Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pharmaskittle posted:

This game cries out for a combat racing mode.

no.

never again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Can you turn in trials tokens while trials isn't going on? I was thinking of saving my tokens for a chance of masterwork guns.

I hope the chances of masterworks is going to be decent, but I imagine it'll be lower than the chance of items already having legendary mods.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
We are months post-launch and people still don't know how to turn Taken Blight heroic :arghfist:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

treizebee posted:

We are months post-launch and people still don't know how to turn Taken Blight heroic :arghfist:

YOU GOTTA DIP

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

just ran a couple of heroic strikes for the first time to work on the weekly milestone. is the deal that they just have more oranges/yellows mixed in with the reds? it didn’t seem noticeably different from a regular strike, which is good i guess since the rewards are better?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

treizebee posted:

I honestly prefer and understand this to "Everybody knows we shoot the vents but OH CHRIST why is this so hard? We managed to turn it heroic, somehow." cabal one.

You are not setting yourself on fire while dogs bite you and hoping it all works out.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
yes they just have increased enemy density which includes more majors which means more heavy ammo and also more supers

they are more fun

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Legs Benedict posted:

yes they just have increased enemy density which includes more majors which means more heavy ammo and also more supers

they are more fun

the couple of teams i paired with brought a few lenses with them i guess expecting them to be as broken as in pvp, i was the only one sensible enough to bring a merciless

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

treizebee posted:

I just avoid them for that reason. And Injection Rig.

re :Heroic Strikes; they are fun and good and I want more.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

That big ball always takes a lot more punishment than I expect.

Does it reset each move or keep track of the damage you've done like the little machines in the glimmer extraction?

Waffle House posted:

idk, I like rocket launchers and sniper rifles with my vehicles for some reason. It's too bad there's no Banshee-style flyers planned

I'm never going to argue against rockets as a solution.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

treizebee posted:

I just login and shoot poo poo. I literally have no idea how most things work in this game.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

treizebee posted:

Yeah, I experienced this today. People in fact are still ACTIVELY SABOTAGING these events by going into the bubble and shooting it to collapse it. Jesus.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Curse of osiris strikes suck donkey balls because they arn't even a new strike they put you in the loving story missions with more bad guys. The worst part is they don't even come close to the strikes that came with vanilla destiny 2!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, I experienced this today. People in fact are still ACTIVELY SABOTAGING these events by going into the bubble and shooting it to collapse it. Jesus.
I expect they are trying to keep some kind of "Teehee, I know how the game works!" sense of Nintendo secrets, if you wanted to be optimistic.

But they really should just outright list in game how to turn poo poo heroic. Otherwise you end up with "Oh, I was accomplishing the goal I was explicitly told to do? Turns out I'm an rear end in a top hat". Which was my reaction to looking up how to ACTUALLY turn that taken event heroic, because trying to shoot the giant sphere while outside, or inside the fields did not seem to do anything.

Then you start trying to turn on heroics, and got to see swarms of max level players decked out in trials and raid gear curbstomp something on regular because that was more optimal token grinding according to Gamepro Reddit shut down your attempts to turn something heroic with your baby guns.

But "People need to google up how to actively avoid completing an objective to activate the heroic version" is something I can't get quite so annoyed at by comparison. What's that the level 9 player without a coldheart is shooting the objective? How is this possible!? Isn't that right, pair of dudes people abusing the infinite rocket glitch at once to complete the normal version in 3.7 seconds flat and then shooting the treasure chest fifteen miles away from the players wearing green gear?

Good thing we have no public chat. Win/Win complaints about clueless casuals without having to hold yourself to any responsibility, while bragging how much this protects them from trolls as you launch the loot crate off a cliff. (Thank you, mail service).

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 10, 2017

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Tenzarin posted:

Curse of osiris strikes suck donkey balls because they arn't even a new strike they put you in the loving story missions with more bad guys. The worst part is they don't even come close to the strikes that came with vanilla destiny 2!

Yeah they’re actually better than dogshit it’s great

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Tenzarin posted:

Source your quotes

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I was hoping for a new strike when they said that they added strikes with the dlc. Not just the missions turned into strikes.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

I was hoping for a new strike when they said that they added strikes with the dlc. Not just the missions turned into strikes.

Excuse me sir they're completely different. At least a few lines of dialogue were changed and theres some more baddies in each.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I'm not sure why they didn't just make the heroic adventures strikes. They're probably the coolest parts of the dlc.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
I don’t get why they didn’t bring back modifiers for heroic strikes; they have them on the heroic adventures.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

isn’t adding modifiers the distinction between a strike and a nightfall

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Cowcaster posted:

No

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The plot of Curse of Osiris is about time travel and repeated simulation of the same scenario, it's thematically relevant

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Section Z posted:

I expect they are trying to keep some kind of "Teehee, I know how the game works!" sense of Nintendo secrets, if you wanted to be optimistic.

But they really should just outright list in game how to turn poo poo heroic. Otherwise you end up with "Oh, I was accomplishing the goal I was explicitly told to do? Turns out I'm an rear end in a top hat". Which was my reaction to looking up how to ACTUALLY turn that taken event heroic, because trying to shoot the giant sphere while outside, or inside the fields did not seem to do anything.

Then you start trying to turn on heroics, and got to see swarms of max level players decked out in trials and raid gear curbstomp something on regular because that was more optimal token grinding according to Gamepro Reddit shut down your attempts to turn something heroic with your baby guns.

It would be nice if the game prompted you to do it, maybe with some voice lines prompting you to try doing *whatever* if it sees you haven't done the thing to trigger it before. There is already the alternate set of voice lines that play when you activate the heroic when you've successfully done it a few times after all.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oic

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Cowcaster posted:

D2 nightfalls are as difficult as regular D1 strikes.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sultan Tarquin posted:

ok grandpa

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

Anyway to actually answer the question the distinction between heroic strikes and nightfalls in (later) D1 were more enemies that had heavier shields, plus increased light level.

In D2 we’d have the timer.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Cowcaster posted:

ok grandpa

Back in my day we had to sit and cheese nightfalls with icebreaker for 30 minutes and we LIKED IT.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Sultan Tarquin posted:

This honestly isn’t far from the truth.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

So glad I got an antiope. Only took 78 gunsmith engrams!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

protip: pronounce antiope to rhyme with antelope

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Poops Mcgoots posted:

So glad I got an antiope. Only took 78 gunsmith engrams!
It is a really sweet gun,yeah. Though I always keep a Philip-B around (while I can. loving inventory space creeps ever closer to "Time to delete items you only own one of") because it was the first SMG I didn't suck with, and Sway reduction is more helpful to me in quickplay (So far as shooting flying warlocks armed with an Antiope out of the air with it went). Killclip feels way more fun on an SMG in PvE though.

I'm pretty drat sure it was also the gun I had where I got to hear Shax go "WHO EVER SAID WARLOCKS AREN'T GOOD WITH GUNS!?... Okay, it was me." :allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 10, 2017

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I wish they would gently caress off the timer on nightfalls. Like, if the timer was a modifier it wouldn't be so bad since I could just skip that week, but as it is I just don't bother.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Cowcaster posted:

protip: pronounce antiope to rhyme with antelope

What?

It’s pronounced An-Tie-Oh-Pee, it’s Greek

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

What?

wow it's like you didn't even read my tip from the gaming pros

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rhyme antelope with antelope??

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

What?

It is Greek but it’s an-tee-oh-pee.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Warping into an area and immediately shooting at a boss 200 feet away to tag a Heroic Event right before it ends... feels good :cabot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

OdinsBeard posted:

It is Greek but it’s an-tee-oh-pee.

no, actually, we've established that it rhymes with antelope.

• Locked thread