Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Ok game I'll play Striker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
two pieces of Classified Predator and two in the same for D3 set. in my first 5 or so GE caches

I just know that I am going to be short a full set even if I grind after work. On the plus side I got the Alejandro which seems pretty good. I also got Tenebrae but haven't tried it out yet.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Okay 5 piece Nomad is probably the best 5 piece bonus of any set. Recharging overheal???

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Hamelekim posted:

I just know that I am going to be short a full set even if I grind after work.

I'm trying to persuade my currently unemployed wife to swap out playing mobile games to do a few lex runs while I'm at work, in pursuit of those sweet, sweet caches.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Guillermus posted:

Going rogue on DZ while "helping" others to extract their loot, steal it and carry it to a high level zone is priceless. I don't mind dying because their loot was lower level. Had an awesome time with Sandweed, and we busted a pubbie that went rogue and then kept sending group invites nonstop. Was funny to chase him around the city with all the chaos around.

Lvl 14 PvP is weird now, I had to go up to the skating rink to clear my manhunt. Lvl 17 Elites are not fun even for a legacy purple lvl 14 agent. I learned that you can share the stuff you get from your manhunt caches with others in your group though.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

StevoMcQueen posted:

I'm trying to persuade my currently unemployed wife to swap out playing mobile games to do a few lex runs while I'm at work, in pursuit of those sweet, sweet caches.

Yeah. I am on 3 weeks vacation starting Saturday so I can grind 3 days but I am sad the event wasn't a week later.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

4% dte Purple mods exist but are nearly legend :negative:

The regularly updated Vendor reset page is now recording purple gear mods.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Ok game I'll play Striker.

This game has some fun shotguns, I hope you use shotguns because since CoD4 on the 360 we've been talking about shotgunning down pubbies!

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
So, I just got the game and am curious about the cheating scene. I recall complaints about its prevalence not too long after release. How is it now?

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 13, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

FAUXTON posted:

Ran Warrengate for the first time in a while and drat the sound in that level is cool as hell when they start overloading it.

All the setpieces in this game are really cool.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So, I'm now at five Classy gear pieces - two Striker's, three D3-FENC. I can blow through any Challenging level while solo with comparatively little trouble; wider, more open maps give me a bit of grief due to how far spread out the enemies are, but if I play smart then it's fantastic.

6k Firearms, 5k Health, 4k Electronics with a PP19 - crits for about 68k and given I have a total of about 60% crit...

Fingers crossed I get a Ninjabike bag at some point. I cleared pretty much the entire northern stretch of the DZ by myself due to a Manhunt war, but got THREE loving FERRO MASKS. :bydood: At least one of them was Firearms/Crit Chance/EAD I suppose.

Capn Beeb posted:

I really wish the event was actually global and not just limited to a handful of missions, be great if the UG paid GE coins :(

I'm hoping that global events become their own toggle at some point in the future. It's a bit silly that there's such a big gap between them.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Changelog for tomorrow morning's maintenance:
Fixed a bug where agents could get World Tier 5 cache rewards from Resistance while in World Tier 1.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
poo poo, get those last minute rewards in now then.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad I'll be able to find a regular game of Resistance now.

Edit: If I was was going to be doing anything except Lexington for the next 5 days that is

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 13, 2017

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

I'm glad I'll be able to find a regular game of Resistance now.

Edit: If I was was going to be doing anything except Lexington for the next 5 days that is

I was "working" from home yesterday and I did a lot of Lex runs. I got sick of it at some point and did the security wing only crap until I realized you also have to do stolen signal like that. How the gently caress? Pugs barely can scrape by in there.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Turn A posted:

So, I just got the game and am curious about the cheating scene. I recall complaints about its prevalence not too long after release. How is it now?

I have yet to see one that wasn't in the Dark Zone but I rarely play in there anyways. Consoles you're almost guaranteed not to see a hacker but it's been a while since I've heard about them on PC since the game is almost 2 years old now.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

afkmacro posted:

I was "working" from home yesterday and I did a lot of Lex runs. I got sick of it at some point and did the security wing only crap until I realized you also have to do stolen signal like that. How the gently caress? Pugs barely can scrape by in there.

It'd be tough but if you had everyone running a good shield build it can be done. You'd also still be able to use mobile cover for the final room.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm hoping that global events become their own toggle at some point in the future. It's a bit silly that there's such a big gap between them.

I'm assuming the gap is because they need to make/balance the Classified gear sets for them. Once all of them are out I imagine they'll happen slightly more often.

afkmacro posted:

At least it's not half as bad as trying to do Falcon Lost during Assault without anyone even being knocked down. Smart cover + Mobile Cover + some gear mods is at least a kind of buff.

Speaking of pubs though it seems the promise of sick loot and optimization of said loot has not been enough to bring back the friends and people I played with before. Is anyone playing on PC? I'm at work right now but I'm Tbone-2003 on uPlay.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

Speaking of pubs though it seems the promise of sick loot and optimization of said loot has not been enough to bring back the friends and people I played with before. Is anyone playing on PC? I'm at work right now but I'm Tbone-2003 on uPlay.

Hop on the Discord in the OP, there's a handful of us at the end game and seemingly more and more coming back.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

cage-free egghead posted:

Hop on the Discord in the OP, there's a handful of us at the end game and seemingly more and more coming back.

I'm there aswell! Do I need to indentify myself as goon? username is this one.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Haha, just can't crack wave 17 in Resistance when I'm solo. With 4k electronics my support station doesn't heal me enough, even with my shield taking all the gunfire.

Should I just dump all my SHD tech into one of the bigger support stations or is that the point where a group becomes mandatory?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poptart_fairy posted:

Haha, just can't crack wave 17 in Resistance when I'm solo. With 4k electronics my support station doesn't heal me enough, even with my shield taking all the gunfire.

Should I just dump all my SHD tech into one of the bigger support stations or is that the point where a group becomes mandatory?

uh the only way to get anywhere in resistance is to use the SHD tech support stations so yeah go ahead and do that

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I've been dumping SHD into the turret, mostly. I can't manage it very well with all the doors opening etc.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

I've been dumping SHD into the turret, mostly. I can't manage it very well with all the doors opening etc.

The way I look at it, you absolutely need a healer for Resistance. If you're solo, either you can be the healer, or use the healing station. In group play, you're better off having a dedicated healer (I think reclaimer is your best option here) and using the turret.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of Stolen Signal does that require actual specific sets rather than just whatever high-end gear you have? I tried to pug it but we barely got past the hall of machineguns.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Why is the launcher so painfully slow? It's checking for new content @ 1mb/s. Go faster damnit :argh:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Pierson posted:

Speaking of Stolen Signal does that require actual specific sets rather than just whatever high-end gear you have? I tried to pug it but we barely got past the hall of machineguns.

You need at least a couple shield users. With the new patch, that probably means 2 or 3 D3 guys for the Western section at the end. For the turret hallway, either shields or EMP spam.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Jose Oquendo posted:

The way I look at it, you absolutely need a healer for Resistance. If you're solo, either you can be the healer, or use the healing station. In group play, you're better off having a dedicated healer (I think reclaimer is your best option here) and using the turret.

Going to experiment with the healing station, I think. Maybe replace my striker pieces with reclaimed, hmm.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Turret is trash because it will absolutely get focus fired to poo poo the moment you stop looking at it.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
So i'm running Lex, and it's bugged. There's like 10 other agents in here. Clears are super fast right now.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Guillermus posted:

I'm there aswell! Do I need to indentify myself as goon? username is this one.

In the server, type !authme (your SA username) and it should PM you instructions on how to get authorized, but really it's not a big deal.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The Riker boss commendation makes me think somebody added a zero to every number. Not only do you have to get the kill yourself, explosions from Strike do not count, but previous boss kill ones topped at 30 or 50. this goes 10/50 and has two more stages beyond that, so I can't imagine it being less than a hundred.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 13, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Psion posted:

The Riker boss commendation makes me think somebody added a zero to every number. Not only do you have to get the kill yourself, explosions from Strike do not count, but previous boss kill ones topped at 30. this goes 10/50 and has two more stages beyond that.

Yeah something isn't right with a lot of these commendations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Psion posted:

The Riker boss commendation makes me think somebody added a zero to every number. Not only do you have to get the kill yourself, explosions from Strike do not count, but previous boss kill ones topped at 30. this goes 10/50 and has two more stages beyond that.

You also have to land the killing blow yourself so there's that too.

However its important to remember that these events will presumably repeat themselves at some point, maybe with new commendations added in but certainly with the ability to continue your progress with the old ones. The GE's aren't one-and-done affairs.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

They have the ability to repeat GE's (they even patched some of the old ones) but they have given no indication that they'll actually do so.

I guess the easiest way to farm that is to drop down to WT 1, run Lex, kill Larae, wipe, and then respawn in the boss room, and keep killing Larae over and over again.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Veritas posted:

So i'm running Lex, and it's bugged. There's like 10 other agents in here. Clears are super fast right now.
Oh poo poo, is that back?

A blast from the past: 30 player Warrengate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3b5GA-AtUM

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Should be its own Global event tbh.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

You also have to land the killing blow yourself so there's that too.

However its important to remember that these events will presumably repeat themselves at some point, maybe with new commendations added in but certainly with the ability to continue your progress with the old ones. The GE's aren't one-and-done affairs.

"get the kill yourself," I know.

My assumption is they either hosed up the numbers or they put a mask behind this one specifically to try and make it a prestige item. If the GE did not literally steal kills from me I'd probably be less grumpy about it, but it does. One or the other is acceptable.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

They have the ability to repeat GE's (they even patched some of the old ones) but they have given no indication that they'll actually do so.

I guess the easiest way to farm that is to drop down to WT 1, run Lex, kill Larae, wipe, and then respawn in the boss room, and keep killing Larae over and over again.

They have given some indication, the commendations themselves. They aren't an explicit indication that they'll repeat of course but putting rewards for doing a thing in a menu that the player can see but no longer be able to get would be the height of bad game design. Assuming The Division is still alive they'll likely start to repeat some time after all Classified gearsets has been released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I think you're missing my point. I'm aware they plan to repeat them, that doesn't mean this is a good commendation.

e: or you're arguing that a repeat in the future doesn't make it bad? in which case I disagree.

I should also note 100 is an optimistic guess. It's much more likely to be 150-200 based on step progression from how commendations work. Six days, 150-200 riker named in an event which steals kills and only credits one member of the squad? Or waiting potentially months to finish it? You think either of those are reasonable? :shrug:

50 was fine for Cleaners, 30 was arguably low for LMB what with me getting it by accident during Outbreak because it started tracking, but this? Nah.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 13, 2017

• Locked thread