Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win?
Moore! *grope*
Jones! *shrugs, looks around* who?
View Results

• Locked thread
MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm am not mad that Jones won. I want this (and other parts of 2017) to be remembered as Trump's Midway, El Alamein, Stalingrad.

Like his Vietnam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
how did i post that itt lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

HMS Beagle posted:

If you're trying to shame me for wanting to see a sad turtle fight a fleshy mound of white supremacism then I just don't know. This is what I spent most of my childhood doing with action figures.

And much like the Godzilla movies the problem is that no matter which monster wins the city is turned into radioactive toxic rubble so it's real fuckin' dumb to hope parliamentary procedure gamera fights theocracy godzilla downtown

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm happy as hell Moore lost but Doug Jones sucks rear end.

look at this terrible post

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Didn't Doug Jones repeatedly tell people healthcare is a right or is there some gold tassel poo poo that makes it not count

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

FAUXTON posted:

Didn't Doug Jones repeatedly tell people healthcare is a right or is there some gold tassel poo poo that makes it not count

iirc he supports a public option but not medicare for all

so that's like, better than 1/2 of the current dems in congress

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm trying not to be a negative nancy, but the apprehension here is that the Dems will continue to run moderates and try to skate-by on the anti-Trump sentiment, which sets them up for an even stronger reactionary backlash if poo poo like Medicare-For-All is sunk by people like Manchin or Pelosi.

Also, 2018 is going to be a hell of a fight to even keep the state of the Senate as-is - a lot of the Dem seats are in places like Idaho and Missouri and Florida that only got there because of Obamarama, meanwhile the red seats up for grabs are states such Texas, Nevada, Arizona.

Guess what bitch, we're in bizarro Obamarama. We all thought it was a sure thing the kid fucker was going to win in one of the reddest states in the country just because he had an R by his name. What does this mean for the many, many republicans in less safe seats?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

robot roll call posted:

Guess what bitch, we're in bizarro Obamarama. We all thought it was a sure thing the kid fucker was going to win in one of the reddest states in the country just because he had an R by his name. What does this mean for the many, many republicans in less safe seats?

They need to keep using their inside voice and hope they aren't primaried by a pedophile.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

also lol old people

https://twitter.com/raymondbraun/status/940764315036069888

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

robot roll call posted:

I mean yeah even if we handwave-away Moore's kiddy-loving and reduce the 30-point swing into a 20-point swing that still means a massive, GOP-stomping blue wave, which I look forward to.

You got me. I'll be cynical tomorrow.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lol at 18-24 having higher turnout than 25-29

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jose posted:

theres literally more people in that bracket dude

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Jose posted:

kinda makes sense

you see whatever chance you have at paying for college vaporize before your eyes and you get motivated

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
also lots of MAGA nazis are in that bracket

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Julie_Johnsoned/status/940800023675179008

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/Naan_Binary_/status/940856743579570176

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Centrism: The Republicans are horrible, irredeemable scum. We should try and change our positions to appeal to the people who vote for that.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
congrats to jeb!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

the centrists literally were arguing that the dems shouldn't allocate any resources towards Alabama because the GOP was going to win anyway up until about a month or two ago lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jones won because moore was so aggressively awful that he actually made independents vote against him

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad of this.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

why do centrists love co-opting everything so much

get ur own causes donuts

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 11:29 on Dec 13, 2017

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
um excuse me they're corncobs ya dingus

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Corncoooobs, donuts;
When we're winning, they go nuts.
BERNIE, they're hatin',
despite all of their flaking.

Oooh make me wanna holler, etc.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Frijolero posted:

Yes, what we need are even more virulent racists and fascists running for office.

Hell yea

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Why are 18-24 voting more Republican than 25-29?

Serf
May 5, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

if i had to guess probably just a numbers game. more young people, of which whites are a bigger number and don't face the same issues with disenfranchisement as young black voters

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

Gamergate

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

mccain would be effectively withholding his vote if he died from brainworms

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

25-29 too busy working at their 3rd job to pay off student loan poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

loving these takes. I need more.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

did the pedo concede yet

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

alnilam posted:

did the pedo concede yet

He will never log off

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

25-29 = job havers

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

punk rebel ecks posted:

The political pendulum is starting to swing back after the uber-liberal Millennials?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

punk rebel ecks posted:

when you’re dealing with a 5 or 8% sub sample the error bars go way up. those numbers could be 5% or more off in either direction.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Alabama is full of olds, only 13% of the voting population is under 30. Probably because the rest had the good sense or money to get out of Alabama.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lycus posted:

The political pendulum is starting to swing back after the uber-liberal Millennials?

also, it's alabama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Roy Moore won't concede until Kayla gets to speak to a manager.

• Locked thread