Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

hahaha omg thank you so much. I'm gonna change it tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm spooky

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So when I saw the gameover screens in cuphead I thought some of the boss mugshots would make good avatars. I spent some time cropping the ones from World 1 if anyone wants to use them.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 3, 2017

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Any Cuphead avs around in this here thread?

Edit: well I should refresh apparently

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

an even spooker av...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey dudes I will buy/trade/upgrade anyone who could possibly help me locate or make for me a new av that is just Cuphead pulling up his pants at the start of any boss fight in a seamless continuous GIF

Ive had the same AV since I reg'd and no one has any idea what its from anymore and its time for me to embrace change, but the only change i want is Cuphead pulling up dem pants

EDIT: the super saiyan verson of this would be if the backgrounds all changed but Cuphead himself remained centralized to show how pulling up your pants is the key to success in anyventure, but just the gif itself from any environment would be a miracle, but i would definitely pay for this and upgrade your account to whatever.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 15, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
How's this?

I had to cut the colors down and make it sorta blurry to get it small enough, but I don't think that is really noticeable given the game's style. I also chose that stage because it's one of the few where it seems the text doesn't overlap him at any point.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Ive had the same AV since I reg'd and no one has any idea what its from anymore

King Fausto will be very disappointed to hear that.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

How's this?

I had to cut the colors down and make it sorta blurry to get it small enough, but I don't think that is really noticeable given the game's style. I also chose that stage because it's one of the few where it seems the text doesn't overlap him at any point.

This is nearly perfect but is it possible to just have him tugging his pants back and forth so they never fall down?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh, that's way easier.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My Hero! How would like repayment, Mein gentle goon?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just send me an avatar certificate via pm

edit: received

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 15, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
As much as I love this avatar, I'd love even more an avatar that shows how much I love griefing/team killing/etc. I am an rear end in a top hat. It can be animated or static. Be as creative as you like! Thank you!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Node posted:

As much as I love this avatar, I'd love even more an avatar that shows how much I love griefing/team killing/etc. I am an rear end in a top hat. It can be animated or static. Be as creative as you like! Thank you!

Not my drawing, just resized it and cropped it. This is the original drawing and this is what it is referencing in case you aren't familiar with DOOR STUCK! DOOR STUCK!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Quote this post if you want me to CAP-ture your avatar

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

an actual dog posted:

ok

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

an actual dog posted:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

guys I posted that two days ago you missed yur chance

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

im sorry i was busy playing mario odyssey

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Kelp Plankton posted:

im sorry i was busy playing mario odyssey

same

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Why would anyone purchase those

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Eww

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

well that's rude

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

You should have known this was coming (I did not do that but I thought about it)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I used to go through life able to post and know that even if my posts were bad, my avatar was good. Now that is gone...

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Internet Kraken posted:

So when I saw the gameover screens in cuphead I thought some of the boss mugshots would make good avatars. I spent some time cropping the ones from World 1 if anyone wants to use them.

ayy my dude

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

an actual dog posted:

I used to go through life able to post and know that even if my posts were bad, my avatar was good. Now that is gone...

That's how Lowtax gets ya!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Forgive me for laughing, because I did. They are pretty odd avatars!

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

What game is this? I'm getting a Dream Machine vibe.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MelvinBison posted:

What game is this? I'm getting a Dream Machine vibe.
Armed & Delirious
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840310

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm xmas

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
It's not even December yet!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

New Wave Jose posted:

It's not even December yet!

christmas starts on november 1st if anything I'm late

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hi, a complete newbie at making avatars here. :) I was hoping to make for myself an avatar based on the kobold dance in this video. Reading the thread, I saw that I can use VirtualDub to extract frames from videos and GIMP or Photoshop to make an animated GIF. I have a few questions though.

- What's a good software or website used to extract the video I linked from Youtube?
- What are the rules for animated avatars here in SA? Like, what are the max dimensions or file size for one?
- Any tips on compressing a GIF to fit the max file size?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

amigolupus posted:

Hi, a complete newbie at making avatars here. :) I was hoping to make for myself an avatar based on the kobold dance in this video. Reading the thread, I saw that I can use VirtualDub to extract frames from videos and GIMP or Photoshop to make an animated GIF. I have a few questions though.

- What's a good software or website used to extract the video I linked from Youtube?
- What are the rules for animated avatars here in SA? Like, what are the max dimensions or file size for one?

That's really cute I hope someone can help you to make it.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

amigolupus posted:

- http://www.clipconverter.cc/ allows you to download video between 2 timestamps make sure to download in the highest quality possible so preserve the retro pixels
- 180x180 pixels and 150kb
- delete frames, delete alternating frames. make the image size smaller, play about with the settings in the photoshop save to web menu

Quick instructional on how I do it w photoshop:
1 download video
2 open it in photoshop then use "save for web" to save it as a gif at high quality
3 now open the saved gif in photoshop and clip out the frames, save again using "save for web", where you can gently caress about with the settings, make sure to set it to loop forever

EDIT: I've had to go to town on it - this is the best I could come up with as the spinning is the best bit

A LOVELY LAD fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 11, 2017

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

A LOVELY LAD posted:

- http://www.clipconverter.cc/ allows you to download video between 2 timestamps make sure to download in the highest quality possible so preserve the retro pixels
- 180x180 pixels and 150kb
- delete frames, delete alternating frames. make the image size smaller, play about with the settings in the photoshop save to web menu

Quick instructional on how I do it w photoshop:
1 download video
2 open it in photoshop then use "save for web" to save it as a gif at high quality
3 now open the saved gif in photoshop and clip out the frames, save again using "save for web", where you can gently caress about with the settings, make sure to set it to loop forever

EDIT: I've had to go to town on it - this is the best I could come up with as the spinning is the best bit

Thanks a lot for the guide and for the example gif! I went with the spinning bit since that seemed the easiest to make a loop of. I've tried to do what you've described and here's what I came up with.

Normal speed:

Faster speed:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

amigolupus posted:

Thanks a lot for the guide and for the example gif! I went with the spinning bit since that seemed the easiest to make a loop of. I've tried to do what you've described and here's what I came up with.

Normal speed:

Faster speed:

These are pretty good for a first try!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

amigolupus posted:

Normal speed:

Faster speed:

Great job!

• Locked thread