, that's silly! customers are so wacky!"

trans stuff is so alien to them that it's treated as a bizarre novelty that definitely doesn't correspond to any real people

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Its weird how deep it can sit too.

i remember a conversation with my dad some years ago, he said "its biology, you are who you are and you shouldn't pretend". poo poo it must have been 15-20 years ago, cause it was before we learned that grandpa was gay & we only learned that because the probate court showed he'd married some guy after he divorced my grandma.

but it appears that grandpa and the guy had a good married life for as long as it lasted so hell yea to that

e: oh yeah followup -- now dad says more like "who cares about biology, you are who you are etc" imo v big difference

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Peeny Cheez posted:

Those contexts being:

1) Being queer
2) Not being queer, but also not being a butthole
3) Being Shirley Manson

Inappropriate contexts:

1) Being a butthole
2) Making unfounded insinuations about things that are being done to the soil

you know what? i like you

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://mobile.twitter.com/meganamram/status/742029598477537280

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

although in fairness, that is the lowest possible bar to clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i tend to give people the benefit of the doubt re misgendering when i see it happen the first time. if they do it after being corrected or told then i just assume they're being an rear end in a top hat. but most of that is just because i used to be someone like this:

it's easy to forget that a huge chunk of the population doesn't really know anything about transpeople.

unfortunately most of the us education system barely even handles hetero sex ed beyond "lol don't". things like orientation and gender identity are so foreign to most people that the sheer concept that someone could be different than what it might look like is mind-boggling. and of course half the adults in the us generally would prefer anybody like us vanish off the face off the planet

i've been working on replacing using "he" for default with "they" and i still slip up every now and then because it's deprogramming 25 years of that